PDA

View Full Version : wanting to know what its like ?

shirley1
02-01-2008, 10:45 PM
i just wondered as someone who hasnt yet bin out yet but wants to - does anyone else on here just feel curious as much as anything else having read a lot of posts from cders on here who have been out - when you go out everyday in drab and see good looking women dressed the way youd like to be dressed - i wonder what it would be like being dressed in this situation myself say stood at a bustop - i would really like to be seen by ggs and not so much by men thats the problem ! one of my ultimates would be to go out with a group of ggs for a nite out - but as some of you who say you get nice smiles of women when out dressed - yes i would like to experience that - i have got to the stage now where i wont be happy unless i experience bein out dressed in public even if i only did i once its like i need to have that experience - it could be if i did it once i would be that uncomfortable or nervous i would never want to do it again - or to the other extreme i might want to go out dressed again and again ! but i need to have that experience now just to find out one way or another where i;m going with all this ! to be able to move on i guess !

ManInBra
02-02-2008, 02:48 AM
The first time I went out dressed was on Halloween about 10 yrs ago, and I will say it was a feeling I have never forgot, It felt so good walking down the street in a dress, wearing a bra with forms in and feeling them bounce as I walked, and pantyhose,, I cant wait for Halloween each year, sometimes I can go out and others I cant, (small town), but yes I do desire that feeling many more times a year than I can experience it,, but there are times also I will get dressed and go for a REAL LONG drive to the mountains, making sure to pack plenty of guy clothes in case of emergency,

Good Luck
Its a Feeling like OMG

Christina Louise
02-02-2008, 03:06 AM
Yes I feel the same as you. Never having been out, that first time must be such a rollercoaster of feelings - scared, excited, proud to be out, maybe even sexy - that it must be intoxicating if things go well. And going out with a group of ggs would be the ultimate acceptance of who you are.

Christine Kelly
02-02-2008, 04:15 AM
Yes I feel the same as you. Never having been out, that first time must be such a rollercoaster of feelings - scared, excited, proud to be out, maybe even sexy - that it must be intoxicating if things go well. And going out with a group of ggs would be the ultimate acceptance of who you are.

And I always thought going out on a date with a straight guy was the ultimate acceptance as a girl. :happy:

Dalece
02-02-2008, 04:35 AM
My first time out I was a nervious as a cat on a hot tin roof. I was out with a GG friend, she is very supportive. But survied the day. I felt that I was being watched. I relized after ward that I must be aceptable when after we got back to her home, she told me several. males where eyeing me and give me a once over how she knows I don't know. But I myself found it is easier to talk to women and i was in drad yesterday and was getting make up supplies. I talked to a GG that was a maybilene rep. I told her that I was a CD. And she helped me as I was another woman. Was wearing my fem lingere. Once you get over the fear and more confident it gets easier and you will inprove on dress and make up.

Christina Louise
02-02-2008, 06:20 AM
And I always thought going out on a date with a straight guy was the ultimate acceptance as a girl. :happy:

But I said that it was the ultimate acceptance of who you are.

Angie G
02-02-2008, 08:15 AM
I've only been out 2 times on Halloween and it was a great feeling both time now I want to go shopping with my wife at the Outlet mall dressed maybe it will happen. :hugs:
Angie

bgirl
02-02-2008, 10:38 AM
The greatest part for me was just being as feminine as I could be and doing my best just to be who I am. It is one of the most calming and honest things I have ever done. Once I got over the fear of passing or not, as the case may be. It is the most freedom I have ever felt.

Tracy_Victoria
02-02-2008, 11:52 AM
it's a buzz you can't explain. I got it the first time I walked out the door, and I've never ever lost it. it's a thousand feeling and fears all rolled in to one.

your'll never understand, till you walk out that door for the first time, and afterward you'll just want to do it again and again and again.

Mitch23
02-02-2008, 04:29 PM
sounds like you are ready to fly the nest shirley. and you're right there is nothing like it, to be out in the real world, dressed up and looking hot and getting those admiring glances. you'll want to do it over and over again and it will become more natural and your confidence will grow every time

mitch

carhill2mn
02-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Going out in public the first time (and even for many times after that) is both frightening and exhilerating! Most of us probably "stuck our toe in the water", so to speak, by driving somewhere, maybe just getting out and walking where you were unlikely to be seen. At first, you will think that everyone is staring at you, even if you are just in your car. After awhile you will learn that hardly anyone even looks at you as long as you are dressed appropriately and act as if you belong. Being furtive or constantly looking around as if you are guilty of something is likely to draw unwanted attention.
If you are like most of us that go out in public, you will feel like you have never felt before and will be anxious to do it again and again and...
Above all, act "lady-like" and SMILE!
Have fun!

michellecd_ne
02-02-2008, 04:53 PM
if you are ready to take that big step out the door, may i suggest finding a TG group in your area. They are very supportive and will probably even go out with you. a mall, a movie, or even a club i'm sure they would be more than happy to help you with your first time.

Nicole Erin
02-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Well just take things one step at a time.
We are here to guide you.
This is a hourney, not a destination [someone choke me for using that tired old cliche.]

TxKimberly
02-02-2008, 05:52 PM
I go out a good deal these days and I can tell you it is a mixture of scared to death combined with thrilled to death and over joyed.
I can tell by your post that you are pretty much at the point a lot of s reach and probably WILL go out soon. My recommendation is to start with a TG group where you can get some experience being out and around other people to build your confidence.
There are groups and organizations in pretty much an region you might be in. It just takes a few minutes surfing the net to find them. If you care to share the general area where you live, you will probably get recommendations right here. :-)

Good luck!

Sally24
02-02-2008, 10:41 PM
My only caveat is that if you do go out, you will probably want to go out more and more. That is the common reaction if things go well. I used to go out a few times a year but now it is at least once a month and some months it is 4 or 5 times!

Good luck but be careful you don't get "hooked on the feeling"!

Samantha43
02-02-2008, 10:49 PM
I guess it depends on your situation if you should go out dressed. I went out several times a few years ago. I did like many of the girls have mentioned here. I went to meetings of a CD/TG group. The meetings were great fun! I was accepted as part of the group right away. We went to a couple of friendly bars after the meetings and had a great time there too. The looks and attention from men I got while driving and walking to the bar was a huge rush! And I am as straight as an arrow!

The problem is, I never got comfortable going out. I have a family and was concerned how they would be treated if I was found out. Not to mention the risk to my job. So for now I am happily back in the closet. That may change in the future, but for now that is where I am comfortable. I have the wonderful advantage of having a wife who is very supportive of me.

You should weigh the consequenses with the rewards before you make your decision. If you do decide to go out, take it slowly at first. Find a CD/TG group in your area and contact them to attend one of their meetings.

SweetCaroline
02-02-2008, 10:51 PM
I swear. Walking down a public street by yourself for the first time can be scary as hell. But you need to decide for yourself.

Bethann
02-02-2008, 11:29 PM
One of the most profound experiences I have ever had was finally going out
to a dinner party with other "girls". We shared a wonderful evening together,
and felt for the first time ever, at peace with my femine side. I cried when I
got home that evening. The sisterhood I experienced was beautiful, and
I felt safe and accepted. I even got a few compliments on my new skirt !

Marla151
02-03-2008, 01:50 AM
It's like some part of you thats been repressed for most of your life finally tasting freedom. It's scary, exhilarating, like loosing your virginity (hopefully that was a good experience). It gets better and better every time you walk out the door dressed up. I try to get out at least once a week now. It's fun going to places I've already been, and its still a little scary and adventurous and exhilarating trying out new places. One thing I haven't tried yet, but really want to do, is go shopping in drag. I've done it in drab and tried on the clothes in the mens or unisex dressing rooms, but I'd love to go in drag sometime.

My first time was to a Halloween party, and then we went out to a dance club afterwards. I got complements, hit on by men and women, and had a great time. It was an enormous boost to my self esteem and confidence.

Good luck on your first time out. I hope it is a safe, fun, and confidence building experience for you.

vivianann
02-03-2008, 02:28 AM
Shirly, Once you go out enfemme you will want to do it again and again, you will be hooked. I know exactly how you feel about only wanting to be seen by other GG's, and not men, When I go out enfemme I like to go to places where there are more women such as clothing stores, the mall, thrift stores, and so on, you can not avoid men seeing you because men are also there, just not as many. most men do not notice if you dress to blend in. Sometimes I get really brave and go to auto parts stores, and auto salvage yards, but that is rare to go to those places while wearing a skirt. If you have good friends who happen to be GG's you should let one of them that you can trust know about your desire to dress as a woman, and hopfully they can help you make your first time out enfemme.

Christine Kelly
02-03-2008, 05:01 AM
But I said that it was the ultimate acceptance of who you are.

Sorry Christina, my mistake. :sad:
I thought later about what I had posted and realized that it was not true for everyone.

susan2010
02-03-2008, 08:18 AM
The only time I ever went out was Holloween afew years back. My wife got me thew owrld's ugliest dress and a real fright mask. I wore under armor bottoms (it was partly an outdoors party) and work boots, and still it was an incredible rush. So many women were so nice to me. Some I knew and some I didn't know. My wife didn't know what she started. Before that she knew I like slips and panties, but didn't expect me to like dresses. She really freaked out about a year later when she found a pair of heels that were too boig for her. OOPS: