PDA

View Full Version : Saved by wearing a Skirt

mikecd999
02-24-2008, 08:04 PM
Last fall my wife and I were in Houston and decided to eat at Mark's American Cuisine Resturant on Westheimer Road. At the front door there was a sign that said "Approaite Attire Required, No Shorts allowed" or something like that. Well I was wearing a knee length denium skirt.
When we entered the Hostes said " Sorry, no shorts allowed". Before I could say anything a guy behind her, I think the assisant manager said, "Thats a skirt and he is OK wearing it".
My wife and I were speachless, but followed the hostes to a table for a great meal with excellent service. I would highly recomend Mark's if you have the chance to eat there in Houston.
Mikecd999

Shelly Preston
02-24-2008, 08:09 PM
I wold loved to have been there to see that

Her face must have been priceless

deja true
02-24-2008, 08:13 PM
That's priceless, mikey! You need to send that guy a bunch of flowers or a note or something.

deja

Princess29
02-24-2008, 08:15 PM
cool story

Dawn Marie
02-24-2008, 08:24 PM
Great story, I just might have to try out that resturant myself. I just love denim skirts, I actually have about six of different lenghts and syles.

Marvina Martian
02-25-2008, 01:12 AM
:lol:
That was great! Maybe I'll try that one myself next time I'm down there ;)

Dalece
02-25-2008, 03:02 AM
I would have been floored, Good move I love the story,.

erickka
02-25-2008, 07:27 AM
I too would have been speechless. You would have also had to scrape my jaw off the floor! lol !!!

JoAnnDallas
02-25-2008, 10:37 AM
I have a short that looks like a skirt. In fact I have had 3-4 of my CD sisters comment how pretty my skirt is. When I tell them it is really a skort, they don't believe me until I pull up the front and expose the shorts part.
Sounds like it all worked out and glad you had a great time. Wife and I used to live in Houston and know the place your talking about. We used to goto the Westimer Arts Fest on Montrose when it was a street party. The Gay bars used to have signs for straight people with the understanding that anyone sitting there was NOT to be approached. LOL Used to be great drag shows in the area too. Wife and I have not been in Houston for many years now. Not even sure if the Fest is even held anymore.