PDA

View Full Version : Have you used a match-making site and...

deja true
02-14-2008, 03:16 PM
... clicked the menu choice that indicated you were trans? ( As in " TV looking for GG...). I'm not interested in your searches for sexual liasons, I'm interested in searches for friendship and an SO.

Did it work? Were you contacted by GG's that accepted you? And finally...did anything ever come of it? Good or bad experience?

(Obviously many of these don't give you the choice to declare that you are trans, but there are some that do.)

curiouser and curiouser...

deja

docrobbysherry
02-14-2008, 11:51 PM
I'm on " Date a Cd.com". Joined there 4 months ago, same as here. I've gotten, or I SHOULD say, Sherry has gotten, a LOT of attention from CDs there. Even tho I listed myself as "straight". 2 GGs that lived not too far away contacted me. One, wanted to help me dress and put on makeup. She scared me. The other said "Sherry intimidates me, she's like a movie star". So, I guess I scared her! U can't search for GGs on that site, because so many CDs list themselves as " Woman looking for a CD".

I've had better luck on Match.com. But have NOT mentioned CDing there!
RS

Deborah_UK
02-15-2008, 02:05 AM
Not a match making site but in my old ICQ profile I'd put something along the lines of "transgendered, would like to chat to understanding females".

I made some good online friends through that and came over to America to meet up with three of them - had a great time. I'm still in contact with one of the three some nine(!) - (where does the time go!) years later.

And I still speak to a couple of the GGs I met online from the UK as well.

And all were purely friendship.

fun4metoo2004
02-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Yes I have. With absolutely no luck. I have not had luck with any of the dating sites. Not ever for just sex. I guess I am not the "Dating" type.

I know I am ranting, however...

JessieB
02-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Yes I have. With absolutely no luck. I have not had luck with any of the dating sites. Not ever for just sex. I guess I am not the "Dating" type.

I know I am ranting, however...After having profiles up on the adult dating sites for quite some time and tiring of the neanderthal mindset there, I tried to post CD profiles on a couple of the mainstream dating sites but my registration was rejected.

Alicia_lynn419
02-15-2008, 07:44 PM
I've had a LOT of luck meeting accepting GGs on sites like OKCupid.com and Myspace.com (both I have a fem profile on). Have made some really GREAT friends on there. I've also been on match.com, but have not mentioned the CDing on there, nor have I met anyone on there yet I felt a need to share with... Oh well.. Just let that subscription expire and now I'm trying e-harmony.com..... Still hoping to meet that CD friendly girl of my dreams.. aren't we all?

I'd be interested in knowing if anyone has had success by mentioning their trans status on a "mainstream dating site".

shirley1
02-20-2008, 08:06 PM
yeh i have posted an ad in a cd dating site - little or no responce apart from guys even though i advertised myself as cder looking for female (waste of time!)

however i have also posted an advert on a personal column - as a cder looking to meet female for friendship/relationship - but all the replies seem to be coming from ggs in africa or russia - many of them seem desperately unhappy with their lives and previous relationships with abusive men - they can obviously speak and understand english enough to know i have advetised myself as a cder - so my first reaction was looking for a meal ticket to this country - but could it be they just want a caring guy who maybe sounds appealing if hes more in touch with his feminine side ? i'm not sure - dont know how youd meet that far away anyway - but in my quest to find an accepting gg maybe i shouldnt rule this option out 1

SweetCaroline
02-20-2008, 08:27 PM
I have used Match.com, it's how I met my current GF.

I did not however mention that I was trans at first. I only said I was an artist. I responded to her profile for a number of reasons, but one of them was that she had mentioned that she was a dance student, and that she had been involved in dance shows. That was kinda a clue for me that she might potentially understand dressing up and putting on make-up.

It's been over a year later, and while nothing serious has developed, I think we are on the right path. I've not only come out to her as Trans, but she has joined the T-girl social groups I've been a part for months now, and has become a wonderfully supportive member of our community. :happy:

deja true
02-20-2008, 10:07 PM
Shirley, I'd be real careful about answering any missive from Africa or Eastern Europe. There probably are genuine people there, but there's no reason to go so far from home. Don't we hear every day about another scam of some sort coming from these places? And those who are into bank fraud and that sort of thing probably wouldn't hesitate to do a little extortion or blackmail either.

Home is where the real heart will be.

deja

shirley1
02-20-2008, 10:26 PM
Shirley, I'd be real careful about answering any missive from Africa or Eastern Europe. There probably are genuine people there, but there's no reason to go so far from home. Don't we hear every day about another scam of some sort coming from these places? And those who are into bank fraud and that sort of thing probably wouldn't hesitate to do a little extortion or blackmail either.

Home is where the real heart will be.

deja

yeh it sounds a bit too good to be true doesnt it ! accepting gg replies to your ad and doesnt even mention the fact youve advertised yourself as a cder ! i'm level headed not stupid well not too much at least ! just live in hope thats all an accepting gg would really answer my prays - along with most of the cders on this site !

never give up hope i guess ! you never know whats around the corner !