PDA

View Full Version : A great shopping experience

angelfire
02-12-2008, 06:54 AM
So, I have been on a bit of a hiatus for the past little while, mainly because I have been dating a lot, and when that happens, I tend to lose interest in CDing. Rather than fight the lack of urge, I just accept that I'm not in the mood and kinda forget about it for a while.

Anyway, so it has been a while since I've been out shopping, and what I find after every hiatus I take, is it seems like I am starting back from scratch when it comes to confidence. I feel like I am buying my first clothes again, and I become a nervous wreck. Doesn't help that I generally don't have much luck in these matters, and seem to get cashiers who question me relentlessly.

So anyway, I find myself single for Valentine's day this year, so I decided "You know what? I'm gunna treat myself since I haven't gone shopping in a while."

So off I head to the mall. Original plan was to stop by LaSenza, pick up a babydoll, then go to zellers and see about some other clothes. So I get to the mall. Someone I work with is getting off the bus as well, and going into the mall. Great, now I have something to look out for.

Walk through zellers. Notice someone I saw both Saturday & Sunday at concerts. Working right next to the ladies department. I figure I'll come back for that later, and hope he moves. (He does not)

Go to LaSenza. Look around for 15 minutes. No one says anything to me. See a few things I like, but are either more than I am looking to spend, or they don't have my size. I leave and head to LaSenza Express (Yes, there are 2 seperate, unattached LaSenza stores in the same mall, one right above the other. There is also a LaSenza Girl, which is kind of irrelevant).

Go into LaSenza Express, and again, not a word. I see a babydoll I like, in the size I figure I need. I decide to browse some other place before making a decision.

Head to La Vie En Rose. Greeted by a friendly sales associate. I use the ol' valentine's day cop-out, and tell her I'm shopping for my girlfriend. She suggests some massage oils & Chocolate body paint. I thank her for the suggestion, and look at the lingerie. Everything is either way out of my price range, or very, very tacky. I leave shortly after.

I head to the last Lingerie place in the mall: Jacob Lingerie. I am greeted by the sale's associate there, she asks how my day is, I say good, and ask about hers. She says she is ready to go home, and she has just started. We get into a kind of off-topic rant. She doesn't even ask why I am there and I don't offer an excuse, but she just says "If you need anything, let me know and I'll get it for you. I just don't want all the sizes to be messed up." I look around, and everything looks pretty bland. I ask her why there are 2 LaSenza's, one on top of the other, in the same mall. She explains apparently one sells thing to more 'aggressive' women, and the other pretends to be all happy and perky. I am somewhat confused, but we keep talking about random topics that were kinda irrelevant. I say thanks for the chat, and she says "Thanks, I'm not so blue anymore!". I tell her I'm glad I could brighten her day. I should have gotten her phone number. Damn, oh well.

Back to LaSenza Express, I decide to get that babydoll & thong I wanted. I buy it. No big deal.

Go to Zellers. Guy is still in the exact same spot. Damn. I give up on that prospect.

Head to LaSenza. This time, I get greeted by a friendly sales associate who waits on me hand & foot. Again, I use the valentine's day excuse. She helps me find the bras in the right size, and I get 2 because they are on sale. She helps me find matching panties, which are also on sale, so I get 3. She rings me up, offers to sell me a discount card, which I decline.

Overall, a pretty positive experience. Usually, my heart is pounding, but this time, I was at ease and not nervous at all. Sorry for the long post, just thought I'd share.

Cheers,
Jessica

JoAnnDallas
02-12-2008, 09:57 AM
Sounds like you had a good time. I enjoy out shopping and being dressed. I just wish I could do it more often. LOL

Alaceann
02-12-2008, 03:16 PM
I think I'm going to use the Valentine excuse to buy me a new dress.:heehee:

angelfire
02-12-2008, 06:38 PM
It seems like it was pretty therapeutic actually. I've been slipping into apathy towards everything recently, and been just generally seemed to be not in the greatest mood. This morning I was in a great mood though, so it looks like I helped.

Now I have the urge to go shopping again.

Sinthia
02-12-2008, 07:30 PM
I say thanks for the chat, and she says "Thanks, I'm not so blue anymore!". I tell her I'm glad I could brighten her day. I should have gotten her phone number. Damn, oh well.

Jessica

Jessica . . . There is a great excuse to go back to that store and broose around again. You may get lucky and see that sales agent again . . . and don't leave without it! Her phone number.

angelfire
02-12-2008, 08:50 PM
Actually, I need to go back to that mall in a few days likely anyway to pick up a headset I ordered for my cellphone. I probably will see if she is there again.

mylilsecret8
02-12-2008, 09:33 PM
I think I'm going to use the Valentine excuse to buy me a new dress.:heehee:

I used to use excuses that I was shopping for my wife but now when they ask "what size is she" I just look the salesgirl in the eye and say, "actually, I'm looking for something for myself". Most don't even blink an eye and are used to crossdressers coming in the stores. Seems there are a lot of us out there. LOL Some salesgirls say they can usually tell which guys are really shopping for themselves.

I usally go shopping in what I call my Tom Boy look. Womens pants and a unisex or slightly femme top and neutral shoes. I love having a salesgirl help me pick out outfits and I always ask to try things on and ask their opinion or help me zip up a dress. It's so nice ust being one of the girls!!

angelfire
02-13-2008, 06:05 PM
I think I was pretty convincing. As I was paying she was like "I'm impressed. Most guys eave shopping to the day of. Same with christmas." and I quipped back, "I thought the mall was closed on christmas?" and she just looked at me and said "You know what I mean"

I am pretty good at feigning ignorance.