PDA

View Full Version : Another Wonderful Experience

melissacd
02-19-2008, 08:33 AM
Yesterday I visited a local antique market that I used to frequent a lot. I had not been there since the summer and while I was there I bumped into one of the sales women that my ex and I knew from there for many years. She sold us a number of wonderful antique pieces over the years.

When I saw her in the summer we had a good chat and I let her know about my breakup. She was very saddened by all of this and yet she was also very supportive of me, offering to help if needs be. I thanked her and left.

Yesterday I bumped in to her again and she asked me how things were going. We chatted for a bit and then I decided to let her know about my cross dressing. It was amazing, she was so okay with it. She was telling me about one of the other sales men who was also a cross dresser and suggested that I should talk to him. She said that she would keep an eye on the shoe store next door for sales and she said that she could not understand why a spouse would not be supportive of this, after all that is who you are. On that note I gave her the history of how things happened and why I felt that my ex was justified in how she felt and that I was okay with it. I told her about moving in with another CD and that I was feeling so much more at peace these days. Not so angry or stressed out anymore.

As we were chatting her husband dropped by and I outed myself to him as well. I had always heard such wonderful things from her about him and I wanted to meet him. He was so positive and supportive of this as well. I was in heaven. While we were there in the store she introduced me to a customer that she was waiting on as a good old friend that she was catching up with :-)

At the end of the visit (almost 2 hours in a busy store - yikes I felt bad for taking her away from that and yet she was so interested in talking to me and seeing how things were going). At the end of the visit she said that she would like to invite me over to have dinner with her and her husband and said that if I wanted to I could dress en femme. Both of them gave me a big hug and I left. I could not believe the warmth and love they expressed. I had always gotten along with her well and we always had good conversations when I visited the store. Somehow I felt deep inside that I could be open with her about this part of who I am. It was a wonderful feeling and a nice step on this new path that I am on.

Huggs
Melissa

Sinthia
02-19-2008, 08:51 PM
What a wonderful read. I felt quite emotional when I finished your post.