PDA

View Full Version : Enjoying girly things

cd4l
02-19-2008, 08:41 PM
Sorry for yet another post (question) here but I really seem to be enjoying girly things more and more - I'm not upset about all this but for some reason theres a feeling at the back of my mind that what I'm enjoying is just "normal" stuff that maybe should not seem fun - but it does seem fun and I do enjoy it.

For example

I have in the last few months had a few occasions Ive had so called girly nights (bin dressed and had some gg's round or been with a group of gg's at one of the gg's house and just watched a girly film or listened to music etc but felt very much 1 of the girls :)

Also when getting ready to go out (dressed) I've recently enjoyed a few times when various gg friend's of mine have also got ready at my house and have helped me get ready - done my make up - hair maybe or helped me pick what to wear.

Recently I had a dress fitting - really enjoyed it, also in the last couple of months had a girl mend my skirt while on a night out, also had a gg friend of mine do some sewing on a dress I had on (carnt remember what she did but I enjoyed her doing it) Before we went shopping).

I've enjoyed all of what I mentioned above but theres seems to be a voice starting at the back of my mind saying NO its not fun your not a girl really so stop doing all of this, sorry if this seems mixed up but I just feel like I enjoy all of what I just talked about my some sort of self doubt maybe is telling me I'm wrong to do so, have others or do others ever get that feeling ?

Angie G
02-19-2008, 09:10 PM
Ho I jjust enjoy the feelings and I happy with that hun :hugs:
Angie

jenniferj
02-19-2008, 09:51 PM
This is a really ticklish area - to identify "girly" things/activities and associate with them is sure to offend some feminists out there.

My feelings are as follows: In most societies the females tend to nurture and care for the children and their spouses. I know that there are counter-examples, but this seems to be the general pattern. I also believe that most of us crossdressers/TV/TG folk find some sense of identification with those "feminine" traits. I know that I personally absolutely love cooking for my spouse and am delighted when I have made her feel warm, cozy, and loved. As silly as it may sound, I take delight in cooking things that require complex steps and extra effort, if I think that this will please her. I try to meet her at the door each night and welcome her with a glass of wine and make her feel as though she is my life - which she is.

BTW, when I am in guy mode, I also cook - but it just doen't feel the same. This may seem silly, but it is how I feel. (For the feminists out there, I have always been supportive of my daughter breaking free from this stereotype - if that's what she wants.She is in grad school now and I couldn't be prouder of her.)

Anyway, after all of this political posturing - if you enjoy girly things while dressed, great! Enjoy them. Enjoy being dressed! There really is no such thing as "you are a guy" - YOU are who YOU are. I frequently sit in conference calls (I work mostly from home) doing my nails, or mending. It makes me feel cozy and nice. If you have girlfriends to do girly stuff with - have fun!

-jj

teresa jeen
02-19-2008, 10:01 PM
theres nothing wrong with feelings!! just cause you dont swill a few brewskies and belch alot doesnt meen you dont have feelings!! while alone i watched the cuba gooding movie "radio" ill call it . gosh it was soo moving!! we all have feelings just express them in different ways.