PDA

View Full Version : Initial thoughts and feelings on my CD journey thus far

Jenny_J
02-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Unlike many here I am in some ways at the very beginning of this journey and yet it feels on some level like I have been on it all along. I am on one hand hoping that the excitement on all levels that comes from dressing even the small bit that I can right now never fades. I also know however that there is something much deeper in it for me and I want that aspect to never go away either. I am not sure if I am alone in that or not, but when I read some of the posts here it amazes me at the insight gained by many of you on your journies. I am also learning much about another side of my personality which I have always known about to an extent but it now has a name finally. I have reason to believe I have Asperger's though I do not have a formal DX yet. I am not sure if I will get one at this point or not. I did look at some posts here regarding possible links with CD and Asperger's and on the web. I know Aspies are supposed to be missing many of the feminine traits (reading of body language etc.) I actually wonder though if CDing might actually be therapeutic for Aspies especially since they are more sensitive than most to outside stimuli and it may help develop the feminine side and thus help with the issues regarding body language, social cues etc. Just a thought. I think that is one of many things I hope to gain from walking this path myself. I would love to know what your thoughts are on all this.