PDA

View Full Version : Is It really possible for us to be Happily married?

Farrah
02-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Sometimes I wonder if CDers can actually be married. Cuz when I'm dressed I'm entranced. I don't have ne thing on my mind but dressing. I called in for work today, because i wanted so badly to get a bra fitting. It was great by the way.

Jennifer Lynndon
02-04-2008, 10:43 PM
A happy marriage is tough regardless of the nature of the people involved ... but add in cross dressing and the odds just get tougher.

Holly
02-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Farrah, hon, I hate to burst your bubble, but if your CDing is interfering with your livelihood and if you are that "entranced" with yourself when dressed, than a meaningful reltionship just is not in your future. Please take some time to review your priorities. Best wishes.

Farrah
02-04-2008, 11:08 PM
Farrah, hon, I hate to burst your bubble, but if your CDing is interfering with your livelihood and if you are that "entranced" with yourself when dressed, than a meaningful reltionship just is not in your future. Please take some time to review your priorities. Best wishes.

Well I haven't dressed in about 10 years, maybe thats the reason I am entranced right now. Hopefuly in the next couple weeks I will be able to dress and I will not be so entranced.

docrobbysherry
02-04-2008, 11:14 PM

U nailed me with that comment. It's been a concern of mine for months now!
RS

sissystephanie
02-04-2008, 11:42 PM
I would certainly have to agree with Holly about being "entranced" with yourself while dressed. If it interfers with your work, then you probably will have a tough time in a relationship.

However, speaking as a CD who was happily married to a very supportive lady for over 49 years (she passed away 3 years ago), I have to say a CD can have a happy life! I proved it! The secret is to not have any secrets! Open and honest communication from even before the wedding is the only way.

I told my late wife before we even got engaged. Her response; "do you go out in public dressed?" When I told her "No," she asked me why. I said it was because I was not good with makeup or fixing my wig. She just looked at me and said, "when we are married you won't have that problem since I will do it for you." Gosh, I miss her!:sad:

The main thing you have to remember in a relationship with a GG is that to her you are a man. Even if she knows you are a CD, underneath you are still a man. That has to come first at all times! If you become "entranced" with being a female, you are no longer her man! I always made sure my dear wife knew I was her man! And the darling GGF that I have written about before also knows that, just as she also knows that I CD.

Sissy/Stephanie

Girl outwardly, but all man underneath.

Sherri CD
02-04-2008, 11:51 PM

Well said Holly.

LilSissyStevie
02-05-2008, 02:25 AM
Yes. I've been married to my second wife for 14 years and it just keeps getting better.:love: She supports my CDing and tolerates my banjo playing while I support her horsey stuff and listen politely to her political rantings.:rolleyes: My first marriage was awful and it had nothing to do with CDing. I still can't believe that I stayed in that hell for so long.

In order to have a happy relationship you sometimes have to put your own selfish needs on the back burner for a while. That includes CDing. I read so many posts by gurls who say they can't or won't give it up or even moderate just a little because of this overpowering need they have to dress. Fine, but understand that it might mean you have to fulfill your need alone. For me, being alone sucks more than being in drab. I'm fortunate in the sense that CDing is not an issue in my relationship. But, then again, I'm not always trying to push the envelope.

JoannaDees
02-05-2008, 02:40 AM
Realtionships are overrated. Get happy with yourself. You do NOT need a GG to validate yourself. You don't need anybody. If, by chance, you find that GG that is cool with it fine, but don't hold your breath, nor hold it in hopes of finding HER validation. Why do so many of you worship that? Worship nothing and find peace. Sweet self-induced peace! It's what makes us individuals. The great thinkers of the world were alone, free to be .... yeah ... beeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Sandra
02-05-2008, 03:58 AM
Is It really possible for us to be Happily married?

Well I've been happily married to my hubby for 20 years, so my answer is yes

yms
02-05-2008, 04:49 AM
Sounds like the question is - can crossdressers be gainfully employed!

I know they can be happily married. I am. (So's my wife.) :happy:

UASIANGAL
02-05-2008, 05:18 AM
hmmm.....also the question is "Is there room in there for anyone else?" Seems pretty full in there with you and yourself. What's next, call in for a manicure, a salon day? Why can't you go on your day off? I don't think I would be proud of my wife if she skipped work for a bra fitting. Seem like an oddly put question. Marriage and skipping work? Maybe next time, call in sick and go see a marriage councilor. As much as I like to support everyone here, I don't think I would support being irresponsible. I call them as I see them.

Michelle-NC
02-05-2008, 06:12 AM
Wife and myself have been married for almost 13 years. Sad part is, the tough times were when I was not active in dressing. Now that I have fully embraced this side of me, we are happier than ever. I guess it is true, that you first have to love yourself, to be able to love and be loved fully.

Sally24
02-05-2008, 06:27 AM
Realtionships are overrated.

It's not possible to overate a great relationship! Been married 30 years and it is the best thing that every happened to me! Keep your hopes up, it is possible to have CDing in your life and a beautiful SO!

melissacd
02-05-2008, 07:13 AM
I am learning through two failed marriages that first you must develop a solid relationship with yourself. Understand what it is that you need to be a happy person. Until you can be a happy person in your own company, until you can feel stable and accepting of yourself and what it is that you want, I doubt that any relationship will get very far.

erickka
02-05-2008, 07:20 AM
Stephanie hit the nail on the head. Communication is the root of any successful relationship, second only to holding NO secrets from one another. My wife is intolerant of my dressing, but I told her in the beginning, and we have been happily married for 25 years.

LACD
02-05-2008, 07:24 AM
I have been marrried for 34 yrs to the same woman. I love her very much and she loves me the same. She knew from early on that I dressed but never really said anything. About 3 yrs. ago I finally came fully out to her. She is supportive but diesn' fully understand why I CD. I don't either but hopefully I can find an answer. Until then, I will keep on keeping on. We are happy together and have had our ups and downs.

Kelsy
02-05-2008, 07:26 AM
Balance and honesty are key to maintaining a health relationship with your SO. Is it possible to be married and CD aswell!? Absolutely. It is a complete joy. I love my wife and she loves, accepts and encourages me. Fantastic!!:happy:

Kelsy

tamarav
02-05-2008, 08:04 AM
Happily married 23 years, dress daily for work and my spouse checks out my look before I leave if she is there. I pose no threat to her, she is not intimidated by me (or how I look) and we share everything.

I have no comment on my first spouse...

Tami

Vicky_Scot
02-05-2008, 08:58 AM
Married 18 years this year. So yes it is very possible.

Oh she is also my best friend so that helps a lot.:hugs:

She loves me for me, the whole me and I love her for the whole her.

The only thing we ever fall out over are the kid's.............those with kids will know what I mean. :heehee:

Xx Vicky xX

Angie G
02-05-2008, 09:43 AM
I'm with Holly and I think you are way over the top hun maybe you need some help.
As for marriage this year will be 40 happy years for my wife and I and yes she knows and even helps with it. :hugs:
Angie

KandisTX
02-05-2008, 11:25 AM
My answer is HELL YEAH. We can be happily married as a CD. ;)

As others have indicated though, if CDing is that "entrancing" to you, you should seriously sit back and examine your priorities. Blowing off work for a bra fitting to me seems to be a bit overboard. (Granted, I used to be "sick" to stay home from school so I could raid mom and sis's wardrobes, but that was back in my early years).

Kandis:love:

Bethany_Anne_Fae
02-05-2008, 03:16 PM
Yes, it really is possible. No matter what it is one does in their lives marriage is a challenge, is ever changing/evolving, and when find the right partner there isn't much you can't work out.

Zara

TxKimberly
02-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Yup yup - my wife has been putting up with me for 20 years. :-)

JacquiUKTV
02-05-2008, 08:47 PM
As we approach our 32nd anniversary I can testify that CDs can in fact have a happy marriage. As others have pointed out, honesty is paramount, although not always easy.

: She supports my CDing and tolerates my banjo playing. CDing is not an issue in my relationship. But, then again, I'm not always trying to push the envelope.

Hmpft.....she's never minded me wearing a dress at home but cannot tolerate the banjo (seriously). But since it can be heard two streets away I suppose she may have a point....:rolleyes:

Michelle 51
02-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Well i have to say yes .33 years this spring and for most of us the only mark we will leave in this world is our children.We have 4 and 3 grandkids so long after i,m gone and my femme cloths are in the garbage that will be our mark that she and i were here.

justabit

tanya3
02-06-2008, 04:10 AM
i would say yes . the hard part is finding the right woman and fortunatly i did .

Suzie S.
02-06-2008, 06:16 AM
Absolutely! :love: Next month will be 13 fantastic years of marriage for us! :thumbsup:

Carroll
02-06-2008, 06:34 AM
It took two failed marriages to find the "Third times a charm" girl for me. 9 years of support

Bravesoul
02-06-2008, 06:47 AM
I need to get in on this too, I am also happily married and my wife is very supportive. To me it looks like you have other issues that my need to be addressed. This reminds me of an alcoholic, when drinking effects your life and your job, you an alcoholic. You need help.

:2c:

TerriM
02-06-2008, 08:16 AM
35yr veteran here. My wife has known 25 and still wants no part of my femme side. I have accepted that. The key word for me is Balance. I have many times in the past postponed my dressing because of family or work. Sometimes its hard, but life is hard too.
Terri