PDA

View Full Version : Opinion/Advice

Stephanie-L
01-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Hello all. This week I have a chance to go to my therapy appt as Stephanie. I would like some input on a few things. Most important, should I tell/warn my therapist in advance? I notice some here didn't and had mostly positive response. Since the major reason I am going to therapy is to deal with my CDing in my marriage, it won't come at her out of the blue.
The second thing is, what do you all think of the outfit I am planning to wear (pics below)? I like how I look in it, and I think it is more than conservative enough to not offend anyone.
Third, In the pic I am wearing boots(I know, you can't see them well). The are black, glossy, 3.5 in heels, with a heavy silver chain across the top of the foot. Do they seem a bit too much for an almost 50 yo gal? My other options are black patent kitten heel pumps, or dark red patent kitten heel pumps(the red goes well with the top).
Anyway, those are the things I need a bit of advice on, hope to hear from all of you soon......Stephanie

SandyR
01-29-2008, 09:47 PM
Steph, the outfit is cute, I like. Can't be much help with the therapy thingy.....I like who I am, my comfort zone.....

Good luck hun with the wife.

SandyR

MJ
01-29-2008, 10:47 PM
good question,
if your therapist did not ask you to go dressed then IMHO don't show up en femme . but i would say it's up to you

Rachel Morley
01-29-2008, 10:54 PM
Hi Stephanie,

Your outfit looks perfect girl! ... including the boots. I say relax and concentrate on the therapy part of the appointment. :happy:

Pamela Julie
01-29-2008, 11:41 PM
If the counseling is mainly about crossdressing and you dress in public on a regular basis, then go enfemme, maybe with shorter heals. If it is a marriage counseling session, then go in drab until after you discuss this with your therapist.

VtVicky
01-29-2008, 11:43 PM
I would suggest that you discuss it with your therapist first. I'm not sure how your therapist coordinates her patient flow, but you might not want to be seen in her waiting room by either her previous patient or the one after you. In my practice it was possible to schedule appointments such as these at the end of the day when the likelyhood of bumping into other patients was less.

teresa jeen
01-30-2008, 12:00 AM
whoa!!!! back-up the wagon here. you said she is aware of your delima? maybe she needs to see that your commitment is as strong as your desire.the scheduling thing i can go along with. it may be she sees a girl beater just before... or after... if you go out in public and are comfortable then id go for it, and wear what your feeling good in. this is all about you not her, shes a paid proffessional trust me it wont hurt her feelings one way or the other. shes there for you,to listen and understand how your feeling, not cause she aint got no shows to watch that day.:hugs:

Stephanie-L
01-30-2008, 11:09 AM
First of all, thank you all for the advice you have given, and especially for the compliments on my outfit, a girl can never get enoungh of that. Now the good news, I did contact my therapist and she said "No problem for you to come as Stephanie!" Exclamation points were hers. SO, next chance I get I will go to the session as Stephanie. But...The bad news, My mother-in-law is very ill, and may die at any time so I am off to California to be with my wife, so I had to cancel the appointment. I am a bit bummed as I do not often get the chance to dress fully and even less chance to go out as Stephanie. I also think that it would have shown my therapist how committed I am to Cding (Or is that should be committed). Anyway, thankyou all for your support, Hope to hear from more of you soon.......Stephanie

Merry
01-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Stephanie, wear what do you like, just enjoy yourself~:love:

SANDRA MICHELLE
01-30-2008, 12:31 PM
Your outfit looks just fine and hope you get the chance to strut your stuff real soon. Very sorry to hear about your mother-in-law, hope your wife can deal with it, I will say a prayer for you all.