PDA

View Full Version : Close call!!

Jaydee
02-15-2008, 07:27 PM
Hi all,
I thought I would pass this on. I just had the closest call I have ever had with my wife and my CDing.
She volunteers all day Friday from 7AM to 4PM. She always calls before coming home and it usually takes her about an hour to get home after calling, so I have more than enough time to change back to drab.
At 2PM I was sitting at the dining table working on taxes, when I heard the front door open. OMG! I ran to and looked towards the front door. It was open. The options were it was my wife, our daughter coming home from college unannounced, or a burglar in mid day. I ran up the stairs to our bedroom grabbed some clothes and quickly changed in about 15 seconds. "must control breath". I gave passing thought to throwing the femme clothes in the shower, but chose my part of the closet.
It was my wife. I met her in the hall way. She had lost her cell phone, was upset and decided to come home early. Then she said she wanted to take a quick shower. (Sound of bullet being dodged). I got everything put back in its hiding place while she was showering. Whew!!
I have been working on her acceptance, but seeing me in a skirt, blouse, pantyhose, bra and heels might have been too much to take. Just thought I would let you know.

Jaydee

TGMarla
02-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Ouch. That's a real nightmare. I had a similar experience once many years ago, and wound up hiding from her in the guest bathroom for a few minutes. That would not happen were she to come home and surprise me today. It would still be very uncomfortable, but I would not hide. She knows about it now anyway, she hasn't dumped me or run away, we still love each other, and we plan on being married forever. But it would still be real uncomfortable. Given my 'druthers, I just as soon it never happens. But if it does, well........there will be no hiding.

Shelly Preston
02-15-2008, 08:15 PM
I would say that was too close for comfort :eek:

Kristen Marie
02-15-2008, 09:28 PM
And if she was upset when she got home without her cell phone, imagine how calm she would have been to find you in a skirt. Keep the door closed and locked!!

Jaydee
02-15-2008, 10:57 PM
Hi all,
This experience certainly wasn't in my plan for "baby steps"
toward coming out. I didn't know I could run that fast and quietly in heels. I guess like so many others have said no matter how good you are at keeping secrets, something will always eventually trip you up. I now see the hand writing on the wall, and may have to take my baby steps a little quicker.

Jaydee

Angie G
02-16-2008, 12:31 AM
Been there done that hun. thank god I no longer have to hide it form her :hugs:
Angie

Ria
02-16-2008, 12:40 AM
WOW! LOL... Hah! I can relate dude! I have had a similar face flushing experience.

It's like you have the house in lock-down with all angles covered including communication, points of egress, emergency pants and loose fitting shirts available in pre planned areas. You just can't plan for everything though hey. Sometimes you have to hussle!

Sandra
02-16-2008, 11:01 AM
I have been working on her acceptance

Perhaps next time she "volunteers " why not mention that you might dress? and if she agrees but doesn't want to see you she can ring and give you plenty of time to change.