PDA

View Full Version : Emulating the style of GGs!!

Deborah Jane
02-19-2008, 01:13 PM
Hiya everyone!! Earlier i was thinking about 2 girls i used to know when i was younger. [Teenage years]. They both had long blond hair were very shapely and always wore short skirts, tight tops and heels everywhere they went. They always hung out together and they were both really pretty:D I think subconciously i try to emulate them when i dress..[Need more work on the pretty bit though:(]
I,m just curious here, does anyone else copy the style of GGs they know or used to know?

rickie121x
02-19-2008, 01:24 PM
... Earlier i was thinking about 2 girls i used to know when i was younger. .....I,m just curious here, does anyone else copy the style of GGs they know or used to know? I, too, was affected by the two blonde sisters who lived next door when I was a little lad - I was around age 7. I was so "in love" with their look!

Finally now that I am old and have grey hair, and don't have "the office" pressures anymore so that I can have a ponytail - I can dye it blond and be more like "they" were. Yes, indeed, I do still want to look like them. Actually, these days, it would seem most of the young girls want that blond ponytail look. :rolleyes:

Rickie

Pic of my long hair: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39731&d=1169072576

Joy Carter
02-19-2008, 01:41 PM
Hard to pick which one. Maybe my older cousin who was in her early twenties at the time. 1950's. She was slightly over weight and wore the prettiest clothes, when she dolled up. But I loved her in shorts and a top. I was preschool at the time.

deja true
02-19-2008, 02:46 PM
I guess I've sorta grown up. Until recently I wanted to look like the eyoung hotties of the past, too. But the truth of the mirror tells me that that's never gonna happen. And the spreading wrink...I mean laugh lines make that dream get farther and farther away. Do I wanna look like somebodies granma wearing her teen niece's clothes? No Way!

Fortunately, some of the young hotties have also grown up and turned into even hotter "women of a certain age". And so am I... Renee Russo, Marg Helgenberger, get it?

respect & love (for ageless beauty and 'cougars')

deja

tamarav
02-19-2008, 02:58 PM
My two older sisters as I was growing up.. Both beautiful in different ways. One is gone now but the oldest (now 61) looks 30. She owns an exclusive salon in the Newport Beach area in CA. She is in 5 in heels daily, wears skin tight sheath dresses with obviously nothing underneath. A gorgeous hed of flaming red hair, very similar to one of my favorite OMG pieces. In fact she started me on that style years ago and encourages it whenever I see her.

Both sisters treated me like their little sister and dressed me all the time. Of course I never objected at all. When my hair got to midback and was curly strawberry blonde, (with a little help from sis) they pierced both my ears and took me everyplace with them..

No idea where my current interests came from...

joann07
02-19-2008, 03:21 PM
Interesting, I've known many GG's throughout the years, but there's nobody I really try to emulate.
When I'm out and about, in femme or in drab, I'm constantly observing women in my age range and picking up on which is the popular attire they typically wear.

I am also fortunate that I have a close and personal GG friend who has been my fashion consultant.
I've gotten to the point now where she's says that I don't need her advice anymore because I'm always finding the right things to wear which is very reassuring.

Deborah Jane
02-19-2008, 05:24 PM
Aww! Come on we can,t be the only ones!! All those ladies out there must be inspiring more of us to want to be like them!!

charlie
02-19-2008, 05:32 PM
It is tough to try and look like the prettiest GG's I love to look at when I have to pull my wig over my mug! Just do not look the same. I admire and then just cope when I dress.

christid66
02-19-2008, 08:02 PM
There are many girls/women though out my life that have influenced me but none that I've been able to dress like.....probably because none of them are 6ft & hairy with a bit of a beer belly.:heehee: