PDA

View Full Version : How long did you lurk and...

deja true
02-11-2008, 07:23 PM
...what finally made you sign up to the Forum?

This is especially addressed to girls who were so deep in the closet that " even my closet had a closet", as one of the girls said.

All are free to answer, though.

deja

sandra-leigh
02-11-2008, 07:32 PM
I signed up as soon as I had something to say -- probably around my 4th visit.

Christineblake113
02-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Lurked for maybe a month. I decided to sign up because there were a lot of questions and messages that I wanted to comment on.

Christine

annekathleen
02-11-2008, 07:35 PM
GOD, I LOVE THIS PLACE!:love:

Jocelyn Quivers
02-11-2008, 07:41 PM
I lurked for about a year, when I found this site. I was extremely closeted and I kept coming up with a billion scenarios on how I would be outted if I actually joined. I guess what caused me to join was realizing that I was not the only person who CD'ed and the desire to talk to communicate with others who were like me.

Wendy me
02-11-2008, 07:49 PM
i was looking for who i was when i joined so i jumped in as soon as i could ... this tells my story a bit better........

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6295

Scotty
02-11-2008, 08:02 PM
Oh about 24 hours :D

I knew I had found a home, other people that were like me and since I cannot come out of the closet in real life, I can hang here :)

Jacqui
02-11-2008, 08:16 PM

This is especially addressed to girls who were so deep in the closet that " even my closet had a closet", as one of the girls said.

My closet is so deep, it has a Starbucks!

Some members will hate me for using a label, but one of the reasons I joined this forum after lurking for a very short time is that the majority appeared to be a lot more "normal" than some of the other forums I visited. Thus, this forum reinforces my own normalcy, for that which I am eternally grateful.

muggsybear
02-11-2008, 08:30 PM
I lurked for several months until I realized I had my own comments that I wanted to share. I helps realizing there are others out there with similar back grounds and interests and helps when I put some long forgotten thoughts back into words.

SweetCaroline
02-11-2008, 08:42 PM
I joined right away. Since my primary goal in joining was to talk to others like myself, I was here from the day I heard about the place.

DanaR
02-11-2008, 08:45 PM
I joined right away and have been part of the community since the early 90's. There is a lot of acceptance and love within our community, but you have to step out to find it.

Dixie
02-11-2008, 08:49 PM
I lurked for about three days, then couldn't hold back anymore!

TxKimberly
02-11-2008, 08:50 PM
I had a friend turn me on to this place as someplace where they talked about more than "What are you wearing right now?" or "what color are your panties?"
To each their own, but that kind of conversation does not appeal to me.
On the oter hand, a young person going through the agony I did and wondering and asking "Is there the chance I might find someone to love me?" . . oh wow can I get behind a question like that.
Someone saying "I feel so bad, is there hope that some day I might be happy?" . . . I can get behind that topic all day.
We have people here that want help, and people that really want to help others - that's priceless.
I didn't lurk - I yelled and jumped in the water. :)

Bravesoul
02-11-2008, 08:50 PM
I am not sure, it might have been a month or two, I was carefull, and wanted to make sure this was a safe place to be before I signed up. No regrets...

:D

Nicole Erin
02-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Couple days maybe.
It is good to get a feel for things first. I liked what I saw and joined.

Celeste
02-11-2008, 10:30 PM
It was about 3 weeks,I started feeling awful,like I was spying or something so I joined.

deja true
02-11-2008, 10:52 PM
It's my post so I'll finally answer my own question 'cos Celeste just made me realize that that was my major reason. Many of the others apply to me to, especially the need to finally actually talk this over with someone.

Now when I log on, which is every free moment (and as you can see by my post count/day in the profile), I first check to see the number on line and wish, wish that all those "guests", who usually outnumber the registered users, would sign on, too!

We don't bite girls and boys (well not usually) and if your interest is genuine, we want you here.

respect ( for real people) & love

deja

(tell 'em deja sent you!)

Edwina
02-11-2008, 11:41 PM
I know I lurked for quite some time as I was terrified of being outed somehow. I even used a shadow photo of me as an avatar.
As I read more I stared to develop and gradually acquired some outer clothes. Stories such as Karren's started me thinking about being able to go out but that meant I needed a wig at least. :heehee:
Then I wasn't satisfied with rice in stockings anymore and I splurged on breast forms. :happy:
The support I have received has been tremendous.
:love:
Edwina

Suzy Harrison
02-11-2008, 11:46 PM
I think I lurked for about 5 seconds !

No, I thought what a cool site, signed on straight away and got straight into it. The only problem is it's very addictive..

Why just look from the sidelines? - it can't be much fun out there.

Ellie
02-11-2008, 11:55 PM
I lurked around on the board for about a week or so before I signed up.
It didn't take me long to before I just had to ask some questions.
I've had a great time here ever since even though sometimes I'll lurk off and on for a week or so before getting back into a chatty mood.

LilSissyStevie
02-12-2008, 12:12 AM
A couple of weeks, I think. I can't keep my mouth shut forever, even though I should.:o

DeeAnn
02-12-2008, 12:40 AM
I read (I hate the term lurked) for just under a month. Then I showed it to my wife. She and I had been talking about cding for a while and she was frank enough to admit that she simply didn't have answers for some of my questions.

She suggested I register and begin talking with other cders to learn more. It was a great idea.

Lacelover
02-12-2008, 01:14 AM
I read for several weeks and I knew that I had found a wonderful place. My hands were shaking during my first few posts, but suddenly realized that I belonged and was surprised how very understanding and helpful everyone has been. I'm still deeeeeeeeeeepppppp in the closet and will be there forever. Having this forum provides my escape. Love it here !!!!! Thanks to all of you.

Lacelover

jennCD
02-12-2008, 01:40 AM
I didn't lurk much really. I signed up the day I found this site. I think it still took a few days of short posts before I was able to put up a faceless photo. I guess I've come a long way in these few months now.

:)
jenn

corrinediane
02-12-2008, 01:42 AM
I joined on my second visit. It has so much info to offer about dressing. How others handle all the different situations that come about from having a "hobbie" as we do. It's has and will be very informative. Nice to be part of a group like this.Thank you all.

lovelingerie6
02-12-2008, 02:03 AM
i joined about 10 minutes after i found it. i put up a post the first night at my new home and have been here since

Echo Logical
02-12-2008, 02:10 AM
maybe 35 and a half.

Only took that long to read enough to decide I wanted to be a part of this community.

docrobbysherry
02-12-2008, 02:30 AM
As soon I began reading the threads and posts, I realized this was a special place. I jumped rite in. U, the members, for the most part r intelligent, sane and sensitive folks. NOT the weirdos and perverts I was afraid I would find here!

Well, I guess there R a few of those. I'm here, after all!
RS

Dalece
02-12-2008, 02:51 AM
As soon as I found the forum I joined up. And this is a great place to be in the short time been here made new friends and learned a lot:love:

JoAnnDallas
02-12-2008, 09:34 AM
I too joined as soon as I found this site. My first post came right after I was approved.

Christina Louise
02-12-2008, 09:43 AM
I got internet access in Dec 2006, and first signed up early last year but was so closeted that I didn't contribute and purged myself from the site shortly after. But this year I've decided to try doing some things with my life, signed up here last month and have been (probably too) active ever since.

laura.lapinski
02-12-2008, 10:12 AM
I lurked for a short period, days, a week, I really don't remember, but I joined because I had some questions of myself I wanted answers for, and I could see there were a lot of intelligient people and discussions here; therefore, I figured I could enter into some interesting dialog. I haven't answered all of my questions, but it has been a process. I had some pink fog for the first few weeks, that slowly disappated into a comfortable routine. I enjoy reading all the threads.

Laura

VERONICARH
02-12-2008, 10:46 AM
When I found this site I enjoyed reading the posts and got hooked on it, but not sure if I could be found out on who I was. Realizing I wouldn't be recognized I joined and have enjoyed it since. Just knowing there are others out there like me, made it easier to live with myself .

Anna the Dub
02-12-2008, 11:08 AM
I was on a general forum, where a discussion about gender identity was going on. Someone posted a link to this site, I clicked on it, looked at the site for about 30 seconds, and signed up. It's a Godsend to me.

joann07
02-12-2008, 11:08 AM
I can't remember, but I think I registered as soon as I first visited this site.
It's been great meeting so many lovely and supportive ladies.

Samantha B L
02-12-2008, 11:11 AM
I was amazed when I found this site although I knew there was other crossdressers stuff on the web. I have lurked in 3 other forums but they weren't as comprehensive or member freindly as this one. My first computer was one of those webtv sets where you flip a switch and use your TV screen for a moniter. I registered 3 times in 2005 and 2006 and each time my password number stopped working after a week or 2. It is also possible that I wasn't working the links and urls right.

So I guess I was lurking for almost a year. I contacted the forum more than once about the password numbers not working and the possibility of my getting a new number. They were very nice and accomodating but the numbers still gave out electronically after a few days. This nice person in the forum administration finally ended up telling me the problem was probably my use of webtv. So I bought a pc in 2006.

daviolin
02-12-2008, 01:02 PM
I stumbled apon this sight by accident and I signed up on the spot. Being a closet crossdresser is pretty lonely. It's great being able to share with other CD's I fell like I've got friends I can share with. I just love talking about new outfits and beauty tips. etc. etc. :love:Daviolin

Emily Ann Brown
02-12-2008, 01:30 PM
Gosh I can't remember back that far to answer....GIGGLE GIGGLE.

Emily Ann

KandisTX
02-12-2008, 01:32 PM
I signed up the night I found this site :) No lurking for this gal.

Kandis:love:

Michelle-PHL
02-12-2008, 01:37 PM
I visited for a few weeks reading the posts before joining. I joined because I was making dressing more of a part of my daily routine and wanted a site where I could grow my feminine side - and I glad I joined!

Michelle-phl

tracigirl_tv
02-12-2008, 01:45 PM
A lovely CD friend (Michele, of NJ) recommended the site at a Girls Night Out. I scoped it out, got a feel for the interface and the atmosphere, and took the plunge.

I enjoy the amazingly wide variety of topics, the ladies (and menz) at every point of the CDing spectrum and the warmth of the place.

Moderators, I salute you! *hugs*

il.dso
02-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Lurked for 2 years, way to closeted to join.
I finally joined and have written over 100 posts!
I love this forum and greatly value the insight,
wisdom, humor and support.

Valeries_Online
02-12-2008, 02:25 PM
I took a couple days to explore and evaluate if this forum was for me. To me thats not really lurking but anyhow... After talking with my wife we both decided to join seeing a lot of interesting topics and discussions that sort of hit home in some aspect or another. I am happy to be here. :happy:

Tracy_cd
02-12-2008, 03:53 PM
I lurked for a couple weeks to get a feel for the board before signing up. In a few others forums (some yahoo groups), they are a little more seedy and I wanted to avoid that. The other boards also get spammed a bunch and that does not happen here!

I also wanted into the beauty forum since I am always trying to figure out ways make my appearance better. Lots of great stuff there and I go back and re-read things often. Slow learner I guess...

I rarely post, hence my low post count, but I read the messages very frequently. There are so many people with great perspectives and advice, so I don't feel I have much to offer.

Despite my somewhat (still) lurky behavior, I feel the crossdressers.com community is very special and I am glad I signed up! :happy:

Tracy

PheonaP
02-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Googled, found this place and signed up. :hugs:

Sapphire
02-12-2008, 04:52 PM
I lurked for about a year, when I found this site. I was extremely closeted and I kept coming up with a billion scenarios on how I would be outted if I actually joined. I guess what caused me to join was realizing that I was not the only person who CD'ed and the desire to talk to communicate with others who were like me.

Much the same as Jocelyn.

Lisa Golightly
02-12-2008, 05:12 PM
I signed up when I found it... It was kind of a free transfer ;)

Butterfly Bill
02-12-2008, 07:18 PM
I had been posting to alt.support.crossdressing (where I first saw something about this group) since 1997, so I joined right up. One of the first things i got was a PM mentioning my beard and asking, "Is this where you truly ought to be?"

vikki2020
02-12-2008, 07:38 PM
I checked out the site for about a week, and talked myself into joining.It actually was a pretty big step for me!(and I'm soooooo glad I did:happy:)

Danille
02-12-2008, 07:59 PM
I signed on the day after I found this site. I really feel at home here, and am very glad to be here.
d

charlie
02-12-2008, 08:19 PM
I posted the very second that I found the forum. I had so many questions! I had no idea that so many others were just like me. They had families, good jobs, normal in society in every way....just this need to dress in woman's clothes like I did. Thanks to all of you and this forum!

Lilith Moon
02-13-2008, 07:19 AM
I think I lurked for about 5 seconds !

No, I thought what a cool site, signed on straight away and got straight into it. The only problem is it's very addictive..

Why just look from the sidelines? - it can't be much fun out there.

:iagree:

Selene EV
02-13-2008, 11:54 AM
Way to long (probably about a year). After reading this post last night I decided it was time to jump in and I couldn't be happier.

Littlej10
02-13-2008, 03:29 PM
Googled to the site and spent some time reading posts - what an amazing difference and a wonderful set of girls. I would have signed up that night if there hadn't been a knocking on the closet door, had to wait a frustrating 24 hours. Now I can hardly let it go.

deja true
02-13-2008, 08:02 PM
Way to long (probably about a year). After reading this post last night I decided it was time to jump in and I couldn't be happier.

Yay! Good for you, Selene EV! I knew it would work! Get in here and tell us all some stories. We don't mind sad stories or kinky stories, and we love happy stories! Welcome, welcome, welcome!

respect & love (from all of us!)

I've gone exclamation point crazy!!!!!!!!!!

shauna 9
02-14-2008, 12:21 AM
I joined right away .

Angie G
02-14-2008, 01:02 AM
When the wife it finely found out I went looking for answers for hen and found this forum and singed ou there and then just over 2 years ago :hugs:
Angie