PDA

View Full Version : Drab or Drag

bgirl
02-01-2008, 07:52 PM
I am going to MN next week and plan to dress for Mall of America!
There are two stores there I want to visit and one of them is BareEscentuals which is a natural make-up. Sensitive skin. I have talked to their 1-800 number and told them my situation and asked if they thought it would work with beard shadow. They said yes and encouraged me to make an appointment with the store to try out their product. So I did. A week from Saturday I will go to MOA and talk to them. SO do I go in drab to test that it works and carry my clothes with me and do the Clark Kent thing or do I go as Bethany. If it doesn't work , I would need all my stuff.
As Bethany I wear heavy make-up allready. If I tone down the make-up I will definatly look like a man in a dress. I dont mind being made, but I don't want to draw a lot of attention either. I only have about 4-5 hours after I shave and make-up and the my chariot turns in to a pumpkin. I want to enjoy as much of the afternoon as possible without going to the hotel to change back and forth. If you have ever been to the MOA, to carry a bunch of clothes could be a chore. Are their unisex bathrooms there? I have been frantic trying to deciede what to wear.

Angie G
02-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Live it up hun go as Bethany :hugs:
Angie

deja true
02-01-2008, 10:20 PM
On the other hand, hon, if you go made up you'll just have to cleanse it all off to have the make-up person work on you. I wouldn't rely on just a chat with the esthetician to make the decision to purchase an expensive new regimen. 'Cos naturally, the shop person is gonna wanna make a big sale, whether it's really right for you or not. If they already know you're T from your phone calls, they may figure that a) you're an easy sale and/or b)you probably won't come in for a refund if your over-the-counter purchase doesn't work out.

It's cynical thinking, I know, but untill you actually meet and talk face to face with someone there, you can't really gauge their trustworthyness, eh? (No, I'm not a Canadian) You need to be able to ascertain whether the salesperson is sympathetic or sales driven.

I think I'd go in femmy kinda drab, sans make-up, and make 'em do the work for the sale. If you go through with a makeover and like it ( in a discrete setting would be good), then just put on the wig and shoes and accessories you brought with you in a small bag.

Waddya think?

deja

bgirl
02-01-2008, 10:55 PM
I think I'd go in femmy kinda drab, sans make-up, and make 'em do the work for the sale. If you go through with a makeover and like it ( in a discrete setting would be good), then just put on the wig and shoes and accessories you brought with you in a small bag.

Waddya think?

deja

I consider that but for me there is no kind of femme drab that looks ok and any path to the store through MOA is crowded. I just realize how strange I am. I don't mind getting made when I am fully dressed, but I am afraid of being made when in drab. I have to laugh at how silly that sounds!! Thanks for your comment.