PDA

View Full Version : can't stop shaving

paulaN
04-20-2005, 09:24 PM
well It's springtime in maine and that means it will soon be nice enough to wear shorts. I have been shaving my legs and armpits sense last sept. I know that it is time to stop shaving so I can were shorts this summer, but I can't stop shaving, it feels so good. this is the longest that I have kept my legs shaved and I dont want to stop but I know that I have to. why do you have to stop you may ask. well because my daughter will probley freek when she sees me with shaved legs this summer. or I will have to were long pants all summer long. I don't realy want to do that. but every time I get in the shower I want to make my legs nice and smooth again. is anyone else having this problem? this is a definate draw back to living in a small town in maine and still having kids at home.

Sharon
04-20-2005, 09:38 PM
This is the first summer I have chosen not to let my leg hair grow back. At this point, because it grows so slowly, I couldn't have hair by shorts season anyway, so I'll find out if anyone is paying attention.
I've worn shorts the past few days and haven't attracted any notice, but I haven't ventured beyond the curbside mailbox in them yet. I have simply decided that I enjoy the smooth look too much, but will be so much happier when I get a bit of color on them.
For the past twenty some years, Paula, I went through what you're going through now and I always anticipated September when I would begin shaving again. I'm finally going to fully enjoy a summer! But then again, I don't have little kids any longer in the house.

Nyx
04-20-2005, 10:39 PM
I'm just going to wear large beige cargo pants all summer. Its no worse than shorts since they are large.

sissy maid phylis
04-20-2005, 11:31 PM
well It's springtime in maine and that means it will soon be nice enough to wear shorts. I have been shaving my legs and armpits sense last sept. I know that it is time to stop shaving so I can were shorts this summer, but I can't stop shaving, it feels so good. this is the longest that I have kept my legs shaved and I dont want to stop but I know that I have to. why do you have to stop you may ask. well because my daughter will probley freek when she sees me with shaved legs this summer. or I will have to were long pants all summer long. I don't realy want to do that. but every time I get in the shower I want to make my legs nice and smooth again. is anyone else having this problem? this is a definate draw back to living in a small town in maine and still having kids at home.
dear paula i go through the same thing with my family.but now they are used to me being shaved and like you i love having my body clean of hair.love sissy maid phylis anne :)

Paula A
04-21-2005, 10:15 AM
Paula
I feel your pain or rather your ichy stubble. I too have had to quit shaving and it is a bummer for summer. But you do not have to let it all grow back, Just let your shins grow a bit and the insides of you thighs, I keep my knees and outside of my thighs smooth, ( as well as above the hem of the shorts) where your pants would rub it off anyway. And if it gets too long use a breard trimmer to mow it. Anyway That's what I'm doing since I made a deal with my wife not to shave completely smooth in the summer, ("What would people say?!"). IT sucks letting it grow back especially for the first two weeks. Here is something else that has helped me. Athena home novelties (womens adult toys - mail order and home parties) has a body shaving lotion called Coochie Cream or lotion. Anyway not only is it great for shaving it makes your remaining hair softer, it takes the courseness out of it. It has made the growing back easier to deal with.

good luck.

BTW: end of last summer and fall I had my legs smooth and I got all kinds of strange looks and a bit of teasing by my soccer teams. Screw 'um, I thought, and kept right on shaving - till my wife put her foot down.

Priscilla1018
04-21-2005, 02:03 PM
All you girls should take up bodybuilding no one thinks it's strange to have shaved body parts.Well ,exept for the naughty bits,I don't really want to do that. :eek:

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

Melissa A.
04-21-2005, 02:26 PM
This will be my first summer shaved. I've made the decision, and am going to stick with it. I am a bit nervous, but you only live once. I haven't even figured out what to say if asked. I guess, "I like it.", or, "My girlfriend likes me this way." will have to do. (she does).

The worst things that can happen are not all that traumatic. I think I'm prepared to deal with negative responses. And I don't live in a small town in Maine or have kids! (just having fun, Paula, I understand your predicament).

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Zoey
04-21-2005, 09:01 PM
I started shaving last summer using cycling as an excuse. Its normal for even recreational cyclists to shave their legs and arms. It makes it easier to clean the wounds if you fall. I was still nervous about wearing shorts when I first started though. The only time anyone ever said anything about it was when I was on my bike and some guy walking past yelled "Nice legs!" at me. I think most people don't even notice though.

StephanieCD
04-21-2005, 09:13 PM
I started growing back in a couple of weeks ago. Sigh. It's so depressing. I did it because I know I will be taking my daughter swimming... so, yes, I understand.

I'm curious about the bike riding thing... I just got a used ten speed to ride... to get in shape and because I know cyclists can get away with it... how serious a cyclist do you have to be before its normal to shave? Seriously...

Keri_T
04-21-2005, 09:16 PM
I think I'm gonna try the 'getting in shape/tanning' excuse. Honestly, getting more serious about CDing has been beneficial...I exercised for a good hour for the first time in years (yes, years) and I'm starting to watch what I eat.

If I'm called on it, so what, I'll have a pretty solid tan soon...I may even get some fake tanner in the mean time to be convincing until I have a 'real' tan.

So...no, I doubt I'll stop shaving/nairing...

Rayna
04-21-2005, 09:41 PM
I dont see what the big deal is. I've been shaving for the last 4 years or so. I was a bit nervous for the first year or so about going out with shorts on, but frankly NOBODY notices! Besides, it's GREAT to have your legs smooth and hairless in the summer, you cool off much easier!

ronna
04-21-2005, 09:51 PM
Paula, I know exactly what you mean. Smooth is nice. But I can't wear blue jeans in the hot summer, so it will have to grow out soon! If you swim, I hear shaving can shave seconds off your time!

Billie
04-21-2005, 09:53 PM
I've been keeping my legs hair free for over a year and a half. Only one person said anything, my mom, funny thing was my brother in law jumped in and said that it was normal now a days for guys. Other then that no one, not the guys from work or friends. Well my good friends did, but it was jokingly done as we all ride bikes.

Zoey
04-21-2005, 10:33 PM
I'm curious about the bike riding thing... I just got a used ten speed to ride... to get in shape and because I know cyclists can get away with it... how serious a cyclist do you have to be before its normal to shave? Seriously...

If you enjoy cycling and do it fairly regulary, that's serious enough. You don't have to be training to win the Tour de France. You may look more serious if you wear tight lycra bike shorts though. I'm a road cyclist so I have the shorts, jersey, and racing bike. Another benefit of shaving is that it makes it much easier to put on sunblock.

Deidra Cowen
04-21-2005, 11:11 PM
Hmmmm....thinking I gotta take up this biking thing. :rolleyes: Perfect cover!

stefanie
04-21-2005, 11:29 PM
one of my best friends noticed once. He thought it was weird...Just told him I do for bicycling (i do ride and gave it a good excuse). I know my sisters have noticed my shaved legs. They haven't said anything. Another sister didn't say anything but pointed to her eyebrows teasing me. Most don't say anything and maybe only look.

paulaN
04-22-2005, 08:59 AM
thanks for all the positive input, I am still undecided what to do, the wife has not put her foot down yet, but I think that's comming. Just have to wait and see what happens who knows this might be my first shaved summer. ya hoo. oh ya the girls here are the best thanks again to all of ya.

GypsyKaren
04-22-2005, 09:10 AM
I'm going to wear shortts this summer and I am going to keep shaving. Let em look and let em wonder.
GypsyKaren

connie rotten
04-22-2005, 10:05 AM
Oh me too. I love to shave everything too. One little pubic strip and no other body hair. I just don't get as shaved as I want to be as often as I want to be . But it is alot of the thrill of being in the closet( the suspense of secrets) :p

Deelite
04-22-2005, 12:48 PM
Luckily for me, i am not that hairy, i have fineish hair on my legs but the weird thing is the outside edges of my calves are totally hair free and they've never seen a razor!

I can only assume that its where my jeans rub against my legs?

Anyone else have this before they shaved?

But i was thinking of shaving the lot off seeing as it looks weird with just the outside of the calves bare.

Dee.

Maddie Knight
04-22-2005, 02:28 PM
I shave all year and didn't normally wear shorts, but theres a guy I work with and he always wears shorts and his legs are smoother tham mine. he's not a CD'er (at least I dont think so) he just has hair free legs, so keep shaving and don't let it bother you.

stephanie1977
04-22-2005, 02:48 PM
[I][B] I used to shave all summer long up until two years ago when the hair started to come back so fine it isn't noticable anymore. I think part of it was due to medication I was taking for my disability. Now I contribute the lack of noticable hair to hormones. I don't think it would be a big deal these days except maybe with close relatives or close friends. I would use the cycling for any inquiries you might get.
Stephanie

matt24hose
04-22-2005, 02:56 PM
many men today are shaving parts of their bodies, if not all their body hair. I believe that you should do what makes you feel the best about yourself. If you are worried about the negative reaction from your daughter just simply tell her that you don't like the appearance of leg hair (then tell her to grow hers out and seee how she likes it! Kidding).

I friend of mine asked if I shaved my feet the other day, I told her no and said I shaved my whole legs. She was impressed and asked what I do when I want to wear shorts, I replied,"then I wear shorts!". She responded with, "that's awesome." So don't worry to much about the reactions of others, just be yourself.

caroline_cd_99
04-23-2005, 06:25 AM
I am in the process of letting my hair grow back in too. The wife totally disapproves of me being shaved, and I have a sister in law that would be completely ruthless if she saw me shaved. She called me a "fag" once at a party because I had a pair of men's clogs on!

I am doing a triathlon this summer, I may try the shaving thing for it to see whatthe reaction will be.

Can't wait for fall!!!

Kimberly
04-23-2005, 06:40 AM
As kids can be cruel (even the half-grown up ones!):

I'm wondering whether to stop shaving this summer. College has no policy on this (there'd be no reason,) but you girls must know the kind of peer pressure us young adults go through, and even though it may be acceptable, my friends would probably joke and jibe about it.

I'm growing my head hair out though, and it seems to be coming into fashion nowadays in the UK. Men with long hair.

What next?!?! Men with skirts?!!!? (Too late :p)

gender_blender
04-23-2005, 11:32 AM
You call this Spring?!? :-P

I've been shaving my legs alot so that I can continue wearing skirts to class and work when the weather seems nice enough. No one really minds that I do.

Charlie

Wenda
04-23-2005, 12:40 PM
I am not going to stop shaving. I wear shorts all summer long. I saw two guys jogging a couple of days ago, and they were completely shaved. Honestly, I dont think I would have noticed if I werent on this site. I doubt anyone else noticed. wenda.

CindyT
04-23-2005, 12:52 PM
I was just hashing thie decision too! I'm gonna keep shaving and start tanning, that will be my excuse for now. If I gotta wear long pants around certain crowds I will.

One bad thing is when you tan and wear those long mens shorts your lower legs get more tan than the rest of your legs, and when you wear a skirt or short shorts it's sort of a give away! :eek:

So, let the shaving continue!

Elysia
04-24-2005, 08:05 AM
Well I’m inspired. I’ve thought about shaving my legs but have never done it, even in the winter. I have kept my toe nails painted in the winter but that’s easier to do something about quickly if need be. I’ve always worried that even in the winter we might go swimming in-doors or something like that. Also, I do have kids around. The average adolescent struggles enough without any additional things to be embarrassed about. But some day I think I will try shaving through a winter. No doubt it would make my legs look more feminine and that would be very nice.

Wenda
04-24-2005, 03:16 PM
I don't think I will let the hair grow. I see other clean shaven bodies, mostly swimmers, body builders, etc, but, it's my bod. wenda.

Rachel Morley
04-24-2005, 03:31 PM
Hi Paula,

When I started shaving my legs (about 7 years ago) it was because I used to workout alot and I used to be fairly defined with muscularity (not bulk) and I told my friends that it enhanced my definition (like bodybuilders). No-one (neither women or men) ever said anything to my face except that they thought I was a bit weird, then smiled, but it didn't impact our friendships at all.

Anyway one time, when we were a having a beer or two one of the women said "why exactly DO you shave you legs?" I just said "why not? I just like how it feels. It's not like when the hair is on my legs I'm hetro, then after I put the razor down I'm gay... is it?". They didn't have an answer for me.

Anyway, what I am saying to you is just be yourself, be confident and don't worry. Just do it!

Angel