PDA

View Full Version : Looking Like a Woman is Not Enough

Laurie909
02-11-2008, 02:02 AM
When I dress up I not only want to look like a woman, I want to look like an attractive woman. If I don't think I look pretty I get depressed, which is why I haven't fully dressed and gone out lately.

Any others feel this way?

crusadergirl
02-11-2008, 02:28 AM
I feel the same way. If i don't look good i'm not going out at all.

Eugenie
02-11-2008, 03:07 AM
If I don't think I look pretty I get depressed,

I'm just trying to look like a woman... And that's already a big stunt... :heehee:

Like any woman I like to look my best... But there is a long way between looking my best and looking pretty...

Actually I don't mind too much. Perhaps it is due to my age and to the fact that I am rather plump...

I now try to dress and use makeup like women do in their day to day activities: a lot less fancy than I used to try to do earlier on.

:hugs:
Eugenie

Shelly Preston
02-11-2008, 03:43 AM
I think mostly we all try to look the best we can for any given situation

There will be times however when it will just be the minimum we feel we need to do

A lot will depend on the time available to dress

If not dressing much then you will make a goood effort to look as goood as possible

If 24/7 you will have times when its not so important to look your very best :2c:

Kate Simmons
02-11-2008, 04:00 AM
Well, you said it yourself Laurie, it's not JUST the look it's the demeanor. It applies to everyone really. A happy and confindent person radiates that, not just to themself but everyone. Sometimes we set standards for ourselves which are unrelistic. Hey, I'm no Cindy Crawford but since I'm not (and never will be), I work with what I have. This puts me in touch with the true beauty, which is within. The outside package is merely a reflection of that no matter which mode we are in and our outlook is the true determiner of our self perception.:happy:

O2B Barbara
02-11-2008, 05:45 AM
If I am dressed at all I also want to look attractive & feminine as much as I can. Since accepting my dressing I also try to look a bit better when in drab. Being attractive to me is doing the best with what I have to work with. Haven't gone out and about yet, soon I hope.

deja true
02-11-2008, 07:46 AM
Yes, O2BBarb, I agree. I almost never dress just to get the nice stuff on. Even alone, it's important to me to try for the best. AND, this tendency has also moved over to my man side. Even if it's just jeans and a T-shirt, I try to be well groomed and presentable. Being happy being deja has made me more happy being man/me!

deja

Angie G
02-11-2008, 08:15 AM
Most of the time I don't even put on make up on a lot of the time I may just put some lipstick on I don't go out so it only for me and what I do makes me happy. I do some time get made up if I have the time. It's just not that important to mr to be 100% all the time. :hugs:
Angie

AshleyM
02-11-2008, 09:27 AM
Given the amount of time I have depends on how much effort I can put into it. Most of the time I will put on lipstick and some makeup as I work in the morning, but I love when I have a lot of time to get all dressed up. I don't go out so it is only for me.

Carly D.
02-11-2008, 10:07 AM
I would settle for passing.. that in itself would make me as attractive as I'd want to be and feel I think..

darla_g
02-11-2008, 10:36 AM
understand where you're coming from!
it is my goal as well

kathy001
02-11-2008, 10:36 AM
If GGs have an extremely bad hair day :eek:

and don't feel like this :doll:

they may end up doing this:Pullhair: or this :bonk:

and feel like doing this :gn:

but they still have to go out regardless not realizing the world will still see em as this! :gorgeous:

Julie York
02-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Could be worse. You could be an unattractive woman wanting to look like an attractive woman.

tiffanythecd2001
02-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Hi ; i study my exwife and here, so for me to go out , if i ever do, is to shower first, then follow all the steps, to getting ready, for me to get ready , is like 2 and half hours, but for me true beauty comes from within inside your self, your only beautiful as you feel, i try my best, but then on the other hand i seen some born females that should stayed at home,we only can do our best to look pretty, i was born with a female body so it easy for me,in one way, other way not, so girls read the forums ,thats were i learned alot the stuff i use, :heehee:Tiffany.

JoAnnDallas
02-11-2008, 11:16 AM
When I dress, I do not want to look ****ty or look like an OLD broad. I think I found a middle ground. A little younger than my age, but still stylish enough to say I am a mature woman.

Joy Carter
02-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Most of us would never get past the door, if we thought that way.

docrobbysherry
02-11-2008, 11:45 AM
When I dress up I not only want to look like a woman, I want to look like an attractive woman. If I don't think I look pretty I get depressed, which is why I haven't fully dressed and gone out lately.

That is exactly how I feel about myself. My early dressing left me disappointed and NEVER sexually satified.
Because of Sherry, my CDing now, is ALWAYS a positive experience and ALWAYS ends with sexual completion!

I always must dress up completely whenever I dress.

I still can't go out dressed, but at least I've got the company of an attractive young woman with me in my closet!
RS

Mitch23
02-11-2008, 11:53 AM
sometimes I look good, sometimes i look gorgeous

mitch

Naima
02-11-2008, 12:19 PM
When I first started dressing fulltime 2 years back, i was worried about whether I am good enough to go outside dressed. Whether I passed or not.

Then I realised, I was worried whether OTHER PEOPLE thought I passed or not. And I decided to screw what other people think and dressed out because I want to dress out.

I have naturally broad shoulders and maybe just alittle tubby (im 5 ft 7 and 145 pounds) so maybe I don't pass but I decided to accept myself and not be so hard on myself.

windycissy
02-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Sounds like somebody needs to go shopping! Nothing like a new dress to make you feel pretty. Unless there are health or weight issues...

joann07
02-11-2008, 01:49 PM
I am definitely a perfectionist when it comes to dressing so I'm not leaving the house until I'm ready.
I must present myself appropriately whenever I go out and so I pay lots of attention to detail when dolling up.
If I'm putting on makeup and something doesn't look right, I'm constantly tweaking things until it is.

I still find flaws, especially the color of my foundation, so I'm constantly trying to get that perfect natural look.

KandisTX
02-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Personally, I dress for comfort, and part of that comfort is my appearance has GOT to be as femme as passible, (no, that's not a typo). I have to feel as though I will pass in order for myself to be comfortable when I get dressed. Now, if I am just lounging around the house, I don't go to all the trouble of doing my make-up and hair, but I do try to do what I can in those instances as well. So, when I am going out, yes, I must look and feel like a woman in my appearance, otherwise I am not good enough to go out.

Kandis:love:

Nicole Erin
02-11-2008, 03:07 PM
Passing and pretty are not the same thing.
There are CD's who are pretty but don't quite pass.

And for my other sisters who have a bit of extra weight - what if GG's didn't go out just cause they are not thin? There are more than plenty of decent outfits for larger women. We can't wear things that show our midsection but we have a lot of nice clothes available.

Folks, if you really feel unpretty or whatever, then all you have to do is re-evaluate your look, clothes, makeup, hair... Find out what your best look would be and go for it.

There are only a very few people in this world who just have NO chance of looking good. [LIke say, Micheal Jackson ] Truely perfect looks or true homeliness are extremes. For the rest of us, we can still look at least presentable and probably a bit attractive. ;).

So first thing is first - ditch those outfits and makeup that just doesn't work.

My :2c: - Most of the girls I have seen here look pretty good, passable or not. And Laurie, you too look pretty. :)

Jennaie
02-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Yep

RobertaFermina
02-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Friends,

I don't have to pass, but I do need to be presentable!

If I don't feel Beautiful, I don't go out. Fortunately, I have enough shoes, dresses, (pants too!), wigs and makeup to fashion a presentable Roberta no matter what.

So I am blessed with beauty or the ability to fake it, on any given day!

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Cai
02-11-2008, 03:55 PM
When I first started dressing fulltime 2 years back, i was worried about whether I am good enough to go outside dressed. Whether I passed or not.

Then I realised, I was worried whether OTHER PEOPLE thought I passed or not. And I decided to screw what other people think and dressed out because I want to dress out.

I have naturally broad shoulders and maybe just alittle tubby (im 5 ft 7 and 145 pounds) so maybe I don't pass but I decided to accept myself and not be so hard on myself.

That's a great way to think. Passing is all about worrying what other people think - and do you really want to care what they think?

Now, I do agree with Roberta - it's important to feel presentable. I have a pair of green cargo pants that make me look very masculine, but I hardly wear them because they're baggy and extremely worn. I'm trying to look like a guy, but I'd much rather look like a woman in khakis and a polo than a guy in torn pants.

Richelle
02-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Sounds like somebody needs to go shopping! Nothing like a new dress to make you feel pretty. Unless there are health or weight issues...

I think Windy got it right; nothing makes a girl feel better and prettier than shopping, hopefully with a friend

Richelle

Nicki B
02-11-2008, 06:11 PM
When I dress up I not only want to look like a woman, I want to look like an attractive woman. If I don't think I look pretty I get depressed..

Laurie, don't you think the vast majority of the female population feels the same way...

Could be worse. You could be an unattractive woman wanting to look like an attractive woman.

:eek:

So, do what they do - get a makeover, buy some new threads, pamper yourself... ;)

Laurie909
02-12-2008, 05:39 AM
Thanks for all your advice and I appreciate it, but sometimes one can't help feel the way one feels. Maybe if I had a make-over, decent wig-stying and some new clothes that really fit, I might feel better about the way I looked.

The last time I dressed fully and went out, I took some photos of myself. When I look at them now, I looked very fat in the face. Even the "Glamour Shots" didn't make me look better in my opinion. It's depressing not to be able to look the way you want to look.

Nicki B
02-12-2008, 06:34 AM
Less fat is likely to make you less passable, not more...

IMHO you need to watch something like How To Look Good Naked (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75783)?

http://www.channel4.com/life/microsites/H/htlgn/

Alisa
02-12-2008, 07:28 AM

Hi Laurie,
I could not agree with you more! Just recently posted about "Dressing to Feel Sexy" and it is all about feeling good about yourself. I guess it's just part of being a girl/woman.

Love,
Alisa

Dress to Feel Sexy: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76536

Annie D
02-12-2008, 07:31 AM
Ladies, ladies, please just be yourself! We all want to be an attractive as we can be but attractive is what we want to see in the mirror looking back to us. That is not going to happen on a regular basis and as we age it is going to happen less often. What I want to be is "presentable". I know how I am going to feel and those feelings are what I want to project "enfemme".

I have come to the realization that I am no longer attractive as a male and unattached women generally don't give me a second look. How can I expect to get that second look from people who I want to consider me attractive when I am dressed? If at this point in my life, I am vanilla looking as a male, I still feel good about my appearance as I wear co-ordinated outfits, shave daily, brush my hair, try to smell clean and I try to match this appearance as a female.

When we begin to dress for ourselves and be ourselves as male or female, then we will be attractive. To your own self be true.

tamarav
02-12-2008, 01:10 PM
Funny thing is, not everybody is watching us or anyone else. Do what makes you happy and let everyone else fend for themselves. If you go shopping and get noticed, smile and go on with your shopping. GGs that I work on every day have the exact same feelings we do, but they usually just grin and bear it and take care of business.

Remember that you are your own star in this production, reviews come from many who can't even spell right.

Nicki B
02-12-2008, 01:30 PM
..attractive is what we want to see in the mirror looking back to us. That is not going to happen on a regular basis and as we age it is going to happen less often.

Annie, with respect, perhaps you should speak that way for yourself, not others you haven't met?

I strongly agree though, with your sentiment to be your true self - IME being comfortable with yourself makes you much more attractive to people?

Deborah Jane
02-12-2008, 01:41 PM
I look good to me in the mirror:p:heehee:..I,d love to go out, but think that would shatter my illusion!!

Jeeze!! One day i,m just going to go out..Stuff what everyone else thinks!!

Jilmac
02-12-2008, 02:02 PM
I have been taking notice of women my age lately, and many of them have lost their youthful glow, but that doesn't prevent them from going out and being themselves. I have never considered myself to be an attractive person whether in male or female mode, so even though I have always dreamed about being a pretty girl, I have resigned myself to the fact that being myself will have to do.

From my observations I have come to believe that, in many cases, a plain Jane can be just as attractive as the girl who goes all out to present herself as drop dead gorgeous. I can certainly be feminine without being pretty, and feel just as good because I have totally accepted myself as the person I am and always will be. Luv and:hugs: Jill

victoriamwilliams1
03-02-2008, 10:26 PM

I have had those days, I am near 7f in height and I am amazed when at times people think I am GG and those are the days I feel like crap!

VikkiVixen7188
03-02-2008, 11:41 PM
I just got lucky and happen to be one of those guys that translates well into a woman. There are still a few tricks though. If thats you in the photo Laurie you look pretty good, but I notice no eyeliner, no lipstick and you might want to try a little more provocative dress. Sexy is an attitude so you have to feel it inside first. I can spend up to two hours doing my make up. Just remember we CD for fun. GO ALL OUT, AND THEN GO OUT!

:D

Mary Jane1
03-04-2008, 02:20 PM
For me, of course it's about being a woman and it's about being pretty too. Feeling pretty on the inside and looking pretty. But even if I don't think I look my best, I always feel pretty on he inside. I'm feminine, I'm woman and I have yet to feel depressed when in that frame of mind.

Sandi jo
03-04-2008, 02:29 PM
We all I think want to look fantastic its all a matter of image go with what you have and enjoy being a woman

harmony
03-04-2008, 02:44 PM
i have always felt women have an advantage in that they can draw on so much help to make themselves attractive!cosmetics-foundations-perfumes...so any ugly duckling with a little skill can shine!
practice makes perfect-so if it does not work out one day there is always tomorrow.

jessielee
03-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Passing and pretty are not the same thing.
Laurie, you too look pretty. :)

dear Laurie,
they have all said it better than i may but i can agree.
understated, comfortable emellishments to your natural, well dressed appearance coupled with confidence and experimented upon by trial and error, to balance and correct and enhance, just like real gfs do, will present yourself to the world as passing and pretty!
best wishes,
jessie

vivianann
03-04-2008, 08:48 PM
When I put makup on and a dress and my hair done, I feel much better about myself, I do not want to be knock out pretty, because I do not want too much attention anyway. If I look like a woman, then I am happy, as long as I can pass most of the time, then I am happy, I would like to see more crossdressers out there, so we can be more free to dress on public.