PDA

View Full Version : My neighbour

battybattybats
02-24-2008, 09:02 AM
Not another nosy neighbour thread your thinking, well not quite.

My neighbour is a bit of a hippy and an artist about my mums age (in fact I was a year above her son while at a local high school for a couple of years though I didn't know him well) . The place I live in is an old large house that's been seperated into three odd shaped and sized flats. My living room is on the other side of hers and sometimes a fair bit of sound passes through the wall. I certainly didn't envy her when my ex-GF and I had loud arguments though she and the guy in the other flat later told me they only heard my GF shouting so I guess they weren't home when I shouted back or maybe my voice just got drowned out or something.

Well I've been less paranoid with my dressing even though the frequency hasn't been much higher now I have freedom and she may have overheard some of my conversations with friends etc.

We don't talk a lot but we often have good conversations when we do, on everything from politics and philosophy (the latter she'd studied at university) to science and art. Not too long ago When I'd just tried out my metallic purple nail polish I ran into her while collecting my mail and we had a long chat during which she complemented me on my long nails and my courage in painting them and not following gender norms. It was a really good and uplifting conversation. I didn't say outright that I dressed though the hint was there.

Since then I had my birthday party which I spent dressed so the chance she might have overheard something on the subject increased.

Well today she dropped by to offer me some tomatoes from the little garden she has round the side of the house which I had to decline (I can only eat fairly processed tomatoes) and she then also offered me some clothing she was getting rid of! :eek:

She asked me if I might want any of them or if I could use them as rags as she was getting rid of them so I said that I was sure that I could find a use for them or knew someone else who might want them and gratefully took them.

one or two of the things won't fit (my neighbour is very thin!) and some just wouldn't suit me though these might fit and suit a friend of mine but a few pieces are really nice and will work well!

So there we go. My neighbour might have overheard something or might have just put two and two together. She seemed a bit unsure when offering them to me, clearly making sure she didn't offend. I would think perhaps she might have thought some of the more gender neutral stuff might be my kind of thing but then the miniskirt and fluffy boa/scarf aren't really in that catagory.

Not all neighbours are scary, creepy or sleazy.
This one is nice and right out of the blue gave me clothes!

O2B Barbara
02-24-2008, 09:20 AM
Sounds like a good neighbor. Maybe wearing someting that she gave you and saying thanks would make you both more comfortable? After all, what a compliment to wear the gift. Might even open a few doors.

Michelle-NC
02-24-2008, 09:34 AM
That's great to hear that you have such a wonderful neighbor!

Jenny Beth
02-24-2008, 11:16 AM
She knows more than you think she knows. I'll bet this was her way of saying you are her friend no matter how you dress.

docrobbysherry
02-24-2008, 11:21 AM
When U get closer to her, maybe u can show her a pic of you wearing something she gave u?

SheilaM
02-24-2008, 11:25 AM
I agree with Jenny, your neighbor has it pretty well figured out and has no problem with it. She sounds like a wonderful person and she would probably welcome getting to know you better. I also think the suggestion of letting her see you in an item or two of her clothes would be a great gesture on your part.

Nicki B
02-24-2008, 11:34 AM
If I were you I'd ask her round for a coffee/bottle of wine/meal (delete as appropriate) and discuss being trans - then the next time she comes, dress? :)

JenniferR771
02-24-2008, 11:35 AM
What luck! Treat her as nice as you can. She deserves a special favor. Can you bake her some cookies?

She needs to see how her clothes fit you. Drop a hint about this.

Shelly67
02-24-2008, 11:40 AM
She knows . I reckon she wants to take her relationship with you a little further , becoming friends and having an open minded friendship . I,m so envious of you . My next doors ( I think have an idea I crossdress ) are hard to approach on most things , let alone having someone like me just a fence away.....
I,d love to open up to another female in the flesh . I,m lucky to have a very supportive S O ,and more than grateful , however its nice to perhaps feel as tho someone other than my darling wants to get to know and understand me with no emotional ties ..... see the real me , under the war paint.
It would certainly make me feel a little more at ease with myself . Sometimes I feel a little guilty for crossdressing ....stupid I know but it sometimes arises .

As for youre nieghbour , go for it . just don,t confide too much - you never know - it may be a hoot and fun .
Good luck.

Jilmac
02-24-2008, 12:03 PM
Bats, I think you are blessed to have a nieghbour like her. If I were you, I would wear one or several of the donated items, invite her to my flat, and model her donated clothes for her, then I would ask for her honest opinion. Perhaps you have found yourself a girlfriend, (something I have always longed for), to go shopping, have girl talk, and just hang out with. You are a very lucky girl. Luv and :hugs: Jill

Sinthia
02-24-2008, 12:48 PM
What a lucky girl you are to have such a sweet neighbor. I agree with all that has been said, especially inviting her over and modeling some of the outfits that she gave you. But you should inquire if it would offend her to see you dressed. You would not want to scare her away after she "opened the door" to you. Good luck, and keep us posted on the results.

Wendy me
02-24-2008, 01:01 PM
your neighbor sounds cool some one like her is a good thing .... you can talk to her and she is not calling the cops or the land lord on you every day.... you got a winer for a neighbor.............

deja true
02-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Batty ,hun. This is a no brainer! You're neighbor is opening up to you, inviting you to confide in her. She's an artist! Ever heard of a consrvative, bible thumping artist? She's intrigued by you and wants to know more.

I'd get my long-nailed, beautiful long haired body over to knock on her doorbell right now! And invite her over for a glass of wine and some chat.

Go on! Do it! Get up from your keyboard and do it right now...

respect & love (and anticipation)

deja

fluffy boa? what more do need?

MJ
02-24-2008, 04:20 PM
well i think you should get dressed up and or bake her a cake get some flowers anything in kind and go see her and thank her . she knows so it's time batty said hello :love:.

Sallee
02-24-2008, 04:29 PM
I bet she knows and is welcoming GREAT have fun maybe next time leave a foto laying around. Have fun

trannie T
02-24-2008, 06:06 PM
Would you like to trade neighbors? I'll even let you listen to their barking dog.

Scotty
02-24-2008, 06:31 PM
She knows, and she does not disapprove obviously.