PDA

View Full Version : on crossdresser

slamddoger
02-07-2008, 08:01 PM
is it easer to go out in big city or small city and is there any safaty tips on going out

joann07
02-07-2008, 09:52 PM
is it easer to go out in big city or small city and is there any safaty tips on going out

I don't think it really matters honestly. As long as you dress appropriately and present yourself properly then you'll blend in wherever you are.
Howver, in bigger cities, of course, there are more people which could make any CDer nervous, especially if its their first time, but on the other hand in smaller cities, there's a chance you might run into someone you know.

I live in a pretty big city so I mostly go to areas where I know I won't run into anyone who knows me. However, I have been venturing out closer to home because I'm confident in myself that I can pass very well as woman.

One thing I would not do is go to bad areas of town. That's a given.
If there are areas where there are GBLT friendly stores, restaurants, bars, businesses, etc, etc., then I would start there first because you can go out and be accepted as who you are. ;)
I can't think anything else off the top of my head, but just be confident, courteous, friendly, and smile because your a woman. :)

Hugs!

Suzy Harrison
02-13-2008, 05:36 AM
I guess it depends what you mean by small city.

I've been out a lot in both small (towns) and large citys. When I say small I mean population of 30,000 and large about 1,500,000 people

I've found the larger city to be better. More shops, more people and everyone is dressed to a higher standard (more office workers). It's an advantage when more people are about, I know it sounds daft, but it's true. You are more likely to be lost in a crowd of people than just walking down the street all on your own.
I always feel more comfortable in a large city.

Angela Burke
02-13-2008, 05:47 AM
Excellent advice from Joann and Suzy.
It is easier to lose yourself in a large city, but every large city has no go areas that the innocent can unknowingly walk into. I suppose your ideal situation would be to go out in a large city with other girls like yourself who know where to go and not to go.

Nicki B
02-13-2008, 06:15 AM
You may feel more uncomfortable in a large crowd, in daylight - but you will be much safer?

Eugenie
02-13-2008, 07:48 AM
Depending upon the region where it is located, people living in a small city are more likely to have conservative attitudes than peole living in a large city.

I have no experience with going out in small cities though... I only went out in very large cities Brussels and Paris. I don't count the few minutes I spent in the streets of Manhattan as really going out...

With regard to crowded places, indeed it feels safer to be in semi crowded streets that in extremely crowded or on the contrary almost emply streets...

Then there are quarters where it is better not to go out "en femme"...

:hugs:
Eugenie

Butterfly Bill
02-13-2008, 03:41 PM
In many ways I have found it to be easier in small towns. As for safety instructions:

Avoid places where there are drunks and darkness.

You are usually safer in the daytime than at night.

Don't go any place you don't think a real woman would feel comfortable going.

Act like it's normal, don't act defensive or nervous.

DanaJ
02-13-2008, 03:46 PM
There is a huge sticky thread on top of this forum about safety, click the link below:
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71172

Kayla_CD
02-13-2008, 03:52 PM
It also depends on what you want to do when you're going out. The biggest advantage of big cities is that they nightclubs that are very friendly to, if not specifically for, T-girls. If that's your scene, it's usually only in bigger cities. Here in Toronto, you could walk through "the village" and the only attention you'll get is by men who love your look. You could also walk down through the busiest mall in the city, where everyone has that "seen it before" attitude. You could be non-passable and not get bothered, or barely passable and go unnoticed. I've never been a small town person, so I can't speak about that as well, but I know people in the right areas of the city are indifferent or positive. My advice, start in the gay district (even if you're straight), it's the absolute safest.