PDA

View Full Version : Latex masks

docrobbysherry
02-04-2008, 01:53 AM
Moderators and members. This thread is to show how a latex mask looks. It is NOT to show off pics, or I would post in the pics section. I tried to select good pics that showed the mask at it's realistic best. No photoshop work done.

An earlier thread asked how good they look. Here is how mine looks now.
My makeup skills r poor, at best. The eyes r home made.
However, u can get a good idea of the shape of the face from several angles.
The large jaw line and neck, ( which is mostly hidden by the sweater), looks a bit masculine. It WAS pretty warm inside the mask. Which was worn in a cool winter room. I think it could only pass in pics, or at nite, from a distance.

However, for CD's desiring something other than their regular, man-in-a-dress look, it mite work OK.
What do u think?
RS

Nicola46
02-04-2008, 01:59 AM
Personnaly I dont like it, but I can see that it has its uses. If anybody is happy wearing one then thats cool.

Sophie_C
02-04-2008, 02:49 AM
No insult, but it comes off as incredibly creepy. I would suggest all CDs/TVs to band together and actively discourage everyone from doing this.

I would be a thousand times more comfortable with a crossdresser wearing a ZZ Top beard than wearing one of those things. :thumbsdn::thumbsdn::thumbsdn:

Christina Louise
02-04-2008, 02:53 AM
Totally creepy. Wear a balaclava instead.

Celeste
02-04-2008, 04:10 AM
Kinda reminds me of the wax museum but if it works for you, cool. I build marionettes and to take away that shiny look I'll steel wool the face first then apply satin finish then steel wool one more time and then go with the finishing make up.It takes away that glassy look and they come out looking amazingly real.Try it in an inconspicuous spot around the rear of the mask first or under the hairline,you'll see it works.Great job on the eyes,they can be difficult.

Angie G
02-04-2008, 06:19 AM
If you wish to hide it's ok but if your going for a good look it looks fake I don't like it hun sorry :hugs:
Angie

cindyPT
02-04-2008, 06:51 AM
The second picture from the top almost works.

Well it's expressionless and unnatural, but I imagine it's fun to instantly transform into a made-up feminine face. If only we had those mission impossible masks that always fooled everyone.

Not to be worn in public I think, but enjoy it if you can.

TxKimberly
02-04-2008, 07:44 AM
Sorry Doc, I don't want to hurt your feelings, but I think it looks kind of creepy.

Kieron Andrew
02-04-2008, 07:46 AM
No insult, but it comes off as incredibly creepy.

Totally creepy.

it looks fake I don't like it hun sorry

Sorry Doc, I don't want to hurt your feelings, but I think it looks kind of creepy.

I too think it looks very creepy, im sorry but its made me very rarely look at your pics because of the creepiness :(, i dont think the masks are realistic or very passable, you are likely to get more negative reaction in public wearing them then you would with rubbish make up....try to learn make up, all it takes is practice....this is not intended to hurt you but to speak the truth

Tracy_Victoria
02-04-2008, 08:30 AM
Didn't we do this thread a couple of weeks ago! (if that)

my view has not changed since then, ie I think most will find it creepy, personally I think it more sexual than related to looking look a woman, and it's not for me.

Kate Simmons
02-04-2008, 08:46 AM
The latex masks have always intrigued me RS. Years ago I even considered getting one as it was around that time I saw the Fembots on The Bionic Woman which gave me the idea it was possibly doable as I didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of passing with my own face back then. Even now I wouldn't attempt going out in one unless maybe for a costume party.

Still, a good makeup person with enough creativity can make almost anything work. I really admire your skill in creating your custom made faces. In any event, whether it's one's own face or a mask, how effective it is is determined by the purpose for which it was intended. I'm happy for you that this gives you joy my friend otherwise I'd never have gotten to know you.:happy:

SirTrey
02-04-2008, 08:47 AM
What do u think?
I wouldn't comment unless you asked....but I think it looks kind of like a "china doll" type face, but certainly not human or passable, that's for sure....on a full sized person, it's very "mannequin like", which, if you actually did go out at night like that, would scare people, I think....Not trying to hurt your feelings, but, honestly, I could see a scenario where someone might see that and call the police from their cell phone or something....and I don't want to see you run into a problem like that....for at home, if YOU like it (which is all that really matters), go ahead....but I would hate to see you try that in public and run into problems that you weren't bargaining for....Like everyone else here, just being honest...**Trey**

Farrah
02-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Its kinda creepy and scary. I guess that blank stare is what makes it so awful. I'd rather be fully dressed with a beard. (LOL)

Margot
02-04-2008, 09:36 AM
:2c:I prefer to practice makeup styles but each to their own. I perspire a lot so this would not do it for me.:thumbsdn:

Paulacder
02-04-2008, 09:36 AM
I agree with the majority of the comments. Even poor make up would be better. You might ask, how is one suppose to get good at makeup? Practice, Practice, Practice. When I first started wearing makeup and going out in public it would take me at least an hour, now I can do my makeup in 10 minutes or less and do a better job. My advise if you want it or not is to save the mask for Holloween.

bEEb
02-04-2008, 09:48 AM
I would suggest all CDs/TVs to band together and actively discourage everyone from doing this.

:thumbsdn::thumbsdn::thumbsdn:

Geez get real... what's next? You don't like someone's proclivity for huge breasts or something?

Truthfully that particular mask seems a bit large in the jowel area.
Not that I would not mind having it for myself mind you.
I am still vacillating over which mask to get for my rubber doll alter ego. Kerry makes some nice reasonably priced ones.
There are japanese made masks that run near a 1000 bucks that are absolutely gorgeous. And the "creepyphobes" here would be hard pressed to pick them out of a crowd. (Especially an oriental crowd)
I think us crossdressers ought to band together and encourage individuality and nonconformity at every opportunity.

CaptLex
02-04-2008, 10:23 AM
Well, since you asked . . . nightmares, hon . . . I get nightmares from looking at that mask. :huh: :blink: :skull:

Sandra
02-04-2008, 10:30 AM
. I would suggest all CDs/TVs to band together and actively discourage everyone from doing this.

Would you like this if you did something people didn't like? I don't like them and yes to me they are creepy but it is each to their own.

MJ
02-04-2008, 10:36 AM
i can understand why some would use a mask . up close one can see it's a mask but on long shots it's not so bad . but ..we need to respect those who want to use one .
why not try a makeup service a different style wig and see how one would turn out . i sure wish i had your figure .. :2c:.. Thank you showing us

Tamara Croft
02-04-2008, 11:09 AM
OK, we've gone around the houses with this now, but I'm going to tell you EXACTLY what I think of these masks.... you might not like what I say... but I'm saying it anyway.

Those masks look like the face of a blow up doll and everytime I see one on this forum, it makes me wonder just what you've been doing with it before hand... for all I know, you could have been using it just like a blow up doll... and it creeps me the hell out. I would go more into detail about what I think, but then I'd have to ban myself from the forum.

One more thing, if you are just posting about the masks, why did you feel the need to post your whole body and at a distance too? we can't see the masks in those full body shots... probably a good job, in this section, anyone can see it and they probably 'would' scare the hell out of the kids....

That's my opinion... hideous... they look like blow up sex toys... sorry but they do...

suzy
02-04-2008, 11:17 AM
I agree...a blow up doll that comes alive. It would scare the hell out of me....I could see a lot of problems developing with wearing that thing.:hugs:

Tamara Croft
02-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Maybe she has tea parties in the basement... puts all those heads on mannequins..... all sitting around the table having tea.... like some scary horror movie....

docrobbysherry
02-04-2008, 11:51 AM
OK, we've gone around the houses with this now, but I'm going to tell you EXACTLY what I think of these masks.... you might not like what I say... but I'm saying it anyway.

One more thing, if you are just posting about the masks, why did you feel the need to post your whole body and at a distance too? we can't see the masks in those full body shots... probably a good job, in this section, anyone can see it and they probably 'would' scare the hell out of the kids....

That's my opinion... hideous... they look like blow up sex toys... sorry but they do...

Tamara, I tried to cut the body off some of the pics. That made the heads appear up close and distorted the pic! I wanted to show what they looked like from a short distance.

And I don't mind what u and others have said. That's why I posted the pics!
I prefer my special faces to this latex mask, myself. There probably r better latex masks out there.

However, there r fetish CD's here, like myself, that don't dress to "pass". And maybe, like myself, they just don't want to see their familiar male face staring back at them when they r dressed up as a pretty woman!
NOT ALL CD'S R ALIKE!
RS

Tamara Croft
02-04-2008, 11:54 AM
NOT ALL CD'S R ALIKE!
RSYou got that right... :straightface:

sterling12
02-04-2008, 12:05 PM
I agree with just about everyone else. For me, 'twould be a very strange look. Can't imagine wearing a mask out in public. Probably some of my friends would think that it's something I should do all the time!

But, maybe because I live in Florida, I have a question: "How could you stand the sweat and heat for very long?" Down here, people who wear full facial latex masks, even for a short time at a Halloween Party, find it almost unbearable! That mask has got to be very uncomfortable. Perhaps if you live somewhere around the Arctic Circle it might work, but I have my doubts.

Peace and Love, Joanie

jennifer41356
02-04-2008, 12:11 PM
I guess what ever makes one happy, I would think it would be a bit warm wearing one of those things, I would rather try and make myself look as fem as possible(notice how I didnt say passable) with what i had..half the fun is putting on makeup..my:2c:

Cai
02-04-2008, 12:30 PM
If you like it, I guess.

I have to say, it doesn't make you look female. It makes you look like a mannequin. In fact, that's what I thought you were when I opened the pictures.

I'm sure there are better ways to look, so that you don't have to see yourself "staring back" when you take pictures. Really, the mask isn't doing anything for you.

I bet you're prettier than you think.

Adam
02-04-2008, 12:33 PM
I see this mask first time a few weeks back my first thought was wow that looks creepy i mean i dunno its kinda not at all life like and does look like a plastic £1 shop mask to me.

why not if you don't want to show your face use a old style paper fan hold it in front of your face or wear a floppy hat and lean your head forward.

i mean you have a stunning body and your pictures would be lovely to look at but whenever i see the pic's i cant take my eyes off that mask maybe I'm scared too!! but really what would have been a lovely picture is spoil with a silly looking mask.

I don't feel wrong in saying how i see if firstly because you asked and secondly because its not your face.

i can totally understand if you don't want to show your face in case a picture gets out somehow to people you have not told about your CD stuff but there surely must be a better way than to use something that looks like it should be in a chucky movie :eek::eek: :2c:

karynspanties
02-04-2008, 12:38 PM
WOW, all I can say is that it's hard enough to get poeple to accept crossdressers as it is.....but, this is way over the top. Why would anyone invest their money into something like this? This just adds fuel to the fire! And yes....it is VERY creepy.

Mitzi
02-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Doc...

I didn't think you intended to go out in public with the "mask", but in a sense, you are out publicly here.

But if it enhances your experience when getting dressed, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Keep posting your pics, those who are turned off needn't look...

Mitzi

CaptLex
02-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Keep posting your pics, those who are turned off needn't look...
Kieron made me . . . :p

Julogden
02-04-2008, 01:28 PM
Hi RS,

In my opinion, it doesn't look passable even in photos, looks like a mask or a doll face. But I certainly have no argument with anyone wearing one at home or to a costume party, wouldn't work in public at all. I'd guess it appeals mainly to fetishists, as you mentioned.

Carol

Amanduhrob
02-04-2008, 01:30 PM
When I look at your pics, all I can think about is the Twilight Zone.

Chalk me up in the creepy column

Kieron Andrew
02-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Kieron made me . . . :p

:slap:

Stargirl
02-04-2008, 01:40 PM
It would be great for a fun video. Walking past people, cattle, dogs...just watch out for cliffs, and rattlesnakes.
Not trying to hurt your feelings or be mean by saying this. I think it would be fun to do unusal things with that look. The mask could work on one of those mannequin type "car buddies" people use to drive alone late at night. Or daytime ! Now there's a video idea.

Tamara Croft
02-04-2008, 01:44 PM
I have some suggestions for you....

1. Don't smoke.... you might catch fire....
2. Stay out the sun... you might melt... you know, like that witch.... melting... melting....

I have more, but I think I'd get slapped... :bs:

Jill
02-04-2008, 01:58 PM
Just to reiterate, in case the point has not yet been made... The masks are creepy. I first saw them years ago on a web site selling them and prayed they stay right there and only there, on the website. If you like how they look and if you like wearing them, that's totally fine, to each his own. But it seems like you are asking so we are telling you, if you tried wearing that in public or leave the house with it on, 9 out of 10 people are going to think it's creepy and many would probably also call the police.

Sharon
02-04-2008, 02:03 PM
I just wonder how much of you there is. You wear a mask, a corset, and who knows what other foundation garments. I mean, whatever floats your boat is fine by me, but I don't see where anyone can derive any more pleasure from this than they do by just looking at a stranger on the street.

Anyway -- to each their own.

Cara Allen
02-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Lots of people, lots of opinions...

I agree that the mask people are not for me either, but I am not going to make life hell for them by being insulting. All of us try very hard to be feminine, and while this tack does seem weird to me personally, I don't think it's right for us to be mean...any more than it is right for someone to make fun of a CD with prosthetics in public. That is phony too, you know.

It's like Seinfeld would say..."Not that there is anything wrong with it..."

I think a straight up or down vote would be sufficient. To insult someone who is just trying to make her way through this whole carnival that we transgenders find ourselves in is creepy, too. It's a real "Lord of the Flies" scenario.... some weird whipping order.

Tell her you don't like it, and move it along. Nothing to look at here.

Jill
02-04-2008, 02:05 PM
Oh, and also, the pics make me feel like I personally should avoid you, I wouldn't really want to communicate with you or be friends with you, the masks are just to upsetting. I'm not trying to make you feel bad, I'm just being honest.

Tamara Croft
02-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Oh Cara.... puh-lease... get off your soap box... if you don't like what 'we' have to say and 'we' are entitled to our own opinions, then you move along to the next thread.

The masks are creepy, they are freaky, if doc didn't keep posting them and asking what people thought of them, then people wouldn't keep bloody posting it would they? so if you don't want a real answer, don't ask... nuff said eh? :rolleyes: gawd... there's always one....

Oh, and also, the pics make me feel like I personally should avoid you, I wouldn't really want to communicate with you or be friends with you, the masks are just to upsetting. I'm not trying to make you feel bad, I'm just being honest.:OMG: that's really funny :lol: I'm sorry but it is!!!!

Rebecca03038
02-04-2008, 02:35 PM
No offense, but it just looks terribly fake.

Bethany_Anne_Fae
02-04-2008, 03:11 PM
Keep doing what you are doing Doc. Develope your techniques, and perhaps one day you will reach a level that will be unnoticeable and less of what the majority here have posted so far.

*hugs*

Zara

waspookie6
02-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Keep doing what you are doing Doc. Develope your techniques, and perhaps one day you will reach a level that will be unnoticeable and less of what the majority here have posted so far.

*hugs*

Zara
Odd but I was just thinking the same thing on the level that doc said these were home made and in progress.
What came to mind was the movie "Mrs Doubtfire", the scene where they kept using all sorts of latex prosthetics on Robin Williams face was funny but shows how diverse the uses can be. (especially cracks me up when they do the Barbra Strisand look and Williams takes off with the diva personna lol).

The whole face is maybe a bit much and is expression-less. If someone with Asburgers (sp) saw you out in a mask they wouldn't notice. They can't "read" faces or expressions, the rest of us look for those cue's so we don't know what to make of it. The only point of reference is the blow up doll thing so it doesn't make it easy to respond - though being passable at this point out and about wouldn't work.

If this is more of a latex fetish overall then this probably isn't a message board that would have much support. It seems (IMO) most here are just trying to use what they have now sans a full blown relation to a sexual fetish per se. Sure, dressed up or silky clothing may make one feel more sexy but that is about as far as it goes.

Ruth
02-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Well, RS, there's been a lot of use of the 'C' word but I have to say I don't find it creepy. But I do find it very interesting. It makes me want to know what your real face looks like. Any chance of a peek?
I would echo those who say it's a bad idea to go out in public in the mask, but on your own, in private, if that's what you like, go for it.
Best,
Ruth

tinadcd
02-04-2008, 05:45 PM
I am also a "fetish" CD. My made up face is as big a part of my femme identity as sky-high heels, wigs, gloves, short skirts and dresses. "Tina" has introduced herself, face to face, to people that know "Tom", and they have NEVER made the connection until I tell them point blank. I have also been in the room with others that have never recognized me. "Made", yes, because I don't try to pass, but intend to look like a guy dressed and made up like a woman. I suppose my point is that I too, wear a "mask"; just not one that is made of latex. It is a matter of degree, but so is everything. It is up to the individual to draw the line for their unique environment, circumstances and motivations.

darla_g
02-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Lots of people, lots of opinions...

I agree that the mask people are not for me either, but I am not going to make life hell for them by being insulting. All of us try very hard to be feminine, and while this tack does seem weird to me personally, I don't think it's right for us to be mean...any more than it is right for someone to make fun of a CD with prosthetics in public. That is phony too, you know.

It's like Seinfeld would say..."Not that there is anything wrong with it..."

I think a straight up or down vote would be sufficient. To insult someone who is just trying to make her way through this whole carnival that we transgenders find ourselves in is creepy, too. It's a real "Lord of the Flies" scenario.... some weird whipping order.

Tell her you don't like it, and move it along. Nothing to look at here.
i don't think anyone but it better than Cara. If you like the mask that is all that matters. Me, i much prefer playing with makeup.
darla

SandyR
02-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Very true Doc, each to his own. I can remeber when dressing from the waist down was all I needed. I guess like anything else, its all about being different.

Hugs.

SandyR

charlie
02-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Sherry,
The mask looks very Dr. Strangelove. Howver, I do love the look of the girl underneath the mask. Great legs, waist and clothes! No wonder you excite yourself!

deja true
02-04-2008, 07:21 PM
Gosh, am I glad this thread has finally calmed down!

Here's part of a PM I sent one of the girls who was getting wailed on for defending doc earlier in the afternoon. I think most of the early posters were missing the point that doc knows his masking alter-ego wouldn't pass in public and wouldn't even think of taking her out...

from earlier...
"...Doc's whole point is not anything to do with going out. That's not what the mask is all about. It's a deeply personal thing that has absolutely nothing to do with passing. It's more about the latex, i think and the issue of being confined by the mask and the corsets and tight clothes that she likes. We both know that latex clothes are sexy on some and many of those girls probably have latex and PVC in their closets as we speak. It's just that Doc's latex thing is a little bit outside their latex thing, therefore "weird" and "creepy".

I'm not a latex wearer of any kind. It's too fetishistic for my sensibilities. But I'm also not a latex basher.

Heck, us not-girls are the last, absolute last, to be ragging on anybody with an alternative bent! He's not posting pics of being peed on or eating poop, so we should just leave him the hell alone."

I was not about to get involved in that earlier catfight. It was vicious and cruel and really put me off. I was even tempted to PM a mod and ask that the thread be taken off. Not because of doc's particular kink, but because some of the girls were foaming at the mouth and needed a bucket of water thrown on 'em.

We're not here to insult or pick fights with ANYBODY! We're here to give and get CONSTRUCIVE criticism and give each other support.

Anybody says different, I'll slap the bitch upside the head!

respect (for good people) & love

deja

docrobbysherry
02-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Just to reiterate, in case the point has not yet been made... The masks are creepy. But it seems like you are asking so we are telling you, if you tried wearing that in public or leave the house with it on, 9 out of 10 people are going to think it's creepy and many would probably also call the police.

Jill,I disagree with your numbers. I think 10 out of 10 would be "creeped out". Anyone who wears one of these out, risks being SHOT! Quote me on that!

The masks are creepy, they are freaky, if doc didn't keep posting them and asking what people thought of them, then people wouldn't keep bloody posting it would they?

I hate to admit it, but u r exactly rite. That's why I posted.

Most of u r missing the point of this thread. Thank u; deja true, Lady Z, waspookie6, and Cara, for "getting it". For the record: my posts r usually all about Sherry and/or me. This one is NOT.

This was an infomercial for those interested in latex masks!
This was to show a mask to all, prepared as best I can do. Please understand that I am TERRIBLE at makeup. Someone interested in a mask, and good at makeup, will do a better job than me. I wanted them to see the limitations of the mask, before they bought one and were disappointed. I'm pretty sure their's will look better than mine.
Many of u r also missing the point of masks. They r NOT to go out and pass, they r ONLY FOR US. Some of us prefer NOT to see our male person in our female persona. It/he TURNS ME OFF! I could be the world's best at makeup, it STILL wouldn't work for me!

Sherry's special faces r NOT latex. I make them myself out of thin plastic Halloween masks, and I MUCH prefer her looks to Robert's in makeup or the latex mask. Check the avatar and you'll see what I mean.
I DO appreciate ALL YOUR COMMENTS! Thank u.
RS

Kieron Andrew
02-04-2008, 10:04 PM
Sherry's special faces r NOT latex. I make them myself out of thin plastic
Halloween masks, and I MUCH prefer her looks to the latex mask. Check the avatar and you'll see what I mean.

i still think those are creepy sorry :(

michellebesweet
02-04-2008, 10:23 PM
I think with regular make up and some training on application any man can look like a woman. Look at women out there in public, there are all shapes and sizes, good looks and bad looks. So you will be an ugly woman, they exist, just like ugly men. I have tried my best to look my best and I think it is pretty good, I still look manly, but it is the best I can do, I will not wear a mask, it looks like a mask.

karynspanties
02-05-2008, 06:53 AM
Sorry, but I think there are some deeper issues here. Some things just are not right and this is one of them. I will never look or read at anything posted by this person ever again. Peace out.

bEEb
02-05-2008, 06:58 AM
THANK YOU! For a voice of reason and sanity. I have quietly watched the lynch mob run amok as I pondered the new thread that is now posted.

Shadeauxmarie
02-05-2008, 07:01 AM
I can understand if some people aren't interested in this. What I can NOT understand, is the intolerance.

Read my tagline.

Kelsy
02-05-2008, 07:35 AM
Honest opinions is what we have here! If you are looking for realism in looking like a gg the this is definately not it!! I think it would attract alot of attention if you were to go out in public with the mask. Halloween is about the only time one could venture out in this look.

Kelsy:happy:

bEEb
02-05-2008, 10:05 AM
DRS I notice my supporting post referencing the "Creepyphobes" got deleted. Let's see if this one sticks

Sandra
02-05-2008, 10:09 AM
This thread is done!!!!!!!!!!!