PDA

View Full Version : sisters of boston

Mikala0589
01-30-2008, 09:46 AM
Going out for the first time next month with the sisters of boston. In case you don't know me, im 26 y.o. and my name's mikala. Im still in the closet with my wife, ive only been crossdressing for like 2 years now. I'm not very good at applying my own makeup so if you have any suggestions id appreciate it. I'm really nervous about my first time out, has anyone been out with the sisters of boston before? I'm actually not even from boston, but ill be there for business, i just figured it was the best way to do it considering it's a city where i know NOONE. Anyways, i know this is a random thread, but im just really nervous and excited at the same time. I hope i can meet up with everyone and get changed at our meeting location, instead of being alone at my hotel trying to hail a cab. Ok, i guess that's it. Take care.

Kristen Marie
01-30-2008, 03:24 PM
Sisters is a great group of gals and probably the most welcoming group you will ever meet! Ladies show up with different levels of make-up so don't be nervous.

There are also some local places to have a makeover done if you want to try that route. You can private email me.

TxKimberly
01-30-2008, 05:14 PM
I have gone out with the Sisters Of Boston many times! They are pretty much THE reason that Boston is my favorite place to travek for work. These ladies are the most out going and friendly group I have yet met and I promise you that you will feel 100% comfortable once you are in their company. I think I've made several posts on this forum about them and know I have done the same on my 360 blog (links are in my signature).
I have had a makeover from Jamie Austin in the Boston area WAY back before she went pro and she does awesome work if you are not comfortable doing your own makeup. Last time I checked (a few years ago) she was very popular and a bit expensive compared to my income, but my makeover was 12 years ago and I still treasure the pics and memories. (in other words it's worth it)
I wouldn't sweat it too much though, as Kristen said above, there will be girls there at varying stages of makeup skill and presentation.
The only bad news is that I can't be there with y'all!

Sally24
01-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Hi Mikala!

At our present location in Woburn there is no real place to change. We use the restroom in the gym area rather than the ladies room in the common areas when "nature calls". If you have to be in the area for business, why not make a reservation at this hotel.http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/sl/1/en/hotel/bosms?&sitrackingid=14061194&sicreative=1054074557&sicontent=0&siclientid=1952&cm_mmc=Google-PS-HolidayInn-_-G+B-AmericasEast-_-MA-Woburn-_-holiday+inn+woburn%7C-%7C100000000000166373531&gclid=CLDQhMWkn5ECFQMaHgodeSTNug The Holiday Inn rooms on Friday night are frequently under $100. Then you can just get ready, come downstairs, and walk down the connecting hallway to Tony Pillas!

I'm one of the charter members of Sisters of Boston and love the group! I only get out about once a month with them but it's always a blast! I may be out either the 15th or 22nd of Feb for my next outing.

Good luck!

TxKimberly
01-30-2008, 08:38 PM
Hi Mikala!

. . . The Holiday Inn rooms on Friday night are frequently under $100. Then you can just get ready, come downstairs, and walk down the connecting hallway to Tony Pillas! . . .

. . . I'm one of the charter members of Sisters of Boston and love the group! . . .!

OK, so several points I'll make. First, Sally's my bud! :-) She is a great girl to hang out with and I've inflicted my company on her many evenings, so if you get the chance to meet her go for it.
Next point, I'm platinum with the Holiday Inn's program and have come and gone from their hotels dressed in literally dozens of cities and locations. They are WAY cool to us and will never treat you with anything less than the best of attitudes.
So go on, check out one of my best Tgirl friends, in my favorite group (Sisters of Boston), at my favorite hotel chain! ROFL
Go on! Git! Get out from behind your PC, go get dressed, and have a ball!

paulaN
01-30-2008, 08:40 PM
Mikala you are so lucky to be going out with the sister's of Boston. I have wanted to do so for some time now. I envy you. I am going to get there sometime before spring. Thanks Sally for the hotel info. I think ( I know) you will have a great time.

Angie G
01-30-2008, 08:43 PM
That's great hun have lots of fun :hugs:
Angie

SweetCaroline
01-30-2008, 11:00 PM
Mik, I just want to say, don't worry. The SISTERS is the greatest group you could ever imagine, and our leader, Ashley is dedicated to helping new girls come out and about.

You don't have to pass the first time, you just have to be yourself, tho I know it can be hard the first time or two.

What week are you planning on being there? Let me know, and I'll try to be there to welcome you.

Hearts and Hugs!

linnea
01-30-2008, 11:47 PM
What great information about the Sisters of Boston and the Holiday Inn chain. I've stayed at Holiday Inn in the Pacific Northwest, but I didn't know that they were CD-friendly--that's great news.
Coincidently, I'm going to be in the Boston area during the latter part of March. Although I will not be likely to have any opportunity to dress and go out (I'm staying with a relative who does not know about Linnea), I might get a chance to make some kind of contact. I would love to and love to know more about the group.

Mikala0589
02-01-2008, 06:17 PM
I'll be there on march 7th (friday). I'm actually staying at the hyatt regency in cambridge for my business. Is that really out of the way? I'm also thinking of going to "mychangingroom" for a makeover before i go out. Their website is mychangingroom.com in case you don't know who they are. Thanks for all the encouragement, i really do appreciate it.

SweetCaroline
02-01-2008, 06:49 PM
I might be a good idea to post this link to our Yahoo group here for those of you unfarmilliar with the SISTERS groups.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_boston/

Incidently, I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Woburn both for New Years and First Event, and I can say I more than got my money's worth.

See you soon.

TxKimberly
02-09-2008, 07:25 PM
I might be a good idea to post this link to our Yahoo group here for those of you unfarmilliar with the SISTERS groups.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_boston/

Incidently, I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Woburn both for New Years and First Event, and I can say I more than got my money's worth.

See you soon.

I've also met Caroline at Sisters of Boston and she too is a really neat person. I've liked ALL of the ladies I've met in that group. They are a really neat and friendly group to hang out with.

Sally24
02-09-2008, 09:13 PM
I'm going to be in the Boston area during the latter part of March. Although I will not be likely to have any opportunity to dress and go out I might get a chance to make some kind of contact.
You are always welcome to come in Boy mode, Girl mode, whatever works for you Hon. Many shy girls also show up their first time in boy mode and then come the next week all dolled up! You'll have a good time no matter what!