PDA

View Full Version : If a guy approached...

Christina Louise
01-31-2008, 05:12 AM
This might be a nobrainer but here goes -

If you were out and about en femme (not in a social setting such as a CD friendly club but just shopping, walking down the street, everyday situations) would you ever want a guy, a stranger on his own, to approach you even if it turned out that he only wanted to say how great you look? Or are there just too many idiots around?

If the roles were reversed and you were in drab and saw someone that you were quite certain was a CD, would you consider going up to them just to say hi?

For me, the 1st scenario is hypothetical since I've never been out and in the 2nd situation I've always assumed that they would rather be left alone.

Angela Burke
01-31-2008, 05:16 AM
1. Yes there are too many idiots about
2. I would never just walk up to someone I don't know and start making personal queries about them.

Alayna
01-31-2008, 05:18 AM
living in the "hate state", I'm guarded every time I'm approached by strangers.

Angie G
01-31-2008, 05:37 AM
If it was a true complement why hot.
And I'm not much for starting conversations with people I don't know :hugs:
Angie

Amy Hepker
01-31-2008, 05:39 AM
I would accept good compliments from all who thought I looked good.

Shelly Preston
01-31-2008, 06:30 AM
I guess it would depend on how I was approached but I would be very nervous and careful

Christine Kelly
01-31-2008, 06:36 AM
I think that often, when we are out dressed, we just assume that anyone who approaches us is going to give us a hard time. This, however, is not always the case. More than likely, they (women and men) just want to compliment you.

Too often, I think that we forgot that there are a lot more of us out there then we think. And when one of us sees another like us, out and about, we want to show some support for that person because they are helping to advance our own desire to dress and go out and have fun.

I also think that they are quite a lot of women who enjoy seeing men dressed. So, it is natural for them to want to show support too. Its interesting for them. Especially the ones who are into fashion. :happy:

Lilith Moon
01-31-2008, 07:24 AM
It happened to me twice in one weekend in mid 2007.

First time was traumatic...I was taking some pics and a car stopped alongside. I panicked, got to my car and drove off. He gave chase ! Eventually, I got trapped in a narrow lane and had to face my adversory. He quickly told me no harm intended and he just wanted to say hi because he was a crossdresser as well.

Here's the full story:

http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57931

The very same weekend I was walking from my car to a TG venue when a guy gave me a wolf whistle. I ignored (but enjoyed) this and continued on my way.

It turned out that I had the wrong date for the TG meeting and as I was returning to my car the guy approached me and told me I looked great. Well, actually he said I looked like a "gorgeous tranny" which I suppose is the best I can expect since I don't fool anyone. We chatted for a short while (fairly busy town location so I felt safe) but then he started hitting on me. When I told him nothing doing he became quite persistant but I managed to dismiss him with no major problems. I did look over my shoulder a few times while getting back to my car. Oddly, I'm getting on in years but this guy looked less than half my age.

What to do when approached ? It depends on location, the other persons body language, your own confidence (I'm tall and fit, could handle myself if I had to). You have to react to each event as it happens. On the first occasion I felt threatened at first, then OK as we chatted. On the second occasion it started out OK but rapidly went creepy. On both occasions I was so nervous I thought I was going to pee myself but stayed apparently calm and collected but alert.

Kate Simmons
01-31-2008, 07:53 AM
I agree with Shelly. It depends on the situation really. A lot of wackos out there for sure.:happy:

Vicky_Scot
01-31-2008, 08:06 AM
If you were out and about en femme (not in a social setting such as a CD friendly club but just shopping, walking down the street, everyday situations) would you ever want a guy, a stranger on his own, to approach you even if it turned out that he only wanted to say how great you look? - No Thanks.

Or are there just too many idiots around? - Yes but that goes for when I am out not dressed also.

If the roles were reversed and you were in drab and saw someone that you were quite certain was a CD, would you consider going up to them just to say hi? - Never

For me, the 1st scenario is hypothetical since I've never been out and in the 2nd situation - You need to get out girl :sad:

I've always assumed that they would rather be left alone. - You are correct.

Xx Vicky xX

Nicki B
01-31-2008, 09:02 AM
IME, people don't stop you in the street (male or female) to tell you how good you look - you're more likely to get a warm smile, but most people are more wrapped up in their own lives?

They do stop you if they're honestly lost - or sometimes (particularly the youngsters) if they're not sure what you are and what to ask a dumb question, just to hear your voice..

Try to be pleasant, unless someone is hitting on you - remember, how you come over directly affects the next girl who comes along, too? So try to appear confident - even if you don't feel it? :)

Kathy Renee
01-31-2008, 09:22 AM
1. My first instinct would be self preservation and would consider him to be an idiot or a crazy. Of course circumstances would dictate my reaction; however, I would probably smile and leave.

2. It has been years since I attended any meetings from a local gender support group. At the time they had a rule or strong recommendation that if you met a CD in public from the support group, they/you should not be approached. Again depending on the circumstances, I would not want to be approached and would not approach another CD.

Perhaps CDs need a secret handshake like the fraternal organizations to identify ourselves to each other.

Littlej10
01-31-2008, 10:46 AM
I think I would be scared witless if anyone approached me, male or female. A smile and a nod would be the furthest I would go to acknowledge another CD.

suzy
01-31-2008, 10:51 AM
I would be uncomfortable in both scenerios. In a word Guarded....very guarded and ready to make a fast exit as quickly as possible.:hugs:

docrobbysherry
01-31-2008, 11:16 AM
I remember back in the old days. I owned a Porsche. There were very few on the road. Whenever another approached, we always flashed our headlites at each other.
Maybe CD's should develope a signal. Like a secret hand/finger signal, to wave at other approaching possible CD's? No NOT the middle finger! Too many others use that signal. Lol
RS

MonicaDD
01-31-2008, 12:21 PM
Most men I know and have met, are to scared to just walk up to a girl and say how nice she looks, but it does happen, it has happened to me many times, on the other hand most men that DO stop me and say how nice I look are looking to meet someone, possible date. For the best of them after I tell them Im a guy(truth up front no suprizes latter) they just say excuse me or something polite like that and go about their way, but some get very excited about meeting a CD and after a little chit chat a phone number is asked for, and I give it to them of course, and dates are set up. I have met, a few men, that have gotten abusive after knowing I was a guy and verbily attacked me but I just make a quick exit and no one really knows the better, after all Im not the one drawing attention. So to the first part YES I adore attention from men and the more so if they have no idea Im a guy, and I Love being told how nice I look and meeting new guys and quite a few women too, its funny though that women are usually the ones to see the male in us and are usually the ones to drop a quick compliment.
For the second part, when dressed as a guy, yuk, I have seen a few CD's and TG's out and if I am about to run into them I do tell them how nice they look(if they look nice) and then just depart with no conversation.
I guess its the "GIRL" in me and I love attention and love giving out compliments when deserved. :love: Monica

Mitzi
01-31-2008, 12:46 PM
The few times someone complimented me while I was out en femme, I just smiled and mouthed a thank you and moved on. The problem...if the person doesn't realize you're tg, and hears your voice, could be awkward. If the person recognizes I'm tg, I'd have no problem speaking to him/her, unless it's obviously a come on. Hasn't happened in a long awhile though...sigh.

If I'm in guy mode, and see a tg and it's in a locale where no one is likely to know me, I'm strongly tempted to approach her. But the same problem here too...she doesn't know whether I realize she is tg, and doesn't want to give herself away.

Mitzi

SANDRA MICHELLE
01-31-2008, 01:03 PM
I think that most men will not approach a perfect stranger to "hit" on them or anything else. I know that there are some out there that will but they are very rare animals and you are more likely going to have to deal with a wacko than a real admirer so I would play the odds and avoid the contact. As for talking to another crossdresser while you are in "drab" I say that's probably OK as long as you are doing it in a supportive fashion and you can give away your secret as well, this would be re-assuring to them to know they have a sister out there. At least it would be OK for me. Also if a man came up to me I would never want the advance as a sexual situation since I am happily married and in no way Bi- curious, if I found out he was a sister though that would be great.

Deborah Jane
01-31-2008, 01:18 PM
1..IF, i was out and about and a guy walked up to me i expect i would be vary weary of his intentions, possibly just turn and walk into a shop or something...Like you say "too many idiots around".
2..I would never go up to someone i was quite certain was a c/d because, A they may not be and B i think it could be quite embarresing for both of us.

shenangovalleygal
01-31-2008, 01:37 PM
i wouldnt mind a guy coming up and say 'im hot, lets go out to eat somewhere my treat' wouldnt mind a who did so either.

lawnmanmo
01-31-2008, 09:49 PM
Hello girls
I have been a member of the forum for many years now and I am an admirer. I really hate that word. It's as if I have nothing else better to do but hang out on a corner or in a mall just to pounce on or annoy CDs.
I guess that I must be one of those so called nuts or screwballs that you are all taking about. BUT I beg to differ on most of your opinions. I have been an admirer for as long as I can remember. I have no idea why I have this "quirk" in my genes but nevertheless, its there. I have also this ability to pick out a CD even the ones that pass very very well with great accuracy and I have no problem with approaching them, like a gentleman, and striking up a conversation. I do agree that you girls have to be careful because not all admirers (for the lack of a better word) are "gentleman". I have often said on this forum that if you girls like to dress and enjoy your "public" time as women, then you WILL attract those men such as I who ARE aroused by you. The thought that you ARE men and out there as women does without doubt excite men like myself. I am not speaking here that after a guy (or I) approach a CD that I have seen in a mall, that its an automatic sexual encounter leading to rape or something worse. You have every reason to be on guard. But remember, if you should have a situation like this, examine the situation at hand, talk to the guy and get to know his motivation and ideas. You usually can tell within a few minutes what your dealing with. As I said, I have ALWAYS been a gentleman and it has never failed me. You can take it from there as to YOUR next action.....leave, stay, talk, or get more involved.
Not all admirers are madmen....Some are great guys looking for great girls.
Jerry

Jilmac
01-31-2008, 10:14 PM
Christina, I don't think it's a no brainer at all, In fact it seems to me you gave it quite a bit of thought. If it was me en femme and some bloke approached me, I would probably be cautious but also gracious. I know a lot of guys can be jerks, but no the other hand, some can be downright genuine. So I think I would have to go with a gut reaction on whether to trust him or not.

As for part two of the question, If I was in drab and saw someone who appeared to be a dresser, I would probably smile and wink at her and keep on walking unless I recognized her as someone I knew. Then I would stop and greet her. Luv and :hugs: Jill

Chiana
02-01-2008, 12:20 AM
It is easier for me to answer question #2 first. I have seen some CD's out in public. And while I was tempted to say something, I never have. It felt like the body language that I have read from them is that they wouldn't want to be approached. All have seemed like they were introverted and withdrawn. No wanting to draw attention to themselves.

I have a lot of conflicting notions about question #1. My first thought was RUN. I have never be able to talk like a girl so I would be afraid to respond to him. I would also be concerned about my safety. I would have to question his visual capabilities. Basically, I am pretty shy anyway and don't consider myself as much of a talker. I would be both intrigued and scared of anythng going past a very casual single encounter. I really don't know what I would do.

shenangovalleygal
02-01-2008, 12:21 AM
lawn,

you bring up some good points about being on our guard 24/7 when out in public. i dont know about yinz but even when im not enfemme i always carry some sort of protection. it may not be a bottle of mace but it works when i need it. i lived in a very bad dormitory filled the most wretched vile of scum and stupidity for three years. staying at a job corps center changes a person. just my :02 cent:

Kate Simmons
02-01-2008, 03:57 AM
As I said previously, it depends on the situation but it also depends on the person. I will vouch for Jerry. He is a great guy and a real gentleman. One charming man I would never have a problem with and who makes a girl feel appreciated.:happy:

Christine Kelly
02-01-2008, 09:25 AM
Hello girls
I have been a member of the forum for many years now and I am an admirer. I really hate that word. It's as if I have nothing else better to do but hang out on a corner or in a mall just to pounce on or annoy CDs.
I guess that I must be one of those so called nuts or screwballs that you are all taking about. BUT I beg to differ on most of your opinions. I have been an admirer for as long as I can remember. I have no idea why I have this "quirk" in my genes but nevertheless, its there. I have also this ability to pick out a CD even the ones that pass very very well with great accuracy and I have no problem with approaching them, like a gentleman, and striking up a conversation. I do agree that you girls have to be careful because not all admirers (for the lack of a better word) are "gentleman". I have often said on this forum that if you girls like to dress and enjoy your "public" time as women, then you WILL attract those men such as I who ARE aroused by you. The thought that you ARE men and out there as women does without doubt excite men like myself. I am not speaking here that after a guy (or I) approach a CD that I have seen in a mall, that its an automatic sexual encounter leading to rape or something worse. You have every reason to be on guard. But remember, if you should have a situation like this, examine the situation at hand, talk to the guy and get to know his motivation and ideas. You usually can tell within a few minutes what your dealing with. As I said, I have ALWAYS been a gentleman and it has never failed me. You can take it from there as to YOUR next action.....leave, stay, talk, or get more involved.
Not all admirers are madmen....Some are great guys looking for great girls.
Jerry

THIS is what I am talking about! I think that if we are going to go out in public, dressed as girls, we should learn what it means to be a girl in our society. And part of that experience is being approached by men. :happy:

Lisa Golightly
02-01-2008, 09:40 AM
"I have always depended on the kindness of strangers".

lawnmanmo
02-01-2008, 05:19 PM
First of all, I want to thank Christine Kelly for her input on this subject. I also would like to thank Salandra for her kind comments concerning me and my dealings with the girls here on the forum. As I said yesterday, I have been a "quiet" member of this forum for a long time. Most of the time just enjoying the threads, the questions and answers and the stories of your CDing adventures. I sometimes put my two cents in and comment. I have found you ALL to be wonderful and gracious people. And again, if I had the chance to meet you in a mall or even in a park, YES, I would approach and I would strike up a conversation. It can only go one of two ways.....say good by or stay for a cup of coffee. Were all human and we all have to believe in one another. Just be careful but also be OPEN.
Hugs Jerry

Eugenie
02-01-2008, 05:47 PM
If you were out and about en femme (not in a social setting such as a CD friendly club but just shopping, walking down the street, everyday situations) would you ever want a guy, a stranger on his own, to approach you even if it turned out that he only wanted to say how great you look? Or are there just too many idiots around?

I wouldn't call them "idiots". Most men tend to become jirks when they talk to women trying to seduce them in the street... Most of the times they try to attract attention in a way that is so naive...

Actually, even taking this into consideration, if a men would approach me with a compliment, I would still feel very happy, providing ot course he would be sincere...

If the roles were reversed and you were in drab and saw someone that you were quite certain was a CD, would you consider going up to them just to say hi?

For me, the 1st scenario is hypothetical since I've never been out and in the 2nd situation I've always assumed that they would rather be left alone.
I think that your attitude is the most appropriate one, unless you are really seduced by the person as a woman and would like to meet her. But that would require as much style as you would with a female at birth...

Approaching a CD sister just because you read her is just rude otherwise...

:hugs:
Eugenie

Nicki B
02-01-2008, 06:05 PM
But remember, if you should have a situation like this, examine the situation at hand, talk to the guy and get to know his motivation and ideas. You usually can tell within a few minutes what your dealing with. As I said, I have ALWAYS been a gentleman and it has never failed me. You can take it from there as to YOUR next action.....leave, stay, talk, or get more involved.

I've always thought that when someone behaves like a gentleman, they deserve at least a ladylike response? :)

But as I'm sure you know, Jerry, some girls act like rabbits in the headlight, because it's never crossed their mind a man would approach them?

Don't get wound up about 'admirer', as term - IME, it's often used in non-derogatory way (at least in the UK)? The one to avoid is tranny-fancier, or similar? :hmmm:

Glad to see you here, anyway.

MJ
02-01-2008, 06:15 PM
how would a gg feel if a guy did that !!! so no and no . i get to live another day ..

RobertaFermina
02-01-2008, 06:53 PM
I love to give compliments, when the girl seems open to receiving one.

I love compliments, and always respond with gratitude, and a little charm.

If, by doing so, I risk the lovestruck fella venturing a step further, I know how to curb his ambitions without dashing his ego. As for those who can't take the hint.....there is no "safe word" when Roberta commences to give you what you are asking for.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

HalloweenDragon
02-01-2008, 07:22 PM
I can generally talk to anyone about anything any time.

I have reservations about being dressed and not having "normal clothes" over my CD ones, but I have had guys come over and tell me I'm attractive even RIGHT IN FRONT of my love. I guess my make-up and long hair help out! Some have been straight, but most were gay. I have no problem with it, if I wasn't taken I would do whatever.

I have seen other crossdressers out and about, but if I'm not dressed I usually leave them be. If they came up to me while I'm not dressed under my clothes, then I still flirt but it's not quite as natural.

There was a time I was the one who approached and after a while we were kissing and carrying on, but I thought I was kissing a girl. I couldn't quite understand why she wouldn't let me touch anything else besides her breasts. Well, to my wonderful suprise she was a transexual. She was so shy, it was such a turn on. LUCKILY I had on a g-string, so I felt dressed-up. I'll spare the details from there, but once she saw I was REALLY cool with the situation she relaxed and had fun!

Now I often wish for the same thing to happen to me when I'm out, but at the same time I avoid it because I want to stay faithful. I tell ya, if it's not one thing, it's another! :D

bobbi
02-05-2008, 04:36 PM
I would be nervous as can be, but I think it would be exciting.

lizzie
02-05-2008, 04:52 PM
In the city I currently live in I'd be scared if someone approached me in broad daylight while I was dressed in male clothes. In the event I ever went out dressed, I'd probably expect to get shot or beat up...on second thought, I guess it doesn't look too good for me in either scenario :heehee:

I wouldn't approach someone else to compliment them, 1 because I've noticed most people on the street carry my opinion about people approaching them, and 2 because I'm a pretty shy person, you'd have to pay me alot of money for me to just approach somebody outta the blue :p

Nicole Erin
02-05-2008, 04:55 PM
If you were out and about en femme (not in a social setting such as a CD friendly club but just shopping, walking down the street, everyday situations) would you ever want a guy, a stranger on his own, to approach you even if it turned out that he only wanted to say how great you look? Or are there just too many idiots around? Depends on the guy but Oh gyod I love compliments. Unless he was really creepy I would smile ear to ear.

If the roles were reversed and you were in drab and saw someone that you were quite certain was a CD, would you consider going up to them just to say hi? Yes I would, I would talk to her as if she were a lady. [cause honestly, even with my fellow sisters, I see them more as ladies] I would not bring up about her being CD.

For me, the 1st scenario is hypothetical since I've never been out and in the 2nd situation I've always assumed that they would rather be left alone. That is not the way to make friends. Us girls need each other. You would not have to go up and be like "I know what is really in your undies" but why not at least try to make her feel good? To feel loved? It would probably not be the first time she was read and if someone treated her like a lady it would make her happy.

Hey I don't know about all of you but I would rather someone be friendly with me than ignoring me.

They say "treat others as you want to be treated" so there is the answer to this question in short.

Ressie
02-05-2008, 06:33 PM
I'm private about crossdressing, but I do fantasize being dressed in public and being approached by men. My reaction would depend on the type of man. I would probably learn to run in heels.

Years ago I made a crossdresser in a department store (ladie's section) and looked right at her from 20-30 feet away. She looked very frightened and I felt nervous excitement. I turned my head to keep from staring and when I looked back she had vanished. Can't blame her in this town. But I've seen CDs in Vegas that walk with such confidence that I would be afraid to approach them.

Kayla_CD
02-05-2008, 06:44 PM
I never have approached someone I thought was a CD but I have wanted to. I've never been out en femme, but being "discovered" and meeting someone who is friendly and open would be kinda exciting.

kristytv
02-05-2008, 08:41 PM
we need more guys like jerry , i am ok being approached and have led to some interesting encounters as i am bi so i like men

lawnmanmo
02-05-2008, 09:27 PM
Thank you so much Kristy. Its nice to know that women like you understand the "other side" of the spectrum. As I said, I have been an "admirer" for many years and have met wonderful CDs and even a few who were a bit off the wall. I even met a CD who was very passable while I was working one summer day on someone's lawn of all places. I have had the opportunity to randomly meet by chance a couple of CDs who were shopping in the same store at the time that I was. Approaching them was not a super feat since I respect people reguardless of who they are and being a GENTLEMAN at all times and speaking as one, they released their nervousness and realized that I was NOT out to disrespect or make a fool of them. After a cordial invitation for a cup of coffee and conversation about "our mutual" love of this lifestyle, most felt comfortable and knew that I was not going to be a problem. This lead to some wonderful friendships and some exciting days out and about. So it can be done. There are many lovely women here on the forum who I would escort out in a heart beat.
Jerry

Christine Kelly
02-07-2008, 01:37 AM
Thank you so much Kristy. Its nice to know that women like you understand the "other side" of the spectrum. As I said, I have been an "admirer" for many years and have met wonderful CDs and even a few who were a bit off the wall. I even met a CD who was very passable while I was working one summer day on someone's lawn of all places. I have had the opportunity to randomly meet by chance a couple of CDs who were shopping in the same store at the time that I was. Approaching them was not a super feat since I respect people reguardless of who they are and being a GENTLEMAN at all times and speaking as one, they released their nervousness and realized that I was NOT out to disrespect or make a fool of them. After a cordial invitation for a cup of coffee and conversation about "our mutual" love of this lifestyle, most felt comfortable and knew that I was not going to be a problem. This lead to some wonderful friendships and some exciting days out and about. So it can be done. There are many lovely women here on the forum who I would escort out in a heart beat.
Jerry

I concur.

Often dressing for me can become more work than I care to bear but that does not preclude me from appreciating the fine job done by other dressers.
After all, who else is in a better position to know and admire dressers than another dresser?
If I am out and about dressed, I have to expect someone like jerry to show up.
What is the point of dressing and going out if there is no interaction with anyone? How are we ever going to be accepted if we fear interaction?
Besides, there are a number of people, men and women alike, who are fascinated by this and want to know more.
Who else better to educate them then a real live dresser?

Nicole Erin
02-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Years ago I made a crossdresser in a department store (ladie's section) and looked right at her from 20-30 feet away. She looked very frightened and I felt nervous excitement. I turned my head to keep from staring and when I looked back she had vanished. Probably her first time out. But then if you live in some small town...Can't blame her in this town. But I've seen CDs in Vegas that walk with such confidence that I would be afraid to approach them.

Well that is cause in Vegas, anything goes. A CD there is no different than anyone else in the population. And when we get to be ourselves, it does feel great. We finally get to show our beauty without ridicule or worried if anyone knows. People would sometimes know but NOT care. ;)

And when you see a confident CD, that does not mean she is not approachable. In fact, she wouldn't mind making new friends at all. We are cool people ;)

You know ladies, one thing that is funny is that some guys think we will fall for the same "pickup" tactics that work on FAB's. It is like "OK honey, I have used that approach several times myself..."

lovelingerie6
02-07-2008, 05:54 PM
i think that it a little interesting when a man comes up to me and says stuff, its only happened once and i really didn't know what to say because it caught me of gaurd