PDA

View Full Version : Blind roommate

Jill
02-05-2008, 02:30 PM
I moved into a new place recently and one of my new roommates is legally blind. He can see, I mean it's not like he's blind blind where he has to use a stick or a seeing eye dog, but his vision is very very poor. He mostly keeps to himself, he's quite anti social. I was gearing down to dress privately in my room while I worked on a paper. No sooner had I gotten all dressed when I realized that I really wanted some leftover cake from the kitchen. With one room mate gone and the other watching TV and is legally blind, I just took out my bra fillers and put a sweat shirt over my top and bra. I put a pair of sweat pants on and walked out with my chest poking out a bit from the padded bra and my feet in plain site, clad in jet black hose. I figured there was no way that a man who is legally blind would be able to read me. It went of without a hitch, he didn't even look at me but even if he did I wasn't worried at all.

But now I'm wondering how much I could actually get away with? I'm also wondering how bad his eye sight really is? I've seen him looking for things that are literally right in front of his face and not able to see it. So what do you all have to say about it? How bad is his eye sight really? How much do you think I could get away with while he's around?

Tracy_Victoria
02-05-2008, 02:39 PM
Sorry I Have to answer here as to why you posted this, and how would you feel if the tables were turned.

you post has no sympathy for this guys situation, no wonder he sits in his room, because people keep taking advantage of his situation.

RobertaFermina
02-05-2008, 02:43 PM
Might you be getting a thrill out of the possibility of being read ?

If you play with fire, I suggest asbestos panties.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

deja true
02-05-2008, 02:46 PM
Oh Jill! i think it would be a mistake to do that. Not so much because the chances might be good that you can "get away it", but because, to my mind, there is something about this "game" that makes me feel like your taking advantage of him somehow. Would you do something like this to any other disadvantaged person? If you saw a man in a wheelchair heading for the take out counter, would you rush to get in front of him?

Dressing is not really a game in which we try to get over on people or fool them, whether they know about the charade or not. You show disdain for your roomie and his condition by thinking this.

As another "disadvantaged person" (and you are if you think about it), maybe it would be better if you came out to him. He's sort of a kindred spirit, after all.

Blind people, crippled people, little people, are all people with feelings and emotions just like you, I hope. Be cool, dude. Be human and be humane.

respect (if your good) & love

deja

Jill
02-05-2008, 02:49 PM
Sorry I Have to answer here as to why you posted this, and how would you feel if the tables were turned.

you post has no sympathy for this guys situation, no wonder he sits in his room, because people keep taking advantage of his situation.

You speak as though you know everything about the situation and have emperical knowledge. I have a lot of respect for a person who does not allow a disability to completely ruin their life, he has found ways to function and be independant. I have a lot of respect for him and when I moved in I made a very strong effort to be his friend and get to know him. He has expressed to me that he likes to be alone and likes to be left alone. And in times that I have tried to hang out with him and watch TV with him or something in the living room, he relocates and isolates in his own room. I'm really not sure where you think the lack of sympathy comes in? Am I supposed to sit around with him and feel sorry for him or something? Do you want me to shower him with sympathy and poor you talk? My experience is that a lot of people with disabilities don't want special treatment, they want to be treated like everyone else. When did I say he sits in his room? I didn't, you're making an assumption.

Shelly Preston
02-05-2008, 02:51 PM
You seem to forget their heightened sense of awareness Your roomate may have head something never assume anything

You roomate maybe more understanding than most as they know what its like to be discriminated against

Tracy_Victoria
02-05-2008, 02:58 PM
You speak as though you know everything about the situation and have emperical knowledge. I have a lot of respect for a person who does not allow a disability to completely ruin their life, he has found ways to function and be independant. I have a lot of respect for him and when I moved in I made a very strong effort to be his friend and get to know him. He has expressed to me that he likes to be alone and likes to be left alone. And in times that I have tried to hang out with him and watch TV with him or something in the living room, he relocates and isolates in his own room. I'm really not sure where you think the lack of sympathy comes in? Am I supposed to sit around with him and feel sorry for him or something? Do you want me to shower him with sympathy and poor you talk? My experience is that a lot of people with disabilities don't want special treatment, they want to be treated like everyone else. When did I say he sits in his room? I didn't, you're making an assumption.

Maybe that is the case, however sadly your post to me read, ME, ME, ME! ie "But now I'm wondering how much I could actually get away with?" you also wrote "he relocates and isolates in his own room" it may just be me but I found it very Tasteless, and compassionless toward his situation. and it very much read of how much of an advantage can I use this guys misfortune to my own gain!

Jill
02-05-2008, 03:10 PM
He isolates and relocates to his room when I try to socialize with him, talk to him, hang out with him, watch TV with him, try to be his friend. He chooses to do that, he likes to be alone, he told me so, not because selfish people like me are taking advantage of him. I will admit, my initial reponse is a bit selfish, taking advantage of a situation. But jeez, you make it sound like I am stealing from him or something. You have to admit you came off a little half cocked with this "because people keep taking advantage of his situation." How would you know anything about his situation? Maybe I shouldn't push the limits with him, that's why I am asking other people on here. But since when is crossdressing about other people? My dressing, nobodies dressing is never about someone else, it's always about "me, me, me." I am not the exception to this selfish rule. I guarantee that if many of the people on here had a room mate that was completely blind, hadn't seen one glimmer of light since the day they were born, they would capitalize on the situation saying, he has no idea either way, I'm not hurting him or anyone else. You know that is true.

deja true
02-05-2008, 03:16 PM
"I'm not hurting him or anyone else. You know that is true."

Sorry hon, but you know deep down that it's NOT true.You're hurting yourself!

deja

Jill
02-05-2008, 03:18 PM
I appreciate your response on this, but you took that completely out of context, please re-read what I am saying there. What I am saying is if poeple here had a completely blind room mate, they would dress while he was around, their attitude would be "I'm not hurting him or anyone else." You know they would say that, you know they would do that.

Nigella
02-05-2008, 03:35 PM
But now I'm wondering how much I could actually get away with? I'm also wondering how bad his eye sight really is? I've seen him looking for things that are literally right in front of his face and not able to see it. So what do you all have to say about it? How bad is his eye sight really? How much do you think I could get away with while he's around?

I appreciate your response on this, but you took that completely out of context, please re-read what I am saying there. What I am saying is if poeple here had a completely blind room mate, they would dress while he was around, their attitude would be "I'm not hurting him or anyone else." You know they would say that, you know they would do that.

Sorry but these two statements don't gel. In the first you refer to what you could do, then in the second you want to turn it around to what others would do in your situation.

If you really want to dress around him, then it would only be fair to let him know, despite his disability. As for your comment highlighted in red, well that is certainly wrong, just by taking advantage of his disability is hurting him, whether he knows it or not. Dont treat him any different to the next man.

Nicole Erin
02-05-2008, 03:45 PM
So Jill is wrong but some CD's want to trick others and play a female personna online?

How is what Jill does any different? :rolleyes:

Jill
02-05-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm not usually so defensive but I'm a little frustrated because people keep taking what I say out of context. I'm not saying that's my attitude, I'm saying that's the general attitude of crossdressers in general. I don't post nearly as much as most people on here but I've been on here for years reading what other people have written and if I had a dollar for everytime I've seen someone write "I'm not hurting anyone else," I'd have a enough to buy my own wedding dress. I mean how many people on here have a) "borrowed" someone elses clothes without telling them, b) swiped clothes peoples clothes lines or at the laundry mat, c) tried to get credit cards in their female name d) tried to decieve others into thinking they are a woman on the internet or otherwise. I mean I go on myspace and I see all kinds of CDers say they are a female. And all have done so with the attitude, "I'm not hurting anyone." But the second I talk about pushing limits around someone that is visually impaired and here comes the lynch mob? It seems a bit hypocritical.

So Jill is wrong but some CD's want to trick others and play a female personna online?

Thank you.

Nigella
02-05-2008, 04:03 PM

The difference is when it is brought into the real world.

The beauty of the online world is that people can be who they want to be without fear of hurting anyone else. The internet is anonymous, the likelihood of meeting anyone you have "deceived" is minimal and therefore harmless. Unless you have criminal intent.

The problems set in when personal contact comes into play. Most people you meet in "real life" can see who and what you are. They can use their own senses to determine your place in society.

A person who is visually impaired can only rely on 4 of their senses, and as the main sense is not available to them, they rely on you to be honest with them.

Try this scenario, that same person drops a $100 bill from their wallet and you see it fall. What would you do then. Be honest and give it back to them, be dishonest, pick it up and pop it into your wallet.

Don't say it's not the same thing, it is, you are either going to be honest with them and be up front, or you are going to be dishonest and deceive them.

Nicole Erin
02-05-2008, 04:09 PM
I wonder if this roommate REALLY gives a damn what Jill wears?

And as we know, there is always plenty of deceit in our lives. We hide from family, spouses, coworkers, etc.

Tracy_Victoria
02-05-2008, 04:12 PM

if your daft enough to believe anyone on the internet thats down to you. Acting as another person is just what I am doing now, you know I'm a man that wears a dress, or am I. I might actually be a GG that gets a kick out of pretending to be a crossdresser.

What jill was asking was how far she could take this, get away with this in the real world, and dispite some serious back peddling, her comments in the first post still stand for all to read, and clearly I'm not alone with my perception of how I read it?

KandisTX
02-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Jill,

My advice is to err on the side of caution. Remember, most times if a person has lost one of his senses, the others pick up the slack. While he may be blind, his sense of smell and hearing are possibly more accute. He may be able to smell make-up, or hear the gentle shh of your nyloned thighs rubbing against each other. While he may be blind, I am sure he is not stupid. Your best bet, talk with him. see what he has to say. While you may not be ready to come out to him, he may already have suspicions of his own based on what he has heard or smelled.

Kandis:love:

Jill
02-05-2008, 04:17 PM
The difference is when it is brought into the real world.

The beauty of the online world is that people can be who they want to be without fear of hurting anyone else. The internet is anonymous, the likelihood of meeting anyone you have "deceived" is minimal and therefore harmless. Unless you have criminal intent.

The problems set in when personal contact comes into play. Most people you meet in "real life" can see who and what you are. They can use their own senses to determine your place in society.

A person who is visually impaired can only rely on 4 of their senses, and as the main sense is not available to them, they rely on you to be honest with them.

Try this scenario, that same person drops a $100 bill from their wallet and you see it fall. What would you do then. Be honest and give it back to them, be dishonest, pick it up and pop it into your wallet.

Don't say it's not the same thing, it is, you are either going to be honest with them and be up front, or you are going to be dishonest and deceive them.

Ok, really? Are you serious? So where is my "criminal intent?"

I would like to change the topic of this post, maybe even post a new one, put a poll with it. How many people really think that there is nothing wrong with decieving people online? It's totally harmless and is not the "real world?" The internet doesn't include real people with real feelings? So the internet is just some land of make believe?

if your daft enough to believe anyone on the internet thats down to you. Acting as another person is just what I am doing now, you know I'm a man that wears a dress, or am I. I might actually be a GG that gets a kick out of pretending to be a crossdresser.

What jill was asking was how far she could take this, get away with this in the real world, and dispite some serious back peddling, her comments in the first post still stand for all to read, and clearly I'm not alone with my perception of how I read it?

So even though I may have added additional information and clarified my intentions and feelings and even apologized to some extent you just want to hold me to my initial post and not allow a person to correct and be better? I really am sorry that you were so offended by initial post but why are you so closed and why do you have such a serious grudge against me?

Nigella
02-05-2008, 04:23 PM

Ok, really? Are you serious? So where is my "criminal intent?"

Sorry Jill, this was not aimed at you personally, it was meant as you in general.

If you want to change the topic of the thread, ask a moderator to close it and start a new one with your

I would like to change the topic of this post, maybe even post a new one, put a poll with it. How many people really think that there is nothing wrong with decieving people online? It's totally harmless and is not the "real world?" The internet doesn't include real people with real feelings? So the internet is just some land of make believe?

Jill
02-05-2008, 04:25 PM
I started a new poll on whether or not people feel it is wrong to decieve others about our gender, please visit and vote. Thank you.

Nicole Erin
02-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Jill,

My advice is to err on the side of caution. Remember, most times if a person has lost one of his senses, the others pick up the slack. While he may be blind, his sense of smell and hearing are possibly more accute. He may be able to smell make-up, or hear the gentle shh of your nyloned thighs rubbing against each other. While he may be blind, I am sure he is not stupid. Your best bet, talk with him. see what he has to say. While you may not be ready to come out to him, he may already have suspicions of his own based on what he has heard or smelled.

Kandis:love:

Well Jill, if you do talk with your room mate, you said he seems anti-social, I don't know, do you think it is likely he would spread the word? Are you worried he might somehow know? Jill, if you are wanting someone real life to confide in, maybe he is a place to start? I would imagine he would be less judgemental. Course I don't know...

I cannot help but imagine Jill walking around and someone says "I smell someone CD'ing And wait! That is the sound of hanes silk reflection jet black pantyhose, sheer toe, rubbing together!" :laughing:

But oh my gyod, that nylon swish sound, OH dear lawd! is anything sexier?

Julie York
02-05-2008, 04:44 PM
"Dear Diary,
I am settling in to my new place o.k. I told everyone I am legally blind but as you know that just means I can't see things in focus or drive a car and I can't see clearly through the middle of my eye. My peripheral vision however allows me to make out things enough to get around.
It's been a strange week. One of my room mates......."

It's an interesting thread.

All I can add is....Yeah why not. It's deception, but so is stealing your sister's makeup. You know it's sort of wrong.

Fab Karen
02-05-2008, 04:49 PM
If you were open with your roommates, you "wouldn't be hurting him or anyone else."

RobertaFermina
02-05-2008, 04:50 PM
[...snip...]But now I'm wondering how much I could actually get away with? I'm also wondering how bad his eye sight really is? I've seen him looking for things that are literally right in front of his face and not able to see it. So what do you all have to say about it? How bad is his eye sight really? How much do you think I could get away with while he's around?

Great Questions. He has the answers. Ask Him!

:rose: Roberta :rose:

jaina
02-05-2008, 05:03 PM

Just remember, blind isn't stupid.

Carroll
02-05-2008, 05:23 PM
the way I see it you have two options.Tell him about yourself. He most likely will say you do your thing, and I'll do mine...just leave me alone, or you just don't dress around him at all, as a courtesy.

Kate Simmons
02-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Jill my friend, I am in no position to judge you (or anyone else really). The one thing I'm getting from your OP is that you know the situation better than anyone else as you are there and will have to live with the results of what you decide. So, it's your call Hon in my opinion.:happy:

Kayla_CD
02-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Wow, this post is getting a little crazy. If you think like I think here's what I'm imagining:

"Maybe if I push the envelope far enough I'll get caught, and maybe he'll talk to me about it. It's way easier to get caught than to come out and say it."

Oh, and my friends that are "legally blind" can drive with glasses. Don't think you can fool him very easily.

Jacqui
02-05-2008, 08:18 PM
Jill, not to judge you, but this 1:40 video shows a point that Kandis made.

Do you know Master Po? (not personally!)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WCyJRXvPNRo

Tamara Croft
02-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Hmph.. and people say I take things wrong... I can see from this thread the majority have also... :rolleyes:
But now I'm wondering how much I could actually get away with? I'm also wondering how bad his eye sight really is? I've seen him looking for things that are literally right in front of his face and not able to see it. So what do you all have to say about it? How bad is his eye sight really? How much do you think I could get away with while he's around?I don't think Jill meant any of this in a bad way, I think it depends how you read it. I know Jill, she is one of the most unselfish people on this board, will help anyone, if you knew her job, you'd know she didn't mean this with any malice at all. She isn't taking advantage of anything, not as I see it. Many of you on this board are still in the closet, hiding from your wives/husbands, and then do it when they are out... how is this any different? It isn't is it.

Jill, maybe you should just tell him? then you can live without wondering how much he can actually see.

Genifer Teal
02-05-2008, 11:50 PM
Hmph.. and people say I take things wrong... I can see from this thread the majority have also... :rolleyes:I don't think Jill meant any of this in a bad way, I think it depends how you read it.

Agreed. This is a perfect example of what we need to be careful of here. Text can easily get taken the wrong way. I will ask a friend who is an Opthamologist for an objective answer as to how much a "legally blind" person may or may not see. You will be walking a fine line and risk the possiblity of discovery. Other than that, let your conscience be your guide.

Gen

crusadergirl
02-06-2008, 01:26 AM
I understand the point of your post. You should tell him but i don't think hes going to care. Atlest he will know you trust him. Jill your right though most ppl here would do the samething your doing now. Hiding it from your family could be just as bad as what your doing but i guess it depends on what you see it as. I for one don't think your doing anything that bad.

Angie G
02-06-2008, 01:28 AM
I'm not touching this one
Angie

secretlypsycho
02-06-2008, 01:52 AM

Initially I thought wow, talk about taking advantage, but after a bit more thought I'm not so sure.... although, if you really believed it was 100% okay would you even feel the need to start a thread? Tis a tough one to make a call on from an outside perspective...

Legally blind can mean so many different things, that there is a risk of him seeing & noticing. If you're okay with that, then I guess there isn't really a problem. If you would be happy for him to notice, ask you a question and then to respond with an "oh yeah, I am a crossdresser" then okay, no problem. If however, you really don't want him to know, then don't put yourself in a position where that could happen.

Your call... as with anything, there are consequences, and you have to decide whether you can live with the possible consequences of your actions.

:2c:

Tracy_Victoria
02-06-2008, 03:59 AM
So even though I may have added additional information and clarified my intentions and feelings and even apologized to some extent you just want to hold me to my initial post and not allow a person to correct and be better? I really am sorry that you were so offended by initial post but why are you so closed and why do you have such a serious grudge against me?

Jill

I have nothing against you, I try to treat all people as I would like to be treated myself. however I personally took offence to your original post, and still find it hard to believe you feel you can justify your comments in some way.

.."even apologized to some extent" Where?

the additional information really does not matter to me, the fact of the matter is this guy is almost blind, and you wanted to know if it was a good Idea to prance about in front of him dressed, because he could not see what you were doing.

You would NOT have even rasied this post nor had the thought of doing so if this was a normal sighted guy nor a guy with any other disablity ie if he was deaf. The fact of the matter you even considered this is down to the guy can't actually see, and in my book thats taking advantage! BIG TIME.

Personally Jill, I think you were 1, wrong to even consider it, and 2, I found it taste less to even consider posting it. Yes I fool people in to believing I'm a woman when out, but I don't take advantage of the situation and they only SEE me for what I dressed as, I in no way interact with them, nor do I want to.

I understand this guy prefer his own company, and you have tried to inter act and make friends with him, good for you! However just because thats how he wants to be, doesn't give you a right to do as you outlined, or was it actually you felt it was kind of wrong anyway, and you were actually asking us for the go ahead.

Sorry Jill it's nothing personal about you, or what you and I are, this is about the coments you made in the first post, and to me, they were made in very bad taste. (maybe a mistake) but bad taste all the same.

And again, I'll ask how would you feel if the tables were turned.

And would you have even considered such a thought, if you were living at home and this person was your father?

Tracy_Victoria
02-06-2008, 04:19 AM
I don't think Jill meant any of this in a bad way, I think it depends how you read it. I know Jill, she is one of the most unselfish people on this board, will help anyone,

Sorry Tamara but it's there in black and white in the first post. We all have thoughts that are in bad taste, but we then shake them off and move on, the fact here is not only did she actually consider it, but she actually posted about it on here, as if looking for aproval.

I'm sure Jill is a lovely person inside, and I'm not out to hound her, I have just replied to her comment and put how I feel here, and my feeling is that this was very, very wrong.

Sometimes we do make mistakes, and our saving graces are when we can stand up and admit that we were wrong. not try to make excuses to justify a error of judgement.

(my very last on this matter!)

Tamara Croft
02-06-2008, 04:40 AM
Sorry Tamara but it's there in black and white in the first post. We all have thoughts that are in bad taste, but we then shake them off and move on, the fact here is not only did she actually consider it, but she actually posted about it on here, as if looking for aproval.I don't think so, you jumped right on her as soon as she posted it, because you feel it is in bad taste, I don't agree, it is no different than sneaking around your wife and hiding stuff, lying, cheating etc.. and a lot of CD's here do that... This is her room mate, not her wife/husband etc.. she is doing no harm to anyone, you have just taken this way out of proportion imho.
I'm sure Jill is a lovely person inside, and I'm not out to hound her, I have just replied to her comment and put how I feel here, and my feeling is that this was very, very wrong..Yes she is and you're not out to hound her, could of fooled me by the constant replies to her posts. You feel what she did is wrong, you've told her already, no need to constantly keep going on and on and on about it is there?

Sometimes we do make mistakes, and our saving graces are when we can stand up and admit that we were wrong. not try to make excuses to justify a error of judgement.And I suppose you're an angel and you've never tried to make any kind of excuses for anything in your whole life then? You've been a perfect little person and done no wrong... :rolleyes:

(my very last on this matter!)Good, best thing on this thread you've said yet :thumbsdn:

Nadia-Maria
02-06-2008, 05:33 AM
I have read many interesting things in this thread, since it seems to me of the less hypocrital type than sometimes....

I think there have been essentially a few overreactions of some people here :
1) Jill overreacting to the initial critic
2) overreactions here and there to Jill's failed acceptance of the initial critic.

Just my 2 cents.

Love

Nadia

Tracy_Victoria
02-06-2008, 05:43 AM
I don't think so, you jumped right on her as soon as she posted it, because you feel it is in bad taste, I don't agree, it is no different than sneaking around your wife and hiding stuff, lying, cheating etc.. and a lot of CD's here do that... This is her room mate, not her wife/husband etc.. she is doing no harm to anyone, you have just taken this way out of proportion imho.Yes she is and you're not out to hound her, could of fooled me by the constant replies to her posts. You feel what she did is wrong, you've told her already, no need to constantly keep going on and on and on about it is there?
And I suppose you're an angel and you've never tried to make any kind of excuses for anything in your whole life then? You've been a perfect little person and done no wrong... :rolleyes:

Good, best thing on this thread you've said yet :thumbsdn:

Sorry but that need an anwser mod or not.

Firstly I don't hide or sulk around my wife, so it seem you are just as wrong at jumping to asumption as I am. My wife knows fully about Tracy and has done since day one of our very successful 15year relationship! (shes also a Member here!) Also if you read the thread you will see each of my replies is actually an answer, so it can hardly be classed as jumping on her, all I'm saying is what was suggested in the first post, was I FEEL VERY POOR TASTE (and i'm entitled to say that)

Also I read, and replied as so0n as she posted it, just happened that way, that I was the first one to read it and post a reply!

you're not out to hound her, could of fooled me by the constant replies to her posts

Do you want to read that back again. "ie replies to her posts" that were directed at ME!

no need to constantly keep going on and on and on about it is there?

Sorry! if you read the thread in full, I have each time actually only replied to comments directly made to me, ie a reply to Jill's reply to me!

And I suppose you're an angel and you've never tried to make any kind of excuses for anything in your whole life then? You've been a perfect little person and done no wrong... :rolleyes

As a Moderator you should know better! to make personal comments, and certainly is not your job to take sides? Actually Tamara yes I am an angel, (and often told so!) Due to my job I have to be whiter that white. So if you suggesting that I have very high morals and that I've never been in any form of trouble then maybe yes I am a "perfect little person and done no wrong" Ie I've never been in trouble with the police, never taken drugs (bar perscription) and as you wrongly assumed my partner knows fully of my hobby, but it is of no interest to her. (I'm also CRB and military cleared and Vetted!)

Sorry but if you want to try to belittle me, don't do so, until you can do so correctly!

Vicky_Scot
02-06-2008, 06:00 AM
I am not going to address wither Jill is right or wrong but I would like to address another thing thrown up by this thread.

I do not know any of the people on this board personally or in any other way, so my opinion of this thread is taken from a neutral viewpoint.

Tamara, I can not see where Tracy has done anything wrong as far as I can see. As she said she has posted replies to points direct at her. She made her views known on the OP question.

It seems many forums have the same problem. People ask for opinions, views, advice etc and when people do this then if the OP does not like the answer they get all defensive or abusive or go in the huff.

It seems that Jill asked us a question and she did not like some of the responses she received and got all defensive in this case. What she must realise is that this is what makes a forum work. People giving their points of view.

As a member of a forum you should bear in mind that if you want to ask a question, be prepared to accept you may not like the answers you
receive.

Xx Vicky xX

Tracy_Victoria
02-06-2008, 06:09 AM
Tamara, I can not see where Tracy has done anything wrong as far as I can see. As she said she has posted replies to points direct at her. She made her views known on the OP question.

THANK YOU

it also now might be a good point to close this thread.

Tamara Croft
02-06-2008, 07:24 AM
As a Moderator you should know better! to make personal comments, and certainly is not your job to take sides?Get it right at least, I am NOT a moderator, I am an Administrator! And who are you to tell me what is and isn't my job here? You would do well to remember I am also a MEMBER!! and I am entitled to my opinions.

If you actually read my post correctly, I never said YOU PERSONALLY sulked.. infact I never used that word... or cheated around your wife, I said
I don't agree, it is no different than sneaking around your wife and hiding stuff, lying, cheating etc.. and a lot of CD's here do that... Did I mention your name in that sentence? No, I did not...

You're quick enough to jump on Jill because you don't agree with what she said, that's ok is it? but if I jump on you, that's wrong, I should know better because I'm staff here?
Ie I've never been in trouble with the police, never taken drugs (bar perscription) and as you wrongly assumed my partner knows fully of my hobby, but it is of no interest to her. (I'm also CRB and military cleared and Vetted!)I never once mentioned your partner, how did you come to that conclusion? and I needed to know your military cleared and vetted for what reason? I couldn't care less...

I also never suggested you had 'high morals'... but seeing as you've so boldly clarified that, how about you get down off them!

it also now might be a good point to close this thread.Isn't your thread to close, maybe you should stop posting in it!

Tracy_Victoria
02-06-2008, 07:59 AM
I also could not care less also about your comments, so maybe we should leave our differences there. However I've done nothing wrong here, and I will express my views if I want to, no matter how much you wish to rebuke them.

Personally I don't think it does yourself any favours, but carry on if you wish.

ShortSkirtCindy
02-06-2008, 10:23 AM
Hello Jill,

I have been following this post as well, but hesitant to respond as I do not like to get into moral opinions when it comes to the nature of crossdressing, as everyone has a take on it, IMO there are too many dynamics to situations we have been in and what kind of decisions we make to live out our lives as crossdressers, with the majority in the closet.

Personally, I would find it creepy to be living with and dressing around someone that is legally blind without their knowledge, but that is just me.

You are the one that is living with him and have a better handle on your situation. No one on this Board knows better than you, so I will leave it there.

Back to your original post, you mentioned "One of my Roomates is legally blind".

I am assuming that you have at least one other roomate and just curious if that would pose a problem in dressing why you are at home? Does your other roomate know that you are a crossdresser?

I wish you luck in whatever you choose.

Peace, Cindy

Sally2005
02-06-2008, 01:30 PM
Jill,

My thoughts... you have to ask your roommate. Ask him about his sight and if he is okay talking about it. If he says he can't tell what people are wearing from 10 feet away then you have your answer.

The thing is, even if someone doesn't see you (vision or not), it might make them feel uncomfortable if they know that you are hiding something from them (if they were to notice something). My guess is the guy may be accepting if he knew just because of his isssue. The issue about him wanting to be alone is okay, some times people just need space to do their own thing...he may understand your need to do your own thing. So ask him if he minds you walking around the house with only underwear or nothing on so you can feel him out about CDing in front of him.

PameeSue
02-07-2008, 04:25 AM
Jill,
I lean more toward your side of this 'debate'....not to say that is right or wrong... but I dont see the negative side of asking what you asked.

To me its not much different than having a deaf roomie, and playing my music as loud as I liked, as long as the vibrations were not too much for my non hearing roomie.

I live in a multi-unit building and often fetch my mail enfemm, I dont knock on everybodies door to announce I'm doing it tho....if I hear someone in the hallways, I step back and wait till they go. If they were all blind, I'd probably walk down half naked, in a bikini <wink> no less....well, maybe less! <laugh>
How many of us 'sneak' private dressing time from our unknowing SO's (and almost every other for that matter), for years and years....talking about how much we are 'getting away with'...its hypocritical!

thats my bang on the hornets nest!:2c::2c:

Suzie