PDA

View Full Version : How to look good Naked

Veronica 1
01-30-2008, 02:38 AM
I am sitting here and watching a show called "How to look good naked" and it is about taking a less than perfect GG and turning her into a runway model, of sorts. The aspect of the show is to convince the girls that they are not as bad looking as they think that they are and they use current fashion trends with shaping garments to present a totally different image of the girls to themselves. They work on the girls confidence and self image constantly throughout the show. They start out as a shy, inverted person and in the end they are walking the runway in front of 2500 people, in their underwear. The joy and confidence in their faces is the whole benefit of the show.
It made me think about the simularities with CD'ing. We start out shy and hiding, but after getting caught we start to realize that it is not the end of the world, although in many cases it might be close. We go through times of shame and disgust, we throw away hundreds of dollars of clothes and shoes. Yet, we come back. With exposure, we gain confidence by realizing that someone knows and the Tranny Squad has not showed up yet to trap us in a dark, dank, dungeon.
While I have yet to venture into the world as fem, other than a couple of late night walks in the neighborhood, I experience the thrill of growing confidence with every step forward i make.
Sometimes you have to step outside of the comfort zone to be able to grow and mature. It will be scary but exhilarating.

KateW
01-30-2008, 03:05 AM
Couldn't agree more. I thought it'd be the end of the world if I were ever caught. I visualised something akin to the pitchfork carrying mob of villagers in Frankenstein. Fortunately this wasn't the case, and as I become increasingly careless in my dressing, have yet to find anyone who has (openly at least) reacted in any way negatively.

Kate Simmons
01-30-2008, 04:35 AM
I know the feeling. Reminds me of the time I did the song:"Walkin' Round in Women's Underwear" at the Christmas show at the club. I came out with my robe on then whipped it off at the right moment and finished it in my panties, bra, nylons and heels. They loved it (and so did I). That just proved I could do anything if I put my mind to it, not to mention being a lot of fun.;):happy:

docrobbysherry
01-30-2008, 10:53 AM
U r braver than the Marines in Iraq!

Ronni,
I don't understand. Your thread said plain, (or worse), looking women get confidence wearing " shaping wear". But end up parading in just underware. So, if they need the shapewear, how is it they look good naked? I was hoping to learn something?
RS

Bobby Anne
01-30-2008, 10:59 AM
I know the feeling. Reminds me of the time I did the song:"Walkin' Round in Women's Underwear" at the Christmas show at the club. I came out with my robe on then whipped it off at the right moment and finished it in my panties, bra, nylons and heels. They loved it (and so did I). That just proved I could do anything if I put my mind to it, not to mention being a lot of fun.;):happy:

Yes, She did. I was there! We were both in the same show. She stole the show. I could never have done that. The year before in the Christmas show I did a Crossdressers strip. I made sure I had plenty of clothes on . When ithe music ended I down to my camy and panties, then I ran off stage like a frightened deer. When the MC came out she said, "Oh my God the girls clothes are all over the stage". I quickly ran out in my robe and gathered it all up.

Ahh for the good old days.

Kate Simmons
01-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Well, that's when I was Ericka. She's a nutty tomboy who usta do all kinds of crazy stuff. When Mary downloaded that song for me though, I just couldn't resist.:p

Mitch23
01-30-2008, 01:31 PM
I know and have enjoyed the series very much - compulsory viewing for my wife and I.

It has astonished me how many real girls have a very poor self image and are really unhappy with their bodies because they dont feel they can match up to the skinny model image that the media portrays

mitch

Fab Karen
01-30-2008, 04:40 PM
A lot of GG's have something they dislike about their looks. And more people should see the pro models before make-up & the magazine editing on their pics, some look more average.

Veronica 1
01-30-2008, 08:14 PM
Ronni,
I don't understand. Your thread said plain, (or worse), looking women get confidence wearing " shaping wear". But end up parading in just underware. So, if they need the shapewear, how is it they look good naked? I was hoping to learn something?
RS

That is really the point of the show, to give the women confidence and to change their own views of their bodies. The host uses clothing and styling to change their views and by the end they have the confidence to parade in front of the crowd with just lingere on. If they are still a little plump around the middle, they will probably choose a loose baby doll or something that makes them look good while still being a little bit concealing. Some of these women would not even let their husbands see them naked before appearing on the show. It is like some of the members here have stated, You do not need to be able to pass totally if you have the confidence and poise to portray yourself to the world as a woman, you will be received as a woman.I guess that is the point that I am trying to put forward.

docrobbysherry
01-30-2008, 09:14 PM
Thank u Ronnie. I get it now! DUH!
RS

Veronica 1
01-31-2008, 12:20 AM
No worries, Hon. Sometimes I confuse myself.

Nicki B
01-31-2008, 01:40 AM
That is really the point of the show, to give the women confidence and to change their own views of their bodies. The host uses clothing and styling to change their views and by the end they have the confidence to parade in front of the crowd with just lingere on.

You're obviously not watching the same show we see in the UK? Here, the women end up having a (tasteful) photoshoot - wearing nothing AT ALL, except maybe heels?

Veronica 1
01-31-2008, 02:24 AM
I must admit that Canadian television does have a lot of censorship. There is no total nudity and you are lucky to see the odd breast.

JoAnnDallas
01-31-2008, 09:10 AM
I heard something that just about floored me on the local radio the other day. It seems there is a popular nudist resort that has a charter flight out of Dallas and other cities. What floored me is the flight is CLOTHING OPTIONAL. don't have to worry about taking off your shoes for the TSA. LOL