PDA

View Full Version : this is making buying clothes easier for me !

shirley1
02-01-2008, 11:48 PM
probably a stupid thread ! but i left a email for a shop quite literally 3 mins walk from where i live - i have walked past it so many times full of retro dresses and skirts (full length skirts and dresses) 50s 60s 70s 80s styles a cders dream ! but never been in there - just looked in the window walkin past - emailed the shop asked the question r they cd friendly - answer yes we have a lot of cders come in buy stuff come in anytime - loads of cders around here where i live - well i never see them ! just goes ro proove their are plenty of cders around but they are mostly closeted - just like most of us on this forum - yeh shops just want your money - if i've got any left i will buy one of those gorgeous dresses from that shop (retro bizarre) and theres a dance shop down the other road that sells flamenco skirts ! damn now thats one style of skirt i havnt got to add to my 25 or so collection - how do i avoid buying one of them given half a chance ! stopped the online ordering now i will most likely visit these shops instead - i need a raise in wages to pay for this hobby, lifestyle, obsession, whatever you call it !

Angie G
02-02-2008, 09:27 AM
I hear that I could use a raise to use on my hobby also Shirley :hugs:
Angie

Phyliss
02-02-2008, 04:20 PM
I don't live within walking distance of most of the stores I frequent, but the ease of making a purchase causes me to over spend too many times.

I've mentioned this more than a few times to different S.A. s that it's just too easy to buy anything. Sometimes I almost wish for one of them to chase me out of the store, it'd help me save money. :heehee:

Nicole Erin
02-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Would you expect a store to say "We do not want your money"?:heehee:

shirley1
02-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Would you expect a store to say "We do not want your money"?:heehee:

no i know what your saying but i once rang a bridalwear shop up and asked the same question and they said "no it might upset my regular customers" ie they dont want a tv walking round their shop dressed in their clothing - like going to a ggs clothes store in drab asking to try something on at a busy time - yeh if you were dressed i doubt they could refuse you but it drab maybe they would ! i dont know how cd friendly shops are now but i kind of get the feeling a lot more than they were a few years ago !