PDA

View Full Version : The Pattern

Farrah
02-04-2008, 10:00 AM
When dressed, is there a woman in your life or anywhere that you try to pattern yourself after. I try to act as innocent as my mother. I try to be as feminine and soft as possible. Tell the woman or women you pattern yourself by when dressed.

tracigirl_tv
02-04-2008, 10:26 AM
Farrah, fascinating question. The truth for me, however, is that I just sort of let the femininity flow, not trying to be her or her or her. Now, there ARE seveal women in my work environment that I take note of, re: accessorizing, makeup, outfits, etc. It's one of the most enjoyable parts of the cd experience, for me.

Kate Simmons
02-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Salandra is patterned after my Grandma. She was a tough and independent, yet caring and gentle person.:happy:

Carly D.
02-04-2008, 11:05 AM
I used to.. though I don't know who.. I guess it would be an image of several women.. now I think I'm starting to adapt to what I think is Carly.. an ongoing transformation of sorts.. not sure what that means for me...

suzy
02-04-2008, 11:09 AM
No pattern with me...go with the flow...how I feel at the moment...:hugs:

Lisa Rose
02-04-2008, 12:58 PM
I'm sure threw the nurturing process we all emulate someone or some things but I'm too independant of all things to admit to 'being' like someone else.

Lidia_tv
02-04-2008, 01:09 PM
When in drab, I observe women, their behavior, and I try to soak in as much as I can and am developing a kind of "generic femininity" of my own.

deja true
02-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Like others, I'm mostly making it up as I go along with input from the many women Ive known personally or seen on the street and admired or seen in the media. But the women that make up a large part of my mental examples are a couple of lovely, intelligent women that I have had the honor to live with over the years. Partings for me were always amicable, dual decision sort of events. So I've never had to be a part of a ferocious, snappy, back-stabbing, argument-strewn break-up. My respect for these women, some of whom I'm am still friends with, is kind of the reason I chose my unusual name. I didn't want to murk up my fond memories of them with my own "strange business". And neither did I want to pick a name out of a hat. I also avoided names of women i knew well, to avoid insulting them in some way.

Sorry, this is a little off topic, but hey, it's all about ME, right?

deja

Maybe I think too much...

Bethany_Anne_Fae
02-04-2008, 03:25 PM
For obvious reasons, I think my twin sister has the biggest influence on my cding.

Zara