PDA

View Full Version : someone hold me

DanaB
02-17-2008, 06:17 PM
Well i knew the time was going to come sometime soon, but man when it came i did not feel ready.

To explain to everyone who has no clue what i'm talking about here is a summary. I recently got my first job in several years, and after being sneaky and asking for giftcards so i could buy fem clothes for myself for christmas, i got addicted again to CDing. So i knew wih my new job i would buy more fem clothes. The thing i also knew is that my bank is a joint bank account, meaning my mom can see it. Of course i didn't want to not buy myself clothes or just try and be really sneaky and go through the hassle of trying to hide it from her. So i decided i would tell her if she asked (i bought some stuff from VS, so quite obvious what you can and can't buy there).

So today i got an email from her asking about the purchase, if it was for someone else or what. It took me forever to come up with the words, and even longer to send it, but i did it. All i have to do now is wait for a response and hope things are ok. I would hope my mom is ok with it, she is religious, but she's a very loving mom and hopefully that part will prevail. But i'm still trembling and hope it all will be ok.

Lisa Marie
02-17-2008, 06:26 PM
Good luck I hope everything goes ok for you.

icequeen
02-17-2008, 06:31 PM
good luck, I hope it works out for you

Carrie
02-17-2008, 06:33 PM
Miss Dana,

My biggest Hugs to you!:bighug:

Your mom loves you and that will prevail. It may take some time for her to adjust. Be patient. Be ready to answer her questions because eventually she will have a bunch of questions. Also be prepared for a wide range of emotions as she processes this new information. This is a big step. You did a brave thing today Miss Dana! :^5:

Keep us updated and know that we are here for you!

Hugs,
~C

deja true
02-17-2008, 06:33 PM
Dana, we wish you all the luck. And I think you need to get home and talk face to face. Phone her if you can't. This doesn't seem to me the kind of conversation that benefits from e-mails. You need a hug. Get it from someone you love personally, not your Dell Inspiron...

respect & love

deja

Michelle-NC
02-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Dana,

Good for you. That takes courage, and I hope everything works out for the best for you!

Nicki B
02-17-2008, 07:14 PM
I agree with Deja - this is a F2F conversation?

jazmine
02-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Good for You! My thoughts are with you. I hope everything works out fine.

MJ
02-17-2008, 07:20 PM
yes good luck . and you should go see your mom . it's the best way

sandra-leigh
02-17-2008, 07:47 PM
So i decided i would tell her if she asked (i bought some stuff from VS, so quite obvious what you can and can't buy there).

A brave decision, and brave to carrry it through.

By the time my wife asked, I was getting heart-sick of the little lies and misdirections and lies of omission. Telling wasn't easy, but not telling would have been worse.

Jilmac
02-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Dana, best wishes on your moms approval. Hang in there hon. Luv and:hugs: Jill

angelfire
02-17-2008, 08:27 PM
I'm sure everything will work out fine. Try not to worry, I'm sure your mom will love you no matter what.

Alice B
02-17-2008, 08:36 PM
A bib hug to you and I'm sure things will be fine. Mothers are like that.

DanaB
02-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Well i just got an email back from my mom. She was glad i was honest with her, and just said she and my dad (yes she told my dad, kind of expected that) just needed to digest it, and maybe would like to talk about it in person when i come back home from college. Still worried about that conversation, not a good in person kind of talker, but will get there when it comes. Just glad i didn't get disowned.

deja true
02-17-2008, 09:33 PM
You see!.. Mom's are like that. And they want to "digest it" sounds a lot better than many alternatives. They're thinking about it, not rejecting you out of hand.

Find some good introductory literature for them and send it along. They're, no doubt, gonna do their own research now, but if you can start them out, that would work in your favor.

Don't push it, just be a good and respectful son.

Happy, happy, happy for you!

respect & love (for open communication),

deja