PDA

View Full Version : Can you believe it?

Kate Simmons
02-07-2008, 04:26 AM
When you think about it, we have it pretty good. We have the somewhat unique opportunity to come here and discuss things that are our on our minds with like minded people. We have a lot of freedom to discuss thoughts and feelings that may seem "forbidden" to others in society. In many cases, we actually get to live our dreams. That is no mean feat in this day and age.

I often look at the avatars of you lovely ladies here and imagine what you look like as guys. Many of us look absolutely nothing like our guy selves and therein lies the uniqueness of it all. We can talk about things and explain our feelings to others(who are not CD's) until we are blue in the face but in all honesty there are just some things that only another M T F CDer would understand because it is what we do and who we are and is sometimes hard to put into words really. It's not always just about the clothes.

The nicest part is that we can talk about anything and everything. We can talk cars or sports one minute and bras, wigs or pantyhose the next and not feel the least bit funny or ashamed about it. This is certainly true with myself and my local CD friends when we get together. We run the full gamut of subjects when we get togther and anything is possible really and the result is a good feeling and having a lot of fun together. We share a very special kind of comradery that many others will never feel in that we get to experience the best of both "worlds".

The other thing is that we are not afraid to express our feelings with other guys and we can share our dreams, hopes and fears without fear of being humiliated. The point is that we are all real people who really count and who really make a difference by demonstrating we are not afraid to be ourselves despite the seeming tide against us sometimes. That is refreshing to me and makes my day when I read about your accomplishments and adventures. It makes me believe that there may be some hope for this world after all with great folks like you all around. We may feel like we are "spinning or wheels" sometimes but when you really look at it we and the TG community in general have accomplished a lot.It's all about people being people really and the real human adventure is just beginning.:happy:

PameeSue
02-07-2008, 04:52 AM
Nice post Salandra,

I have become more whole and understanding since trading my boxers n socks for panties n stockings!
We have a very unique perspective from the blending, growing and sharing we go through on our journeys.
We have all climbed onto the shoulders of others that have passed this way, and may our strides be our own even if our heels are borrowed!

luv and:hugs:
Suzie

racquel
02-07-2008, 04:56 AM
Excellent post Salandra.While I also enjoy spending time with other males,I find that I am accepted by the females in my life to a degree no other males are.Not only those who "know" about me but most women.For this I am eternally grateful as my admiration for women knows no bounds.

Angie G
02-07-2008, 10:30 AM
I agree Salandra :hugs:
Angie

joann07
02-07-2008, 10:37 AM
You took the words right out of my mouth! :)
It couldn't have been said any better.
Great post. :thumbsup:

Hugs!

docrobbysherry
02-07-2008, 11:16 AM
Salandra, I think u r quite up front here and in person. But many of us r NOT! I mean me. This forum allows US everything u said, and MORE.
Because we r discussing things with 'friends", yet we can remain annonomous!

I don't know about others, but that works for me!
It allows me to discuss my innermost feelings and frailties, and know they won't be thrown back in my face at work, or from someone I know, in person.

I'm not at the point in my life where I have come to terms with me CDing, and I still have the need to play "games" and keep my "secret" from people I know and family.

As a man, I have NOT reached the place in my life where I can reveal all my intimate secrets and emotions, even to old friends and relatives.
I believe this forum offers the opportunity to move on to that happy, centered place.
Much as u appear to have done, Rich!
RS

donnapink
02-07-2008, 01:46 PM
Bravo! You insight is marvelous ,it is exactly how I feel. It is so nice to have someone who
understands this life we lead. This sight makes me feel at home with all of you whom share
the same experiences. It is amazing!

Deborah Jane
02-07-2008, 01:57 PM
You said it Salandra!! I guess thats the beauty of this place:happy:

Darla in Pa.
02-07-2008, 02:46 PM
As always you have managed to express your opinion in a very diplomatic way that no one could possibly take offense too. Hopefully your insight has brought out the real meaning of this site. Like a lighthouse in the fog we flock here for all kinds of reasons. A Sanctuary of sorts for a very diverse group of people. I'm thankfull that I found it. Darla

darla_g
02-07-2008, 02:57 PM
tis true

Nicole Erin
02-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Yeah I think we are lucky to have this Internet thing too, especially cause God knows how much it helps us girls get in contact and all that.

Now wondering what we look like as guy selves, well, honestly, I have never seen a drabbed out CD that looked particularly feminine. But doesn't that make en femme all the sweeter?

With talking about anything, tis true. You nice ladies tolerate my heavy metal discussions, that says plenty. And with the cars and whatever. It IS nice to be able to talk about femme things to GM's and no one says anything like "that is weird" or "why would you want to..."

Salandra, it is good you found your way here [probably long before I did] cause you seem to really enjoy this place a lot :)

Well I am off to see what else is about this forum...

carolinewalker_2000
02-07-2008, 05:38 PM
I agree Salandra; the coming of the internet and suddenly finding that one was not alone and that there are alot of sisters our there was a real cathartic moment for me. Then joining this forum and getting involved with the various conversations has REALLY helped me understand more about myself. So, "thanks to all you wonderful ladies"!

Ruth
02-07-2008, 06:03 PM
Another great post Salandra. You have such a way with words. Sometimes it's like reading my own thoughts, but written by somebody else. Keep it coming!

Stargirl
02-07-2008, 06:12 PM
All of you girls and guys, are very kind to the open minded, supportive GG's like myself who wander in, to learn, and share. You are easy to talk to, even when we don't agree on everything. No combat, just "lively discussions". Thanks Salandra, and all of my "Special Sisters".

Jazzmine
02-07-2008, 06:31 PM
So many good insightful posts Salandra. You have the ability to keep us grounded with observations about things we take for granted.

I agree with RS - the CD/internet community gives me the opportunity to think and feel things I wouldn't normally approach on my own. I have learned so much from everyone here. I have been challenged in my thinking and found ways to see life as other's do.

I also have taken lessons and attitudes learned here into real life and so in that regard the internet is a real organism that manifests itself through our real life actions.

Finally, the energy of the support from all the girls here is overwhelming. If we were all in one spot for just a day, global warming would be hurried along by a few decades!!!

Hugs Jazzmine
PS Now we've finished the back slapping, can we get back to scrapping with each other?

RobertaFermina
02-07-2008, 07:32 PM
A lot of light has been shed on a lot of dark places.

A lot more joy has been brought to many.

A lot of anguish has been shared, and, often, I hope, somewhat relieved.

A lot of truth has been spoken, and heard

I started CD'ing with intention...that is, went from "drifting into CD'ing" to "stepping into CD'ing"...in Dec 2006.

That is also the month I found this Community.

I have also found KewtNKurvy, my S.O., here!

A huge amount of the joy in my life has been rooted amongst, and watered by all of you.

Just Awesome.

:rose: Blessed ! :rose:

Cristi
02-07-2008, 08:16 PM
One effect it is having on me is that it is making me feel that my CDing is more 'normal'. Before sites like this, there was still a feeling of isolation, but now I feel that CDing is just another thing that some people do... and I'm not as afraid of what might happed if anybody I know finds out.

Now my attitude has changed about 180 degrees. If people find out about my CDing and can't handle it, it is THEIR problem, not mine! All of this because, thanks to this community, I don't feel like I need to hide as much anymore.

I'm not saying I'm going to jump right out and start wearing a skirt to work. All other things being equal, I don't really feel the need to be 'in the spotlight' all the time like I would be if I were to come out completely. But I can dress at home, or go out on occasion, and not feel like there is anything WRONG with me.

In the long run though I will probably be more likely to come out (either entirely, or at least to more than just my wife) because of the feeling of normalcy I've gotten from this site.

In a way, this could almost be a negative. This site has made me feel so relaxed about my dressing that I almost can't understand how anybody COULD have any issue with it, so I might be a little more careless about keeping things private when I'm really not ready to be 100% 'out' yet.

Sally24
02-07-2008, 08:25 PM
This forum has become my favorite place on the Internet. I have to check daily to see what interesting post has appeared from somewhere in the world. It's great to be able to talk with so many gurls of different backgrounds and ages. It's almost as good as dressing, when I can't do that.

Keep up the great conversations everyone!

suspender
02-08-2008, 02:28 AM
You all are a great bunch of people. the people who have responded have good hearts. Salandra has opened some soul seeking comments, all of which I agree with. In 100 years all of us will be gone, but it is what we do now that counts.

waspookie6
02-08-2008, 04:08 AM
Salandra m'dear,
You are one of many here that has helped this GG to understand and support her DH in *all* aspects of his life, not just the outside ones.

Not that I didn't have respect or understanding of all walks of life, this is just one of those places where the support for everyone help keep us centered and non-judgemental. Not sure why but at some point *I* allowed myself to become less flexible - I am on the path to remedy that due to you and so many others here sharing their lives, their hopes, their dreams all in the open.

Thank you and many of you here. You are all keeping us moving forward instead of back :bighug:

Kate Simmons
02-08-2008, 04:38 AM
Well Hon, In many ways life is like a poker game. How well do we handle the hand we've been dealt? It requires skill,experience, insight and instinct and our ability to know other people. We have to know when to hold and when to fold, when to call and when to bluff. CDing is no different in that respect. It's not so much if we "win" or "lose", it's how we play the game and and win or lose, it's possible to gain a lot of respect(especially from friends and loved ones) if we play it well.:happy: