PDA

View Full Version : Most selfish post you will ever read!

tamarav
01-29-2008, 06:48 AM
First I have to set the stage. I spent my missed youth in Vietnam, had a bad time, wrote a book about it, was published, now nobody can find a copy. I was paranoid, wake up at the drop of a hat and was diagnosed with PTSD.

I got pissed at myself for allowing myself to be so depressed and fought back to the point that I am now, openly dressed and riding the edge of the envelope as far as being visible.

OK, with that picture in mind: I had a nightmare last night, woke up from dreaming that there had been a nuclear attack in the U.S. and that every aspect of our lives was about to change. And what was I the most distraught about? Not my family, my home, my cars, my things, but about not being able to dress. And to think we as a group think this desire will go away with time......

Shelly Preston
01-29-2008, 06:55 AM
Hi Tamara

The mind is one of the most complex things and how it works is a mystery to all of us

It's strange how sometimes our feelings are not what society expects for any given situation
I have seen this happen a few times with people who have just had a shock
Which is what happened in your dream

I would not read too much into it

Bonnie D
01-29-2008, 09:08 AM
Dreams and fantasies are what they are. What you would really do would be completely different, your family would come first and then on from there, dressing would be the last thing you would think about. I am not saying you wouldn't consider it but you would put it into perspective according to the situation.

Bonnie

Jocelyn Quivers
01-29-2008, 09:48 AM
Do not feel bad. I feel the same way. The thought of not being able to dress is basically my biggest fear. In my dread scenario I lose my job and go broke. Losing my house, income, health insurance, ability to buy food doesn't scare me as much, as the thought of not being able to buy femme items anymore. BTW this is meant as a compliment. I would have not thought you served in Vietnam from your picture, you look very young.:thumbsup:Thank you for serving our country.

Chiana
01-29-2008, 09:50 AM
I had to laugh when I read you nuclear nightmare. I had a somewhat similar experience IRL once. I crashed my motorcycle and broke my arm. In the emergency room, while I was under anesthesia as they worked on my arm, I kept dreaming about not being able to get into one particular dress while my arm was in a cast. I wasn't worried about work or insurance or how long it would take to heal or anything else. Just about being able to get into that dress. The wife of one of my best friends had accompnied me to the hospital and she later made a comment that I was talking when I was "under" and that her and the doctor were "shocked" by what I said. That was 25 years ago and to this day, she has refused to tell me what I said.

Bobby Anne
01-29-2008, 09:53 AM
First I have to set the stage. I spent my missed youth in Vietnam, had a bad time, wrote a book about it, was published, now nobody can find a copy. I was paranoid, wake up at the drop of a hat and was diagnosed with PTSD.

I got pissed at myself for allowing myself to be so depressed and fought back to the point that I am now, openly dressed and riding the edge of the envelope as far as being visible.

OK, with that picture in mind: I had a nightmare last night, woke up from dreaming that there had been a nuclear attack in the U.S. and that every aspect of our lives was about to change. And what was I the most distraught about? Not my family, my home, my cars, my things, but about not being able to dress. And to think we as a group think this desire will go away with time......

It just goes to show what narcissists we really are. Ehhh whatta ya gonna do?
While I dress infrequently l now I find many of my dreams are about appearing in public dressed En Femme, but not on the passing level. The focus on my dreams is that as men we now can dress feminine and no one really cares. Sometimes I even find myself levitating in a full skirt? LOL

Emily Ann Brown
01-29-2008, 10:16 AM
I am looking at a job move....North Carolina to Nebraska. High on my "oh crap" list of fears is learning the ropes and making new friends, not as him but as ME. I can relate.

Emily Ann

docrobbysherry
01-29-2008, 10:19 AM
U need better dreams, is all.
I think there was a silly movie about a ray that turned everyone into hot, mindless, bikini babes! Don't remember the details, but as long as you're dreaming----?
Why not do it rite? And Remember, CDing is all about u!
RS

Angie G
01-29-2008, 08:57 PM
I am amazed at what my head can think pup when I sleeping Some time it give me such a fright and some things that could never happen. :hugs:
Angie

charlie
01-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Hey, thinking that you would never get to dress again is no different then a guy thinking that he could never play golf again. Not really as self serving as you thought.

teresa jeen
01-29-2008, 11:39 PM
my head thinks pup all the time too!!!!!!! :heehee: but anyway it was just a dream. we both know that your fight or flight would kick in and the fam. would come first with your running behind with your stash!! id have your back. thank you for your service, i was in the phillipines in 65/6

Joy Carter
01-29-2008, 11:59 PM
Not to steal your thread here, but ever since I have accepted who I am, and am total comfortable being out and about. I constantly have dreams where I'm dressed.

SarahLynn
01-30-2008, 12:51 AM
The mind is a most wonderous thing. It can not tell the difference between reality and fiction. Thus one can fool the mind into thinking you are driving a Rolls or a Ford. That you are safe in your bed at home or out on the street stark naked.

This is why nightmares are so real to us. There is a difference here in that the nightmare was not of monsters as we had as kids but of war, being broke, losing our family, the wife with another man, our girlfriend coming over, a golf ball into the meanest baddest *******s windshield, our paster seeing us dressed, what ever we fear at the moment, when it decides to go off on a tangent.

There is a good part to this and that is, we can control to some extent where it takes us. Having a nightmare, fall off a cliff. That's right, because falling is one of mans most uncontrollable fears. This likely comes from living in trees as primitive types. Falling is such a fear that it will instantly wake you from your bad dream. You will likely have sweats and be all tied up in the covers but you will wake up. And most likely you will not have another bad dream for a day or two. But once you learn to control this aspect of your dreams you will begin to sleep better. And most likely lose this certain fear.

SarahLynn