PDA

View Full Version : WARNING to Those shopping on EBAY!

danielle_bc
04-20-2005, 09:28 PM
Hi Gang. This is a caution to anyone else that shops, as I do, on Ebay to get great deals on dresses, gowns, lingerie, etc. I personally have made better than a dozen great buys on lady's wear and saved tons of money and mostly love it at Ebay. I recently bid on and won a 2pc Black Crepe Evening Gown. Those of you that shop at Ebay already know the proceedure. After receiving an invoice with S&H charges, I paid for the item, received my confirmation from ebay and life was good. Approx 2 weeks later I received an email from ebay saying that a refund from the seller had been confirmed, no other reason. Having noticed that this seller had received negative feedback in the past, I became suspicious of a possible double billing trick so I checked my PayPal records. The refund was good and no repayment noted so I emailed the seller to inquire why she had refunded my payment without an explanation. She returned my inquiry and to my amazement she claimed that due to her socalled strong religious beliefs, could not sell to me since I would be using the outfit for my own personal use. I emailed her back, telling her off and that I would also be forwarding a formal complaint to Ebay regarding her behaviour, would definitely be submitting "Negative Feedback" and also strongly suggested that she conduct her business elsewhere if she was going to take the attitude she was displaying!!!
Sorry if I'm going on about this but I think all sisters shopping on Ebay should know about her. This person is definitely prejudice against our lifestyle and that I guess is her problem but to sell to someone all nicey nice and then take it all back because she finds out something about that person she doesn't like, after the fact; I damn well don't think so there Mrs. Biggit !!!!!! :mad: And now you all know too !!!
I'm certainly NOT saying anyone not deal with this person, just don't reveal the fact that you will be using the items she sells, yourself or you too shall suffer her rath and she might even smack you with her bible....... :eek: .

azure
04-20-2005, 09:41 PM
ever seen the ads in the local newspapers for womens clothing etc etc and next to the telephone number is (no male callers)
nice touch love.......not.

Shanna GG
04-20-2005, 09:59 PM
ever seen the ads in the local newspapers for womens clothing etc etc and next to the telephone number is (no male callers)
nice touch love.......not.

Awww, no male callers. I guess that means I will have to call and bitch them out for you all, hehe.

danielle, that is a horrible situation. Rayna uses my name for a lot of stuff on ebay but for those of you that don't have a supportive SO that is horrible.
Not that people should have to use their SO's name in the first place. Damn those with those "superior religious beliefs", they make me sick.
If there is anything I can do to help in the future please feel free to ask.
~Shanna

danielle_bc
04-20-2005, 10:15 PM
What if she was a store front retailer, made a sale and then found out the male buyer intended to wear/use the item themselves? What would she do then, demand it back and refund the purchaser? NOT LIKELY !!! Here in Canada a reatiler does not have the right to refuse service based on race, colour, sexual orientation or a person's particular lifestyle.
I have no use for Bible-thumpers in any form but I do respect them the right to have their views and beliefs as long as they don't try to press them on me !!!!!!!!! Damn-it, this kind of thing really pisses me off :mad:

carolbitv
04-20-2005, 10:26 PM
way to go girl. carol

Nyx
04-20-2005, 10:37 PM
Heheh... I picked a feminine nickname on ebay... And I received each and every single item I ordered so far (about 35 items). I was even able to inquire about defective items and get replacements.

Robertacd
04-20-2005, 10:49 PM
I use the same nick name on ebay that I use here, and have never had a problem.

About Me: robertacd (http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=robertacd)

I am going to have to bid on all her items, at least the clothes. :p

Lucy Jayne GG
04-21-2005, 12:59 AM
I sent her an email.
Im absolutely disgusted that someone can act like that.

How does she know who she sells her things to?And how dare she take it into her own hands to decide whether god thinks its okay morally to cross dress or not.
She could be selling dresses to female satanists for all she knows,but she finds out one sweet crossdresser wins one of her auctions fair and square,she throws a religous fit.

Thats discrimination,and bigotry,and I wont stand for either.

Lucy J

Tristen Cox
04-21-2005, 02:58 AM
Thou shall not sell to crossdressers? Wtf is their problem anyway. Anyone want to find that commandment in the bible? I remember one that says: Thou shall not judge lest he(or she) be judged himself(or herself). Think they should be paying attention to what 'is' written not their interpretations. Each commandment has a consequence. They will get theirs

Anna
04-21-2005, 03:35 AM
I want to read THAT bible! now that does sound fun, and the Lord sayeth 'Lo! girl! no way does that frock go withithith those heels-eth!! why i awter smite you down bitch(because God watched a lot of Eddie izzard you know). Get you down to Wal-mart ifith your gonna dress like a tramp,tsk'. :p

Natasha Anne
04-21-2005, 04:29 AM
What if she was a store front retailer, made a sale and then found out the male buyer intended to wear/use the item themselves? What would she do then, demand it back and refund the purchaser? NOT LIKELY !!! Here in Canada a reatiler does not have the right to refuse service based on race, colour, sexual orientation or a person's particular lifestyle.
I have no use for Bible-thumpers in any form but I do respect them the right to have their views and beliefs as long as they don't try to press them on me !!!!!!!!! Damn-it, this kind of thing really pisses me off :mad:
Same in the USA. In fact you could probably persue some sort of discrimination action and get her kicked off eBay for good! We don't need these types of people in the world, or if they must prevail they need to setup a Christian Values version of eBay.

eBay is essentially a flea market and a public retail outfit isn't it.

Anita
04-21-2005, 04:37 AM
tell us her trading name and i will avoid her

sarah
04-21-2005, 05:37 AM
That person will lose a lot of trade if their name gets out.....give it to me i have some negative feed back they will never forget !!!!!! Ithink i once saw Jesus in a dress and im sure moses was smoking something when he saw the burning bush....so go figure...

Wendy me
04-21-2005, 05:45 AM
thats why i am a in person shopper see love it buy it wear it all in the same day.........
and yes if we all knew the name pehaps we could all complane to e bay................

~Dee~
04-21-2005, 06:59 AM
ack!
That's just plain, open discrimination while hiding behind religion.
If religious beliefs were enough of an excuse for disciminating against you, then there would be plenty of reasons that could be used to excuse discrimination of a wide range of things.

"I feel its perfectly fine to not allow XXXX type of people into my store, because my beliefs say that its not right" - people discriminate because they think that something is right or wrong.
They make that judgement and figure what should be, just putting a religious spin on things doesnt make it any less wrong, or illegal for that matter.

I hope that you pursue this and with any luck eBay will get ontop of it too.

No matter how we might dress or even if I think I am the queen high ruler of Pluto - I still should not be denied a sale because of it.
no harm - no foul.

ok, time to go calm down some.
best wishes,

Dee.
Queen High-Ruler of Pluto.

sheiligh
04-21-2005, 07:57 AM
hi all, i also got burned on ebay , i quit using them as well luv sheiligh

Sharon
04-21-2005, 08:13 AM
I have used EBay many, many times and have been fortunate enough to have never had a problem, besides the time I bid and won an item whose seller was in China, which I didn't realize until it was too late (it was never received, I lodged a formal complaint, and they haven't attempted to sell under the same name since).
If a seller doesn't want my money, I say the hell with them. But if they intend to discriminate against certain customers, they should disclose this information. I guess they're afraid our money is fushia colored or that they'll catch something from it.

trinity24
04-21-2005, 12:23 PM
Ban religion, and things like this won't happen anymore.

Nyx
04-21-2005, 12:25 PM
Ban religion, and things like this won't happen anymore.

Wrong.

StephanieCD
04-21-2005, 01:05 PM
why i awter smite you down bitch

that made my day.

Stormgirl
04-21-2005, 01:07 PM
I told her off(in a mature way).

Priscilla1018
04-21-2005, 01:19 PM
ack!
That's just plain, open discrimination while hiding behind religion.
If religious beliefs were enough of an excuse for disciminating against you, then there would be plenty of reasons that could be used to excuse discrimination of a wide range of things.

"I feel its perfectly fine to not allow XXXX type of people into my store, because my beliefs say that its not right" - people discriminate because they think that something is right or wrong.
They make that judgement and figure what should be, just putting a religious spin on things doesnt make it any less wrong, or illegal for that matter.

I hope that you pursue this and with any luck eBay will get ontop of it too.

No matter how we might dress or even if I think I am the queen high ruler of Pluto - I still should not be denied a sale because of it.
no harm - no foul.

ok, time to go calm down some.
best wishes,

Dee.
Queen High-Ruler of Pluto.

Wow does Mickey know you have Pluto?

Discrimination of ALL types is just wrong.Discrimination because of your narrow interpretation of the bible is EVIL.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

Keri_T
04-21-2005, 01:23 PM
I've purchased lots of stuff on eBay recently...luckily I've gotten shipping confirmations from most of them. I'll know if some of them "freak out" in a few days I suppose.

mmandy31
04-21-2005, 06:05 PM
I am laughing my ass off over this story.
Could you imagine if you went to let say wal-mart and bought a dress or even lingerie take it up to the cashier and she says sorry i can't sell it to you because you might wear it and it's against my religion to sell it to you well guess what the cashier would be probaly fired for discrimation .
i wouldn't care what you did with it a sale is a sale to me.
Like what would that matter to the seller.

Ashley in Virginia
04-21-2005, 09:29 PM
I shop on ebay with the name "rob12345c__k". Seriously. I have bought clothes make up and wigs under this name. Also pay for things on ebay with a paypal account with my name on it. I personally don't give a hoot what they think. :) My money is green too.

If some holier than thou jacka** wants to recind a sale, I would leave very nasty feedback on their account and contact ebay as well.

Unfortunately, other than that you don't have much recourse in the matter. :(

Keri_T
04-23-2005, 10:59 PM
Update on my purchases from last week: I've received about 1/2 of them, and the rest I have the tracking information for minus 1 or 2 items.

I guess it varies, but wow I still can't believe what happened to you danielle!! (I mean, I believe you, I just think some sellers out there are ... well you know!)

I was thinking about this the other day, and you know, they really have *no clue*. For heavens sake, you could be getting that for your wife, kids, etc and it could be for a b-day, gift exchange, etc I mean *COME ON*!! Are people ... ok wait I've got to cool down, I don't want to be rude and say not-nice things about some eBay sellers.

<deep breath>

I'll be ok...

danielle_bc
04-25-2005, 11:19 AM
I use the same nick name on ebay that I use here, and have never had a problem.

About Me: robertacd (http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=robertacd)

I am going to have to bid on all her items, at least the clothes. :p

I would be curious to find out what she would do if you sent her a question regarding a certain outfit? Would she pick up on your ebay name or something along that line? :confused: You should give that a try and let me know what comes of it.
Danielle.

Selina
04-25-2005, 07:42 PM
What gets me is why do they care anyway?

I've bought most of my stuff from high street stores, and I'm sure that on at least some occaissions they've probably realised (or at least suspected) that I was buying for myself, but nobody's ever threatened to refuse to sell to me, and why should they? - My money's worth just as much as the next man/woman/assorted.

Hugs, Sel.

Selina
04-25-2005, 07:50 PM
I would be curious to find out what she would do if you sent her a question regarding a certain outfit?

Ah yes, I can just imagine:

"Hi, a quick question about the lovely swimsuit you are auctioning - I was just wondering whether it has sufficient space for my large hairy testicles (measurements attached), or whether I should wait for you to sell one in a larger size? Please advise..." :)

Hugs, Sel.

Keri_T
04-25-2005, 08:36 PM
Ah yes, I can just imagine:

"Hi, a quick question about the lovely swimsuit you are auctioning - I was just wondering whether it has sufficient space for my large hairy testicles (measurements attached), or whether I should wait for you to sell one in a larger size? Please advise..." :)

Hugs, Sel.

ROFL! Now that's funny! :D

Cassandra Marie
04-25-2005, 10:35 PM
Well I guess in life you're going to get people like that from time to time. I have never had any problems with anyone on ebay, elsewhere online, or even shopping out at the stores in person. I think that maybe her religious beliefs should be placed upon her where the sun doesn't shine. From what I understand, (and I'm nowhere close to religious believe me) we were all created in God's image. If I/we were truly created in His image then doesn't that tell you a little something about Him? ;)

Maybe she should look on any denomination of the money she makes where it says, "In God We Trust." In my opinion, your money and mine is all still green whether the customer is black, white, yellow, gay, lesbian, or other. If anyone should be going to Hell over this it should be her. There seems to be a certain amount of hate toward a fellow human being in her actions and my God wouldn't stand for that. Is there an 11th commandment that I don't know of that states, "Thou shalt not accept payment from the transgendered?"

Anyway, just think of it as another pothole in the road of life. Be happy in the fact that you've shaken hands with one of Satan's minions and that your faith and beliefs kept you safe. See you all in Heaven.

Yours,

Cassandra

Robertacd
04-26-2005, 08:25 AM
I would be curious to find out what she would do if you sent her a question regarding a certain outfit? Would she pick up on your ebay name or something along that line? :confused: You should give that a try and let me know what comes of it.
Danielle.

I don't think I cought the sellers name yet. :confused: