PDA

View Full Version : Feminine power .............

mand
04-24-2005, 10:37 AM
A little question...........
Now I know that for some the act of dressing in womens clothes is quite a submisive act. I think I can see the reasoning in this, it's a case of lying aside you're manhood and adopting a more gentler and less aggresive role.
I think that this is great if thats what you feel like, for any who take this veiw, fantastic I'm pleased for you.

I don't see it for that reason ........... first and main reason for me is to be myself, However I do find by putting on my clothes, make up and accsessories I actually feel enpowered by the whole changing process.
I turn myself from a very dowdy and dullard of a man into someone who feels so different and dare I say special.
As a girl my life as changed and inseated of being a basiclly ignored man I am turned into a female that loves the attention I recieve.

Can I just ask, does this sound familar to anyone?

love mand xxx

Tristen Cox
04-24-2005, 10:41 AM
Yes. Also, you forgot one thing. Having the ability to turn some heads in the process, as others trip over themselves for your affection :D (ok maybe that is just me though)

Wendy me
04-24-2005, 10:49 AM
my "him" side is a strong and often over powering type.... changeing into my fem side
dose allow me to in a way to feel more powerfull as in this way i can feel and express a side of me that is trapped away while "he" is out... so yes for shure i feel more powerfull in my fem side......

Sigrid
04-24-2005, 11:16 AM
I have never thought that it was a submissive act. Like you, mand, I really feel empowered by my dressing. Especially of late, since I've began asking for makeover tips at the department stores and asking salespeople if I may use the fitting rooms to try on the skirt I'm holding (still in DRAB).

I've always been chided (as a male) for never smiling, usually scowling in fact. Since I started to emerge and started toying with makeup and wig, I've been a grinning fool. This upbeat attitude is now carrying over to my other side as well.

I really love my feminine side, and think it's actually making me a better man as well.

~Sigrid

melissacd
04-24-2005, 12:06 PM
Well, I have never been dressed long enough nor have I been outside while dressed en femme so I cannot say that I have directly experienced that feeling while wearing feminine attire, however, I can certainly imagine what it might be like.

Some see dressing in feminine form as a submissive act. Some reject men dressing as women because they see it as taking a step down in the hierarchy. To me, whether you act submissive or strong or all of the above (because I believe you can be all these things), I cannot see how dressing and embracing your femininity (because we all have it) could be anything but empowering.

I don't mean this in an aggressive way, but rather an uplifting self actuaizing way. Being able to express the whole range of who you are, the strength and the softness.

We were meant to be so much more than popular culture wants us to be. More feminine power to you!

Melissa - Eh!

Rachel Morley
04-24-2005, 12:32 PM
Hi Mand,

For me, when I am dressed, I don't really feel empowered like some others have posted. Perhaps that's because I don't go outside en femme so I don't get the attention that others might experience. I do feel more attractive though. I think I am better looking when dressed than when I am not dressed and in drab. So if there's any empowerment going on for me it's about feeling more attractive.

I do feel a little submissive when I am fully dressed. I don't exactly know why that is, but I do now that it's a different feeling to when I am not dressed and I like it. I feel like I want to be softer and more gentle. I tend to move slower and I feel more calm and relaxed within. Also my movements are never manly when I am dressed. As you know, women's clothes feel different on your body than men's clothes. This feeling coupled with (maybe) a slight sense of "forbidden fruit" if you know what I mean, could be what is making me feel submissive. Anyway, my wife loves the way I look and act when I wear feminine clothes, predominantly because she likes my submissive and non-manly behaviour. This increases when I am dressed.

So for me, I get nice calming thoughts, a feeling of different clothes on my body that make me feel more attractive, and also I know that I am pleasing my wife who I adore. I love cross dressing don't you?........

Angel

RachelDenise
04-24-2005, 01:11 PM
When I dress I feel more attractive and sexy than my dowdy old guy self. The sense of freedom and peace it brings is the elixir that keeps me going. Though I cannot pass (too big and too hairy) I still feel very feminine. Funny how the mind works!!!

Kimberly
04-24-2005, 03:21 PM
My female persona seems so much more charismatic and such a tease! Heh... And for some reason, (only ever done this on the internet,) I have this strange ability to keep them interested for a LONG time. Hmm... But then I do 'play' the innocent type. heh. I've got to do this in real life! Men just don't get the opportunity to flirt like women do. grr...

mand
04-24-2005, 03:58 PM
Thankyou all for such great replies, I can understand all that has been said.

Kimberly I have to tell you that the intrest you get from guys does happen out in the real world, Honestly some men will try their upmost to chat you up.
Even though you're physically a male underneath they still see the female image and mostly will treat you as such.
This is when you really realise that the female has fantastic power, like Tristen said when some will trip over themselves to gain you're affection/attention, it is like nothing you will never experence as a man.
At times you have to remember to keep you're head, and you're feet on the ground, it can get quite overwhelming, it truely is an enpowering experence.

Don't get me wrong though Kimberly this doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it really feeds the ego :)

love mand xxx

Oh I have to say after re reading what I just written that to most people a tranny does not exsist or if you do and they read you, the most attention you will get is a little double look, so dont think the world is wating with open arms, it really isn't.

Stormgirl
04-24-2005, 04:05 PM
GG make me angry :mad: I want to be just like them. :(

mand
04-24-2005, 04:10 PM
GG make me angry :mad: I want to be just like them. :(

Aubery please don't be angry, I sometimes get so envious and it hurts me that I was born male, but honestly love we just have to make the best of what we've got.

love mand xxx

Elysia
04-24-2005, 04:13 PM
I think feelings of submissiveness come in many forms and these forms are different from each other. For me there is an aspect of femininity which is more accepting, so there is the feeling of submitting to the flow of the world rather than fighting against it? Then there is the feeling of peace that comes from submitting to the reality of my nature. After fighting against the urge to cross-dress, finally submitting to it is relaxing. Maybe those first two are the same thing only one is general and the other is personal.

There is also a submissiveness which is used as a defense against guilt. I have fantasies in which I submit to the desires of a woman who wants me to cross-dress. This way I get to do what I want to do but am guiltless because I am forced to do it by someone else. Well that’s my current hypothesis, but who really knows. God knows not me. That’s why I spend so much time thinking about it.

Melissa – I love your avatar picture, where’s it from? I love grand paintings of ladies in beautiful dresses.

Katiegirl
04-24-2005, 04:33 PM
mand

As many of the others have said I feel more empowered, and this seems to be getting stronger now that I spend much of my time as Katie.

I have never been aggressive or controling as a man and have been told more than once I am a very caring person, traits that are more associated with women. I suppose the Katie side has always been there and now it is more open I think it makes me a stronger person and therefore more empowering.

. :)

Mind of a Woman, Body of a Man, Life is a Bitch

Ellegant-1
04-24-2005, 10:44 PM
Great topic! Empowerment... Yes, I do feel more alive and less of a predictable grunt when Im dolled-up. Having a sensative Fem side keeps me happy inside and less depressed on the outside when I have to re-join the rest of the guys.
Walkin the wild-side.

Ella.

melissacd
04-24-2005, 11:04 PM
Elysia,

In response to your comment on my Avatar, I also love the styleof women from back then. They wore some very classic styles back then. I can see by your Avatar that you are a kindred spirit :) I have collected hundreds of pictures like that, I just happened to particularly find that one appropriate for hear. It is by an artist by the name of Fragonard. I have also written a poem about that picture that I would be happy to share if anyone is interested.

Elysia - seems like we have something wonderful in common. I would be happy to take this shared joy offline. Feel free to PM me about that topic.

Melissa

Elysia
04-24-2005, 11:25 PM
I am a better person since I’ve allowed Elysia to express myself. Of that I have no doubt. I find that as a whole person I’m more likely to be thoughtful and compassionate. I guess that to some extent a woman’s perspective (or what I think is a woman’s perspective) now enters into all of my considerations (dressed or not) and that’s an influence that’s empowering and definitely improving.

When I tried to keep Elysia bottled up it made me sad and angry and tended to polarize me. I was more cold and brutal because I was trying to be manly—what I thought a man should be.

Melissa,

Please do share your poem. I will send you a PM so we can share art.

Zoey
04-25-2005, 02:56 AM
Years ago, before I started to crossdress, I would often visualize myself in my mind as really being female when I got into situations that would make me nervous. Somehow, doing this would reduce my anxiety and help me to feel confident. It felt empowering and helped me to pull myself out of my depression for a while. Now, when I dress, I have that same feeling. It becomes easier for me to express my emotions. Sometimes that means that I'll cry, but usually I'll just feel a lot happier. I'm usually pretty serious, but when I dress its easier for me to laugh. I've noticed that afterwards, I still feel calmer when I'm back in drab clothes. I don't worry as much about my own problems and am more considerate of others.

nikki
04-25-2005, 03:56 AM
Mand
I loved the thread.I also feel undervalued as a guy, never really fitting in or mostly feeling uncomfortable in groups of men.I really am a sensitive person and sometimes unable to cope with the constant mickey taking at work(even though i'm 44).But then when i get a chance to change back into Nikki i do feel a new and calm person and the effect does last for a few days,up until feb this year i hadn't fully dressed for nearly 18yrs apart from the odd time in silky underwear(my wifes) but now i'm a much more happier person as i find time now at least once a week to dress fully.Even though i don't post very often i love reading everything what's written on this site.Long may it continue.

Nikki