PDA

View Full Version : The pros and cons of height

Christina Louise
01-29-2008, 12:04 PM
I'm 5'6" in my stockinged feet.

In male mode: I am well below average height :thumbsdn: and if I go to the pub to watch the football on tv then I have to be near the front in order to be able to see it at all - otherwise I have to crane my neck to see over other people's shoulders :thumbsdn:. But when I'm as overweight as I currently am, I can still find male clothes to fit my girth :thumbsup:.

In female mode: I am at the same level as most women, even in heels, :thumbsup: and, once I lose the weight, I can buy regular clothes from any shop :thumbsup:. But being overweight means my choice is currently restricted :thumbsdn:.

Just a couple of my observations - what do you find to be the advantages and disadvantages of being your own height?

NYsong
01-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Personally, as a guy, my height comes in handy now and then. Being 5'7" and very thin, I am not often asked to do anything too strenuous, as thats left to the larger dudes, and I can squeeze behind TVs and sound systems to work on them, which is something I love doing. En Femme, I am about normal height, maybe a little tall on heels (I just got my first ones!! :D), but I think I can blend in all right there too.

Now if Only I could hide the red hair....but at the same time I don't want to, its so great! It just gets me noticed more then I like en femme.

StayceeCD
01-29-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm 5'8 which is kinda on the small side for a guy, but kinda on the tall side for a girl. I seem to be smaller than most CD's though when out. Body is on the slim / average size for a guy so when I put on a corset it really has some nice results. Feet are a size 10 womens so thank god my feet don't look like a coupla PT boats while in heels! :D Now if I could do something about my hands and broad shoulders! GRRRRR! :mad:

Dee Jay
01-29-2008, 12:39 PM
I'm 5' 11"
In heels this gets a bit taller :)
The main problem that I have is tops tend to be too short.
It's either the arms are too short, the body is too short or both.

I have problems buying blouses. It's not too bad for jumpers/pull overs, but summer will soon be upon us and I'll want something lighter.
Maybe losing abit of my ale belly might help with body length, but it won't do much for arms :(

As I don't venture outside, my height isn't a problem as no one is going to see me. My wife is almost as tall as me so together we're perfectly matched :)

The other problem with height is.... SHOES!!!!
Having 2 canal barges as feet can be a problem when looking for heels.
Luckilly, our local high street larger size shop (Evans) had a pair of leather knee length boots and a pair of 3" heeled shoes in my size on Saturday,
both at a great price, so I'll not need to look again for a while :)

DJ

JoAnnDallas
01-29-2008, 01:31 PM
I am 5' 8", 150 pounds. 40-33-35 measurements, size 12/14 dress, and size 9 heel. Nice thing about being this size, is it give me a whole range of clothing and styles to work with. It also helps when I go ou dressed to blend in, since my height and size doesn't yell "MALE". I have noticed that a lot of women tend to be between 5' 5" - 6' 0", whereas men tend to be between 5' 10'' - 6' 3".

jennydl
01-29-2008, 01:46 PM
At 6ft2 in bare feet and 225lbs with size 12 feet finding femme clothes that fit is a real chalenge.and in drab,being a large man can intimidate others to the point of being avoided.Although women seem to be attracted to it. I also don't have to wory about being assaulted as sometimes just a look will scare some away.
jenny

linnea
01-29-2008, 02:35 PM
At 6ft2 in bare feet and 225lbs with size 12 feet finding femme clothes that fit is a real chalenge.and in drab,being a large man can intimidate others to the point of being avoided.Although women seem to be attracted to it. I also don't have to wory about being assaulted as sometimes just a look will scare some away.
jenny

Even among men, I am bigger than average. This has advantages in a world of push and shove, but I am not particularly interested in push and shove. As Linnea, I have the disadvantage of standing out because I am a large, tall woman. I feel pretty comfortable about my size in either presentation, but finding women's clothes that fit can be a significant challenge. Sleeve lengths are especially problematic, and jewelry is very difficult to find in appropriate sizes.
Nonetheless, I enjoy dressing and going out as a woman.

joann07
01-29-2008, 02:41 PM
In my pantyhosed feet, I'm about 5'5" and just over 160 lbs. I can wear anywhere between a 12 and 14 size dress. With 3 or 4 inch heels, they would put me well between the average height range for most women and so it allows me to blend in extremely well.
However, I've seen more taller women in my area, so it would seem, and they're so pretty. There's no issues with being tall.

pamela_a
01-29-2008, 02:45 PM
At 6'5" tall and weigh... well, a girl never tells that does she. I'm always the tallest girl in the room (although I was happy to see Maria Sharapova and Ana Ivanovic are both over 6' tall). I can't wear heels (feet too big anyway, sz 15W nearly impossible to find) but I do find it much easier to find clothing that fits in the women's dept than I ever found in men's. Tops are the most challenging for me, trying to find one long enough isn't easy and I don't even bother looking at something long sleeved.

-Paula-

KandisTX
01-29-2008, 02:47 PM
At 6 ft tall and 220 lbs with a size 12 femme shoe size, finding shoes and clothing that fits best is a BITCH for sure. But, I do make do and still have plenty of fun when dressed.

Kandis:love:

MonicaDD
01-29-2008, 03:03 PM
I am 5'10" bare footed and wear nothing other than a 5" heel shoe, and I love them, yes it makes me a tall girl, but even though I stand a little taller than most women I have found that most people, men and women, are attracted to tall women, as long as they are not over weight and I most certanly am not. I get a lot of stares from both men and women and have a never ending supply of flirting men following me around, so with that I feel my height is perfect for both my male job (yuk) and my female persona. I love my height. Monica.

Julogden
01-29-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm 6'5" and big too. It's basically miserable being MTF transgendered at my size. I don't have too much trouble finding clothes except for things that have long sleeves, and shoes, of course. I wear size 14/15 in men's shoes, so women's shoes are a REAL challenge, but I guess I do OK. I find that women's casual shoes and flats are the hard (almost impossible, more accurately) ones to find, as I have heels that fit me perfectly, they're easy to find.

In male mode, there are advantages, people don't generally give me any trouble, but I find that being this big, I can inadvertently intimidate people, which is upsetting. My personality is such that I don't take advantage of my size in a typically male manner. And men's clothes are also more difficult to find at my size too, more expensive than men's regular sizes too.

Carol

Joy Carter
01-29-2008, 04:08 PM
Six foot and maybe two fifteen. Dress size eighteen. I don't worry about what others may see. I'm love being Joy and be out and about.
BTW there are more GG's than you think that are five ten or better.

Carroll
01-29-2008, 04:11 PM
5'4" and 175, so for me its a short dude, but a nice average height for a girl. I fit in size 16-20 depending on the maker and style

KelliBennett
01-29-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm a hair over 5'9" in bare feet and while a fair number of woman are shorter then me. Usually not by a lot. Plus I have noticed a lot more my height. Taller if they are in heels.

I'm lucky in the fact that I have 8.5 in womans shoe along with a wearing a size 8 or med in most clothing items. Occasionally bumping up or down depending on the item or cut. My only down fall is my broader shoulders for my height (fortunetly not too broad).

Kathy Renee
01-29-2008, 05:12 PM
I am 5'10" tall and find that to be a pretty good height in both male and female mode. Years ago when my knees and ankles would allow me to wear 3+" heels, I felt that the height was a little taller than I wanted in fem mode. Now I wear flats or <2" heels and find this a really good height in fem mode. My fem shoe size is 11W and have not had too big a problem finding shoes.

Krystyn
01-29-2008, 05:26 PM
They built the sidewalks too close to my ass...didn't like that as a guy...as a girl it's great.

I can buy things off the racks with no size problems...even petites when the misses are picked over.Most female clothing is designed for my heighth and wieght.En Femme I blend.

In heels I stand just right and think I'm well proportioned for a CD'er.

The bad part is...I like the long leg look...I'm sol there.

Krystyn

Sarah89
01-29-2008, 05:33 PM
I'm about 5'7/5'8, and Im just a tiny bit taller than most woman where I live.

As a man its a disadvantage I guess, but their are smaller males , so I won't complain.

As a woman , Well... I'm more than happy.
My height combined with my small bone structure and weight, I think It definatly is an advantage in girl mode.

One of the many reasons I actually like my CDing desires, is that I can actually be happy with my body, and It's always a good thing to be happy with what you have.
Whereas before CDing came into my life, I was always annoyed at how inferior i was to most males, I found it extremly difficult to put on weight, I found it difficult to get my body looking "buff".
But now , I just love it the way it is :D.

Sally24
01-29-2008, 05:46 PM
At 6' I am above average for women, but I have a sister in-law who is as tall and heavier. I weigh in around 150-155 so I'm pretty slim for my height. I usually find juniors sizes in tops fit me best (11-13). I wear kitten heels and up to 2 inches or so regularly. When I go to clubs I will wear the 3-4 inch heels but not usually any other time.

I like that I can shop regular stores for shoes and clothing. I've got decent legs and slim arms so I show a fair amount of skin. Even when I don't "pass" I still look attractive so who cares!

(It worked in the Fashion Show to give me a bit of the "model" look, that and not eating much for the previous week! LOL)

Khriss
01-29-2008, 05:55 PM
I'm 6'5" and big too. It's basically miserable being MTF transgendered at my size. I don't have too much trouble finding clothes except for things that have long sleeves, and shoes, of course. I wear size 14/15 in men's shoes, so women's shoes are a REAL challenge, but I guess I do OK. I find that women's casual shoes and flats are the hard (almost impossible, more accurately) ones to find, as I have heels that fit me perfectly, they're easy to find.

In male mode, there are advantages, people don't generally give me any trouble, but I find that being this big, I can inadvertently intimidate people, which is upsetting. My personality is such that I don't take advantage of my size in a typically male manner. And men's clothes are also more difficult to find at my size too, more expensive than men's regular sizes too.

Carol
im 6'4" tall ...about 190 lbs ..not that thin ...though I strive to be appealing
reguardless.. More of "ME" to love ?? hehe xx"K"

Jodie Wexler
01-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Six foot and two inches without shoes. I almost always wear a 4 inch shoe sometimes a little more or a little less. I am thin and my dress size is 12/14 about right for my height. The shoe is a 10 so I can get just about anything, anywhere the regular girls shop.
Jodie

Val Tan
01-29-2008, 06:17 PM
I'm 5' 11"
In heels this gets a bit taller :)
The main problem that I have is tops tend to be too short.
It's either the arms are too short, the body is too short or both.

I have problems buying blouses. It's not too bad for jumpers/pull overs, but summer will soon be upon us and I'll want something lighter.
Maybe losing abit of my ale belly might help with body length, but it won't do much for arms :(

DJ

I second that! I like sporty tops, but they're always too short :(

SusanMarie
01-29-2008, 06:36 PM
I am 5'7" about 150 lbs. Had been about 140lbs most of my adult life. Size 6 1/2 mens shoe. Can never find men's clothes that fit right. Always a little to big or a little to small....Women's on the other hand, no problem. And my over all build is 'slight' for a guy to say the least...so when I finally came to understand the gift we all share, I was thrilled. Femme shopping is such a blast!

Amy07
01-29-2008, 06:37 PM
A tall 6 foot 2, and 225 in flats and lingerie. 12W shoe. But, I am finding a lot more things that fit. Disadvantage for me, cause the great looking skirts are smaller..

Cristi
01-29-2008, 07:24 PM
...what do you find to be the advantages and disadvantages of being your own height?

I find being my own height is an advantage. It is certainly easier than being somebody ELSE's height. A few hours of THAT can really be a strain :D

But seriously... at 6'1" I stand almost literally head and shoulders above most women. I haven't let it stop me from going out, but it does add an extra challenge if I am trying to blend in.

It also means that 1) no heels when I'm out unless I REALLY want to stand out and 2) It is almost impossible to find a skirt/dress/nightgown that is any longer than mid-calf on me. I'd love to have some nice ankle-length skirts, but they just can't be found for people with legs as long as mine!

and don't get me going on arms... my wife tells me I she thinks I could probably scratch my own knees without bending over! It is impossible to find something that doesn't look like a 3/4 sleeve on me!

SandyR
01-29-2008, 07:26 PM
6'2" 185 in bare hose........I use to try an hide it when out and about as Sandy, but now I just go with the flow. Lifes good!

SandyR

julie w
01-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Im 5/10 taller than most women I always where flat shoes in public
in male mode I feel that more guys are shorter than me than taller
One of my SO s friends is the same height as me and looks like me when
I am dressed same hair style and build it gives me confidence when I see her

Jocelyn Quivers
01-29-2008, 08:23 PM
At 5'6" I used to hate being short as a male. It was especially a big disadvantage when playing sports. However I've learned to appreciate it now and consider it an advantage while being en-femme. If I didn't have big bulky shoulders and arms everything would be perfect.

TaylorAB
01-29-2008, 08:32 PM
I'm 5'5 in bare feet. I used to hate being small. As a kid, I got picked on a lot. Now I love my size and wouldn't trade it at all.

Angie G
01-29-2008, 08:33 PM
I 5' 7'' and a womans size 12=14 works for me :hugs:
Angie

KateSpade83
01-29-2008, 08:43 PM
At 5' 4" tall is was born for crossdressing! But my feet are a big 9.5 M. I seriously thought about being a pro basketball player and I monitored my height growth but it stopped freshman year HS so I gave up on the dream. At least I can fit both the petite and regular sizes! As long as I keep near 145 lbs I can wear a size 4 and share all of my clothes with a woman my height. Britney Spears is also 5' 4" size 6 - so she'd be perfect for me!

heidi99
01-30-2008, 12:10 AM
I, too, am 6'2". I haven't been out that much, but I do feel a little self-concious about my height sometimes. Think Lurch's famous line, "You rang?" :D But I try and be a far sight prettier than Lurch. :p

Lisa Renee
01-30-2008, 12:30 AM
I'm about 5'10 1/2", I think I'm shrinking. I used to be 5 11. It doesn't bother me to be out in 3 inch heels. I have noticed GG's taller than me, so it really doesn't matter in the least.

Marvina Martian
01-30-2008, 01:15 AM
I have always been very happy with being 5'6" & 130 lbs. I am a size 7m shoe and am 36/28/36! (I just have to keep track of the weight ;) ) but this has made me very good at anything I have ever pursued, both in guy mode and in girl mode!

docrobbysherry
01-30-2008, 01:23 AM
5' 10" and 155 lbs. Look just like the avatar rite now. Will drop to 145 by summer, so Sherry can model swim suits. Size 8 to 12. No problem finding clothes that fit.
RS

Alana65
01-30-2008, 01:31 AM
As a man (yuck), advantage.....6'5" tall, 230 lbs.
As a woman, DISADVANTAGE....6'5" tall, 230 lbs.

To be honest, I have to say that I'm very jealous of all of you girls that are shorter than 6 ft & thin. I've always wished that I was in the same group so that clothes were easier to find and make it easier to pass in public. With my height, weight, and large hands conspiring against me, I don't feel comfortable going out en femme (unless it's around Halloween time....then people will assume I'm going to/coming home from a costume party). Otherwise I stay home.

shenangovalleygal
01-30-2008, 01:55 AM
well since im 5'11 i have no trouble unless the screen is above me and i have to tilt my head up to view. but im 190lbs and i have to find things to wear that are in hte womens sizes. i wear a 9.5w in shoes (both genders), in my boots i got at goodwill, they make me just over 6' tall. if i have to bend down i have to becareful because my right knee hurts when i do that, squat, sit on them, gets banged, someone sits on it or when it gets really cold due to me dislocating it in 95. but other than that i have no trouble.

nicki
01-30-2008, 03:24 AM
im 6.1 without heels. 145ish in wait,, size 2 in jeans, small in some things, medium in others, size 10.5 to 11 in heels. gotta love long thin legs !

Alayna
01-30-2008, 03:44 AM
advantages of being 6'5" tall: Um...I can reach stuff that's high....

disadvantages: the world isn't built for people above 6'2", so take your pick.

I suppose being gawked at by anyone and everyone (especially kids) is an advantage since I'm used to it. When I step out in heels and reach 6'8" I'm not as self-conscious as I would otherwise be. lol, if only I started drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes when I was a child:p!

Angela Burke
01-30-2008, 05:38 AM
I'm 5'9". I used to be almost 5'11".
I'm shrinking. Help Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Seriously, I'm told that height decrease can be a part of the natural ageing process. I suppose the only disadvantage would be that my skirts would appear to get longer with the passage of time.

Telexa
01-30-2008, 06:50 AM
Aside from having to help everyone at the grocery store reach the top shelf, i love being tall, 6'3" 180lbs. Oh and i have many ford mustangs over the years and i always have to relocate the seat back a couple inches so its comfortable to drive.

if only I started drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes when I was a child:p!

Been drinking coffee since i was 5-6 with my G-mom at lunch and dinner, and i have been smoking since (this is terrible)11, i cant say if it really effected my growth but if it did I'm kinda glad cause if i was taller then this i think day to day things would be a bit more difficult.

Laurie909
01-31-2008, 04:37 AM
I'm 5'6" in my stockinged feet.

In my world you're a GIANT. I'm 5' 3" which is great if you're a woman.....not so great, if you're a man. I never really notice how short I am until I see myself in a photo with other people, most who tower over me.

Christina Louise
01-31-2008, 05:17 AM
...I'm 5' 3" which is great if you're a woman...

You wear the heels, I'll wear the flats, we'd make a good team :hugs:

Genifer Teal
01-31-2008, 05:37 AM
At 6' 4" w/o my usual heels, I cope very well. Not much I can do but flaunt it. I'm easy to find in a crowd. I don't need to keep look for my friends - they find me - everyone gravitates towards me. This is great cause I like the extra attention I get.

People remember me & my name. I've walk up to many a stranger (in the NYC club scene) and been greeted with "you're Genifer, aren't you?" When it comes to getting into the clubs, I often get noticed faster and therefore get in sooner.

The cheap seats in back suite me fine. I can always see the stage.

Made lots of friends in the "Tall Club". Look it up, there really is one. Plently of leg to show off. Just about everything's a mni skirt.

How many Genifer's does it take to change a light bulb? Just one and she doesn't need a stool.

I can't swim but I'm unlikely to drown in most pools which only go up to 6 ft deep. I could go on.

On the down side, I am looking to increase the height of 3 standard size doorways in my house. Also I often have to alter my clothes to fit better. Nothing I can't deal with.

Vicky_Scot
01-31-2008, 07:59 AM
I am 6'2" in my stocking soles.

I do not worry, there is not much I can do about it, is there.........:happy:

Thought everyone like big tall sexy girls anyways..........:heehee:

Xx Vicky xX

Nicki B
01-31-2008, 08:36 AM
IME men love tall women - it's the other women that have the problem? My other half was 5'10" and was bullied mercilessly at an all-girl school.. :( But being tall means you can't not be noticed - so, you might as well use it? :)

Every attribute can be a strength or a weakness, depending on how you approach it? (I'm 6'3" & 200lbs, btw.) :gorgeous:

Alana65
01-31-2008, 09:37 AM
At 6' 4" w/o my usual heels, I cope very well. Not much I can do but flaunt it. I'm easy to find in a crowd. I don't need to keep look for my friends - they find me - everyone gravitates towards me. This is great cause I like the extra attention I get.

People remember me & my name. I've walk up to many a stranger (in the NYC club scene) and been greeted with "you're Genifer, aren't you?" When it comes to getting into the clubs, I often get noticed faster and therefore get in sooner.

The cheap seats in back suite me fine. I can always see the stage.

Made lots of friends in the "Tall Club". Look it up, there really is one. Plently of leg to show off. Just about everything's a mni skirt.

How many Genifer's does it take to change a light bulb? Just one and she doesn't need a stool.

I can't swim but I'm unlikely to drown in most pools which only go up to 6 ft deep. I could go on.

On the down side, I am looking to increase the height of 3 standard size doorways in my house. Also I often have to alter my clothes to fit better. Nothing I can't deal with.

Genifer,

You're only an inch shorter than I am, but you tower over me with your confidence. I admire you greatly ! :hugs:

Alana

Samantha43
01-31-2008, 03:12 PM
I am 6', 185 pounds, size 11 or 12 womens shoe. My problem is that I am built like a linebacker. Most of my weight is above the waist with narrow hips and small butt. I don't carry any excess weight, but my figure is definately not feminine. Too much working out in my younger days.... I wear a size 18 tall top and size 12 bottom.

Can you say amazon woman?

AmandaM
01-31-2008, 05:13 PM
I'm 5'8 1/2" tall. I still weigh 199 but am trying to lose weight. I wear a size 16 in misses. I lifted too much and don't lift now, so most of the weight is muscle and not fat. I have a small belly now since I lost 25 pounds recently. Going for 25 more. That will put me in size 13/14 for sure and a 38 bra. Then, I can shop misses or juniors. Also, I don't have slim guy hips, mine are wider with the booty-thing too. That definitely helps. I never needed padding, even when young. I guess my frame is medium. I'm not lithe, and I'm not a jock. For heels, I usually use 3 inch. Four seems too uncomfortable, and two is for grannies! :D

tall sam
01-31-2008, 07:18 PM
Try 6'6''!! thats with or without my pantyhose on! I am slim!

In male mode its great, took alot of teasing when younger but now handle it and it has many advantages. Its really a challange when being Samantha. Clothing is a challange but probably an advantage as it limits me going out and buying too much! Generally I will have to modify outfits to make them work. As for shoes - thats a battle trying to find something that fits with a 1'' heel of flat sole but also has some style --- help!!

The buggest difficulty I suffer is giong out enfemme. I have done it once and got many stares and that can hurt. I dream of just being able to go out and jsut be one of the girls - I am even prepared to travel anywhere in the world just to enjoy/experience that. So if anyone of you know a place where a 6'6 stunner can go out clubbing and have a great eveing without tooo many stares please let me know!
Desparate but loving my lady self
Sam

Nicki B
01-31-2008, 07:40 PM
The buggest difficulty I suffer is giong out enfemme. I have done it once and got many stares and that can hurt. I dream of just being able to go out and jsut be one of the girls - I am even prepared to travel anywhere in the world just to enjoy/experience that. So if anyone of you know a place where a 6'6 stunner can go out clubbing and have a great eveing without tooo many stares please let me know!

A friend of mine is 6'6" and has been transitioned 15 yrs - she's a very successful businesswoman, from a family of tall women (Mom & sisters all over 6').... No one every considers she is other than she is - a car fanatic, who goes off and does welding at night school... Right, Kieron? :)

If you're tall, you'll get noticed. That doesn't have to be a bad thing, trust me?

Juanita O
01-31-2008, 09:15 PM
I am 6ft 2in tall, i am built like the linebacker. There is a girl that works in my building that is 6ft 2in tall, she looks me square in the eyes. She always wears flat shoes.

theresa
02-01-2008, 12:36 AM
I thank God every day for making me below average height (5'7") guy which gives you a slightly above average height girl. Got lucky there I think. Now if I can just dump those 20 pounds to get to that size 14!

Chickhe
02-01-2008, 12:48 AM
Hi. I am 5'9" and my weight is 150. I have a bit of a belly now after a lack of exercise and over eating on my vacation. I was down to 140 and had a good figure and thin waist for dressing up, but was starting to look boney in the face. Now I think I have a softer look, but I think my waist is more male looking.

Janet Bern
02-01-2008, 02:36 PM
I am 6'3 185. good legs and pretty nice body. I could probably pass if I wasnt so tall. size 12 shoe is fine and most clothes fit pretty nicely except for the arms on blouses. If I go shopping I wear tight womens jeans bra and breastforms stockings but leave off the wig and makeup. I think I would get too many looks at a mall, I would hate that..
Janet

Megan (VA)
02-01-2008, 03:26 PM
At 5'11'' I am taller than most genetic women. It does make it harder to find tops that fit correctly in the sleeves, but that just gives me an excuse to shop more :D

I match my shoes to the occasion. For daywear it is either flats or a low heel. If going out I'll vamp it up a little and maybe wear something with a few inches on it.

My feet are freakishly large. A women's 12! I'm very picky about shoes, both in terms of style and quality and this combined with the large size means I pay more for my shoes than I care to admit. I like some of what J. Crew makes in the larger sizes and if I ever win the lottery I'm off to Christian Louboutin in a heartbeat! He makes some amazing shoes in size 12.

Body wise I am slender overall but have wide shoulders and a wider waist than most genetic women. I've returned some beautiful dresses after getting home and realizing they didn't fit well. Cest la vie.

Carly D.
02-01-2008, 04:54 PM
I am just shy of six feet tall flat footed and I love high heels, and so I guess my answer would be that I don't care about the gg rule of what ever it is.. I have seen tall women wear heels and I am a huge fan of tall women...

Genifer Teal
02-01-2008, 05:31 PM
So if anyone of you know a place where a 6'6 stunner can go out clubbing and have a great eveing without tooo many stares please let me know!

Where do you live?

Gen

Dawn Marie
02-01-2008, 09:32 PM
I'm about 5'5" in my stocking feet and about 164 lbs. Small for a guy but just about right for a female, thou a little larger around the waist. Shoe size about a womens size 7.5 or 8, which gives me a lot of choices in shoes. Clothes wise about a size 12. I feel lucky to be small just need to lose a little around the middle, but a corset does the trick nicely.

Rachel Morley
02-01-2008, 09:51 PM
I'm 5 ft 4 ins tall and I weigh 128 lbs (9 stone 2lbs). All my life being a short guy was a challenge in "guy circles." However, now I've accepted myself as a girly guy things are much better ... yep, I don't care any more! :happy:

Obviously, being this small helps tremendously when it comes to blending in when I'm en femme in "regular" public places. I gotta be honest with you ..... being short (5ft 4ins tall is apparently the average height of a woman) is the thing that gives me the most confidence about being in public en femme.

happygirl
02-01-2008, 10:08 PM
At 6'5" in flats (175lbs) I present quite the statuesque woman. In private. If I did go out in public in 4" heels, ducking through doorways as I go, I think I would cause some unwanted attention. Too shy for that anyways. I will share with you all later though, I'm still a newbe. Lyn

happygirl
02-01-2008, 10:11 PM
well in that case maybe I should take an adventure in public. 6'9" in heels, think anyone would notice? Lyn

Genifer Teal
02-01-2008, 10:18 PM
I was quite shy until I started going out. Somehow we build confidence along the way.

Gen

jamie55
02-01-2008, 11:26 PM
Hi Ladies: I am tall enough to reach the ground when I stand up, easier in 4" hells (lol). I'm 5' 8", 130 lbs (soaking wet with my steel toe boots). Size 8 heels, size 6 dress. Female physique, male brain, what a mess!

"Mary"
02-02-2008, 06:00 AM
At 5' 13", and 200 +/- 5, I stand out. If it were not for wide shoulders' I'd be able to wear most 16/18. If I were a prettier girl, that would be fine, but I would rather blend in a bit easier. Although, I love heels and do pretty well in them, this just adds to the dilemma.

Long sleeves - I like the ability to cover guy arms that are somewhat hairy, but most sleeves seem too short. But, the more I look around, women seem for wear sleeves that only come part way over the forearm. Maybe I ought to get used to that feel and use it to my advantage.

Diana

Tracy_Victoria
02-02-2008, 07:10 AM
Strange I should read this post today.

Whilst standing in a queue yesterday there was a lady in front of me that towered over me, i'm no little person at 5'9" to 5'10" but she must have had 4 to 6 inches on me (at least)

Personally I didn't think anything about it for a while, but as something regarding my dressing popped in to my mind, and I though "shes tall" How ever it was as quickly brushed off again.

I do wonder if some people make more of somethings than they should, ie woman (thankfully) come in all shapes and sizes, and big of note much wider than most I'm always aware of the fact that there are big girls out there, and there are tall ones too.

MarciManseau
02-02-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm 5'6" and about 122# now, so I'm extremely lucky when it comes to my body size. Finding clothes now that I'm full time is very easy, a nice change from when I was living en drab and had to buy things in the boys' department.

When I was young, I got picked on because I was small by even some of the smaller guys in school. but now men flirt with me, which is far nicer. :D

Hugs, Marci

Michelle8
02-02-2008, 01:46 PM
I am 6'0 tall and when I'm in heels and shopping I think I
Get Some looks because of it.Maybe It's in my owm mind
but I Wonder.

MarciManseau
02-02-2008, 01:55 PM
I am 6'0 tall and when I'm in heels and shopping I think I
Get Some looks because of it.Maybe It's in my owm mind
but I Wonder.

It might be because almost no women wear heels when they go shopping now.

Hugs, Marci :hugs:

Fab Karen
02-02-2008, 04:20 PM
It might be because almost no women wear heels when they go shopping now.

Hugs, Marci :hugs:
I live in a world-reknown metro. city, and it is a variety of what GG's wear out shopping.

Carly D.
02-04-2008, 11:56 AM
well in that case maybe I should take an adventure in public. 6'9" in heels, think anyone would notice? Lyn

Maybe, but I think when the fan blades from the ceiling fan hits you in the head that maybe you should wear low or no heels.. or watch for that type of thing.. wow almost seven feet tall.. yikes..

PameeSue
02-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Theres only one or two postings here that are similar to me.....makes me feel like a pixie! - although I am proportioned well!
I'm 5ft 3in in stockings and 130 lbs (trying for 120), size 6.5 - 7 ladies shoe.
I've been able to choose from petites, misses, 6-12 depending on style and cut. So I guess I'm quite lucky, almost never standing 'eye-to-eye' with 90% of males, even with 2-3 inch heels... and YES I love it!
I dont care how big others are, but most guy ASSociates have tried to intimidate me, - in drab mode - if it hasnt been verbal hints (they think its funny), they come and stand right close and seem to enjoy looking down at me. But because this has been a life long issue for me (and them), it has been a learning experience for me to be able to deal with it.

:tongueout

lil Suzie

Nicki B
02-08-2008, 09:05 PM
I dont care how big others are, but most guy ASSociates have tried to intimidate me, - in drab mode - if it hasnt been verbal hints (they think its funny), they come and stand right close and seem to enjoy looking down at me. But because this has been a life long issue for me (and them), it has been a learning experience for me to be able to deal with it.

Suzie - have you tried sitting down, when they do that? Force them to get even lower... :winking:

shirley1
02-08-2008, 09:30 PM
i think i'm approx 5ft 10 weigh about 150 pounds could do with loosing my stomach as i'm skinny everwhere else but then my clothes male and female prob wouldnt fit - i dont see my height as a problem see plenty of ggs about my height especially younger girls and many of them are a lot bigger built than me - but i'm glad i'm not over 6 foot - shoe size 8 (uk) no probs gettin shoes to fit - arnt most female models these days fairly tall anyway

kathy001
02-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Just about 5'10" OK in male mode but a PITA in girl mode as it doesn't allow too high a heel height. Sorta stuck with either flats or maybe 2" max heels without affecting confidence.
On the other hand take this female basketball player at 7'2"! I'll bet she doesn't worry about passing!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margo_Dydek

shirley1
02-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Just about 5'10" OK in male mode but a PITA in girl mode as it doesn't allow too high a heel height. Sorta stuck with either flats or maybe 2" max heels without affecting confidence.
On the other hand take this female basketball player at 7'2"! I'll bet she doesn't worry about passing!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margo_Dydek

someone said that to me at a tg meeting i went to the other nite "pita height" excuse my ignorance but what does that mean (bordeline too tall ?) wasnt princess diana about 5ft 10 and she wore heals - i'll be honest going out dressed is scary enough for me at the moment the last thing i am thinking about is my height ! you could be 5ft 1 but if you dont look like a female in any shape or form does it really work as an advantage to you being short ?

kathy001
02-08-2008, 11:24 PM
All i can say from my personal experience is that a height appreciablly taller than the average GG requires a lot more preparation in order to pass. Just take a stroll through the local mall. First impressions mean a lot! I'll generally check out short women in a nanosecond unless there's something extra ordinary going on such as big boobs, pretty or if she's wearing a skirt, etc. But when i see a tall statuesque girl or woman who stands out i for one can't help but check her out in more detail than i would a shorter gal assuming both were average looking. I geuss its human nature to check out things out of the norm!

The one thing i noticed about most tall girls or women is that they are SLIM, usually very slim. Yep there's the occassional 6+ foot 200 pound woman of which i seen one the other day. I naturally checked her out more than usual but her demeanor and attitude as i perceived it was "hey i'm a big girl, i'm going about my business and i don't give a #$%^ what anyone thinks" and that was that! Just a big girl nothing more, nothing less. As said many times on this forum, attitude, attitude.
IMO blending in with the average GG in the present environment, don't attract attention and most important don't act nervous, figity or keep looking over your shoulder to see if anyone is reading are the keys!
I've successfully passed many years ago when i weighed a hell of a lot less than i do now but its a work in progress.

"I'm a big girl, i'm going about my business and i don't give a #$%^ what anyone thinks"

Raya
02-09-2008, 02:06 AM
I'm 5' 9", which works well for guys and girls. I'd say my width is a bigger concern. I have to special order half of my (US Men's 13 EEE/WW) men's shoes, so I know I'm going to have a real fun time shopping for women's shoes :rolleyes:

kerrianna
02-09-2008, 02:22 AM
Tall girls do attract attention no doubt about it. Which is not exactly what you want when you're out.

I kind of liked being tall when I was younger, but it's gotten old. People look to me to reach for things. I have to bend down so far to hug my lovely short friends. My back constantly hurts from bending down to the world. I had to build a riser for my new bathroom vanity because the sink was too low to comfortably use. Good luck finding clothes that fit, esp in women's fashions. It seems like things are being tailored for shorter women so even Large or XL sizes are short. I have real trouble finding shoes.

And I'm only 6'1".

But that's too tall for me.

I'd like to chop off a couple of inches, blend in better. Someone else can reach for the top cupboard.

Fortunately we do shrink as we get older so I think I'm getting down around 6' now. By the time I'm 90 I should look stunning in some of those cute tops I have to give up on now. :D

Suzy Harrison
02-09-2008, 02:36 AM
I'm just a little under 5ft 8in..... I wish I was about 5' 3" though..

However did you know that Kirstie Alley is just over 5' 7" and at one time was 220 lbs ? - and she still looks good.

Christina Louise
02-09-2008, 02:38 AM
It's not all fun for us shorties. I'm 5'6" and to talk to you girls of 6' or more (plus heels), I could do with a stepladder instead of getting a crick in the neck!

leggy_tiana
02-09-2008, 08:43 AM
I stand 6'2" in stocking feet and consider myself to be height/weight proportional. There are times I sometimes wish I was shorter since it is important for me to pass as best I can when I go out in public.

I have learned to hide my other flaws well, but height is one of those characteristics that can't be hidden. I tend to become very self-conscious in public, especially when I am several inches taller than most guys. Let’s face it, there are not many girls over six feet tall who dress in 2, 3 or 4 inch heels.

The good thing is that I find most guys don't mind me being so tall. I always receive many nice compliments on my long legs from both men and ladies. Overall, I feel I pass very well when I am seated or in my car, but I think I will always feel too tall as a girl.

Nicki B
02-09-2008, 11:15 AM
someone said that to me at a tg meeting i went to the other nite "pita height" excuse my ignorance but what does that mean (bordeline too tall ?)

PITA? I'm presuming people mean 'pain in the ass'..

mollytyler
02-09-2008, 11:31 AM
5'9" 132lbs(need to get rid of some of that holiday excess) so usually 3" heels the most I will go, But as other say, men love tall women. Usually only go maybe to a 4" heel when dressed to the nines for a fancy soiree in a nice elegant outfit.....but day to day i find at 5'9" that there are plenty of girls out there at or near that height.....back to the workouts!!!!!

Alana65
02-09-2008, 01:32 PM
I stand 6'2" in stocking feet and consider myself to be height/weight proportional. There are times I sometimes wish I was shorter since it is important for me to pass as best I can when I go out in public.

I have learned to hide my other flaws well, but height is one of those characteristics that can't be hidden. I tend to become very self-conscious in public, especially when I am several inches taller than most guys. Let’s face it, there are not many girls over six feet tall who dress in 2, 3 or 4 inch heels.

The good thing is that I find most guys don't mind me being so tall. I always receive many nice compliments on my long legs from both men and ladies. Overall, I feel I pass very well when I am seated or in my car, but I think I will always feel too tall as a girl.

Tiana,

I feel your pain......I'm 6'5" in bare feet.......but even so, I still gotta wear my heels (usually 4-inchers)......I need them to complete my transformation into my "inner & outer woman" (wouldn't be the same without 'em). :hugs:

Alana

BobbieGene
02-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Afternoon Shela's & Mates, I'm 6'3&1/2" 198lbs. I only dress Femme from waist dn./Up to neck xxx colored or camo Tee Shts their so BiG its like a dress 95% of time <>24/7 P Hose & Panties all the time even out on errands W/Mens pants/sweats/genes..... 1 exception DOC'S office & I then feel naked! No Toe Paint,Hose,or Panties awful,empty feeling......Can,t wait to get home & get right...As 4 Heels I LOVE Sky HIGH Heels My 1st pair 4"open toe Spk Ellie's Blk/Red/Trim>I destroyed the shipping Bx to get @ THEM with such excitement to put them on my eager sweating Hosed feet.... I know you LADIES know the exact feelings!! The fit was perfect sz-13 mens....But I knew RT away they were to short...Within the hour I called SNAZ75.COM>Good Source LADIES....& Ordered 5prs=2Pleaser 5"PLTF Spikes/1RED/1bbyPNK>1prELLIE'S 6"BLK/ Chunky Heel PLTFM>1PR 5"Red/Pumps-sz 14>1pr **** 8" SPIKES/Blk/PLTFMS( I LIKE MY WOMEN a LITTLE on the TRASHY side&ME TOO! )LOL & some assorted lingiere sets garters,hose....I though I had lost what few Marbles that I had left>Impulse&Binge buying...that was 4yrs&389.00 AGO.LOL...I bet you LADIES can relate...I only wear the 8"SPKS to Dust Ceiling Fans> very carefully as they are Dangerous fell 3 tms almost broke ankle.TIP>Those LADIES who also Crave Big Heels>DON'T consume Alcohal if you know they will be your Foot ware 4 the Day<....As far as passing that's not ME,I'm a MAN mind,body,&Soul.I don,t due Make Up,Wigs Ect.I have never had Dreams or Fantasies4 Full & complete Dressing or Going out Dressed as a LADY.It would take a GOOD Surgeon&$100,K to make me PASS...LOL...PEOPLE would be RUNNIN&SREAMING 4 Help in stores,malls,resterantie,ECT.When they see MEEEE.....Do you LADIES remember GRIZZILY ADAMS thats ME,Adams was short&fat...I'M Tall&Lean/Full BEARD.The Main thing I think we all Crave is a HAPPY HEART&HEALTHY MIND...MY CD/IN gives me that...I don't care what anybody thinks&ALL you LADIES need to think the same...Be all that you can be 4 Your selves.If its even Possible I'm even more so since I found this site&all you SISTERS.....Sorry 4 goin on a rant.....You LADIES have a GREAT/DAY......:2c:........B/G>OUT>LATERRrrrr

kathy001
02-09-2008, 10:14 PM
FWIW and not to belabor the issue,
had to go to the local WallyMart today and pickup some stuff. Before i entered the store i was gonna sort of take an unscientific survey of tall girls. The store was packed as usual and i was in there about a half hour. I counted a total of 8 females which were as or taller than my 5'10" self. Thats not to say there were'nt more as these were the only ones that i spotted. Out of those 8, 2 were easily taller than 6ft. And none of those 8 were wearing heels of any kind...in every case either sneakers or some type of women's walking flats.

As a side note, i was surprised at the overwhelming number of short women, around 5'2" and under albeit some number of those appeared to be of Latino or Indian heritage. I also noticed a substantial number of the short and average height females wearing some type of those ugly chunky heels, typically around 2 to 3 inches although i did see a few 4 inchers. I didn't start taking heels into account with the shorter ones until later so some of those average females could of turned out to be in the short category. And some of those short females could of really belonged in the 'shorter yet' category if they were wearing heels.

Female Average height in the U.S. is around 5'4" more or less depending on age and ethnicity.
The tallest women (caucasian) appear to be in Croatia with an avg. height of 5'7.2" with males averaging around 6'1". Now 5'7" avg. for the purposes of discussion can be can also be estimated as the median height which means roughly half of Croation females are taller than 5'7"

I've known Croatian women and yes they're tall!
Now all us tall gals who want to blend just have to relocate to an area of the country which was predominantly settled by Croatian immigrants! :rolleyes:

shirley1
02-09-2008, 10:50 PM
i'm still of the opinion that height although might make you stand out a bit isnt as much of a problem as your overall build - surely people are more likely to look at cder with big hands or too muscular a body a adams apple sticking out a mile ! - regarless of height - maybe if you are 6ft 5 and are slim and look feminine they just look at you and think god thats a tall gg ! but then again you wouldnt know that would you ! youd just think they have read you !

Jenni
02-11-2008, 01:52 PM
At just over 5' 9" and 130 lbs, I would be considered to be short with a small body size.

It was a real disadvantage in school, as I often got targeted by the "bullies".

Now, I'm very happy with my body, as I can fit into a girls size skirt or dress. I generally like girls clothes better than womens, because I love the pinks and flowery designs.

jen