PDA

View Full Version : Krissy's Transforming Adventure!!!

KrissyTN
02-02-2008, 07:17 AM
As some of you know I have been looking for a transformation studio for a full makeover and photo shoot. Well, this week a goal of mine has finally been realized!!!

Typically I keep my legs, underarms and eyebrows waxed and my toenails painted - currently I have a gorgeous pink polish called "Aphrodite's Pink Nightie" on. Well Thursday I went to my favorite day spa called Natural Body in downtown Chattanooga, where my esthetician Natalie waxed my arms, my chest and my back.

I didn't have much hair on my arms or back so that was a piece of cake. Truth is, I didn't have much hair on my chest either and other than one or two incidents, the experience was no where near as dreadful as I had imagined.:eek:

After buying some eyeshadows and other needed items, I headed to Atlanta where I was going to have my transformation on Friday.

At the advice and recommendation of Nina, I had contacted Ms. Phoebe Cross who has vast experience working with CD's doing makeovers and photoshoots. You can check out her site at www.phoebecross.com (THANKS NINA!!!) What a great recommendation!! Anyway, after some scheduling workarounds for both she and I, we were able to arrange for Friday.

I showed up at Phoebe's and was greeted warmly with a tour of her studio and a brief glimpse at all the wonderful dresses, wigs, accessories and well, everything a girl needs!! She told me that the gowns and dresses she has in the studio are only a fraction of what she has stored in another building on her property!! I was in heaven!! The studio is very tastefully decorated with a wonderful southern feel to it.

We sat down and discussed what I was looking for in my photo shoot and my basic dressing patterns, what I was comfortable with. Phoebe is very caring and very detailed. After a brief discussion we started to work on the foundation garments, waist cinchers etc... Then pantyhose and shoes. She has a wonderful collection of shoes!! I picked an ankle strapped white sandal with about a 4" heel on them.

Then it was wig time....I tried on about 10 different styles and with each style Phoebe explained what worked with my face shape and coloring. My eyebrows are contoured such that they can become femme anytime, but in drab mode are not noticable. Well, this, Phoebe explained really helped with the wig styling and selection because, as she told me, many crossdressers have eyebrows that can't be trimmed (for obvious reasons) so compensations must be made with the wig styling to not draw attention to that. But, not a problem for me thankfully and we selected a shoulder length brunette wig.

I then sat in the makeup chair and Phoebe applied all of my makeup carefully explaining each step. I've had plenty of practice with makeup, but Phoebe was able to help me with some tips for problem areas. Once she was done and put the wig on, I couldn't believe my eyes!!!

Then it was time for the photo shoot. We started with some lingerie shots, very tastefully done. Then I told Phoebe that it has always been a desire of mine to be in a wedding dress. Since she had one in my size, we did a photo shoot with the wedding dress, flowers and veil!!!

Finally, I put on a beautiful gold gown and had a couple of pictures with a clutch purse.

Oh it was wonderful!!!!

After the photo shoot...Phoebe removed all of the makeup completely. My wife knows and supports my dressing so it was no big deal to me, but might be important for a sister who must be concerned with those kinds of details.

All in all a fantastic experience....and for a great price too!! For the 3 hour makeover session, photo shoot and the disk it was $125.00 dollars.

So, if you're in or near Atlanta I would give Phoebe a call. Thanks again to Nina for the recommendation and I can't wait to go back!

I'll post one or two of the photos in the photo section later on....

Hugs,
Krissy

darla_g
02-02-2008, 09:27 AM
that sounds great. I bet Phoebe ends up with some more business out of this....

tifftg
02-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Krissy, thank you so much for sharing this story and with such detail. I travel to Atlanta 4 or 5 times a year and have often thought about a visit to Phoebe. that fear of the unknown. I hope to go soon and I will let you all know how it goes.

hugs,

tiffany

KrissyTN
02-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Tiffany,

I certainly understand the fear, but trust me....Phoebe is about as caring an individual as I've met in a very long time. She'll make you feel right at home and totally without judgement! I can't say enough positive things about my experience!

When you know you're going to Atlanta next, just book an appointment and put yourself in her caring hands!

Hugs,
Krissy

beth ann
02-02-2008, 05:32 PM
You sure look sexy reclining on that sofa. You have good taste in clothing, shoes and accessories. Impressive and well done. beth ann

KrissyTN
02-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Thanks Beth Ann.....sorry, but I wish that were me!! It's actually Rita Hayworth, who shares my same birthday (not the same year though!)

I'm hoping to change my photo soon now that I've had my photo shoot. I'll be going through the pics and will post them in the photo section.

Hugs,
Krissy

Dalece
02-03-2008, 12:59 AM
Krissy can't what to see them. I wish I knew this before. have been to atlanta. But this gives me Ideas.HMMM.

Mollyanne
02-03-2008, 08:13 AM
Hi Krissy, WOW, what a wonderful, fun time you must have had.
When you stated what it cost you for this I had to look at it three times, up here in New York(Long Island) the charge is usually three hundred($300.00). I also go to Atlanta three to four times a year and next time I will certainly book an appointment with Phoebe Cross. Thank you so very much for the info.

:love: Mollyanne