PDA

View Full Version : How does one decide on an outfit?

Nicole Erin
02-20-2008, 06:26 PM
Several tops, several skirts. Most combos would look good.
I have a meeting with some friends Saturday.
I used to complain that women took too long to decide on an outfit, now I am facing that problem. :mad:

How does one resolve this issue?

Eugenie
02-20-2008, 06:36 PM
Hi Miss Erin...

I think it depends pretty much upon who are the friends you are going to meet (cool or more stylish), of what will be the circumstances (classy or casual).

Prt of your choice is also dependant on how adventurous you are :heehee:

I would personally try to remember what a rather conservative GG would wear in similar occasions: same type of friends same circumstances...

But that's me :tongueout

:hugs:
Eugenie
PS: still available to exchange e-mail in French

Lisa Rose
02-20-2008, 07:00 PM
That's when you'll hear a GG say, "I have nothing to wear." It's not that they have nothing to wear it's just that they don't have the outfit that they'd like to wear.

So the solutions is "Go Shopping." :D: :tongueout :love:

Wendy me
02-20-2008, 07:09 PM
lol some thing like this.................

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/1516/picture016aa4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Nicole Erin
02-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Wendy - thanks, but my fat ass would not fit into any of that! hahaha
Now pick up your room young lady! :heehee:

Eugenie - Tu as raison, nous n'avons pas parlé il y a longtemps [folks, that means she is right, we ain't talked in a while]
Plus,. it is a CD meeting. Most of the girls there are older than me, and for whatever reason, most of my clothes look like a woman of 40ish.

Lisa - too much shopping is my problem, all of the things I want to wear, I never have, so none of it is old.

And plus, my biggest problem is this - I see my look as "pretty but bitchy". How can a guy who is a slob be that way en femme?

Oh well...

shirley1
02-20-2008, 07:49 PM
yeh i have a large stash of clothes now - counted 25 skirts - but not so many tops - its a lot more difficult that dressing in male mode isnt it - shoes that will go with the skirt - top that will go with the skirt - doesnt matter if you dress at home so much or at all i guess - i have only recently started going to a tg meeting again - but yeh i am already thinking about what i could mix and match - and also what will be most comfortable to wear fitting wise as when you have bought without trying on some things just dont fit right - also as much as i love wearing mini skirts, knee length leggins am i brave enough to feel comfortable wearing them out somewhere !

charlie
02-20-2008, 08:05 PM
I just think of what I have and what combination would look good, feminine and sharp to me. I picture it and then go with that. Damn, invaraibly I have to change into something else!

Veronica 1
02-20-2008, 08:06 PM
1. Go to closet and find something that goes with your matching bra and panties.

2. Go back to closet and find a top that goes with your skirt.

3. Find purse, shoes, jewelry, and other accessories to match.

4. Realize that the outfit you have just put together does not portray the look that you were trying to achieve.

5. Go back to closet and start over.

Kate Simmons
02-20-2008, 08:10 PM
I usually envision an outfit first to see if the combo makes any sense. By outfit I mean the entire look, clothes, wig, makeup, etc. Then I go for it. You see the results here with my avatar pics, which is one reason I post them to actually see myself as others see me. Saves a lot of time when I want to go out in the long run because I've already tried it out and know what seems to work.:happy:

Nicki B
02-20-2008, 08:16 PM
Erin,

Start with the shoes you must wear - then work out what will go with them...

:winking:

leesametz
02-20-2008, 08:33 PM
while i dont go out very often at all (think may 2007 as the last time and 2005 before that) so i really dont have too much concern in this and i really dont have many outfits but everything i find in my size (5'10" 48C-42-42) is really really dowdy...

i like the professional look but everything is A) way more than i can afford to spend or B) not available in my size...

docrobbysherry
02-20-2008, 08:36 PM
lol some thing like this.................

OMG Wendy, U R so neat! I dressed last nite. Had approx. the same amount of clothing items out as u showed. Only mine were spread over 2 rooms and their closets, including the floors. When I finished, EVERYTHING was on the floor. (Including me).

As to the original thread.
Take your best shot putting together your outfit the best that u can. Last stop, is your mirror.
Make corrections. Go to the meeting.

NEXT time, you will KNOW how you screwed up, and will do better! At least, that's what I DO!

Genifer Teal
02-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Idon't know what to wear untill the moment before I go out. Sometimes I just try things on for the heck of it and find new combinations. This past weekend I decided to wear a dress I never quite liked the way it fit. I call it a kelly bundy dress because it is all stretchy and skin tight like the 80's dresses she often wore. I don't like the way it hugs my but and curves under to my legs. This dress was given to me by a GG way back in the beginning 8 years ago. I had yet to wear it. I had enough confidence to pull it off so I went for it. My friends all liked it. They said that is how it should look. What do I know. I'm just a girl. lol

Genifer

TGMarla
02-20-2008, 09:06 PM
See? Lots of men complain that it takes women too long to get ready.

Crossdressers understand.

:D

Fab Karen
02-20-2008, 10:45 PM
You pick out maybe 3 outfits you have a feeling for wearing that occasion. You try them all on ( one at a time if you are Joey from "Friends") & see what feels right.

victoriamwilliams1
03-08-2008, 06:25 PM
For me I take a few days to figure out what to wear. The sad thing is I have more clothes as Victoria than male.

Lisa Golightly
03-08-2008, 06:53 PM
I usually go for the one that makes me look thinner than I am, sexier than I am, and easier than I am...

Deborah Jane
03-08-2008, 07:00 PM
One spends hours deciding on ones outfit and then one keeps changing ones mind until one has tried on every item of clothing one owns!!
Dunno the answer to this question....Beats me how to decide!!

Nicki B
03-08-2008, 07:29 PM
You pick out maybe 3 outfits you have a feeling for wearing that occasion. You try them all on ( one at a time if you are Joey from "Friends") & [-]see what feels right[/-] wear a different one..

Amy Hepker
03-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Pick outfits out before hand that you know would look good in certain places and try to use them, but rememeber a female always holds the right to change her mind at any split second.

joann07
03-09-2008, 05:36 PM
Hi Erin,

From my observations, if you wear a skirt and top combination, you usually wear a solid colored top with a printed or patterned skirt or vice versa.
Or, you can wear a solid colored top with a solid colored skirt.
Wearing a patterned top with a diffrerent patterned skirt is a clash, unless its a two-piece outfit which has the same pattern or print.
Same concept goes for a pants, jeans, and capris.

To get a better picture, go to the women's section, in the Macy's, Nordstroms, etc. websites, and go to the tops section. There, you'll see the various tops the models are wearing in combination with the bottom. In pretty much all the pictures, its a patterned top with a solid colored bottom or a solid colored top with a solid colored bottom.
And if you go to the skirts section, you'll see various patterned skirts with solid colored tops, solided colored skirts with patterned tops, or solid colored skirts with solid colored tops.

I keep that in mind whenever I dress up.
In addition to that, I keep in mind what day of the week it is.
During the work week, women are at work in an office environment so they're wearing business suis, dressy like or business casual type clothing.
On Saturday, its all casual, as in shorts, jeans, sandals, t-shirts, capris, casual skirts, sweats, hoodies, etc, etc.
On Sunday, from 8:00AM to about 2:00PM its ok to dressed up because most woman have gone to Sunday church.
After 2:00PM, its back to casual.
Now, on Friday and Saturday nights you can also get dressy because girls go out or dinner or the club so its ok to get a little fancy.

Hope this helps.

Hugs!

Echo Logical
03-09-2008, 06:27 PM
Things just have to pass the sniff test, and preferably not look as if they were ironed with a rock.

So far my selection of female clothes is still so small that hardly any decision making is required.