PDA

View Full Version : Me and my monkey

TGMarla
02-13-2008, 08:32 PM
Everybody's got something to hide, 'cept for me and my monkey.Except that I keep mine more or less under wraps. Paul may not hide his (whatever it is), but I do for the most part.

My monkey.

Mine is crossdressing. I've been doing it so long, it seems more like "normal dressing". I don't dress up every day, but I think about it every day. It's like an addiction. I hear that it's wrong, but I do it anyway. It costs me money, but I do it anyway. It's detrimental, sometimes, in that I crossdress rather than get things done that are on my "to do" list. So it eats up my time that may well be spent doing other things. I'm drawn to it in a way such that it feels like I have to do it. It's like I have little choice in the matter.

But it makes me feel whole, in a sort of hollow way. I feel fulfilled when I do it, but the hunger just returns. It's my heroin. It's my jones.

It's my monkey.

PS: "Originally posted by....?" Oh, well. Maybe he didn't post it here.

Raquel June
02-13-2008, 11:00 PM
Everybody likes monkeys!

http://lh6.google.com/brettland/RVDF35mOABI/AAAAAAAAAOc/2tdL2I-8ynI/s288/target%20monkey%20512x288.jpg

I don't think the Beatles' monkey song (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everybody's_Got_Something_to_Hide_Except_Me_and_My _Monkey) was about addiction, though -- that was George Michael's monkey song (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_%28song%29) :)

Missy Anne
02-13-2008, 11:09 PM
So, where's the problem?

Missy Anne

Edwina
02-13-2008, 11:36 PM
My monkey.

Mine is crossdressing. I've been doing it so long, it seems more like "normal dressing". I don't dress up every day, but I think about it every day. It's like an addiction. I hear that it's wrong, but I do it anyway. It costs me money, but I do it anyway. It's detrimental, sometimes, in that I crossdress rather than get things done that are on my "to do" list. So it eats up my time that may well be spent doing other things. I'm drawn to it in a way such that it feels like I have to do it. It's like I have little choice in the matter.

But it makes me feel whole, in a sort of hollow way. I feel fulfilled when I do it, but the hunger just returns. It's my heroin. It's my jones.

It's my monkey.

PS: "Originally posted by....?" Oh, well. Maybe he didn't post it here.

Mine too. :happy:

:love:

Edwina

Angie G
02-14-2008, 01:10 AM
I love my Monkey :hugs:
Angie

docrobbysherry
02-14-2008, 01:58 AM
I would say a LOT more about this subject, but I need to go preen me monkey!
RS

Melora
02-14-2008, 02:07 AM
I have done it and still do cross dress, because it makes me happy and releases the stresses in my life. I guess it may be an addiction but a good one and not unhealthy in any way except for the pocket book and time, = No harm done :)

Phyliss
02-14-2008, 04:47 AM
More fun than a barrel of monkeys

bEEb
02-14-2008, 08:58 AM
I love my monkey. Sometimes it gets urgent and out of control. At that point ... I just spank it, and the urgency goes away.

Mary Jane
02-14-2008, 09:07 AM
Well said, Marla. I think that is how many of us feel.

shauna 9
02-14-2008, 10:24 AM
I love my monkey.

Angela Burke
02-14-2008, 10:57 AM
"Originally Posted by Paul McCartney
Everybody's got something to hide, 'cept for me and my monkey."

Wasn't Paul Marla it was the other one!
Paul was the Walrus!

Nicki B
02-14-2008, 11:02 AM
And I thought this was a Robbie Williams (http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/robbiewilliams/meandmymonkey.html) thread... :rolleyes:

Angela Burke
02-14-2008, 11:26 AM
I think "Me and my teddy bear" is much nicer.

In the house next door right next to mine
a little boy lives there
at Xmas time dear Santa Claus
brought him a teddy bear

He loves his little teddy bear
he's with it all day long
and the sweetest thing I've ever heard
is to hear him sing this song

Me and my teddy bear
have no worries, have no cares
me and my teddy bear
just play and play all day

I love my teddy bear
he has one eye and has no hair
but I love my teddy bear
we play and play all day

Every night he's with me
when I climb up the stairs
and by my bed he listens
until I say my prayers

Oh, me and my teddy bear
me and my teddy bear

Every night he's with me
when I climb up the stairs
and by my bed he listens
until I say my prayers

Oh, me and my teddy bear
me and my teddy bear

jennifer41356
02-14-2008, 12:09 PM
Monkey see, Monkey do.....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:love:

Fab Karen
02-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Someone is on here calling themself Paul McCartney?
Anyway, that was a song of John Lennon's commenting on how people would make racist comments about his wife ( Yoko ).

KandisTX
02-14-2008, 04:55 PM
And who can forget that wonderful quote from Chris Griffin of The Family Guy "There's an evil monkey in my closet".

Then again for most of us that would be "There's a gorgeous monkey in my closet".

Kandis:love:

tricia_uktv
02-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Weren't there three wise monkeys?

carhill2mn
02-14-2008, 05:15 PM
Hi Marla, there are many of us here who feel just like you do.
Welcome!

Eugenie
02-14-2008, 05:32 PM
So [crossdressing] eats up my time that may well be spent doing other things. I'm drawn to it in a way such that it feels like I have to do it.
Yes, same here :o. That's what came out as the worse thing my wife felt about my x-dressing. Untill she told me, following a severe crisis over my x-dressing, she said to me "It is less the fact that you x-dress that is really a problem. It is the fact that you do nothing else... You spend your time on various forums, you think about it all the time... We can't do anything because I see you are so immersed into it... I can't stand it anymore"...

That's when I realised that it wasn't her who didn't understand me, but me, with my egocentric behavior, who I didn't understand her...

With her exceptional tolerant attitude and intelligence, she told me something similar to what you express :

It's like I have little choice in the matter.

Yes, I don't have much choice about my desire to x-dress... She recognized that. But I have a dutty to respect her feelings as she respects mine... So we came to some mutual concessions and dos and don'ts...

Since then life is a lot better for both of us :happy:

:hugs:
Eugenie

deja true
02-14-2008, 06:59 PM
Ya wanna quit monkeying around, you guys?

NEVER!!!

(simian) respect & (hot monkey) love

deja

teresa jeen
02-14-2008, 08:38 PM
yes of course we spank the monkey, what a monkey she is!! it takes a loong time to do it right! not just a flitting moment!!: sorry ( a fleeting!!) moment. darnt, i cant keep-em straight

TGMarla
02-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Wasn't Paul Marla it was the other one!
Paul was the Walrus!Perhaps it was John Lennon who sang that one. My bad. One can usually tell them apart. It was about Yoko? Too bad, then, that he didn't hide his monkey!

:devil:

Anyway, Paul was NOT the Walrus. That was John.

Nice post, Eugenie.

teresa jeen
02-14-2008, 09:08 PM
i have a book of the impressions of the beetles illustrated, any thoughts? possibly worth anything?

Dawn Marie
02-14-2008, 09:30 PM
Sometimes my urge feels more like a gorilla, than a monkey.

LilSissyStevie
02-14-2008, 09:47 PM
I might be more like Homer Simpson with his pig.

"Spiderpig, Spiderpig, Does whatever a Spiderpig does"

docrobbysherry
02-14-2008, 10:32 PM
Isn't it high time u threw a Monkey Wrench into this thread?
RS

PS: Et tu, deja?

Marvina Martian
02-15-2008, 01:55 AM
Being a monkey is great, just don't let it turn into being a chimp.... ;)

Angela Burke
02-15-2008, 06:04 AM
Perhaps it was John Lennon who sang that one. My bad. One can usually tell them apart. It was about Yoko? Too bad, then, that he didn't hide his monkey!

:devil:

Anyway, Paul was NOT the Walrus. That was John.

Nice post, Eugenie.

Marla I am not a Beatles obsessive, they were good but I preferred the Who. But in the song "Glass Onion" from the same album as "Monkey"
Lennon sings "Well here's another clue for you all, The Walrus was Paul".

Kate Simmons
02-15-2008, 10:05 AM
As long as the monkey "shines", I don't see a problem.;):happy:

NatieBe
02-15-2008, 04:33 PM
SOooooo.... What's the prob?????

Danielle Hyatt
02-21-2008, 12:57 AM
I love to monkey around:tongueout

YOUR INSIDE IS OUT AND YOUR OUTSIDE IS IN
YOUR OUTSIDE IS IN AND YOUR INSIDE IS OUT

SO COME ON

theresa
02-21-2008, 02:08 AM
Gonna give my monkey a cup and let him sit on my shoulder. Then go out and shop for clothes with the proceeds.

Stephanie Anne
02-21-2008, 02:14 AM
My monkey is so very happy becasue in the past few years clothing is becoming more neutral so I can be fully dresed and yet not be at the same time.

Of course I do not think going out in a nice skirt , stockings and heels would go over so well at work (lord knows there are days where pants are a drag and all I want is nice skirt and cami on)

MWCMDarlene
02-21-2008, 06:01 AM
I think that the Monkee's took the last train to Clarksville.

Mary Morgan
02-21-2008, 10:08 AM
I look forward to the day when we can just enjoy who we are, let others enjoy who they are and not worry about it. Would you feel guilty about spending time reading to make you more enlightened? How about feeling guilty about being on vacation to relax and rewind? Unless you are consumed with your dressing, enjoy it.