PDA

View Full Version : Withdrawal symptoms?

Christina Louise
02-10-2008, 09:34 AM
I've been trying to change some things about my life this year, and as a result I went to a monthly get-together of local girls during this past week for the first time. I was in drab - I haven't dressed for >2 years and even then it was not much more than dabbling - but I enjoyed the evening so much that I have told them that next time I will dress (which will be my first public outing). The following day I had a long chat with the organizer about various things and together with exchanging msgs with some of the girls, I had a couple of days where CDing was on my mind the whole time.

But then boring real life returned and I just feel very depressed; there are some other negative factors but this sudden lack of CD involvement has definitely been significant. Having a proper facial wash and a full-body moisturizing this morning has provided a bit of a pick-me-up, maybe it's the scent that did it.

I've always been closeted and so all this openness with other people about dressing is still very new to me. Is this degree of mood swing common and does it lessen with experience? Or is more crossdressing involvement the only answer?

An afterthought: maybe it's the first signs of cold feet about next month...

jill s
02-10-2008, 01:15 PM
After coming out to my wife last year it has been on my mind EVERYDAY ! Not sure if coming out has increased the need, or if an increase in need drove me out of the closet. I have noticed that many of us MTF go thru some major changes in or 40 and 50's. What is the thing with the goose and BOO?

Christina Louise
02-10-2008, 01:20 PM
...What is the thing with the goose and BOO?

Have you never heard of the phrase "Wouldn't say boo to a goose" meaning a shy wimp. That is how I have usually been but in recent weeks I have been gaining a lot in confidence. Feeling down is a bit of a backward step.

Nicki B
02-10-2008, 02:09 PM
Is this degree of mood swing common and does it lessen with experience?

Yes - and probably.. :)

jill s
02-10-2008, 02:09 PM
Ah, the difference in our common language. We would say scared of your own shadow or some such rubbish. Hang on cross dressing can be a roller coaster ride for some of us. Got to go.

Carly D.
02-11-2008, 10:43 AM
wow more than two years without dressing and then boom you're in the deep end again.. well I think that would happen to me as well, actually it does happen to me.. but after a few weeks.. and yes I go through the same thing where I won't wear and then bingo, I'm in deep, head to toe garb.. and then even when I'm doing the normal everyday activity I think of dressing up again, as soon as possible...