PDA

View Full Version : Coming Out

Makayla C
01-30-2008, 09:50 PM
Hi all,

Well it's been a hell of a beggining to the year for myself, after finding out that a close friend has become terminally ill and another lost her life last week I've done alot of soul searching myself and come to the conclusion that life is too short to waste any more time lying to myself and the people that are closest to me.

So after much hesitation I decided to come clean to my lil brother on the person who I really are and was very well recieved and accepted by him which couldn't have made me happier.

A week later after taking in what i'd just done after 30 years of hiding away and realising it wasn't that bad after all, I decided to have lunch with my mum yesterday and tell her also.......well what a relief it was to learn than family will always be there for me after always thinking the worst case scenario.
My mum also told my Dad last night and I got a message from him saying that he will always be there for me regardless and nothing has changed, they have always and will still love me the same as always....

I think that we all feel as though we will instantly be rejected by our families and tend to build some very strong brick walls which no-one can penetrate though, even our loved ones because I was that good at it my family had no idea whatsoever.
I think it also put a bit of light onto the relationship i've had with my family for so long now regarding the type of private person i've become due to my fears of rejection so we tend to shut loved ones out at times.

This is something I can honestly say that 2 years ago I would have never even imagined that i'd be where I am now, I thought i'd die without ever telling anyone else other than my partner.

I now feel as someone has lifted 10 tonne of my shoulders and I'm never going to let it get to that point ever again, we need to live our lives in happiness not in fear as most of us do because we are not bad people just because we wan't to change our gender and be something society in general frowns upon.

Well after all that I also got some more good news out of yesterday, I ended up landing a job i've been trying to get into for a while which will give me more opportunities for advancement in my future career which could also help other things along regarding future personal changes.

So all in all after putting it all on the line personally and career wise there has been some positives which I never thought ever possible and will hopefully help me though the negatives that are still going to be very hard to cope with.

I also need to give sooo much credit my beautiful partner of which without her love, care and support I probably wouldn't be sitting here typing this today. LOVE YOU BABE!!!!

:love:

Makayla

MaidInCan
01-30-2008, 10:29 PM
What wonderful news! I feel so very happy :happy: for you. After all that you've been through, to face your family with your alternate lifestyle must have taken a lot of courage. You make a very fine point that things are never as bad as we make them out to be. The sooner we face them as you did, then we, at least have the relief come from that even if it doesn't go entirely our way. Sometimes we out think ourselves.
What a result for you! Not only the support of each member of your family but the good news for the advancement of your career-almost as if it were a reward for your courage-a well deserved reward. :thumbsup:
I certainly wish I had your courage Good luck with your new career!!

:hugs:
Pamela

heidi99
01-30-2008, 10:47 PM
Way to go, Makayla! It is so true about the lifting of the weight once the loved ones know the truth. I'm happy for you!!!

Makayla C
01-31-2008, 12:58 AM
Thanks Pamela and Heidi for the well wishes, it means alot to me :hugs:

Makayla

CrossdressinGoth
01-31-2008, 01:05 AM
Makayla, Im so sorry to hear about your friends and how your year has started. Never good when things like that start off a year. Im happy to hear your courage and strength to be true to yourself and to others about who you really are. This is an inspiration I think we all need to really look into because it would truly bring peace within oursleves and can be a happier person, well, until you cant find the right outfit or shoes to match and makeup and ....back on topic :heehee: All I can say is.. YOU GO GIRL!:hugs:

Eileen
01-31-2008, 08:26 AM
Congratulations Makayla! Life should be enjoyed and is so much better when experienced with inner peace. Sorry to hear about the loss of your friends.

Eileen

bobbi sue
01-31-2008, 12:30 PM
makayla congrats and if we all had your courage life would be a much more fulfilling experience ,good luck with your new job hugs and kisses:love:

Eugenie
01-31-2008, 06:48 PM
That's great,

I often would like to come out to my brothers and my sister as wellas to my mom... But for some reasons, I can't go ahead with that desire to come out to them.

My mom is now 85... I don't think she would be pleased to learn about Eugenie...

My brothers have a public life and given the public reaction to x-dressing, they would not be pleased either...

So I've come out only to my wife (35 years ago), my children (recently) and several friends and coleagues that I like a lot.

It is really fantastic that you could speak to your brothers and mom...

:hugs:
Eugenie

Makayla C
01-31-2008, 08:23 PM
Thankyou everyone for the thoughts and well wishes again, I'm really starting to enjoy being a part of this wonderful family as well as finding my own family again.

Makayla

Angie G
01-31-2008, 08:51 PM
Makayla sorry to hear about your friend And I glad other things about dressing are working out so good for you with your family. :hugs:
Angie