PDA

View Full Version : make over fun

Wendy me
04-19-2005, 06:20 PM
try this ,,,http://aolsvc.red.dolls.kiddonet.aol.com/makeOver/

this is going to be fun.... :p

Aloha_Dana
04-19-2005, 08:32 PM
iVillage.com has a virtual makeover app as well. It didn't work that well (not very stable, slow, didn't work at times), but I persisted and finally got in and a few images made. Look for the "Makeover-0-Matic". You'll need a special photo of you, so be prepared. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have high speed Internet, or a lot of time.

At this site you can select various wigs and colors, and play w/lipstick, eye shadow, mascara, glasses and maybe hats (not too sure on that one).

For me it was a nice tool as I was looking for my first wig and hadn't started playing w/makeup yet.

Dana

Wendy me
04-19-2005, 08:57 PM
this was on aol home page i ran it with no troubles .... i got that high speed dsl thingy
the java thingy runs the thing ... as far as getting it faster maybe someone can answer that as i don't know that mutch abought theise coumpter thingys,.........
you can use the pitcher thaats is there to "play" with the program as well as up loading your own photo....

Brandy_Marie
04-19-2005, 10:28 PM
There was a spiral thing...with lights that when round and round... and then I found out that I didn't have java. Is having coffee a prerequisite to visiting this site? I only drink tea.

Now the computer is asking me if I want to download some java. I didn't know my computer was also a coffee maker! I clicked "yes". Going to take 8 minutes.......now it's asking me if I want to install J2SE. I clicked "yes" again...now it says it is downloading again? I hope I don't have to RESTART my system.

I cancelled the download. Taking to long. I there any other way to get this JAVA thing? And why do I need it?
Morph,

Okay, now I have to revert into my work persona for a moment. This isn't going to be 100% accurate for the more technically minded out there, but they can just deal. The program that you are trying to run is written in a computer language called Java. It used to come with most computers until Microsoft and Sun Microsystems(the company behind Java) crossed pissing streams. So now, Microsoft doesn't include it with Windows. Yet it is still a very popular tool for creating applications that run on web pages. That is the reason that you have to install it in this case.

The reason why you are seeing 2 installs is because you are using Java's online installation utility. It downloads a small installer first, which then connects back to their site and installs the application over the internet. You can avoid this by going to the following site and downloading the Windows Offline Installation: https://sdlcweb2b.sun.com/ECom/EComActionServlet/LegalPage:~:com.sun.sunit.sdlc.content.LegalWebPag eInfo;jsessionid=B250078C0122EA9467573BECAE6188E3; jsessionid=B250078C0122EA9467573BECAE6188E3 It's a bigger file than the initial part of the online install, but once you have downloaded it, you can run the install anytime you want (even without being on the internet) and because it is not installing across the net, it will run faster. I don't remember for sure, but I do believe you have to restart after installing it. In general, it's always a good idea to restart your computer after installing programs anyway.

I hope this helps you out. The good news is, once you install it, you'll be able to run any Java-based application you come across on the internet without having to do it over and over.

Okay, putting 'him' away now. I feel dirty. I need a nice, long bubble bath. :D

Hugs,

Brandy Marie Devereaux

PS If the site above doesn't work, go to this site: http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp and click on the Download JRE 5.0 Update 2 link.

Marianne
04-19-2005, 10:46 PM
What Brandy_Marie said.

For what it's worth, her links are the same ones I use at work. I'm not a java programmer tho, Ijust happen to work with a slew of folks ( in a fortune 50 company_) who are.

Those links appear 'kosher' pointing to sun.com.

Marianne
04-19-2005, 10:47 PM
p.s.

Brandy_marie <--- geek! :p

Wendy me
04-20-2005, 05:56 AM
yes what brandy said ... all i know is it works and is safe to run thank you so mutch brandy wendy hugs to you.......

ok what i liked abought this is you can do a before and after picture of your make over as well as showing how to's for applying make up........

Teddie
04-20-2005, 06:58 AM
Stupid site doesn't work with Firefox :mad:

But, playing on IE, it looks interesting. Time to get the digital camera out :D