PDA

View Full Version : This is going to likely be a very long post!

EllenTheWonderGirl
02-24-2008, 07:26 PM
I plan on writing a history, for what it may be worth, for others to possibly gain something from. I have been reading for quite some time, so am not writing this out of nothingness.

So many questions are asked repeatedly, and for good reason. We all need understanding, confirmation that we are not crazy, and a sense of belonging. Let me start this by saying that so many here have such great, supportive attitudes and responses that it truly warms my heart.

Ok. History.

I was 5 years old and in the first grade. Halloween was coming up, and my older sibs decided that I would make a cute girl. Hey! I was five, and getting positive attention from the same sisters that usually seemed to want to stuff me in the trash can out back and forget I existed! :D

Young pre-teen and teenage years: I discovered that I liked being with boys, but supressed it, and married the childhood sweetheart. Needless to say, it didn't work out. She was dissatisfied with me, and I discovered, much to my surprise, that I was with her as well. She was a goddess physically, but mentally and emotionally - well, not so much.

Young adult: Still trying to juggle my feelings, thoughts and actions. Married again. Found someone who seemed to be able to tolerate, if not understand, my "self". It wasn't to be. We had a child, but chose not to remain together after a few years.

Adulthood continued: Someone else came into my life. She was very intelligent and caring, and acted as though she understood. A year down that road, she decided that it wasn't worth the effort she was putting into it to continue. I thought, effort? On whose part?

Someone else came into my life. She was extremely supportive and understanding, but I was carrying around too much negative baggage, and did not treat her well emotionally. I continue to feel badly for not having taken the opportunity to shed my hardened shell when it was offered.

I lived, by myself, for a time. I took hormones for six months and lived as a women full time in a city. I experienced no problems with friends or employment. Then, guilt hit me in a big way. Though I had been sending money to take care of the child, I didn't feel right being selfish and "doing my thing" when my child needed a father. So. I moved back to BumDiddle Nowheresville, and spent the next bunch of years pretending to be something I'm not.

My child grew up, and is now considered an adult.

I don't know if I ever grew up. I still feel stuck in a pattern that can't be erased. Live, love, give, accept, deny, become defensive, escape, try again.

BTW. In reading other threads, a common theme seems to be fear of shaving. I have shaved my entire life, and have had a great number of relationships.

To be continued, possibly! I grow tired of typing.........

deja true
02-24-2008, 07:47 PM
Wonderous Ellen, don't apologize for telling a story. Each of us sees a bit of ourselves in each new story. Each of us can learn something new from each new story. You can learn from our stories, too. That's why your here, right?

Welcome to the best site there is for learning about your self. If you've been 'lurking' for a while you've probably seen all the features that are available. Get your 10 posts in quick, you can access almost anywhere and speak privately with any member you wish.

Long-winded posters like me are always glad to see another storyteller.

respect & love

deja

EllenTheWonderGirl
02-24-2008, 08:01 PM
another wandering thought:

Purging.

As others have said, don't do it. It's like promising never to say a curse word again. For most, it ain't gonna happen!

Don't get rid of things. Things are just that - things. Colors and textures and shapes. Just things.

Think about the people in your life, and whether they truly care about you.

They are human also, and are likely "hiding" something they believe to be emotionally devastating.

Tell them you care, are going to always understand no matter what, and see what happens.

Some may become defensive for a time, but open up over time, leading to a better interaction for both of you.

Some may never open up, and may always attempt to create feelings in you of hurt and guilt and pain. These are the ones to run away from, no matter the time spent involved or emotional investment.

Just my thought.

EllenTheWonderGirl
02-28-2008, 12:49 AM
hair hurts

the past has no meaning other than what we choose to ascribe

the future is what we make it

still

hair hurts

DemonicDaughter
02-28-2008, 09:08 AM
I loved your post! Sometimes when people post questions, introductions or the like on here, I often want to know more about them just to get a better idea of where they are coming from. I wish more posts were like yours. You give us a lot of insight to who you are and where you've been. Thank you for opening up, being brave enough to do so and sharing with us.

tonna reydhar
02-28-2008, 09:41 AM
As stated above, I love it, it was a great read. Now we know more about you. We should all do that.

Lol, I was thinking that "normal", people ,for lack of a better word, would most likely say, "That's what made you a crossdresser, when your sisters dressed you up"

Keep 'em comming. :D

Mmmatt
02-28-2008, 06:19 PM
I didn't feel right being selfish and "doing my thing" when my child needed a father. So. I moved back to BumDiddle Nowheresville, and spent the next bunch of years pretending to be something I'm not.

Doing the right thing is cool.

Eugenie
02-28-2008, 06:37 PM
Thank you for having shared your story. It is fascinating to witness the variety of personal histories and how these histories managed to shape who we are now.

This is probably one of the strong points of having discussions on forums like this one: sharing experiences.

What is extremely interesting is that beyond this diversity, there is nevertheless a profound sense of community.

Thanks again for being so open with us.

:hugs:
Eugenie

EllenTheWonderGirl
02-29-2008, 12:47 AM
have we said: I'm going to change. I'll be different. I'll be what you want. I'll do my best. I'll promise to not do that again. I'll......well.......fill in the blank.

Why should clothing and colors and shapes and sizes define anyone? They don't. They are used to discriminate, and used many times by those who purport to love us the most.

Don't do that or this, or else! How many times have you heard that, or at least worried obsessively about the potential for hearing something similar?

Why do people need to fear others? Because we tend to care more than others might. That is the only conclusion I can come to. We are trampled, know what that is like, and wouldn't wish it upon anyone else in the world. However, others don't have that experience sometimes. They don't understand, and will never understand, unless the dream police come for them for some reason.

Peace and love to all who follow their paths.

DemonicDaughter
02-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Why do people need to fear others? Because we tend to care more than others might. That is the only conclusion I can come to. We are trampled, know what that is like, and wouldn't wish it upon anyone else in the world. However, others don't have that experience sometimes. They don't understand, and will never understand, unless the dream police come for them for some reason.

I think at times what bothers people so much is the reflection of the differences between them and the person they are looking at. Be it the blaring contrast to their own persona or their secret desires to be similar or their secret fears they already are similar. Most people don't want to understand the difference between themselves and others but that also means they miss out on the similarities as well. Ignorance, obviously, is not bliss.

Littlej10
02-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Thank you for sharing your brief history and thoughts with us. Trying to be what others want us to be, living up to someone elses imagination always seems fairly futile. It is not only words which can lie, the only successful lie is told by someone who does not know they are lying and experience, certainly for someone with such a wide experience as yours, tells us that promising to change is lying to both parties. People who pursue the truth are also looking for advantage.
I hope that you can find peace and the happy relationship you so obviously need.
:hugs: