PDA

View Full Version : To pierce or not to pierce...what do you think girlz?

ChristineRenee
04-24-2005, 01:38 PM
Hi girlz,

In the continuing saga of the outward feminization of Chrissie (and "Roy"), I had a conversation this morning over breakfast with my wife regarding the possiblity of having my ears pierced! Expecting yet another negative tirade from her, I was somewhat surprised that my wife's only real objections were that 1) she felt that maybe I wasn't the type that would look best with pierced ears, and, 2) She is concerned that I wouldn't be satisfied to just have studs put in there but that it would precipitate another big shopping spree of buying earrings for my pierced ears. I did acknowledge that yes...knowing how I am about shopping for myself, I probably would overindulge in that, but that I really would like to have it done just the same. I think she has resigned herself to the fact that no matter how much she may disapprove, if I am really intent on doing it...it will so be done.

The thing is that although I, Chrissie, am virtually 100% in favor of it, my male side still has a few reservations. I know that my family would wonder about it as this would be somewhat of an unusual thing for "Roy" to do in their eyes. However, I see many, many males now with pierced ears...both of them in fact...and "Roy" has certainly evolved enough over the years to where this would not be the shocking thing that it would have been 30 or even 20 years ago.

Again...while I am fairly certain that I want to go through with it...and the wife seems to not have an objection to it...I was just wondering what my sisters on the forum here would say regarding it. I would appreciate your views and comments then on whether you think this would be something that I should ultimately pursue, as I am curious to what the responses would be from you girlz out there...especially from those of you who have had this done yourself.

Thanks in advance for your comments and opinions on this subject girlz.

Love,
Chrissie:)

Wendy me
04-24-2005, 01:44 PM
i am also thinking along those lines to get that done... just when i don't know but i will
perhaps when you move to fla. kinda you second child hood (or 3rd)..........

ChristineRenee
04-24-2005, 01:50 PM
i am also thinking along those lines to get that done... just when i don't know but i will
perhaps when you move to fla. kinda you second child hood (or 3rd)..........Actually Wendy...I think it has just been one long continuous one there sis!:p

Maddie Knight
04-24-2005, 02:02 PM
I've had both ears pierced for years. I still wear studs in both ears while in drab and nobody says anything. Look around at the number of men wearing earrings, I bet there is more than you think.

Lady Jayne
04-24-2005, 02:42 PM
I’ve had both mine pierced for years too. when in drab I wear a tiny diamond stud in the right ear and a smallish gold sleeper in the left. I haven’t had any negative comments, I think it’s quite common for straight men to have both ears done. Go for it girl.

Inredsatin
04-24-2005, 03:08 PM
Chrissie,
I just had mine done in Feburary. I went thru the same thing as you as it is totally opposite of what my drab side would do. I got really small studs to start and had to have them in for 6 weeks. I only got a very few comments and when asked I told them it was something I just wanted to do.. end of story. Now i can wear any kind of earring that suits me while enfemme. Also after the six weeks you can leave the studs out for a couple of days if you want and will be able to put them back in. That way if you have something you need to do that the studs wouldnt be appropriate then you wouldnt have to wear them. My wife had the same worries about what people would have to say .
lots of luck
Brenda

malecynthia
04-24-2005, 03:16 PM
I've only had my ears pierced for a year now, and I'm a 64 years old married man (well, most of the time). One female friend said "Oh, I see you've got your ears pierced." Apart from that, nobody has given any indication that they have even noticed. When I'm in drab, which is most of the time, I wear small gold or pearl studs, but when it comes to playtime and Cynthia comes out of the closet - the longer, heavier and danglier the better.
Go for it, Chrissie!
Cynthia.

Gozer
04-24-2005, 03:28 PM
I had my ears pierced over 10 years ago (3 holes in each, but I had to remove a few earrings because I kept getting infections in some of the holes), and that obviously wasn't to look more feminine. Guys do it all the time, so you won't be asked any stupid questions you won' be able to answer. And if you regret it, you can always take out the earrings. I like my piercings - I'm still wearing the same silver earrings my parents gave me all those years ago :)

Kimberly
04-24-2005, 03:30 PM
I don't really like peircings. Looking at them, or having them...

So I'd say don't have it done. But it's up to you... if it will make you happier, and more feminine, then go for it! :) But I wouldn't.

sheiligh
04-24-2005, 03:36 PM
iv'e had mine pierced for years, i don't get any second looks. i have two in each ear lobe. luv sheiligh

Rachel Morley
04-24-2005, 04:04 PM
Hi ChristineRenee

I have both my ears done, and have had it this way for years. The left one has two holes in it but I don't put anything in the second hole. I like just one in each ear. I always wear studs, normally either gold studs, small diamonds, or small pearls. Depending on how brave I am feeling their size may increase. I wear all of these when in drab.

These days many men have pierced ears. The thing I find is...it all depends what else you are wearing. What I mean is that there is a accumulative effect. Pierced ears on their oven is no big deal. Pierced ears with a feminine top and necklace say.... that might cause a few raised eyebrows.

I would say pierce your ears but don't do anything else girlie when you first do it. You can femme it up a little later.

Angel

~Dee~
04-24-2005, 04:20 PM
If you are on the fence about the whole thing, then I would say jump off and do it.

It doesnt hurt much and if you find that you don't like it, just take them out and they will heal up.

Personally, I am so glad that I got pierced.
It was a great little adventure and I havent had a single negative thing said to me so far.

And going out and buying (or in my case, making) the earrings is a bit of good fun too. :D

Lots of guys have their ears pierced. When I got mine, a large biker guy came in for his pierced too. There was no way people would look sideways at him and his earrings. So its not just an effeminate hobby anymore.

Dee.

DonnaT
04-24-2005, 04:59 PM
I made a deal with my wife so I could get my ears pierced. I've held up my part of the deal. She asked how she would explain them to relatives (people we hardly ever see). I told her just tell them I'm going through a midlife crises thing, as I am about to turn 50.

~Kitty GG~
04-24-2005, 05:04 PM
Its so common now for everyone to have peirced ears and other places.. I just had my nose done when ~Dee~ had her piercing done.

I've found that most people don't notice or at least don't comment. And even if a few do.. that will only be a one time thing.. but you'll have the pleasure of dangley earrings forever.

I say if you want it go for it. Small secret pleasures are wonderful. ;)

Tamara Croft
04-24-2005, 05:07 PM
I have to agree with Kitty (welcome btw :D) piercings are a common practice these days and no one gives another person a second look. So go for it..... if ya was in the UK.... I would have done them for you :p

Tamara x

maidrita
04-24-2005, 06:59 PM
I had mine done two years ago. I got a few comments from friends and co workers, but overall most of the reaction was positive. I just got some very small diamond studs (since I was going to have to wear them continuously for 6 weeks). Now I just question why I didn't do it a lot sooner. I am so glad I did.

GypsyKaren
04-24-2005, 08:54 PM
I had both mine done a couple of months ago. I wear studs all day and no one has said a word. I say go for it!
GypsyKaren

Di
04-24-2005, 09:01 PM
Go for it...........no one will say a thing.................and when in fem there are so many more earrings to chose from......with the pierced earrings.....

Holly
04-24-2005, 09:25 PM
Hey Chrissie,

Wanna go and get them done together?;)

Keri_T
04-24-2005, 10:03 PM
I've been playing with the notion of piercing my belly button...and since I can put in a clear piece during the day, it'd be my little secret. :D

obsessedwithpantyhose
04-24-2005, 10:14 PM
i had finaly desided to get my ears pierced and the wife informed me that she wanted to do that to me a long time ago,, so we did it while out shoping in wal mart,(she works for them) but it didnt last long as for some reason i have thick earlobes and they got infected so i had to remove them a few days later :( but when things get a bit more under control we will be at the mall for a jewler to do the duty :D

Ava Mouse
04-24-2005, 10:24 PM
I did mine myself 4 years ago, with a sewing needle. NOT recommended, of course. "Don't try this at home." ;)

Of the thousands of people I've met since 4 years ago, only 2 commented, and it was on the positive side. Hey, even my wife didn't notice until I pointed it out to her.

One suggestion, if you can't wear studs, snip a piece of those clear plastic threads that hold the tags on clothing. The thicker the better at first, then you can keep a thin one in there, just to keep it from closing up. A little alcohol, and later neosporin will keep infections away.

w/o studs, they will look like acne pimples, so a little foundation will help reduce the red color for a few hours.

I get minor infections if I don't clean my earrings before inserting them. Keep that in mind, too.

Melissa A.
04-24-2005, 10:31 PM
Hi Chrissie,

I keep meaning to do it, but never seem to remember when I am out shopping. I will eventually. The only reservation I have, is that this is going to be my first summer totally shaved. I've made the decision and am going through with it. I think maybe the pierced ears at the same time might be a little much. But that's not your situation, sorry. I agree with most of the others. Even in the male dominated place I work in, I see guys of all ages with both ears pierced. Not just studs, either. Small hoops, and other kinds, too. I would say it's just not a big deal today for virtually anyone.

Another reason I want to pierce my ears is that most clip ons(besides being by and large not very attractive and lacking in variety) really hurt my lobes after an hour or so.

So if your looking for a vote, I say if you want to, get it done!

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Tristen Cox
04-24-2005, 11:51 PM
Actually Wendy...I think it has just been one long continuous one there sis!:p
Me too...HUH? Wtf! Dammit I signed in a Tristen again. Gotta stop doing that :p

Kathleen3359
04-25-2005, 12:04 AM
I say go for it.. I did back in march... As a B-Day present to my self.
I have gotton some flack from people. But have had some good comments
too.. So if you want to do then do it..
Kathleen :)

Billie
04-25-2005, 09:23 AM
I've had my ears peirced for years. I only wear little hoops, I took the studs out the day after I got them peiced and wore the hoops for months. Now adays I wear them every now and then. Work doesn't seem to mind, but that depends on the job. My last job I had to take them out for work.

Olivia
04-25-2005, 10:21 AM
Go for it Chrissie! I, too, am planning on having both ears pierced this coming summer. I'm tired of my little collection of clip-ons and like a lot of the other girls have said, wtf? a lot of men do it!! I have some need to see a dermatologist and I thought I would have it done while there. I can't wear them to work (public school teacher) but I figured that I can get them done this summer, have them healed by mid-August and wear them after I get home each day. Do it girlfriend-I'm not far behind ya! Olivia

Natasha Anne
04-25-2005, 12:12 PM
To me this would be another step in my progress. I would actually go through with it, but I'm scared of the pain ( a lot more than what others would think!).

How sore is it really?

paulaN
04-25-2005, 01:37 PM
I want mine done so bad. but the wife will not go along with it. maybe It's time to ask again. maybe a birthday gift or something.

Billie
04-25-2005, 01:46 PM
It didn't hurt when I had mine peirced at a mall store. Just keep them clean and all should go well.

Ophelia D'Void
04-25-2005, 02:22 PM
I'm all for the piercing thing miself. I'd collect piercings myself, but I'm always bouncing from job to job, and it's such a hassle taking out the ones I have already for each interview.

To echo the comments of someone else, it's a simple thing to take them out and let them heal if you don't like'em. Piercings are grand in that they're easier to get rid of than tatoos, less painful, and make a personal statement.

If you're worried about having something noticeable, I guess see if they can start you out with an 18ga spacer (the spacers are practically invisible, or if anything look like tiny moles on your earlobes). You can even dress a little younger than your age and go with a few cartilage or facial piercings (we're not women, but we dress like women.... if we're not 19, doesn't mean we can't dress 19)

Just a thought...

Steffie
04-26-2005, 09:18 AM
Go for it babe....... I'm going to get mine done soon as well :D

I might even get game and get my belly done too hehe

All the girls are right too as you will have so much better choice in what you earings you can buy.

Go Girlfriend!

Love

Steffie ;)

susie d
04-26-2005, 10:55 AM
I had both ears done last Christmas and just explain it as male menapause and cheaper than a sportscar, but I have had very little comment. I wore the posts for the allotted time necessay and now wear small gold hoops that were a bitch to get in. Practice taking them out and putting them in helps just like everything else. I have long hair also in a ponytail and people just think I'm a hippy which I am sometimes and sometimes I'm a female hippy.

The chain stores, especially walmart have small cards with a variety of styles on them for less than $5 each so you won't break the budget. It helps to have several pair so you change experiment with the different looks and the cheaper errings usually aren't in for very long to cause problems while you are dressed. I had mine done at an erring shop and have a discount card to buy 10 and the next is free. Getting close now.

Get er done! It is virtually painless and you will love it later and people will say little if nothing. ENJOY! :p

Jill Lacy
04-26-2005, 11:15 AM
"Roy" has certainly evolved enough over the years to where this would not be the shocking thing that it would have been 30 or even 20 years ago.

Biography:
CD/TG, U.S.Army Vietnam-era vet 1972-75, American Legion member

Again...while I am fairly certain that I want to go through with it...
I was just wondering what my sisters on the forum here would say regarding it. I would appreciate your views and comments then on whether you think this would be something that I should ultimately pursue, as I am curious to what the responses would be from you girlz out there...
especially from those of you who have had this done yourself.

Well dear, do you see by the qoute what you've survived!
Me Too, two tours at the tail end, 6th Rngr Bat! Life is too short to even care what other people think! Get it done, then tell your pals at the post that this is the first step to wearing a CRB with a skull, that's what I did, and after I did that, it really surprised me at how many "diamond" studed ears got peirced! Besides, your way to cute, to do without those "essentials", and clip on's are a real drag! You'll love 'em! I want to get my nipples done and the only thing that is stopping me is how long that takes to heal, so I have to choose just the right time to do it! hugs, Jill ;)

Jill Lacy
04-26-2005, 11:18 AM
Quite Right, malecynthia! And I just LOVE that outfit your wearing! :D

ChristineRenee
04-26-2005, 12:01 PM
So many wonderful comments...thank you ladies for all of them and for your support. I will definitely be doing it. I had pretty much planned too anyway, but thought that I would wait until after we move to Florida in July. Now...however..I don't think I want to wait that long! I'm gonna Git-R-Done!!

Many, many thanks once again ladies for all of your comments and support!

Love to all,

Fallen Angel
04-27-2005, 10:27 PM
honey go for it mine are both pierced, i wear one in my left ear all the time and when i go out they both are in use clip ons are a thing of the past and they are very uncomfortable as well

Bernadina
05-01-2005, 06:55 PM
Mine are both pierced too. Did them on Christmas Eve a couple of years ago. Usually wear small white gold and diamond studs full time. They match my wedding band which is also white gold with small diamonds. Have a couple of other piercings too but that's another story.

ronna
09-14-2005, 07:40 PM
All the kids are doing it now -- shouldn't you be?

ronna
09-14-2005, 07:43 PM
Does this sound weird? Since I've been wearing clip-ons my ear lobes seem to have gotten floppy, like over-tenderized meat! I haven't put on (much) weight, and I don't wear them too tight, but they do seem to be going limp.

I have one pierced already, should I just get the other one done to match?

MaylinJane
09-14-2005, 09:24 PM
I've had both mine pierced for almost 5 years now, and never had a negative comment. Of course I'm a gen X'er. I kinda feel that the "shock" ear piercing has been over years ago, anyone can get thier ears done these days.

May

ChristineRenee
09-14-2005, 10:12 PM
By the way girls...I did finally get mine pierced during the time that our guests recently visited us. I really love it and glad that I did it. Now I need to go shopping for new earrings!;)

Lauren_T
09-14-2005, 10:42 PM
I did mine myself the other day, Christine... I'm still amazed at how much more girly I feel, even though not one soul has noticed yet... (or said so, anyway - just as good)

Already, just the thought of all those millions of different kindsa earrings, everywhere from Wal-Mart to Nieman's... Yipppeeeeeeeeeee :p

Rachael Warren
09-15-2005, 12:47 AM
Hi girlz,

In the continuing saga of the outward feminization of Chrissie (and "Roy"), I had a conversation this morning over breakfast with my wife regarding the possiblity of having my ears pierced! Expecting yet another negative tirade from her, I was somewhat surprised that my wife's only real objections were that 1) she felt that maybe I wasn't the type that would look best with pierced ears, and, 2) She is concerned that I wouldn't be satisfied to just have studs put in there but that it would precipitate another big shopping spree of buying earrings for my pierced ears. I did acknowledge that yes...knowing how I am about shopping for myself, I probably would overindulge in that, but that I really would like to have it done just the same. I think she has resigned herself to the fact that no matter how much she may disapprove, if I am really intent on doing it...it will so be done.

The thing is that although I, Chrissie, am virtually 100% in favor of it, my male side still has a few reservations. I know that my family would wonder about it as this would be somewhat of an unusual thing for "Roy" to do in their eyes. However, I see many, many males now with pierced ears...both of them in fact...and "Roy" has certainly evolved enough over the years to where this would not be the shocking thing that it would have been 30 or even 20 years ago.

Again...while I am fairly certain that I want to go through with it...and the wife seems to not have an objection to it...I was just wondering what my sisters on the forum here would say regarding it. I would appreciate your views and comments then on whether you think this would be something that I should ultimately pursue, as I am curious to what the responses would be from you girlz out there...especially from those of you who have had this done yourself.

Love,

Go for it Chrissie!

If you are over 21 (giggle) all you have to do is fill in a form, at least thats what I had to do when I had mine done in one of the big Malls in Florida.

I walked into a Claire's and just asked, put the girl into a frenzy, but other than that it was painless. ;)

Strangly the only comments I initialy recieved were positive, that was just for the studs, and the purple marker pen used to "mark the spot", that ink took a couple of days to completely dissapear.

I remember the day after I had mine done we went on a trip to Kenedy, an American guy commented when we were getting on the coach, "Pierced ears, I allways wanted to do that".

Sure you will want to buy more, I certainly did, the second pair I bought were gold space shuttles!

Go for it girl, you won't regret it, if you do you can allways take them out! (But not for a good few weeks).

Hugs, Rachael. :)

Khriss
09-15-2005, 01:03 AM
been there ,,a biker thing then,, but the nipples? ouch ! hehe just kidn' ! "K"

Maddie
09-15-2005, 05:01 AM
Go for it
I have 2 in each ear hoop and stud my students think it is cool
a lot of the boys in my classes have both ears done and have what i would call door knobs in them, studs are always nice no mater what mode your in

GiniGirl
09-15-2005, 06:35 AM
I've had both ears pierced for 10 years now. I don't wear anything unless I'm dressed, and NOBODY has ever noticed (or said) anything. In my case, if I go for a month or so without putting earrings on, my left ear piercing tends to close up on the back side.

Katie Ashe
09-15-2005, 08:17 AM
GET YOUR STUDS IN ALL READY. You could use a staple gun and save a buck or two :D :liar:

Tamara Croft
09-15-2005, 08:19 AM
By the way girls...I did finally get mine pierced during the time that our guests recently visited us. I really love it and glad that I did it. Now I need to go shopping for new earrings!;)
Meh...... read this already wouldya.......

What part of.......

SHE HAD THEM DONE

did you NOT read?????

ChristineRenee
09-15-2005, 09:00 AM
Meh...... read this already wouldya.......

What part of.......

SHE HAD THEM DONE

did you NOT read?????
Note to self - Must now buy new reading glasses for computer...that is all!:D

Tamara Croft
09-15-2005, 09:01 AM
Note to self - Must now buy new reading glasses for computer...that is all!:DI was only saying :D

Tamara Croft
09-21-2005, 06:20 AM
id love kelly to have her ears pierced,she'd wear studs when not dressed,and more girlie ones when she's dressed,
Ditto to that.... I keep trying to get Tam (my SO) to have hers done... but no... she wont let me do them :(

Marla GG
09-21-2005, 10:42 AM
Angel has pierced ears....very sexy in guy mode.....and pretty much a necessity in girl mode, unless you want to be stuck with those clip on thingies that only grannies wear.

I wonder if Chrissie ever had hers done? :rolleyes: Tamara, do you know?

Kayla Smith
09-21-2005, 11:04 AM
I agree with Marla, my wife Tammy was the one who instisted that I get my ears pierced and practically drug me from our house to the mall to get them done. She says it makes look sexier when I am in "everyday mode". :)
I say go for it and get your ears pierced. :D

Wendy me
09-21-2005, 11:05 AM
i do so want to get mine done , bad side ='s getting stuck with needles.....

good side ='s shopping..........

arula
09-21-2005, 11:13 AM
Hi girlz,

Love,

:D I have been thinking about it for some time now, and you know ChristineRenee? more and more straight men are getting it done, so I think it would hide the fact that we are CD's. Why, I think you've just made up my mind!!:rolleyes: Thanks.. Kisses Arula

arula
09-21-2005, 11:15 AM
Ditto to that.... I keep trying to get Tam (my SO) to have hers done... but no... she wont let me do them :(

Do mine then !!

hjt101
09-23-2005, 12:53 AM
I have had mine done for many years. First was the left one, then added the right about 5 years ago. The only negative complaints I have had were from my conservative parents.

When you go to get them done, don't go to the mall! I would strongly recommend going to a qualified body piercer. They do alot more holes than some minimum wage staff at the mall.

rachellegsep
09-23-2005, 05:52 PM
Did the left ear when I left home at 18 then right ear when my SO said whey don't you balance them out. Feels like a short sharp sting. No regrets alternated ears at 1st nobody even noticed. Just decided one day to put both in and hey that was 10 yrs ago. Tried navel piercing but that rejected :mad: , but nips ah well thats a great source of pleasure ;) . A lot of men were 2 hoops nowadays. All a can say its go for it go for it girls .

hjt101
09-25-2005, 05:16 AM
Getting my nipples pierced was a great addition to the collection. It took a bit of convincing to make me get them done, but I have had no regrets. They look neat, but the best part is that when my blouse brushes against them, they can get aroused, very easily! It doesn't take much to give them a rise. Even in guy mode, I have found myself gently rubbing my shirt around them.

As another plus, it gives a place to hang your keys when you go to the beach.

Jonien
09-25-2005, 05:42 AM
perhaps when you move to fla. kinda you second child hood (or 3rd)..........

Tell me Wendy when dos this second child hood start im still in my first