PDA

View Full Version : Forbidden Fruit?

Jaydee
02-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Hi All;
A couple weeks ago I had posted a thread about how I was having a hard time getting my wife to talk about my wearing pantyhose and bras. She was uncomfortable with it but was tolerating it. It seemed to me at the time that she was just dealing with it as just another one of my foibles, and she cared for me enough to overlook it. Well, a couple days ago, I gently tried to broach the subject of how it made me feel more comfortable and centered. She said it is just "forbidden fruit". Something that is forbidden, and therefore desirable.

This got me thinking. How much of what we do as non-TS CDers, whether it is wearing panties while in the closet, or going night clubing has to do with just the "forbidden" nature of the activity?

Jaydee

MsJoann
02-13-2008, 11:33 AM
Crossdressing has been going ever since Christ walked the earth and perhaps even earlier.
Years ago our society deemed us as freaks...even up until the late 1970 as far as my memory recalls.
Freaks, mind you, only if you presented yourself in public. And even back then CD'ing out in the open was done usually at a gay club.
There are many people today (other than us) who still consider this to be strange behavior. Actually many of those people don't know how to deal with it. My girlfriend is one of them. It may be a personal thing, but she despises the fact that I can rally a better image than she at times.
What is so freakish about expressing yourself?? Someone throws wet feces on a canvas and calls it "art" and all of a sudden droves of people flock to this canvas in awe of the artist's "creation". God forbid a man wearing a dress!
Taboo..phooey! We are all artisans...maybe not in our lifetime now but one day when we're gone, this will be commonplace.

Bravesoul
02-13-2008, 12:04 PM
Hi All;
This got me thinking. How much of what we do as non-TS CDers, whether it is wearing panties while in the closet, or going night clubing has to do with just the "forbidden" nature of the activity?

Jaydee

For me it's mainly about how I feel, which in part is driven by the "Forbidden fruit" scenario. I enjoy some of the daring aspect of of crossdressing. For example, I had a doctors appointment the other day, and I would usually go home and change and then go to the doctor(I underdress full time). That day I did not. Why? Wanted to be caught? Wanted to be daring? or just don't care anymore? As it turn out, he did not notice.
:2c:

MarciManseau
02-13-2008, 12:08 PM
Crossdressing has been going ever since Christ walked the earth and perhaps even earlier.
Years ago our society deemed us as freaks...even up until the late 1970 as far as my memory recalls.
Freaks, mind you, only if you presented yourself in public. And even back then CD'ing out in the open was done usually at a gay club.
There are many people today (other than us) who still consider this to be strange behavior. Actually many of those people don't know how to deal with it. My girlfriend is one of them. It may be a personal thing, but she despises the fact that I can rally a better image than she at times.
What is so freakish about expressing yourself?? Someone throws wet feces on a canvas and calls it "art" and all of a sudden droves of people flock to this canvas in awe of the artist's "creation". God forbid a man wearing a dress!
Taboo..phooey! We are all artisans...maybe not in our lifetime now but one day when we're gone, this will be commonplace.

It's all part of the religious right, the fundies that don't like anything they don't understand. These are the same ones that hate gays and think men used to ride dinosaurs. We are creatures of god, of nature, and nothing we do is bad or unnatural.

Hugs, Marci :hugs:

KeriB
02-13-2008, 12:21 PM
The "forbidden nature" aspect is a non-issue for me entirely. I do alot of things that are probably "forbidden fruit" lol.... but - I am my own person and so long as I am not hurting someone else, I am, as we all are, within my rights to express myself as I see fit. Unfortunately and as a qualification, I cannot decide to have Selene go to work tomorrow - though I really would like that - cause the "fruits" out there would freak. Some day though, some day......

Deborah Jane
02-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Maybe once, but now it just seems right for me!!
It,s not us with the problem..Society needs to get over it,s old fashioned views and ideals..Just my:2c:

charlie
02-13-2008, 02:08 PM
Perhaps the first time I went out it was a bit of forbidden fruit. Then I started meeting people at the bars I went to and was accepted as the person I was. It ceased being forbidden fruit and me then! Also, if it was just forbidden fruit the our dressing is, we could get over it. I often wish I could!

ladyEileen
02-13-2008, 02:44 PM
I am and have been a CD since I was 5 years old. I did not choose this, it was a part of me that became stronger with time. No matter how much I would try over the years to resist this, it would come on even more.

As you grow older, you reailize that it is a part of your fabric and will not change. People should understand that some of us though, born as male or female have oppsite genes in us that tip us over to the other sex. I have high levels of female in me and it shows in a number of areas, despite of my appearence.

Understanding and tolerence of all, would do our world a lot of good. I ask all to judge one by the content of Character.

Love to all,

Eileen

Kayla_CD
02-13-2008, 02:51 PM
Perhaps the first time I went out it was a bit of forbidden fruit. Then I started meeting people at the bars I went to and was accepted as the person I was. It ceased being forbidden fruit and me then! Also, if it was just forbidden fruit the our dressing is, we could get over it. I often wish I could!

That's exactly where I am in my dressing now. I love the danger of it, I'm dying for someone to find me out and love it. But I also worry about what happens when I do go out to a club for the first time, or do get caught and have someone to talk to. Will it become acceptable and boring? Will I have to keep pushing my boundaries? It used to be that sneaking my mom's lipstick was thrilling, but now I don't even bother unless I can dress completely. Since I have yet to venture out, I'm starting to bore of dressing inside. If I stop pushing my boundaries it stops being exciting. I'm a little worried about how far I'm willing to go.

tricia_uktv
02-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Thats an interesting question and I suppose we'll never know the answer. I also suspect it will be different for each of us since we have our own motivation. To turn it on its head though, if it was accepted I wouldn't be going to work tomorrow in a suit and tie. (But do I really know that for sure?)

annekathleen
02-13-2008, 04:01 PM
I believe I made a similar comment within the last two weeks,
about my early crossdressing being a taboo...a forbidden fruit.
We were taught that it was wrong, but we still had to taste it.
Maybe that's what made it all more exciting and energetic.
I still do it, but it's not as exciting, nor energetic as it was.

Jaydee
02-13-2008, 04:44 PM
Great answers. I agree that initially there may have been some "forbidden fruit" aspects to my CDing. But then it would have eventually past and not last 40+ years. I know there is more to it than that, but thought my wife's rationalization for my behavior was interesting. I don't think it was just denial.

Eugenie
02-13-2008, 05:53 PM
How much of what we do as non-TS CDers, whether it is wearing panties while in the closet, or going night clubing has to do with just the "forbidden" nature of the activity?

I was certainly not the "forbiden fruit" type of reaction that motivated me when I started using women underwear. It was purely a sensual feeling that touching sorf (very soft) material gave me. An how to get more contact with soft material than to wear it?

I first used to try on my mom's satin slips, then the girdles with satin front. I didn't feel ne moment the "forbiden" aspect of this behaviour... It just felt so good...

Later on, the forbiden aspect of x-dressing in the Western society has just made me feel terrible as I couldn't stop doing it. I was certainly not motivating me...

And it still doesn't motivate me to know that x-dressing is still not so much accepted, even now...

:hugs:
Eugenie

O2B Barbara
02-13-2008, 07:30 PM
I have never felt like it was forbidden fruit, just not an everyday thing in our society. I just feel more right with the world when I am wearing at least something, even if it is hidden from view. If society were more acccepting of us, I would not have kept it hiddden in the home for so long.

Amy Hepker
02-13-2008, 07:47 PM
I do believe that forbidden fruit Idea does work for some, but I myself have always felt out of place in guys clothing and at home in girls clothes.

docrobbysherry
02-13-2008, 08:06 PM
It's all part of the religious right, the fundies that don't like anything they don't understand. These are the same ones that hate gays and think men used to ride dinosaurs. We are creatures of god, of nature, and nothing we do is bad or unnatural.

Hugs, Marci :hugs:

I don't think that's accurate Marci. My child went to a Christian school for one year.
She was tot that the earth is about 12,000 years old, and that dinosaurs never existed, but were "made up" by atheist scientists!

Oh, forbidden fruit? No idea if that is a reason why I CD.
RS

Sally24
02-13-2008, 09:19 PM
I think that would mostly apply to those of us that get "excited" by the "bad" things we do. Many of us are not TS but also don't get excited by it all. Exilerated perhaps, not excited.

RobertaFermina
02-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Forbidden Fruit is always sweet ! (well....almost..)

The forbidden aspect added to my Fear of Dressing, at first.
This caused me to be in a state of heightened tension when I did dress in private.
Seeing myself dressed, and not dying immediately, I realized that I could do it and it would be OK. The tension relaxed....and the JOY increased.
That relaxation of tension and increase in joy is not unlike an Orgasm....yummy, and, in the case of dressing, longer lasting !

Then when it came to coming out to a support group, to BurningMan, to get coffee at Starbucks, to go shopping at <you name it>, to get a makeover at <you name it>, to go out to a club......

Every time the fear would rise, then I would go through with it and realize I would not suffer, and I'd get the pleasure of doing what I so love to do...relaxation of fear, onset of joy....another long-lived mini-O !

So the Forbidden Fruit was (and is) really a part...just a part...of my CD experience.

If I never had that Forbidden aspect, I'd always have to joy of doing what I love, what calms me, what expresses my feminine yearnings and personalities.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Brynna M
02-13-2008, 09:58 PM
I can remember playing dressup with little girls in preschool before I learned it was "wrong."

being honest there is some excitement but it seems to wear off after 15 mins of "dressing" but since I seem to have some desire to do this since I was too young to know "better" I don't think that forbidden fruit is all of the explaination.

B

JenniferR771
02-13-2008, 10:07 PM
Sure; forbidden fruit is a part of my experience. Every year I get bolder and bolder. I take more chances and live to tell about it.

In a way it is so typically macho, isn't it? Taking chances--and feeling so great when you are bold and return unscathed.

Can't you just hear me saying, "Hey guys, watch this!"

Kate Simmons
02-13-2008, 10:24 PM
I guess you could call it that if you look at it as some kind of propriety thing created by a binary thinking social system. Men are "supposed" to look and act one way, women the other. It becomes "forbidden" when we cross the line. Problem is, the "fruit" tastes pretty good and we usually want more. By doing this we actually crack the great "sexual mystique" barrier and discover new sensations and new feelings and enjoy a different kind of feedback than we are used to. Those who dig a bit deeper get past the initial rush and may start getting in touch with their feelings. At that point, it's not so much "forbidden" any more but more like "business as usual". It all depends on how we perceive it.:happy:

MarciManseau
02-13-2008, 11:22 PM
I don't think that's accurate Marci. My child went to a Christian school for one year.
She was tot that the earth is about 12,000 years old, and that dinosaurs never existed, but were "made up" by atheist scientists!

Oh, forbidden fruit? No idea if that is a reason why I CD.
RS

There's actually a museum in Kansas at a religious college that has a display of a man riding on a dinosaur. I heard this on CSpan from a man who had seen it.

Hugs, Marci

Melora
02-14-2008, 03:38 AM
As quoted by MarciManseau... In a previous post..
"It's all part of the religious right, the fundies that don't like anything they don't understand. These are the same ones that hate gays and think men used to ride dinosaurs. We are creatures of god, of nature, and nothing we do is bad or unnatural."

I LOVE YOU QUOTE! What a great one that it is indeed!