PDA

View Full Version : Does everone have a secret to hide?

Linda C
02-13-2008, 02:06 PM
You kind of have to wonder sometimes - does everyone have a secret that is lurking? I feel that almost everyone does - at some point in their life. Some go to great measures to hide that secret and some get to the point where they don't want to hide it anymore. Why do you think that is? Is it society telling us what is normal and so we have to go underground and hide certain things? On the other hand I think that people like to have a secret - personally I like mine... :happy:

KeriB
02-13-2008, 02:51 PM
Is it society telling us what is normal and so we have to go underground and hide certain things? :happy:

Sadly, yes...... I was going to say more but I'd rather stay out of the "politics" of life here on my happy forum day.

Nicole Erin
02-13-2008, 03:36 PM
Well, I have a shameful secret. This one is bad -
I once farted in an elevator where there were a bunch of midgets.

DanaJ
02-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Well, I don't believe I am telling this.... I hope no one ever finds this out, but...... I dress up like a girl sometimes :)

Linda C
02-13-2008, 03:49 PM

Good luck with that one! Oh and by the way if I wanted to hear an A--hole I would have farted - just like you!!!

annekathleen
02-13-2008, 03:57 PM
Some are cute little secrets,:heehee:

Some are deep dark secrets, :devil:

Some are better left alone!

Kate Simmons
02-13-2008, 04:16 PM
Mine is that I sometimes like to dress up like a guy. Hey, you asked. :heehee:Nope, don't have any reason to be secretive. I do, however, know of many things that the average person either would not believe or does not realize but they are not secrets per se.:happy:

sterling12
02-13-2008, 04:32 PM
There's a theory in psychology that goes something like this: "Every person has something(s) that they keep within themselves, sharing it with no one." So says the theory, that if you did not withhold some part of your psyche by keeping at least something(s) secret, then you would probably lose your essential identity and probably have deeply rooted problems. So, it's probably a reasonable assumption that you are right. Just about everyone hides secrets.

If you choose to make CD your "secret," that's up to you. But remember, it may be a fundamental thing in your life, and that will be a huge burden to keep it hidden. Probably better to keep the smaller stuff intact....like you don't like the taste of rutabaga's, or something like that.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Amy Hepker
02-13-2008, 04:38 PM
I do believe everybody has secrets. Sometimes we just don't tell until someone asks.

Bravesoul
02-13-2008, 04:42 PM
Well, I don't believe I am telling this.... I hope no one ever finds this out, but...... I dress up like a girl sometimes :)

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: :laughing::laughing:

Now that's funny..

angelfire
02-13-2008, 06:01 PM
I think everyone has secrets. Some just have more than others.

Deborah Jane
02-13-2008, 06:07 PM
I couldn,t possibly tell you!!..It,s secret!!:p

Linda C
02-13-2008, 06:31 PM
I love it - :devil: a bunch of wise girls!!!!

barbra
02-13-2008, 06:57 PM
i love to dress like a woman,i love it,i wish my boss would find out.i wish i could go out dress and no one cares what i am doing.:happy:

Phyliss
02-13-2008, 07:00 PM
Yes I do. Funny thing though, I've mentioned particular things to some people and other things to different people. I suppose if a good number of persons got together and compared notes, just about 98% of me would be "out in the open".
For years my wife thought she knew all about me, until I "came out". Still there are a few parts she doesn't know about, and I'd rather she didn't learn about them, however, a "friend" knows about those things, but not about some of the things my wife knows.
About all I'll say is, that there are a few things that will follow me to my grave and never be mentioned.

trannie T
02-13-2008, 07:14 PM
I have secrets, my passwords, my credit card numbers. I don't advertise my crossdressing but if anyone were to ask I would tell the truth.

deja true
02-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Gosh, I think sterling12 is right with that psych quote. Your secret may be that you dress. And don't you think that it also defines the rest of your life, too.? It's always there, in the back of your mind. Every comment you hear, your opinion or appreciation of everything you look at is colored by your secret. Some lines in a movie or a song affect you differenly than non-CDs.

You killed, you raped, you were raped, you cheated on the exam that let you pass the course that made your career. You used sub-standard materials in that building you built. You ruined someone's life or marriage with a lie or an unexcusable act. You let the one you truly loved marry someone else without telling them of your love.

It's the bad secrets we keep. And they affect our lives forever, one way or another. Our deep secrets make us act better sometimes out of remorse, or they make us worse and turn us inward with an all-encompassing guilt.

Yep, like the psych quote says, they mold our public and private lives.

Good secrets? Maybe no such thing... If something's really good, we shout to the housetops!

(public) respect and (non-secret) love,

deja

docrobbysherry
02-13-2008, 07:59 PM
We have layer upon layer of ever deeper, hidden thots and feelings. The older we get, the more layers we add.

There R secrets hidden so deep inside of each of us, we r not even aware of them!
Beware the, "monsters of the Id"! (Anyone remember that classic film?)
RS

TGMarla
02-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Me too! And sometimes it's more than sometimes!

You're right about society dictating that it be kept a secret. And keeping it secret, presumably to avoid ridicule and loss of esteem in the eyes of others, does get old after a while. But I didn't make the rules, I just ignored them to some extent.

I don't really like having this as a secret. I don't particularly want any secrets. I enjoy my privacy and my time to myself, but I could do without the secret part of it all.

And I really like it, too. I kinda hate it, and I like it at the same time.

:devil:

Dawn Marie
02-13-2008, 08:39 PM
Even when you tell your secret, you usually hold back some little part of it for yourself. I've told my secret to my wife but if she only knew the whole secret I think she would be totally in shock.

melissacd
02-13-2008, 08:42 PM
Wow this is a loaded question...hmmmm...where does one start?

inner_vixen86
02-13-2008, 08:43 PM
i enjoy the fact of living a dual life... it keeps things exciting and new an feels more intimate that way

Carrie
02-13-2008, 09:04 PM
I believe that everyone has some sort of secret. Some are more interesting than others and some secrets are better off remaining as secrets.

~C

MaidInCan
02-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Back in the past glories of TV, they made a game show of the theme of this thread.

chrissietoo
02-13-2008, 09:46 PM
I think we all have secrets, and we spend much to much energy keeping them from others. It's so much better to be open.

I was watchng Roger Clemens and MacNamee. Clemens looked (to me) so tortured, MacNamee was calm, he had nothing to cover up. Give me the honest cheat any time!

I sometimes "confess" things to people just to open them up, and I've discovered some really amazing things about people I never would have thought.

Sometimes our secrets are small, and still very important to us....here is a wonderful site:

http://postsecret.blogspot.com/

chrissie

Alex!
02-13-2008, 10:06 PM
The thing many people forget to consider, ironically, is that we do not live alone in the world. We live among many others with different views and beliefs. This means that sometimes a behavior may not be accepted as "normal". It sucks, but that's the way things work out. In time, crossdressing and transgendered people will be accepted, I believe, in so-called Western culture. In their place will be the discrimination of another behavior. It comes and goes as societies change.

Frankly, if crossdressing is the worst of our secrets, that ain't bad. There are folks out there with all sorts of dark secrets, some of which would land them in prison, or worse, on death row.

RobertaFermina
02-13-2008, 10:26 PM
Secrets are created when I have an uncertainty or certainty that I will not be (fully) accepted if I share particular facts or thoughts.

Based on this dynamic we, in history, have a host of "witch hunts" to recount, and in the annals of mental illness (and psuedo-mental-health), millions, if not billions conducting their own silent witch-hunts against themselves and others.

"We are only as sick as our secrets" - this impresses me.

I do have secrets that I share where it is safe to share them. I don't share them where it is not safe. I have the courage to share near the edge of safety, just to keep my sanity, and preventing my zone-of-safety from contracting to a pinhead within my psyche....that would be an unbearable prison indeed !

:rose: Did you know that .....? :rose:

Angie G
02-14-2008, 01:36 AM
I think that deep inside we want everyone to know buy that's not always possible. Not for me anyway :hugs:
Angie

Melora
02-14-2008, 02:49 AM
My secret is well known to but a few 1000 of people here on the WWW
I am a member of crossdressers.com and other such places.. so shhh....
Please dont tell anyone.. It might get out... :happy:

DeeAnn
02-14-2008, 03:35 AM
Secrets and their counterpart Exaggerations are nothing more than emotional makeup.

We use exaggerations to enhance our better emotional facets and secrets are kept under cover to avoid exposing our blemishes.

I think everyone has both. Everyone uses both. I imagine everyone adjusts their emotional makeup to fit the group or person they're with and the environment in which they find themeslelves.

Oh, and I think that we all check our emotional makeup frequently to make sure we are presenting our best side at all times. ;)

JoAnnDallas
02-14-2008, 10:38 AM
I still have secrets that I can not talk about even to my wife. Back in the 60/70's I worked in Military Intel and CIA. In fact it was only in 2000 that I finially could tell people what I did in Vietnam back in 1967/68. We now have a web site that documents these activities. In fact right after the web site went up, a posting said, 'If you still have any illegal photos, please upload them to the picture gallery. Yes many of us did take photos back then even if we were not suppose to do so. LOL

JessieB
02-14-2008, 12:00 PM
Sometimes our secrets are small, and still very important to us....here is a wonderful site:

http://postsecret.blogspot.com/I love it too. Thanks for the link.

Bethany_Anne_Fae
02-14-2008, 12:47 PM
Oh my yes.

Cindy N
02-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Who doesn't?

Joy Carter
02-14-2008, 04:18 PM
I come here to forget. :rolleyes:

LisaLedoux
02-14-2008, 05:12 PM
Yes.

shauna 9
02-14-2008, 05:18 PM
everyone has secrets.

KandisTX
02-14-2008, 05:25 PM
If you have a secret and you share it with even just one person. Is it still a secret? By definition a secret would be something you have that nobody else knows, yet once you share it with even that one person, it is no longer secret.

Yes, we all have secrets of one type or another and for many of us, crossdressing is our secret. While my co-workers do not all know about Kandis, there are some that I have confided in, and they have chosen to keep my secret as requested, but since they know it as well as I, it is not a true secret any longer.

Kandis:love:

chrissietoo
02-14-2008, 10:41 PM
If you have a secret and you share it with even just one person. Is it still a secret? By definition a secret would be something you have that nobody else knows, yet once you share it with even that one person, it is no longer secret.

Kandis:love:

Yes, that's true in a way, Kandis....a secret told is a little different.

Even so, there are some things that one or two people know about, that I still feel are secrets, mostly because nobody in my daily life knows about it.

An early secret, when I was in college, is that when I was hitchhiking in Europe in the summer I 'disappeared' for four days. I told my friends and family one story, but the truth was that an older man had picked me up, and I was having sex with him and his friends that whole time. Later, I told a gay friend that it happened, but I lost touch with him. So somebody knows...but it's been a secret--until now!

obsessedwithpantyhose
02-14-2008, 11:07 PM
no secrets here......i have nothing to hide.....:D

Linda C
02-14-2008, 11:33 PM
Damn chrissietoo - you sure have some dirty laundry!!

Suzy Harrison
02-15-2008, 04:42 AM
I'm sure we've all done something in the past that afterwards we wish we hadn't and feel ashamed for it - and it will always be a secret that we have to carry around with us.

shenangovalleygal
02-16-2008, 02:39 PM
now thats hilarious lol.

ok i was the 2nd gunman on the grassy knoll on november 23, 1963. thats right i took out jfk. i told the donner party to travel through the sierra nevadas. steered the titanic through iceburg alley.

no seriously, i did NOT spend 3 years in a psych ward. or did i...

akaCathy
02-17-2008, 09:35 AM
We all have secrets, some I will never share. Most will be shared if only someone asks the right question. I have always loved going to a new city and walking around knowing that no one knows anything about me. It is so liberating to think that everything about me is a secret, if only for a little while.

Helen MC
02-17-2008, 09:55 AM
Almost certainly! It could be a sexual secret, it could be in some other connection, but I am sure we all have some secret we either do not wish anyone to know or only those others who would be either sympathetic or indifferent and most of all would keep that secret to themselves.

Nadia-Maria
02-17-2008, 12:16 PM
It's normal to have secrets.
But you have to be able to come out if necessary.
If you are not able to, whereas it would be necessary, there the problem is.

For example it is better not to tell anybody all what you may think of them or about what they do. So you may keep secret part of your knowledge.
However, in certain circumstances you have to share part of this knowledge. sometimes with the people themselves. If you can't, you fail to your duty.

Hugs

Nadia-Maria

chrissietoo
02-19-2008, 12:45 AM
Damn chrissietoo - you sure have some dirty laundry!!

that ain't the half of it....fortunately, the dirt washes out....:thumbsup:

:happy: chrissie

Dalece
02-19-2008, 04:01 AM
Wow! I have nothing to hide you all said it all.

Joann0830
02-19-2008, 04:16 AM
Linda it really is a great question and I have to say in psych they do teach you that they who deny a secret has a secret, I know I have one and yes I keep it close as maybe it could harm me or someone around me. Its funny because in government & politics they teach them to deny, deny, deny its basically all secrets. Look at every member of government here or abroad and it is always funny when we catch someone with their deep darkest secret and expose it, its fun when :straightface:you listen to them fumble with a bogus answer. Joann0830

Jill
02-19-2008, 03:59 PM
Without having read all the other posts....

I had a friend mention this to me once, she was someone who I had shared my secret with and we talked a little about the personal shame that I had experienced over the years regarding being a crossdresser. She told me that she believed that every single person has a skeleton in their closet, something that they hid from others, a secret. I've since had this debate with other friends and other people, asking them their opinion. And once or twice using it as a means in which I introduced my secret to others.

I think it is human nature to have secrets, I think people like having secrets, like hiding things from others and having things about themselves that others don't know.

Linda C
02-19-2008, 05:52 PM
Without having read all the other posts....

I had a friend mention this to me once, she was someone who I had shared my secret with and we talked a little about the personal shame that I had experienced over the years regarding being a crossdresser. She told me that she believed that every single person has a skeleton in their closet, something that they hid from others, a secret. I've since had this debate with other friends and other people, asking them their opinion. And once or twice using it as a means in which I introduced my secret to others.

I think it is human nature to have secrets, I think people like having secrets, like hiding things from others and having things about themselves that others don't know.

Hey Jill love your answer - I think that you hit the nail on the head - clean and clear. I love posting on this site but, some people seem to go on some rants that evade the questions or they turn it around in some fashion (seems to be true of most blogs.) Please don't get me wrong, I love the diversity of the answers - but I am not looking for a life lesson or angry diatribe - I guess that is a societal condition - who knows. :D

p.s. I love most of the other answers too - I was just ranting - not looking to hurt anyones feelings - K?