PDA

View Full Version : Conquering those silly old fears!

MsJoann
02-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Was planning on dressing/going out last night (which I did)...but needed to purchase some nylons.
Stopped by the local grocery store...went up to the display ansd grabbed 2 boxes of panty hose.
Not to my surprise, I looked way at the other end of the long aisle, and there was a bank teller (bank in front of store) staring at me. It kinda gave me an old feeling of guilt...like I'm not supposed to be buying nylons.
That was nothing compared to the surprise which lay await for me.
I took my purchase to the self-checkout and there was a youing girl monitoring the scanners. They usually see each item your buying on her screen.
Well....it finally happened...one pair of nylons wouldnt scan and the machine's voice instructed me to re-scan....which I did. Then the scanner instructed me to place the item on the scanner and wait for an attendant!!
It was so darned funny. The girl came over and took the nylons. She then proceeded to write up the purchase on her note pad. While writing this item up, another young guy and girl attendant came over and was watching.
The girl didnt make any comment but was rather cool. I remained confident looking without looking like a nervous wreck.
That gal actually had multicolored hair and a stud thru her upper lip...so with the way she looked, who was she to make comments?
The old days of nervous sweats are well behind me by years. Situations like this come up from time to time, so I just wanted you gurls to be aware that those scanners frequently spit-out errors and require the presense of an attendant.

Michelle-NC
02-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Good for you Joann! There's no need to feel guilty or ashamed!

Christina Louise
02-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Well done Joann. An audience of 3 people just to see your nylons - is that a record?

waspookie6
02-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Goodness...for so long men have been sent to buy pantyhose and "other" things by their wives that I doubt anyone would think otherwise. What I have heard from many friends as clerks are "people steal pantyhose more than any other item". They tend to watch anyone who seems uncomfortable looking at them let alone purchasing them.

It wasn't you!

JoAnnDallas
02-08-2008, 04:35 PM
Congrads.......I regularly buy fem clothing at places like Walmart and just use the normal checkout lines. One of my last purchages at Walmart, a SA came up and asked if I need any help. I decided to see how she would react, so I asked her if the top went with the skirt OK. She looks at the top and skirt and says they go together great. She then asked if I needed any Accessories. I said sure, so off the the jewelry area we go. She helps me pick out a pair of clip-on earrings and neckless. Then she asked about shoes. So again we are off to the shoe department. I tell her my size and we look and find a few pair. She hands me a pair of the nylon footsy things and I try on each pair. We decide on a pair. She then askes if I need anything else. I said "No and thank you for your help". She said "Anytime" I then goto a checkout stand and the checkout person rings me up without any comments.

Carol A
02-08-2008, 06:08 PM
Jo Ann,
I had something like that happen at a Payless shoe store. A young lady came up and ask if I needed help and not thinking I said" I wonder if they will fit". Well she disappeared and returned with a pair of those footies and told me to wear these and try them on. She was so cool and never blinked and eye and went about her business.:heehee:

deja true
02-08-2008, 06:51 PM
Yup,same thing happened to me when I went to buy some tight jeans. I asked the SA for help in sizing and she spent half an hour running around getting many styles for me while I kept trying them on. Friendly and professinal the entire time. Very pleasant experience. (I got the really tight ones with the rhinestones on the back pocket!)

deja

Eugenie
02-08-2008, 06:53 PM
It kinda gave me an old feeling of guilt...like I'm not supposed to be buying nylons.
But why oh why wouldn't you be supposed to buy nylons... :rolleyes:

Lots of men buy panty hoses or nylon stockings for their wife (or SO). There is absolutely nothing to feel guilty about buying panty hoses or nylon stockings.

Relax... Actually it is if you're not relaxed that you may attract the attention of sales attendents or worse, of the security wardens who may think you are stilling something... But no one will think you are a crossdresser because you buy panty hoses or nylon stockings...

:hugs:
Eugenie

Jennifer Marie P.
02-08-2008, 07:57 PM
Joann, don't be embarrased about nothing it hapended to me once and the SA didn't even looked at me and I was en femme and you might never even see them the sales associates again. For pantyhose and panties try to shop in larger stores like Macy's or JC Penny's

sherryR
02-08-2008, 08:09 PM
samething here Wal-Mart self checkout with a nice pink srtrapless bra that wouldnt scan. she punched in the numbers and walked away

crusadergirl
02-09-2008, 02:47 AM
That happens to me alot mostly when i buy panties are a bra. It didn't bother me then but if i did it now i think it mite. I haven't done it in so long. Its good your getting your getting to the point where its natural.

Lidia_tv
02-09-2008, 04:08 AM
It took me a while to overcome my fears and feeling unpleasant about buying articles of feminine clothes, but it was worth overcoming them. Now I'm regularly buying with confidence and ease, not caring much what the cashiers think.

dakota_ann69
02-09-2008, 04:19 AM
Way to go!! I am quite experienced in this area as I used to do most of the shopping for my wife when we got married. She sent me to the store to buy some feminine hygeine products for her. After the first time now it really doesn't even bother me anymore. The self checkouts weren't around then so of course I had to go through the regular checkout line. Great prepartion for me to go do my own shopping now.

T_gurl_tia
02-09-2008, 06:03 AM
a year or so ago i was in a local Walgreens store to get something for my wife, and saw that l'eggs were on sale buy one get one free......well....who can pass that up, so i grabbed 8 pairs of hose and headed for the register, the lady working at the register(younger lady) said...."ill bet these will look great on you" which excited me a little bit, but also gave me that "nervous feeling" but again.....i just couldnt pass up the buy one get one free:happy:

Dawn Marie
02-09-2008, 06:58 AM
Now that's keeping your cool, but like everyone else has said most SA'a don't really care what you're buying, just as long as you are buying. I use to be apprehensive about buying certain things too, but got over that a long time ago. Now I just get what I need and go to the checkout stand.