PDA

View Full Version : Does having a very feminine wife help?

Desiree Gold
02-23-2008, 12:52 AM
Hi everyone. I have a very supportive SO. She 'totally' gets the whole CD thing and participates enthusiastically. She happens to be a real 'girlie girl'. Do you think that makes any difference? :happy:

Sarah Doepner
02-23-2008, 01:00 AM
I'm sure it doesn't hurt. My wife is supportive, but the whole make-up and skirt thing is not her cup of tea. She will give me advise occasionally on different outfits, but for the most part I'm on my own. There are times I'd like a partner to share dress, hair and makeup sessions with. I think the best part is having a supportive and understanding spouse. Living with a girly-girl would be gravy.

Lucypink
02-23-2008, 01:08 AM
I am shure it helps to have a role model close, and having girly accesories at hand Helps a lot, good for you and say hello to your SO.

RikkiOfLA
02-23-2008, 07:08 AM
I don't know whether the femininity of the S.O. has anything to do with how accepting she is. I've been blessed to have been married to two wonderfull, very accepting ladies. In terms of stye of femininity, both were quite different.

My late wife was very confident to be feminine, and at the same time, very confident to do whatever needed doing. I always thought of her as a tomboy in drag. She would climb ladders, handle oily, dirty parts, whatever. At the same time, she always looked feminine, in a low-maintenance kind of way. She preferred to wear skirts and hose, but seldom wore makeup. Her hair always looked feminine. Her favorite fabric was denim. She crocheted beautifully. She liked to share kitchen duties with me. She encouraged me to wear whatever I liked, as long as it fit well and wasn't too extreme. She was at first nervous about my CDing, but came to accept it. But she tried to get me into wearing panties even before she knew about my CDing.

My current wife is also feminine but not extreme about it. Her favorite outfit is snug-fitting jeans. She is not as good with her hands, nor is she quite as confident. She wears makeup, done to perfection, when she "cleans up." She has more definite ideas about what I should wear--eye makeup done well, hair up, fitted jeans or a long skirt, but she gets turned on if I wear a short skirt (or just pantyhose) in private. She prefers to "own" the kitchen. She prefers me dressed femme all the time and has had relationships with several TGs before, though none, she tells me, have been as good as the one with me.

Two different women, each with her own style. Yet each very, very accepting. How blessed I've been!

Blessings,
Rikki

bEEb
02-23-2008, 08:14 AM
Having an extemely masculine wife might be even better. The implications are obvious.

Kate Simmons
02-23-2008, 08:43 AM
Oh yeah. Where do you think I learned?:happy:

TxKimberly
02-23-2008, 08:46 AM
Honestly, from what I've seen, it is usualy the "tom boy" girls that tend to accept us. My theory is that people have been trying to shove them into the roll of "little miss priss" most of their lives and so they may understand us a bit better. The didn't like it when everyone was trying to make them be girly girls, and so understand that WE may not always want to be macho men.
Again, that's just my opinion - it is not based on any sort of data or study.

tommi
02-23-2008, 09:00 AM
I think it just comes down to the person and there general acceptance of off
the norm lifestyles in general.

annekathleen
02-23-2008, 09:15 AM
At least with a very feminine wife, you're going to have access to very feminine clothing and undergarments. I'd rather reach into the wifes dresser drawer and borrow a sexy tanga, boyshort, or tap panty in a very sexy fabric. I wouldn't want to reach in to that same drawer and pull out a pair of full briefs in cotton like gramma used to wear. There was always a motive when I was buying the wife the sexiest bras and panties available. She hardly wore them day to day because of comfort levels, but only wore them on those special nights. At least I knew where to find them.

Sheena Pink
02-23-2008, 10:50 AM
I'm what you would think of as a tomboy. I hated wearing dresses when I was younger. You had to worry about how you sat, and couldn't turn cartwheels, etc.
When Bre & I go out, I think of myself "dressed" like she does. When I'm in work clothes or blue jeans, "drab". I think that she has actually brought out more femininity in me lately. Now when we go shopping I'm looking for cute skirts, instead of ones that will do.
We have gone through her closet and figured what would look great on her. Also she'll ask advice on makeup, and coordinates. I ask her advice too, she helps out a lot. I think we do pretty good as a team. :hugs:

Nicole Erin
02-23-2008, 11:02 AM
Mt wife is not super femme.
Honestly I am glad cause a girly girl would get on my nerves.

As to whether it matters or not for us CD's, I kind of doubt it.

Bernadina
02-23-2008, 11:52 AM
Yes it does help a whole lot. She has made a big difference with her help and guidance.

Carol A
02-23-2008, 12:07 PM
When we first got married my wife was T total in love with my crossdressing. She just couldn't wait to doll me all up and go have some girl fun. Now after 45 years of marriage all she does is make me stand inspection every morning when I dress. Now after 45 years you would think I knew how to dress. :love:

AmandaM
02-23-2008, 06:47 PM
My wife was a varsity cheerleader for three years in high school. Pretty fem. Then, she was also a gymnast, especially balance beam. I don't know if that is considered fem or not.

Eugenie
02-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Having an extemely masculine wife might be even better. The implications are obvious.

There may be some thruth in that comment...

However if the wife resists her masculine tendencies fearing to let it become too apparent, her reaction against a x-dressing husband may be even stronger...

But if she accepts her masculine side, you are right, that will help...

On the first question, it may be that a woman who is very attentive to her feminity and taking time and energy to look good might understand better her husband's interest making efforts to look good "en femme"...

My wife doesn't spend time at all on looking good, she feels that i spend too much time myself in that endeavour...

:hugs:
Eugenie

Rachel Morley
02-23-2008, 07:04 PM
She 'totally' gets the whole CD thing and participates enthusiastically. She happens to be a real 'girlie girl'. Do you think that makes any difference? :happy:
I too have an SO (my wife) who enthusiastically joins in ... she actually likes crossdressing and thinks it's fun :eek:

She's not a tomboy at all (see my Flickr link below if you want to see us out together) ... she describes herself as a trans-amorous genetic woman who's a feminist. Does it make a difference?? ... if you mean is she more accepting because of it ... no I don't think so. I think there are many things that can make a GG more accepting of CDing and IMHO being a "girly-girl" isn't one of them. I've actually heard the opposite ... meaning that tomboy women totally "get" not following gender expectations! However, that said, I do see how it "could" help, especially with style advice and makeup tips etc, as a girly girl (presumably?) totally "gets" why we like doing girly things .... except we unfortunately have the social stigma to deal with :sad:

KeriB
02-23-2008, 08:43 PM
We were discussing things last week and my wife said that it seemed many times like she was the male and I the female in the house --- go figure. But yes, it helps I'm sure - she's started to coach me on makeup applications, and has no issues with my using her stuff. It's been great!

Desiree Gold
02-24-2008, 06:36 PM
Hi to everyone who has replied. I had never ever thought about the 'tomboy' aspect. I guess that's a whole different pespective. I can see now that having a 'tomboy' SO could also be a nice option for a CD. Also, I'd never really thought about how females could feel, that they too, are trapped into behaving/dressing to meet society's demands. Although I definitely think that guys get a pretty boring deal when it comes to clothes.

I LOVE having a 'girlie' wife and love her dearly. But your comments have certainly been interesting and made me think - which is the whole reason why I joined the forum (and to make some new friends) :love:

LotusFlower
02-24-2008, 06:47 PM
As Cynthia tells me I am a tree hugging hippie, and it has been her that has given me make up tips. lol I was never into the hair, cloths and make up. But what I have always been is a very understanding open feminist so maybe that has helped.
She wears my nice cloths more then I do.

Cynthia_0101
02-24-2008, 07:21 PM
As Cynthia tells me I am a tree hugging hippie, and it has been her that has given me make up tips. lol I was never into the hair, cloths and make up. But what I have always been is a very understanding open feminist so maybe that has helped.
She wears my nice cloths more then I do.

Yeah at least when I wear YOUR clothes I put them away when done