PDA

View Full Version : Wardrobe Size for other FAST CHANGERS

Ria
02-15-2008, 06:24 PM
What regulates your wardrobe size?

How many pairs of shoes, skirts, nylons, etc do you own and how large is it?

My list of constraints to the size of my femme wardrobe in order of highest limiting factors to the leaste is:

1. Placing to HIDE the stuff. I have a gun locker that has more shoes and skirts in it than guns! and one large luggage case (locked)

Where else can I hide this crap? This is my biggest constraint.

2. Places to BUY this stuff, I can only walk into a store so aften before I get recognized as a regular purchaser of womens cloths. That's not for me. Ebay is good as long as I intercept the incoming package from Mr Postman. A package that says the sender is "Cutsy Shoes" does cause concern for me.

3. Lastly, COST of the items is a smaller factor. Not that I cant offord to buy the stuff, I just have troubles justifying it. I already own a lot of items considering the limited space I have to store it. do NEED more? of course not. It's a hobby.

These are the factors that limit my wardrobe size. I'd be interested in knowing if any of you have any clever ideas on where or how to hide your items from wives etc.

I know... Here comes the "Why dont you just tell her" and "Embrace this part of your life" and "She's going to find out anyways" My answer to this is NOT YET. Someday probably, but not now. End of that discussion.

This post goes out to the FAST CHAGERS. I'm looking for strategies on keeping a secret not strategies for disclosing one.

No disrespect to those of you on the openess program.

TGMarla
02-15-2008, 07:45 PM
I find myself with somewhat similar constraits. A few years ago, I didn't have much in the way of my own wardrobe. I wore my wife's stuff. Most of the time it fit me okay. I always tried to be real careful, and treat the stuff like it was my own. But rooting around in her things behind her back was wrong, and the situation demanded that I get my own stuff.

Enter Ebay. My wife has a set work schedule that allows me to get the mail every day. I simply ask the sellers to ship on a certain day, and it virtually guarantees that I will get the package. Now, this didn't work quite right once, and she intercepted the package. What a barrell of monkeys that was! But that's another story.

Anyway, I've become quite the shopaholic on Ebay. I have purchased somewhere around 25 dresses, several sweaters, a skirt or two, and four pairs of shoes. I only have so much room in the suitcases where I stash the stuff. So I wind up purging the ones that don't fit as well as I'd like. Then I shop some more.

Where does it end???? (It probably doesn't!)

Anyway, since she know I dress, but doesn't talk to me about it, I hide the stuff mostly in my closet behind all my neckties. I keep it in a few suitcases and a locking toolbox. Out in the garage I have a shelf where I stash tools and seasonal items like Christmas lights. I also have a few cases out there with stuff in it that I don't wear a lot, but can't seem to part with. She doesn't root around in either place, so it's worked for me so far.

Nicole Erin
02-15-2008, 10:15 PM
If I see something I cannot live without I will likely buy it. For the size of my wardrobe, it is not real huge, I have enough to choose from tho.
I don't really make rules for the size my wardrobe needs to be.

JenniferR771
02-15-2008, 10:34 PM
I see you problem Fastchanger,
My wife now knows, but strongly disapproves. So most of my wardrobe is stored in boxes in my outdoor garden shed-locked--but she knows it is there. Also, inside I have a few nicer outfits stored in garment bags in the far back corner of my closet. Behind the sport coats I never wear. Plus the stuff in my gym bag behind the seat of my pickup.

My makeup sometimes freezes, but so far has thawed without problems. Almost all of my clothes are thrift shop origin. Now the girls there know me so no problem there. They are even nice to me.

Also 6 wigs in shoe boxes. She has treatened to throw it out at times.

Ria
02-15-2008, 11:53 PM
Ok, you are the ladies that I can relate to. I'm partially outed also, my wife knows of my afinity for pantyhose, shes seems ok with it. I'm a cyclist and shave my legs every other day. She likes it. (lucky there) I don't prance around the house in nylons but I do work in my office wearing them with shorts etc. She also knows about a skirt I had forgotten about in the downstairs bathroom drawer. Moreover, a pair of shoes from a one time CD halloween costume that never seems to get tossed from 4 yrs ago. She's no idiot.

In short, she knows something is up, I know that. She's a great wife and wont pry too deep. However, if she found my main stash: an old school locker chocked full of skirts, dresses, shoes, boots and panyhose. Many bought from eBay. I think I'd have a problem on my hands.

Funny, I do the same thing. accumlate until full capacity is reached then purge the least favorite items from the collection. Problem is, I have purged a couple of items I wished I had kept! Sucks! I guess it's time to dedicate a tool box in the garage for the less favorite items. I'm sure this has been discussed here.

I never return items due to the wrong size. I live with it or toss it. Such waste hey. Just not interested in the cashier confrontation. It's stressfull enough buying it in the first place.

I'm sure many of you are shaking your head "poor sap, worried too much about what people think" If I told you what I do for a living you would understand more but that's not happening.

Angie G
02-16-2008, 12:17 AM
I don't hide that i dress at home the wife is OK with it. I have about 25 or so skirts And about 16 pairs of shoes And tops and hose and bras and panties yep I 've got it all hun :hugs:
Angie

O2B Barbara
02-16-2008, 08:16 AM
From what you say your wife may know already but may be respecting the fact that you still feel the need to hide it. Break it to her gently, if she knows about the 4 year old shoes and the shaving & nylons you are half way there already. Possibly no more shopping & storage problems.

As for what you do for a living, I don't think anyone here would care what your profession is. It seems there is no discrimination where CD is concerned.

As for shopping, it is for the wife. If I am in a shock factor mood I may say it is for me and laugh. Keeps the clerks guessing. Returns, I have never been asked why I am returning. I usually start with "my wife asked me to return this" or I picked the wrong size for my wife.

Darlene-VA
02-16-2008, 08:38 AM
I would not worry about the shopping aspect of it, nowadays the sales clerk coundn't give a hoot who you are shopping for from what I've seen. They are just doing their job and most of the stores I go to they respect my wishes when I tell them I'm doing fine and will ask if I need some help.

Raquel June
02-16-2008, 10:06 AM
With any hobby or obsession, you actually need some constraints or it'll get totally out of control. I live alone and I have very little trouble buying (and even returning) women's clothes, but that just means that it's taken over more than half my closet, and there's still tons of stuff in bins under my bed and in my attic.

If you're trying to hide it from someone, there's really no substitute for keeping the wardrobe small and making things easy for yourself. Several CDs here can fit their whole wardrobe in the trunk of their car. It sucks having a small wardrobe, but it's better than trying to stash it 100 different places and worrying about it being found.

I know... Here comes the "Why dont you just tell her" and "Embrace this part of your life" and "She's going to find out anyways" My answer to this is NOT YET. Someday probably, but not now. End of that discussion.

No disrespect to those of you on the openess program.

There are plenty CDs who don't want anyone to know... nothing wrong with that.

Ok, you are the ladies that I can relate to. I'm partially outed also, my wife knows of my afinity for pantyhose, shes seems ok with it. I'm a cyclist and shave my legs every other day. She likes it. (lucky there) I don't prance around the house in nylons but I do work in my office wearing them with shorts etc. She also knows about a skirt I had forgotten about in the downstairs bathroom drawer. Moreover, a pair of shoes from a one time CD halloween costume that never seems to get tossed from 4 yrs ago. She's no idiot.

In short, she knows something is up, I know that. She's a great wife and wont pry too deep. However, if she found my main stash: an old school locker chocked full of skirts, dresses, shoes, boots and panyhose. Many bought from eBay. I think I'd have a problem on my hands.

OK, here's the part that I don't get, and similar stories show up quite a bit.

You don't want to tell your wife. But then you turn around and say that your wife already knows. She knows you shave your legs (and obviously she knows it's not just because you're a cyclist). You wear pantyhose under shorts in front of her? She caught you stashing a skirt in a bathroom drawer. And you dressed up as a woman for Halloween four years ago and won't get rid of any of the items.

Just think about it for a second. Shaving your legs and sitting around the house in pantyhose with shorts on top of them is ten times weirder than just going all the way and dressing up like a woman in front of her now and then.

You act like she doesn't know, but she does. She knows pretty much everything. The only thing she doesn't know is how much girlie stuff you have stashed, but she probably suspects that, too.

The real problem is that she knows you're hiding things from her, and if you wear pantyhose in front of her, that probably really hurts her wondering why you can't be honest with her and she has to stumble across things when she already knows. Maybe she doesn't want to see it, but just having some honesty would keep her from worrying about you sneaking out and cheating on her or whatever weird ideas she probably has spinning around in her head about what it is that you're trying to hide.

Nicole Erin
02-16-2008, 11:40 AM
The best way to hide anything is hide it in a place a person would never think to look. ;) You can come up with something from there.

Well here is an example - I once saw one of my neighbors nearly starve to death until I told him I hid his food stamps inside his work boots.

angelfire
02-16-2008, 12:56 PM
At the moment, I still get nervous buying, so that is one factor that affects my wardrobe size. I still live at home, but even though my parents know and accept it, they don't want to see or hear it, so ordering things online that get delivered is a no-go, which does limit a number of options (I will be moving out hopefully in less than a year, or I might get a PO box).

So getting shoes is an issue, since I have large feet, and can generally only find my size online.

Space is also an issue, albeit a smaller one. I basically have a box in my closet where I keep 90% of my stuff, and I keep my one pair of shoes in a box for steel-toed boots I had bought for work. My wardrobe has began to expand beyond the confines of that box, as I now have a second, smaller box that I keep under my bed (for now). I also stash a few things in my filing cabinet (stuff I don't wear often or ever) and a few drawers (stuff I wear more often).

I will likely be purging a bunch of stuff I no longer like soon anyway, or stuff that doesn't quite fit, to make room for more, and better stuff.

Ria
02-16-2008, 01:23 PM
Writen by Racquel937:

"...Shaving your legs and sitting around the house in pantyhose with shorts on top of them is ten times weirder than just going all the way and dressing up like a woman in front of her now and then."

I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you on that one. Me wearing nude panyhose under shorts is probably view as wierd by my wife... Agreed. However, dressing up in full drag in front of her once in while is LESS wierd!?

I think not my friend. How would this be less wierd?

Raquel June
02-17-2008, 02:28 PM
Writen by Racquel937:

"...Shaving your legs and sitting around the house in pantyhose with shorts on top of them is ten times weirder than just going all the way and dressing up like a woman in front of her now and then."

I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you on that one. Me wearing nude panyhose under shorts is probably view as wierd by my wife... Agreed. However, dressing up in full drag in front of her once in while is LESS wierd!?

I think not my friend. How would this be less wierd?

OK, I suppose it's open for debate :)

But where I'm coming from is just sort of a "what's going on in your mind that would make you do that?" perspective. That is, what kind of an opinion do these actions give you about a person?

I'm not a married woman and it's not exactly reasonable for me to try to put myself in that mindset, but let me try anyway for a second. If my husband liked to dress up like a girl once a week and prance around the house, I might be thinking, "Hmm. I wish he were a little more masculine. Is he gay? What his deal? What kind of gender identity problem does he have?" But if my husband just liked to wear pantyhose around several times a week, I'd be thinking more along the lines of, "What that about? My husband is a total pervert! Is he gay? What's his deal?"

I guess you can't necessarily say one is "weirder" than the other...

But in practice, when I would wear pantyhose around when I was alone it would just kinda make me horny then I would feel stupid afterwards. Dressing up and going out, on the other hand, makes me just really happy all over, and having an outlet for my feminine side makes me more comfortable being masculine the rest of the week. So we're no doubt coming from different places.

Ria
02-17-2008, 03:06 PM
Yeah... I'm not really sure if I'm debating you about something or what we are debating about?

If you think I'm wierd due to my story then that's cool with me. I don't really care I guess.

It seems to me that there are many different types of CDrs here. It's a mental thing, a neuroassociation of some kind that keeps us CDing. You do your thing, I'll do mine. We'll both do it for different reasons.