PDA

View Full Version : So Where Are All of the T-Girls These Days ... ?

Jennifer Lynndon
02-20-2008, 10:20 PM
I've been going out, off and on, for over 10 years. There were some leans years ... even in southern California ... where there were not very many places to go, and going out included a fair amount of danger.

About five years ago the number of venues supportive of crossdressing was at its peak ... but the clubs were not supported by girls like us and many went back to drab formats.

But now there are still a number of clubs and it's easier than ever to get dressed with so much available on-line these days ... and the turn-outs at the clubs are getting smaller and smaller ... What's up ?????
The message the club owners are getting is that CD'ing just isn't very popular and that very few people are doing it. We need to turn this around!

Please spare me the, "I'm too nervous", "I'm not cute enough", "I don't have the right dress to wear" blah, blah, blah.
They're just weak excuses!
Transgendered clubs are out there but girls seem to be wasting an unnacceptable amount of time with pathetic excuses.

NONE of us are getting any younger and I'm telling each and everyone of you who continue to procrastinate that eventually you're going to finally get out ... and you'll have the time of your life. You'll regret all of those years spent in the closet, not getting to clubs and meeting the rest of us, (We're really a nice bunch of people).
But if you don't suck it up and just take the challenge and get out there, you're missing out on some of the most fun of your llife.

Let's go girls!
Let's support the club owners who are supporting us!
CD'ing is all about getting and having some fun!

Fab Karen
02-20-2008, 10:26 PM
How sad would it be to get to the end of life & think,"I should've gone out!"
At least for So. Cal. check the upcoming events section here.

shirley1
02-20-2008, 10:31 PM
well i live in birmingham england and went to a local one the other nite and it was great - loads of girls there - maybe it depends where you are but i think its becoming a bigger thing here in britain since the internet took hold -

Genifer Teal
02-20-2008, 10:41 PM
I think "streaming" has taken over. At least for my T-girl friends and myself. We don't frequent the friendly places much any more. We prefer the regual "main stream" clubs & bars. Why? Because we love GG's and the attention we get from them there. We often get special treatment at many of the clubs we frequent. It's great to live in NYC!

Gen

Holly
02-20-2008, 10:56 PM
I think we are still here... just wanting to get out into the mainstream... shopping, movies, eating out, getting the car washed. Some of us want to acquaint the rest of world with the fact that we are out there and not exactly what they have been led to think.

Michelle Hart
02-20-2008, 11:02 PM
I go out all the time, I have my favorite places and those I go to infrequently.

I usually go where I'm known because I know everybody. It's more fun for me that way. Granted I look really good and even go into walmart and krogers near my house but that's different.

I'm out and about and I see lot's of girls.

jennifer41356
02-20-2008, 11:29 PM
I am here in Dallas, come visit and I will show ya around:D:love::drink:

docrobbysherry
02-21-2008, 12:11 AM
I have absolutely NOTHING to wear!
I'm having a bad WIG day!
My best heels r in the shop!
I've got a terrible headache!
Oh, and it's THAT time of the month!

Otherwise, I'd be out there!

Andine
02-21-2008, 12:32 AM
Nice pic ..... my you have a big chest in that shot!

There is only one club in Canberra that caters for CD's and others, but when I went there to check it out ... its very loud ( so no conversation ) and its one of those disco things with a sunken stage where the few who find room to move don't look at each other.
It doesn't grab me at all.
This w/end I think that I might head for the Folk festival at Cobargo ( a little boutique town on the south coast of Aus tralia ) where I'm not known, and can spend some time en femme. I'll sleep Sat nite in the campervan, and try my one peice bathing suit on one of the local beaches ..... They are mostly deserted, as there are so many of them.
The first w/end in March is the Sydney Mardi Gras parade on the Sat. I'm booked in to a cheap hotel in the area, and intend to spend the entire time en femme. It can be lots of fun. Unfortunately I don't have a companion to share it with.

regards

Sonia_cd
02-21-2008, 02:04 AM
Tell me where the clubs are and I an happy to go to them. Except I live in India and last I heard there isn't a single TG/CD club that I could visit. :sad:

Kathleen Ann Trees
02-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the cheerleading, Jennifer. I hope you can continue to do more in those cute little skirts with some saddle shoes and a pony tail!

But, clubbing just isn't for me anymore. With a family and a mortgage and all of the responsibilities that go with it, that type of activity just doesn't have much appeal. Different strokes, I guess. But that's what were all about.

If I can get out to do some shopping, that's the time I want. I get more pleasure from trying on new shoes and outfits, and maybe getting a little makeover than sloshing my brain with alcohol and trying to yell over dance music.

Kathleen Ann

joann07
02-21-2008, 11:37 AM
Rock on girl!
I've been out to many clubs in my local areas and I see a number other girls there, but they're the one's I normally see when I'm out.
I know that there a more girls out there who still haven't gone out so we must leave nobody behind in the closet.

Me, I always post my outting stories because I love to share them with everyone. And it is my hope that they can offer encouragement and inspiration and to show that anything is possible with a little self confidence.
I think I've made an impact on many wonderful ladies on this site, but I hope that I can do more.

C'mon girls dressup, go out, be free, and have fun. :)

Hugs!

SweetCaroline
02-21-2008, 11:59 AM
Well as far as New England is concerned, there's a CD Renaissance blooming right now. The very fact that there's a group in my little hometown sixty miles way out west from Boston is good evidence that our time has come.

There are plenty of groups and clubs around. I've been to quite a few of them and not all of them have been gay or alternative lifestyle either. The Roxy in Boston for example, where myself and Sally from this forum, and several other Sisters went the night of her birthday.

So take heart. We're out there, and the world is ours. :thumbsup:

Nicki B
02-21-2008, 12:25 PM
I think "streaming" has taken over. At least for my T-girl friends and myself. We don't frequent the friendly places much any more. We prefer the regual "main stream" clubs & bars. Why? Because we love GG's and the attention we get from them there. We often get special treatment at many of the clubs we frequent. It's great to live in NYC!

I'd say it's very similar in London (I think NY & London have lots of similarities) - two regular trans nights have folded recently (for various reasons) and people seem to have been steadily spreading out more into the mainstream...

The difficulty that can cause is there is still a need for 'safe-seeming' places for people to take their first steps?

Genifer Teal
02-21-2008, 06:40 PM
The difficulty that can cause is there is still a need for 'safe-seeming' places for people to take their first steps?

Very true. I recently took a girl out for her first time. One thing led to another and we wound up going to a mainstream club I had never been to before. We didn't intend it from the start. When you are standing outside and 5 beautiful GG's invite you to come in and join them for a shot, you don't say no. She may have been a bundle of nerves on the inside (as I later found out) but my cd friend was calm and cool on the outside. They girls bought us each a shot. It took 15 minutes to get then it was so crowded. As we were waiting the bartender bought me a drink. These things only happen to Genifer.

Gen

shirley1
02-21-2008, 08:19 PM
I'd say it's very similar in London (I think NY & London have lots of similarities) - two regular trans nights have folded recently (for various reasons) and people seem to have been steadily spreading out more into the mainstream...

hi nicki - yeh totally agree i went to poke lane a house somewhere in the middle of knowhere - a safe place though for newbies ! going into the big wide world is scary when your not used of it - but then again whats the point of only going somewhere you are only going to be seen by fellow cders - like you have said the only way people like us will ever get acceptance is to go into the mainstream - but you do need to take it at your own stride or you can get too stressed about it !

Jennifer Lynndon
02-21-2008, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the cheerleading, Jennifer. I hope you can continue to do more in those cute little skirts with some saddle shoes and a pony tail!

But, clubbing just isn't for me anymore. With a family and a mortgage and all of the responsibilities that go with it, that type of activity just doesn't have much appeal. Different strokes, I guess. But that's what were all about.

If I can get out to do some shopping, that's the time I want. I get more pleasure from trying on new shoes and outfits, and maybe getting a little makeover than sloshing my brain with alcohol and trying to yell over dance music.

Kathleen Ann

My my,

Such a negative take ...
I'm sorry your life isn't what you want.

I too have a family and a couple of mortgages. The clubs I frequent don't even have dance floors and the music plays at a volume that allows for good conversation. One has a pool table while the other doesn't. I typically drink fruit juice or water and have a great time.

Please try to be more positive Kathleen Ann.

Life isn't all negative.

jennifer41356
02-21-2008, 11:39 PM
Jennifer

In Dallas I dont see a lot of Tgirls out much, though i think they tend to go to the Lesbian bars. We like to go to different clubs.

As to what Kathleen says, I dont know where she will see other CD's, but at clubs in the evening, many tgirls are afraid to go out in the day, I would like to go shopping with another tgirl but so many are afraid to go out, so the only time you run into others is at night, so I am not sure why she is full of negative comments...:2c:

LA CINDY LOVE
02-22-2008, 01:02 AM
I love what you said Jennifer and you are right time is passing by, right know in the Los Angeles area it is a great time to go out we have the best clubs I have to say and Shine at the Oxwood Inn is at the top.

More and more clubs are trying to have a T-girl night, clubs see there is a lot of money to be made and they are trying to jump in on it but not only clubs, the night life here in Los Angeles is great, you just do not have to go to clubs.

You can go out to dinner, moves, shopping or just hang out......but if you can only come up with a way not to go out........then soon you will miss this train..........again

LA CINDY LOVE

CDTiffany
02-22-2008, 05:05 AM
You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We in (Los Angeles) CA.
are currently finding more and more places to go.
The Oxwood inn.
C-friendz
And always the big "Syren" Events
Plus other T-girl friendly venues!

I have been going out for the past year, and it is too much fun.
I am 40 years old. and I have been dreaming about going out for 30 years. It took awhile. but I did it. I was never nervous, the first night was more exciting than nervous. Any girls, any where near the west coast. PLEASE do yourself a big big favour and join us. Contact me, Or any other So. Cal CD-GIRL!!!
Lets meet,

TOO much fun!!!!!!!!!!!! And way too many nice people to meet!

XOXO TIFFANY

myspace.com/cdtiffany9

Angie G
02-22-2008, 05:43 AM
Maybe in California but In central N.Y. there aren't places to go :hugs:
Angie

Eugenie
02-22-2008, 07:30 AM
So Where Are All of the T-Girls These Days ... ?

When we go out with "sisters", we go to mainstream places: regular restaurants, ordinary night clubs, etc.

I understand that some x-dressers prefer to go to specific TG clubs but as far as I am concerned, I'm not really attracted to segregated places...

However, I aggree that restaurants and Night clubs who are TV/TG/TS friendly should be supported. But that should be the case of all restaurants and night clubs since not being TV/TG/TS friendly would be a discriminatory attitude...

:hugs:
Eugenie

Nicki B
02-22-2008, 09:22 AM
Maybe in California but In central N.Y. there aren't places to go :hugs:
Angie

Eh??? Where in Manhattan can't you go? :strugglin

Have you tried visiting The Silver Swan on a Saturday evening (41 East 20th Street, just west of Park Ave) for a start? Or contacting CDI (http://www.cdinyc.org/)?

Cai
02-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Eh??? Where in Manhattan can't you go? :strugglin

Nicki,

Manhattan =/= NY. There's a lot of people that get upset at that assumption. It's a whole big state.

However, I'd have to disagree that there's nowhere to go. I'm in Dutch PA, and I would have thought there would be no clubs period - but I was wrong. There's 3 within 20 of me, one of which is a gay club with a trans/CD drag night.

Nicki B
02-22-2008, 09:48 AM
Manhattan =/= NY. There's a lot of people that get upset at that assumption. It's a whole big state.

Of course, my bad... But I still think CDI might be able to help (at least the girls)?

Maria2004
02-22-2008, 12:24 PM
Nicki,

I don't know about Buffalo, but 40 miles south is this tee tiny town my SO comes from, still calls itself a "Village". When we visit her folks I can get the dirtiest looks, mostly from women just for having pierced ears and earrings. I'd like to go out in full kit one time and see if they start foaming at the mouth and snarling :heehee:

I read an article about a club that had opened it's doors to T-Girls, who flocked to it but spent little if any money just hung out and took up seats, crowding out the usual paying people who started going elsewhere, causing the club owner to be less T friendly.

gennee
02-22-2008, 01:15 PM
I go out as much as I can. I have plans to be out even more.

Gennee

:happy:

Krystyn
02-22-2008, 02:38 PM
Just a thought...maybe it's time we had an international "convention".

Big friggin' three day party with lots of networking.

Just a thought

Krystyn

Nicole Erin
02-22-2008, 03:45 PM

...I get more pleasure from trying on new shoes and outfits, and maybe getting a little makeover than sloshing my brain with alcohol and trying to yell over dance music.

Kathleen Ann

That is kind of how I feel about it.
I have not kept up with the club scene much at all but I would think there would be about as many girls visiting these clubs cause there are always the newbies who either are just coming out or the ones who just turned 21 or got a fake ID.

Fab Karen
02-22-2008, 05:28 PM
Adding to Tiff's comment, we are lucky to have more options in L.A. for a Saturday night.
I should mention contrary to some people's misperception, Syren is NOT one of those "velvet ropes" type clubs where a door-person decides who looks cool enough to get in, it's a fun, safe friendly place for T-girls & others to dance & party. See Upcoming Events section.

Nicki B
02-22-2008, 10:32 PM
Just a thought...maybe it's time we had an international "convention".

Surely Southern Comfort & Fantasia are both pretty international? :strugglin

http://www.sccatl.org/
http://fantasiafair.org/

Or, come to sunny Manchester? :D
http://www.sparkle.org.uk/ (site due to be updated..)

Kieroney
02-23-2008, 12:35 AM
Great statement, its giving me the push I need, I am guilty of the staying in the closet thing, unless Halloween comes up, I will get out again soon for 08 before the spooky holiday.

Sarah Doepner
02-23-2008, 01:14 AM
My problem is if I am outed in my close-knit community, my career is over. I have an outlet in being less than a day's drive from Las Vegas. There is an active CD community there and they are happy to welcome someone in from out of town. There I can get out in a place that is either very CD friendly or totally mainsteam. No one seems to care, in fact, the other tourists seem to be happy to see me. Maybe they find it to lend a little excitement to their trip or it makes Vegas a little more exotic, I don't know. I only know it's worth the trip to get my girl on and get out, even if it's only once or twice a year.

Nora
02-23-2008, 10:29 AM
HI Sarah:

It has been a while since you were here. Any plans for returning before the Diva Las Vegas? Hope to see you soon.

Nora

My problem is if I am outed in my close-knit community, my career is over. I have an outlet in being less than a day's drive from Las Vegas. There is an active CD community there and they are happy to welcome someone in from out of town. There I can get out in a place that is either very CD friendly or totally mainsteam. No one seems to care, in fact, the other tourists seem to be happy to see me. Maybe they find it to lend a little excitement to their trip or it makes Vegas a little more exotic, I don't know. I only know it's worth the trip to get my girl on and get out, even if it's only once or twice a year.[/QUOTE]

Christine Kelly
02-23-2008, 10:29 AM

Gen

Curious about this term you used: 'streaming'.
Short for 'mainstreaming'?
An idea that has me very excited and
of which I have been pushing for years.
Just never put a name to it.
Am I correct?