PDA

View Full Version : How to kill a transperson

Sophie Yeats
02-15-2008, 03:21 PM
I came across this in my LJ readings today.
It is very powerful and touched me deeply and I thought I'd share it with you.

http://community.livejournal.com/transgender/1551868.html#cutid1

- Sophie

waspookie6
02-15-2008, 04:21 PM
I'd have to go to the political forum after reading that, there is just no way to reply here without going off on a tangent not appropriate for this forum.

Thank you for posting it. Food for thought keeps us mindful of what is going on around us.

Lora Olivia
02-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Powerful thought provoking prose. Thanks for posting

Joy Carter
02-15-2008, 06:30 PM
I had a career in law enforcement. I can tell you officers are bound by law, and the constitution to protect any and all persons, they have swore to protect. I've read other such stories where people who are differant, were treated less than others by the police. It's possable but more unlikely, given given the legal trouble an officer can find himself in, for failing to perform his sworn duty. Most officers like it better than anything to bust some offender, no matter who the victim is. Your gonna find a few who are jerks. But the same goes for some us too.

kerrianna
02-15-2008, 09:05 PM
Thanks for posting the link Sophie. It is a very powerfully written piece... and it needs to be heard over and over until people get it.

I'll go comment on LJ directly as I belong to that community.

Katie Ashe
02-18-2008, 10:46 PM
Ok, I'm done mad. This is the kind of :swear: that gets me going. I gave 10 years of my life to the USAF, and was forced to act out in other ways, then the SOB's tried to send me to Leavenworth. Why Cause: couldn't tell them... Don't ask, Don't tell, Get the hell out policy. I feel killed, I have no family left really except a 6 or 7 poeple. I'm very alone, stressed, struggling and hurt. Well to all whom hate us: F_U. We are the furture, so get used to it. Screw with us and we'll convert your kids, to be an ally at the least. I'm so sick of Hipocrites...:biteme: