PDA

View Full Version : Heels and drab?

Ms Victoria
02-16-2008, 09:08 AM
Anyone ever go out in heels, fem jeans and the rest drab? I've done the whole dress up thing a few times. It takes time to get all dolled up. I've also worn my Gloria Vanderbelt jeans and 3-4 inch heels wearing guy top, no wig, breast forms or make up. What do you think? Is this risky? Wrong? Nuts?

Sandra
02-16-2008, 10:49 AM
I don't think it's risky, wrong or nuts, if you're comfy doing that then do it. :)

Tamara Croft
02-16-2008, 10:58 AM
It seems to be the new fashion.. I've seen it on TV - guys wearing high heels... and in a music video.. think it was Kylie Minogue... You wear what you like :D if it's nuts, who cares? lol :D

Rachel Morley
02-16-2008, 01:18 PM
Wearing heels in boy mode seem risky or scary to some, but to me I think it's totally the right thing to do if you want to. :happy:

For me, ... well, I'm a crossdresser, I like to wear women's clothes, but I also sometimes don't want to wear padding, forms, wig and lots of makeup. So what do I do? ... I partially dress. However, I also don't want to be restricted to staying in the house. The answer for me is to under dress and also dress in casual girl's clothes (but not skirts or dresses) as a woman my age would do. i.e. women's jeans, women's t-shirts and cardigans, feminine hoodies and tennis shoes etc. I know this isn't for everyone, but you can "push the envelope" as little or as much as you like. Ok, I do think it makes me look like a feminized male and I think people (presumably?) think I am gay. :idontknow: ... but so what?

Anyway, my point is, if you want to wear heels in boy mode, and you're confident to be able to handle any "looks" or "comments" I say go for it ... you might be surprised how easy and rewarding it is .. that's how it was for me when I first found out that I can openly wear fairly obvious women's clothes in a "girly-boy mode" without any negative consequences. Only one time did I get called a "faggot" ... most of the time people either ignore me or just smile. :happy:

lauraletsrock
02-16-2008, 03:42 PM
Unless you're strolling in a sensitive place (like near where you work), most people won't care.

Actually, if you simply add your hairpiece, earrings and lipstick, your look won't be all that much different from a lot of girls.

Emma DVS
02-16-2008, 03:51 PM
...Ive tried short heels and long jeans, but miles from where I live, and not for long ...xXx Emma

Alice B
02-16-2008, 08:15 PM
I'll have to give it a try. I think that it would work in todays world and no one would give a s--t.:heehee:

Lisa Rose
02-16-2008, 08:24 PM
I'm trying to build up the courage. I wear skirt 'en drab' all of the time but for some reason heels seem more risky. Luv the look tho. I think heels make any outfit more sexy.

SandyR
02-16-2008, 08:43 PM
Seems a bit risky......but then such is Life!

Hugs!

SandyR

slamddoger
02-16-2008, 08:52 PM
it depend on were you live in small town it might be to risky but in big towen you might get away whith it

Serena
02-16-2008, 09:03 PM
I love it, personally. Haven't done it really before, but I'm not that open and am scared of seeing someone I know. Somewhere else, without that problem, I'd like to do it though because most people won't care, or even if they do, won't say anything. I just like doing that to confuse people, and just the idea of it. I think it works with most other things, like a girly hairstyle, or painted nails.

Adrienne Heels
02-16-2008, 09:07 PM
I have worn 2" heeled loafers in the mall while in guy mode. If I am going to the salon or consignment shop, stilettos are fine...I feel safe there and they know me

Angie G
02-16-2008, 09:11 PM
If that is how you comfortable then it;s OK you go girl :hugs:
Angie

O2B Barbara
02-17-2008, 09:38 AM
Haven't worn guy jeans for quite a while, always underdress and also wear womans t-shirts. Even made a few trips with the forms in, I will have to try the jeans and low heels for starters but it sounds wonderfull!

Mitch23
02-17-2008, 09:41 AM
I've been out with an andro look, skinny jeans with boots over, tunic style top and fem cut shortie leather jacket. no probs at all. kinda fun being a boy pretending to be a girl pretending to be a boy!

mitch

Katrina
02-17-2008, 10:03 AM
I've been out street-heeling several times. Its not a big deal. I've only had a few looks from people. One was from a very attractive young woman (~30) who gave me the biggest smile I've ever seen and said "hi!". Most people don't notice or if they do, don't really care.

ericalynncd
02-17-2008, 12:04 PM
I have out in the yard but never to the mall or anything.

Alex!
02-17-2008, 12:43 PM
I will be honest and say that I think that is strange. I confess to not understanding the"blended crossdressing" - half male-half female appearance or gender queer. When I crossdress, I am aiming for 100% female because I am 100% male virtually all the time. In other words, the point is to slough off the male side and relax for a bit in "new skin". I have no desire to start a riot, promote a cause or otherwise cause people to notice me in what will like be a negative way. I have enough stress in my life as is.

But it is ok not to understand as long as you let people do whatever they want, provided it doesn't hurt onself or anyone else. God knows I'm an oddball, and like the freedom to do what I please. Go for it!

And I mean no offense, so please do not take it that way. Courage to do what you want is the virtue that matters here.

Jamie001
02-17-2008, 12:49 PM
Why not. Check out the following site:

www.hhplace.org

Also keep in mind that women we "EVERY ARTICLE" of male clothing including men's shoes and neckties. They even have men's wear lines of clothing for women that consists of male clothing designs that has been made to better fit the female body.

There is absolutely no reason why you can't wear heels in male mode, however, I would stay away from "hooker heels" that 95 percent of women wouldn't even wear.

:love: Jamie

Nicole Erin
02-17-2008, 01:11 PM
Hmmm, well I wouldn't do it cause my poor feet are abused enough as it is.

From a fashion sense, I guess it depends on the entire shoe. Like pumps or sandals, it would be a bit risky. Plus, what about the unmistakable clicking that heels make?

If I was feeling a bit brave I might do that but normally I am too chicken so I just wear my ol tennies.

Jamie001
02-17-2008, 01:22 PM
I don't understand. Why would sandals or pumps be risky if the heels are not too high?

Hmmm, well I wouldn't do it cause my poor feet are abused enough as it is.

From a fashion sense, I guess it depends on the entire shoe. Like pumps or sandals, it would be a bit risky. Plus, what about the unmistakable clicking that heels make?

If I was feeling a bit brave I might do that but normally I am too chicken so I just wear my ol tennies.

Dana Jones
02-17-2008, 02:48 PM
I have done it a few times. Always in drab including mens jeans and a golfshirt. I have worn 2.5 inch heeled boots into the mall into dress barn. The click of the heels sounds like it is very loud so that the whole mall will hear you coming. The girl in dress barn said. I love your boots!!! Cool. Still very nervous leaving the store.

I have bought gold flats from Payless and wore them out of the store and then into fashion bug and a few stores up the street. No one said a thing.

Lastly was just a week ago. I wore my 4 inch brown strech boots into payless. Walked around and noone said anything except the SA who loved them and wanted to know how I find such great deals on my shoes!!

I still sweat and am very nervous but am getting more confident. Dana

Drucilla
02-17-2008, 06:46 PM
I recently saw a guy in Target wearing very high heel, shiny black boots and the remainder of his clothes drab.
I watched the reaction of others more than him and I have to say other then a very few strange looks no one seemed to pay it much attention. It encouraged me to be a little more brave so I am now wearing about 2 inch heel women's boots , women's jeans and the rest drab and frankly no one has noticed anything. I love it and plan to go further.

bobbie anne
02-17-2008, 06:58 PM
Yep done that. It feels good to be able to stop for gas pay at the pump and no one seems to notice the 2 1/2 " heels. Bobbie

Stephanie-L
02-17-2008, 07:08 PM
I often wear my kitten heel pumps (about 2in), bra with forms (44D) and the rest drab. I have shopped in several stores tis way and never had a comment, in fact couldn't even tell if anyone noticed......Stephanie

mysteryUser
02-18-2008, 07:50 PM
i would love to ware a pair of heels out in drab, but i dont ever think i will get the nerve up to do it. and i know i will never get the nerve up to go out fully dressed.

amy canada
02-19-2008, 02:36 AM
If you can just blend in with everyone else, then no one would really care too much or make any comments. Like if you go to any college, you can see both men and women wearing hoodies, jeans, and running shoes, and the only difference is their face and hair. But you never really see girls there wearing heels unless they're teachers.

In a mall, it might be different. Just choose the right look for the right situation. Don't be wearing a cocktail dress and heels just to go out to a baseball game.

Dalece
02-19-2008, 04:09 AM
Well I can't wear heels to work to dangerous in a factory. but sounds alright to me would give it a try.

erickka
02-19-2008, 07:50 AM
As Jamie stated, www.hhplace.org is all about men wearing heels. They have "heel meets" all over the world. I have been a member of that forum for about 10 years, but have not visited recently. A lot of great folks there too. Definitely worth a visit.

Chari
02-19-2008, 10:18 AM
I enjoy the fit and feel of Gloria jeans, PH, a girly blouse under a fem sweater, and my 2 inch heel half boots that could be for gal or guy. No one has said anything or seems to care what I wear, as most people are too busy in their own lives to notice.

Enjoy, Chari

Cyndie
02-19-2008, 04:30 PM
I think it is fun to go out wearing girl shoes with drab clothing. I try to go place where I won't see someone I know. Most of the time I wear flats, but sometimes a short heel, 1" or so. Never tried high heels, but I think I will look for a time. :heehee:

TTFN
Cyndie

krisinpink
02-19-2008, 06:11 PM
I've gone out wearing flats, or loafers (nothing to 'clicky' sounding as I walk) many times.

I almost always underdress, and have worn femme tops and jeans on and off in these cases.

For me, it is a thrill, and a chance to finally get to wear some of the wonderful femme clothes I've acquired over the years. I especially love shoes, so this fits really well for me.

Something I've discovered, and am glad to share with the group is a current style of mens jeans that work really well w/ lots of femme shoes. I have a couple pair of these already and love them as nice regular guy jeans, and because of the pretty good flare they have, work really nice to provide a subtle cover for our flats, loafers, tennies, and pumps. Levi 527. They work for me!

hugs to all !

Krissy

shirley1
02-19-2008, 09:25 PM
fair play ! i tell you what if more guys where to wear heels in public with their male attire ect - stilettos would be in mens clothes shops within months ! so maybe thats how mens clothes boundaries could be broken down it happened for women with trousers didnt it !

hjt101
02-19-2008, 09:53 PM
The only pair of jeans that fit me currently own is a pair of women's Levis. I have gone shopping wearing in those jeans with a pair of 3 inch heeled boots. From the front, the boots look male, rounded toe, neutral color. I have only had one or two people look funny at me while I wear them.

ophillia
02-20-2008, 08:18 AM
I've worn kitten heel pumps and ballet flats quite frequently, with pantyhose and girls jeans, hardly ever had a second glance from anyone.

obsessedwithpantyhose
02-20-2008, 11:45 AM
I recently saw a guy in Target wearing very high heel, shiny black boots and the remainder of his clothes drab.
I watched the reaction of others more than him and I have to say other then a very few strange looks no one seemed to pay it much attention. It encouraged me to be a little more brave so I am now wearing about 2 inch heel women's boots , women's jeans and the rest drab and frankly no one has noticed anything. I love it and plan to go further.
was it the new super target in north phoenix???that was me :D

joann07
02-20-2008, 11:54 AM
There's no nothing in the clothing manual that says a guy can't wear heels and jeans in drab.
If you're comfortable with yourself, then I say so I go for it girlfriend.

Hugs!

obsessedwithpantyhose
02-20-2008, 12:51 PM
not sure where this fits in.....if we as cds go out dressed the way the ggs dress then we wont set any new trends,,i LUV to wear skirts,(i actualy go into a pink fog when it comes to skirts),i have been out in public in a skirt and heels and i think that if we can do this then we will show up the ggs and it might make them think twice about how they look b4 they step out of the house and walk around in public,,i have been out and seen how SLOPPY the females of today dress,,sweat pants and slippers to the store...huge gutted women in crop tops...legs all banged up and ghoastly white and bare in a skirt for work.....:2c:

StacyCD
02-20-2008, 03:11 PM
If the shoe fits why not wear it. At one time a guy with pierced ears was very unique. Now, you see guys with pierced ears all the time. Same thing with tatoos. Twenty years ago you probably would have to look hard to find a woman with a tatoo now try a find a woman under 30 without one! If you are comfortable then just do it. However, that's the rub. Most of us cannot just do what we want because of the others around us. So, at least do it when you're out of town!!!

MistyCD
02-20-2008, 03:27 PM
I've worn short pants with pantyhose and high heels, a skort with pantyhose and wedge heels or high heels. And even a few times i've worn jeans with pantyhose and heels....

hugs misty:2c: