PDA

View Full Version : brother and sister love

thatgirl
02-07-2008, 06:02 PM
ok, I have been having some thought about what im going through. This is not about me, i know myself every well. This thing is I know im going to have to come out to my brother and sister someday. myparent know. For my sister and here little family is going to be alot of emotion going on, and i know for a fact already that she will be supportive and finaly have a little sister. But as for my brother, my closest best friend in the world, it going to be hard on me, and right now i feel the sadness going on in my heart right now.:( It bothers me that im not going to be his little brother anymore, we are only 1 1/2 years apart. I think he kinda know about me but im not sure. He ask me like month ago if i was gay im not, im bisexual, but i sad no, he said even if i was he was ok with it. That right there showed me that he is supportive.

Deborah Jane
02-07-2008, 06:41 PM
Hiya Misty, take it slow and easy, be prepared for a lot of questions from your brother and sister! I hope it goes well for all of you,,Good luck:hugs:Debs

SweetCaroline
02-07-2008, 06:57 PM
I suppose it's different for everyone. My parents know I'm a crossdresser, and I have two brothers who also know. I came out to them after Thanksgiving diner last year.

I also have an older sister who does not know yet, even tho I consider myself fully out. Both my mother and I agreed it was best not to tell her, for several reason. Primarily, she can be very emotional, and I'm afraid she might try to "blame herself" for me being a crossdresser (which is far from true). Plus she has three school aged boys, who are adopted, and I don't think it would be fair to her if they ever found out.

Yet I'm pretty sure she knows.

From my experience, I think you'll find, most of the time, the family you grew up with already knows, especially if you are like me and have been dressing since childhood. So coming out is usually not a shock. Just be sure to make sure they know you are still the same person, and usually, all will go well.

Good luck coming out.:thumbsup:

Susan.
02-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Better you than me. I have no idea how my 2 sisters would react. The one I like best would probably hate it and the one that I am not close to would probably like it.

In any case, if they want specifics just tell them that you are a Plano crossdresser. :winking:

Eugenie
02-07-2008, 07:28 PM
From your post, it seems that your sister and brother may be rather understanding and that your brother may already have some hints about your being different...

I wuold really like to be in a position to speak about my x-dressing to my two brothers and to my sister... But at my age, things may be a little more complex... They have known me as a male for too long now... In addition I am the eldest so they have an image of their older brother that my coming out would destroy...

I have told my wife and my children who have accepted even though they don't want to se me "en femme"... I have told some friends but I don't think I'm ready to tell my brothers... :o

:hugs:
Eugenie

TG-Taru
02-08-2008, 08:37 AM
If you're "just" a CD, you'll still be his little brother, only you sometimes look like a little sister. I wouldn't worry about that aspect too much, just get across that you're still you and still his brother, just this thing in addition to that.

Angie G
02-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Hope it works out for you for you Misty good luck hun :hugs:
Angie

Daintre
02-08-2008, 11:09 AM
All my sisters know, my parents are deceased. They know because my ex outed me to them and all our friends when we divorced. In a perverse way, I am glad she did, it sorted my friends out to who were true friends, and , my sisters.....all 4 of them just said, we stand behind our brother and support him in all he wants to do. I thank my ex for pushing me into finally letting my demons go.

KandisTX
02-08-2008, 12:45 PM
I have two sisters, both know and the one I would have expected to be the most supportive is quite the opposite. The other (the baby sister), is quite supportive and even sends me stuff on occasion for Kandis.

Kandis:love:

Bethany_Anne_Fae
02-08-2008, 12:48 PM
I had one sister (twin), she's still with me and very supportive. My family knows and are also supportive. I have a ton of friends within the Ren-Faire circuit and all of them know. The only negative things I've experienced with the last group is that the "manly men" don't talk to me as much anymore.

*hugs*

Zara

KandisTX
02-08-2008, 12:52 PM
I had one sister (twin), she's still with me and very supportive. My family knows and are also supportive. I have a ton of friends within the Ren-Faire circuit and all of them know. The only negative things I've experienced with the last group is that the "manly men" don't talk to me as much anymore.

*hugs*

Zara

Zara,

Please check your PM's hon ;)

Kandis:love:

Kayla_CD
02-08-2008, 12:54 PM
It sounds from your post that you have a very supportive family. I would imagine that parents would be the hardest to tell (with the generational difference and all) and they already support you. I'm sure it will be tough on them at first, but you'll have a stronger relationship because you've been honest with them.

Stephanie-L
02-08-2008, 07:05 PM
My parents are older (Dad is almost 90) and I don't think anything will be gained at this point by telling them. Also they do not live nearby. Of my siblings, I would tell the one sister I am close to, the others would not understand. My other sister would probably get very emotional and start crying, then she would try to figure a way to use it against me. This sister was grown and married before I was born, so she is not close to me, and resents my fathers attention to me. So, I definatly would pick and choose who in the family I would tell.........Stephanie