PDA

View Full Version : My mum found out

sexykerry
02-11-2008, 05:46 AM
Hey all,
I'm one of the younger people on here.
Well the other morning I was sitting in my room when my mum came in to make my bed. Well I wasn't pay to much attention last time I put my things under my bed.
Well she noticed something and pulled out a bra, panties and skirt. I was thinking dam she going to scream but then she asked me why they were there. I said cause I like wearing them.
I wait for her to yell but then she just laugh and said that ok we all do things that are different.

So I have to say I'm one lucky person to have such an understanding mother.

I now find myself fill a lot morecomfortable about my CDing.

anyway let know what u think.

Shelly Preston
02-11-2008, 06:47 AM
Hi Kerry

I am sure you Mum has probably known for some time given her reaction

At least now it gives you the opportunity to talk with her about it should you need to

deja true
02-11-2008, 07:12 AM
Lucky you, kerry. Wish our moms from the previous generations had all been so open minded. The spread of information in recent years on all matters GLBT has really helped today's young people come to grips easier with their identity issues, and their parents (our geneation) be more enlightened in these important matters.

Have a good talk with your mom and thank her for being understanding.

Wish it had ever been so...

(treat your mom with) respect & love,

deja

Eugenie
02-11-2008, 07:28 AM
As Shelly said, it is quite possible that you mom was suspecting something. Moms know best...

It is also possible that she tried to de-dramatise the situation, which is a smart thing to do... Dramatising the situation often has the opposite effect, it makes things look very important and even more attractive...

Actually, a similar thing happened to me when I was about 14 years old 47 years ago...). My mom discovered a girdle that I had hidden in my bedroom, not too well obviously. She just said "what is it doing here?" and took it back to put it in her drawer... She never spoke about it anymore, but I am sure she knew...

However, time have changed and your mom will probably be more informed about X-dressing than mine was almost 50 years ago...

:hugs:
Eugenie

Angela Burke
02-11-2008, 07:33 AM
Good for her!
And as others have said she probably knew anyway.
It's much better for both of you to be open about
your crossdressing.
Plus think of the " mother and daughter" fun you both
can have!

Daintre
02-11-2008, 08:08 AM
Well good on ya mate. It seems our moms know a lot about us growing up and most, I would think, especially the younger moms, are accepting . I didn't say they were overjoyed, but they always love us through all we do. If you are willing to trust your mom, this might be a good time to sit with her and discuss your feelings, she may be able to help you or at least understand better what you are feeling.

Angie G
02-11-2008, 08:27 AM
I think you have a cool mom :hugs:
Angie

Christina Louise
02-11-2008, 09:28 AM
Yes it does sound like you have a cool mum but also well done to you for being truthful rather than using some half-baked excuse.

JoAnnDallas
02-11-2008, 10:57 AM
At least now you can put your things in the closet and not have to worry about them getting all winkled. LOL

Glad your mother was Ok with it all.

melissaK
02-11-2008, 11:05 AM
Yes it does sound like you have a cool mum but also well done to you for being truthful rather than using some half-baked excuse.

Ditto that. You have avoided buying into a lot of guilt. That too says something about the values you have been raised with.

hugs,
'lissa

MJ
02-11-2008, 11:54 AM
=Christina Louise;1187170]Yes it does sound like you have a cool mum but also well done to you for being truthful rather than using some half-baked excuse.

:iagree:

And the beauty is no more lies , hiding your stuff . and you get to talk to your wonderful mom . who knows mum may be able to help you more than you'll ever know if you only let her .. hey she may have wanted a daughter now she has both

Kristen Marie
02-11-2008, 01:47 PM
That's great on how you responded to her. I know at your age I would have probably lied and denied it. Now she knows where you keep them and there's a good chance she'll look again.
I realize the next steps might be confusing, but maybe you still keep them out of sight to a lesser degree. If she sees a different outfit, maybe it will stir some additional conversation....

KandisTX
02-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Kerry,

First let me congratulate you on your straight forward, honest answer to your mum when she asked. Next comes the talking with her further. While others may advise against this, I highly recommend it as she knows, and maybe has known for some time now. You should take the initiative to see where the conversation can lead you and her. I know when I came out to my Mother (step-mother, but was more like a real mom to me), she was supportive and listened and offered advice as well as access to her wardrobe and took me shopping to by my very own stuff for the first time. It truly was an exhilerating experience for me, and she is to this day my #2 supporter (wife has taken place as #1). ;)

Kandis:love:

O2B Barbara
02-11-2008, 07:13 PM
Sometimes the simplest answer is the best. Isn't it nice to have it out in the open? Might even be an opportunity for her to do your laundry, not to mention fem training? Unlimited possibilities!

angelfire
02-11-2008, 08:12 PM
Congrats. Feels good doesn't it?

I am out to my parents too, but they are "tolerant" I suppose. They don't want to see or hear any of it, but they aren't gunna stop me from doing it. I still keep my stuff hidden anyway incase I have friends over or something.

Rachel Morley
02-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Awesome! ... see, honesty is the best policy! :D

muggsybear
02-11-2008, 08:26 PM
When I was about 14 my mother found one of her older panty girdles in my room that I had "borrowed". I didn't think she'd miss it and it was alot easier than trying to sneak a different one everytime I wanted to wear it. Problem was I wasn't always careful and it ended up with a fair share of stains. The next week the girdle was washed, folded and put back in my hiding place along with a pair bikini panties and a pair of sanitary panties that were stretchy nylon with a soft plastic gusset. The next afternoon I walked into my room as she was dropping off the rest of my laundry. My mom quite casually said something to the effect of..."if you're going to wear that girdle everyday make sure you wear something under it and if you're going to play with it on make sure you throw the panties in the hamper when you finish". Needless to say I was petrified having been found out but didn't waste an instant putting that stuff on once she left. Not much else was said but over the next couple of years the girdle was swapped out as others were handed down and on my sixteenth birthday I found my very own brand new Bestform long leg panty girdle. The rest they say is history.

TxKimberly
02-11-2008, 08:58 PM
Hey all,
I'm one of the younger people on here.
Well the other morning I was sitting in my room when my mum came in to make my bed. Well I wasn't pay to much attention last time I put my things under my bed.
Well she noticed something and pulled out a bra, panties and skirt. I was thinking dam she going to scream but then she asked me why they were there. I said cause I like wearing them.
I wait for her to yell but then she just laugh and said that ok we all do things that are different.

So I have to say I'm one lucky person to have such an understanding mother.

I now find myself fill a lot morecomfortable about my CDing.

anyway let know what u think.

Moms are like that. A mother is going to love you no matter what you do or what curve ball you throw at her. The good news is, unlike in years past, people ARE learning, and this includes your mother. They are learning that it is not the end of the world of your son likes dresses, or if he happens to be gay, or if he is a Star Trek fan. (OK, I got carried away there but you get the point)
When I told my mother while in my early 30's, she only asked "Why didn't you SAY something?!" I have to wonder how much different my life might have been if I'd only been honest with her.
You are off to a great start. Your mother knows, did not freak, has a good attitude about it, and you don't have to lie. Congrats!

darla_g
02-11-2008, 09:52 PM
kerry

you will have to keep us all updated on your progress. it is safe to say we are all very happy for you.