PDA

View Full Version : Size

Sandi jo
02-25-2008, 07:21 AM
I've read through some threads about how tall some of us are and weight of coarse and I had to laugh at how some have said they are small at 5'6' or so.I am a very small man at just above 5 foot tall(makes it much easier to buy junior clothes).I Always thought it made it easier to slip into a fem mode.I admire all you very tall girls to be able To dress and shop.Just the view from down here.

Gisele
02-25-2008, 07:34 AM
Hi sandi,

I am 5'11" and I have to buy all of my things in the juniors dept. It's due to my size. I wear size 0 or 1's.

I was unhappy with my height until talking to a bunch of GG's. They all agree that gg's and girls like us can go taller with the help of high heels. I thought they were crazy but they were being truthful. They think it's sexy and hot to be taller.:D

I havent pushed it with wearing high heels when out. I pretty much stick with flats. When I get more nerve up I may try out the heels.

It don't help when my fiance is 5'3" and we are out. I feel like a tower over her.

Sandi jo
02-25-2008, 08:35 AM
I really wish I was taller it would give me much larger range of clothing to wear wear.You don't know how many times I've seen a dress knowning there is no way I can get it in my size.When I was in college I dated many women who were 6 feet tall and thought I'd like to wear what they have on and I would tell them but we would look but its real hard to find certain things in a very small size.

DemonicDaughter
02-25-2008, 10:27 AM
As a 5'8" GG (that being a bit tall for a woman) I wear heels as much as possible and average about 6' to 6'2". I LOVE being tall and think it quite sexy when a CD is taller too. :)

LindaTS
02-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Here I am at 5'5" and very happy with where I am. It's very easy finding clothes for my height but jeans can be somewhat of a problem in that GG's have longer legs than I do. I definitely need petites.

Sophie Angel
02-25-2008, 10:52 AM
I'm 6'2". I hate it :(

jenniferj
02-25-2008, 11:24 AM
I am somwhere about 6' - 6'1", and try not to let it bother me.

I still have remnants of my college football upper body, and there is no way I'm ever likely to be smaller that a size 18 ( I am still trying to lose some weight to thin out the tummy) on top. My bottom is actually a 14/16 which made it really hard to look balanced.

After years (decades) of lamentation, I started to play with stacked pieces of thin foam rubber and a long leg briefer. After a relatively few trial and error sessions I developed a nicely curved size 18 bottom to match my top. Now my clothes fit much better and I look froward to styles that show off my hips and tush.

Now if you do the arithmetic, you will see that a size 18 on a 73in tall girl is the same proportion as a size 12 on a 65" girl (5'5"). Now size 12 isn't model thin, but it is slightly that the national average.

If I look at myself in a mirror without size references, I look pretty good, especially with heels. But when I stand next to my wife while I am dressed - I look huge.

The comforting thing is that nearly every day I see a gg who is taller than me. And a lot of them (particularly the adult women) are at least as heavy as me.

The bottom line is, they make clothes that fit nearly all of us. That implies (fredericks notwithstanding) that there are women to fit those clothes. Just find the styles that look good on your particular shape.

- jj

TSchapes
02-25-2008, 12:01 PM
I'm 6'4", in the past when I went out I wore flats, high-heels only for pictures. Now there are tall GGs out there.

Here's a web page of tall women:

http://www.tallestwomenoftheworld.com/

I guess from what I read they get stares too, so, somehow I would have to keep that in the back of my mind if I ever go out again.

Oh, and some of them are gorgeous:

http://www.alexisskye.com/index.htm

I like that site, she wears a size 13 shoe, I wear a 12, makes me feel better :heehee:

TxKimberly
02-25-2008, 12:30 PM
. . . I wear size 0 or 1's. . .

I USED to like Beth! LOL
She's telling the truth too. I've met her and she really IS that skinny.

I'm 5ft9 which is a bit tall for a woman but not THAT unusual. I love my pretty heels and wear them anyway. Passing is important to me, but what would be the point of crossdressing anyway of you don't feel pretty and can't wear what makes ya happy?
Oh - I recently read that 5ft9 is the ideal height for a female model! lol

Eugenie
02-25-2008, 12:39 PM
Size seems to be less of a problem now than it was some decades ago.

I am rather small (as a man) 1,71 meter (don't know how much ath is in feet...)

I see many girls far taller than I am, in particular younger girls...

I admit, though, that being rather small make my life easier...

:hugs:
Eugenie

TxKimberly
02-25-2008, 01:01 PM
. . .I am rather small (as a man) 1,71 meter (don't know how much ath is in feet...) . . .

I have this handy little converter I use for work. 1.70 Meters = 67.3 inches or
about 5ft7. In other words, just about ideal for a woman.

Shadeauxmarie
02-25-2008, 01:02 PM
Hi sandi,

I am 5'11" and I have to buy all of my things in the juniors dept. It's due to my size. I wear size 0 or 1's.

I was unhappy with my height until talking to a bunch of GG's. They all agree that gg's and girls like us can go taller with the help of high heels. I thought they were crazy but they were being truthful. They think it's sexy and hot to be taller.:D

I havent pushed it with wearing high heels when out. I pretty much stick with flats. When I get more nerve up I may try out the heels.

It don't help when my fiance is 5'3" and we are out. I feel like a tower over her.

You make me SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous.

Eugenie
02-25-2008, 01:03 PM

Thanks Kimberly,

Being in a cyber cafe I didn't have my usual Web favourites list...

:hugs:
Eugenie

joann07
02-25-2008, 01:14 PM
I'm about 5'6 without heels and can fit in some juniors tops and dresses.
With tops, it's usually a large and with dresses its sometimes a large or extra large.

pamela_a
02-25-2008, 01:15 PM
I guess I get the prize for tallest so far, I'm 6'5" in stocking feet. In a way being tall helped me convince my wife women's clothes were better for me, at least I could buy something off the rack that was long enough.
Thinking about that, I guess that would mean girls wearing heels are nearly as tall as I am without so maybe being tall isn't that much of a detractor after all.

-Paula-

bridget thronton
02-25-2008, 03:02 PM
I am 5'8" and I like the idea of being a tall woman (I am short or average as a male)

waspookie6
02-25-2008, 03:08 PM
Linda, It is a problem across the board with girls jeans even in juniors. Thankgoodness the "drag along" style is going away, we are seeing more real lengths in smaller sizes again.

Have you ever tried capri cut jeans? They look pretty good if you are a bit shorter and come in more colors than "denim blue" :happy:

waspookie6
02-25-2008, 03:13 PM
I guess I get the prize for tallest so far, I'm 6'5" in stocking feet. In a way being tall helped me convince my wife women's clothes were better for me, at least I could buy something off the rack that was long enough.
Thinking about that, I guess that would mean girls wearing heels are nearly as tall as I am without so maybe being tall isn't that much of a detractor after all.

-Paula-
Paula, all that comes to mind is "she's got legs up to her neck" and everyone drools over that! :o

trannie T
02-25-2008, 06:43 PM

Girl, your engineer is showing.:hugs:

TxKimberly
02-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Girl, your engineer is showing.:hugs:

LOL I HATE it when that happens! :-)

Amy Lynn3
02-25-2008, 08:12 PM
I'm 6'-2" tall in my stocking feet and I just love those long legged gg jeans. They fit my long legs.hehe

Jocelyn Quivers
02-25-2008, 09:11 PM
5'6" I get teased as being the short guy when in male mode at work. En femme it's just the right size.

KateSpade83
02-25-2008, 11:23 PM
I'm glad I'm 5' 4" tall so I can also fit real teen chearleader outfits, school girl outfits, and size 4 stuff. Glad I'm not too skinny like Beth3 because it's hard finding clothes in size 2 or 0, especially skirt suits. So where I am is perfect, it's also the average height of an American woman.

JoAnnDallas
02-26-2008, 09:33 AM
I am 5'8", 150 lbs, size 12-14 dress, and size 8.5-9 heel. I think it does help me blend in more when I am out dressed. I have Tri-Ess sisters that are over 6 foot and they have no problem going out dressed. I have come to beleive that it is mostly attitude that you present when going out dressed. There are plenty of GG's that are 6 foot or taller. I try to present myself as a mature woman, act like I go out all the time, and smile at people.

JenniferR771
02-26-2008, 11:02 AM
Five feet 8 inches. I always felt small, a little short as a man. But it works out well in drag. Also i am skinny so I can wear a size 10--usually. Dress in my avatar of the week is size 10.

Alana65
02-26-2008, 11:19 AM
6'5" in bare feet (wish I was 5'9" like Kimberly) with a 36" inseam.

Sonia Kiss
02-26-2008, 11:36 AM
Hi Jennifer, you made a couple of comments I really agree with:

... a size 18...on top. My bottom is actually a 14/16 which made it really hard to look balanced.

After years (decades) of lamentation, I started to play with stacked pieces of thin foam rubber and a long leg briefer. After a relatively few trial and error sessions I developed a nicely curved size 18 bottom to match my top. Now my clothes fit much better and I look froward to styles that show off my hips and tush.

Yes! This is a problem for most of us. It's why separates are easier to fit--you can get tops and bottoms in different sizes, why dresses and coats hang on us like flour sacks, and why I too started wearing hip pads about a year ago. I love having my lower half more in proportion to my upper half.

If I look at myself in a mirror without size references, I look pretty good, especially with heels. But when I stand next to my wife while I am dressed - I look huge.

This effect always makes me smile. We look great in photographs alone or with other TGs, and then next to GGs we look like giants. (And yes, just on average, not always, not everyone...)

And heels, yes again! Personally, I haven't been into heels that much lately, but I have friends who are, some of them up to 6'6" barefoot, and I have to agree with them that long legs and heels make a beautiful look.

The comforting thing is that nearly every day I see a gg who is taller than me. And a lot of them (particularly the adult women) are at least as heavy as me....

And there's the real dose of reality. It's not that we're taller--maybe on average, sure--but reality is that the world is full of people of all sizes.

Sonia :)

Christina Nicole
02-26-2008, 05:50 PM
According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the average U.S. woman is 5' 3" tall and weighs 152 pounds. The average U.S. male stands 5' 9" tall weighing 180 pounds. Also about 50 percent of the women in this country are size 14 or larger, with 14 being the average. But that makes the other 50% size 12 or smaller. I'm 5'6", 135 pounds and wear a size 8 or 10. Close enough to average!

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

epsxyblkm
02-26-2008, 08:08 PM
I am 6'7" in bare feet (something that I enjoy). And when I am wearing my favorite heels I am 7'

KateSpade83
02-26-2008, 11:00 PM
From ebay auctions of skirt suits, I think size 8 is the average size of American women because the most listings for skirt suits occur at size 8!

lisalove
02-27-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm 6'!' and 190#. I wear size 12 dresses and one peice swim suits. Ican wear jeans from size 10 to 16 depending on maker. size 5 or 6 panties and 36b bras. And I wear size 12 shoes but can wear an 11 if they are open toe or heel shoes. It is hard to find tops that are long enough for my long torso, so I have to wear a large or sometimes extra large.

Alyla
02-27-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm 5'6", 135 pounds and wear a size 8 or 10. Close enough to average!

Me too! 35-28-35 about, but I have the same problem with that evasive illusion of shape. Just got back had to deal with some issues(health) with my spouse. Had to step out of the fog for a while. Hope everyone here is well.

Alyla

Angie Sweet
02-27-2008, 07:26 PM
I am 6'1" about 180. But the height is mostly legs. The only big problem I have had with clothes is with skirts. The right size can turn out WAY too short. Even at that height I love high heels 4"-5", not that I can walk real well in them. I do have shorter heels that I am learing to walk in.

vivianann
02-28-2008, 12:25 AM
I am 5'10" tall with short legs 30" inseam, long body, 200 lbs well proportioned weight wise, I wear a size 18 dress, and skirts. It is hard to find a dress or a skirt that is not too long, most size 18 dresses or skirts go to the floor on me, I do not like long dresses. I like mid thigh to knee length dresses, and skirts. I wear a size 12 wide width 3" heels. I get alot of compliments from women, when I tell them I am size 18 dress, they tell me that I do not look that big. I wear a 40 DD bodyshaper or bra.

michellebesweet
02-28-2008, 12:32 AM
Who are you, I hate you all.........., but wish I was your size, hehe.

AmandaM
02-28-2008, 12:42 AM
5' 8 1/2", 198 lbs., wear a 16. Have long legs for a guy. 18 lbs. to go!

tamarav
02-28-2008, 01:07 AM
Can't find my glasses so I'll just use a picture or two....

EllenTheWonderGirl
02-28-2008, 01:10 AM
have lost over 40 pounds

and look incredible.

Life is good, sometimes

Sarah Plumber
02-28-2008, 11:24 AM
6ft 6" here.
About 220 lbs
I hate it as well !!

Size 10-11 feet ........ impossible to buy shoes without spending a fortune and they arn't readily available in the high street ...

I'd love to try high heels but never had the chance ...

No way I could ever pass......even if I could be convincing I guess I'd still get stared at being a very large girl.

JoAnnDallas
02-28-2008, 12:44 PM
I'm 5'8", 150 lbs, size 12/14 dress, size 8.5/9 heel. I have seen plenty of GG's about my height, weight, and size. My wife is 5'7" and 145 lbs, size 16 dress, and size 8 heel. Three of the four front office girls I work with are about my height. One is a size 8/10, two are size 12/14, and the fourth is a size 20.

Dawn Marie
02-29-2008, 12:02 AM
I'm only 5'5" which I think is very short for a male, but just right for a female. I can fit into a lot of different styles of clothes. I'm usually a size 10 but hope to get that down to an 8. Shoes I'm very fortunate to have small feet and fit into a womens 7.5. THou I would love to have longer legs. Long legs look so good in short skirts.

Marvina Martian
02-29-2008, 12:55 AM
Well, I figured that I'd chime in with my sizes as well. I am 5'6", 36-26-36 and have a 8.5 shoe (7.5 mens). I am usually a 6 but in jeans I wear a 4 usually ;)
I'm working off a little bit of extra weight, both unused muscle from cycling professionally for years and a little fat here and there. Ideally I should be 125lbs. or lighter and am at 135 now....

I know, I know, shoot me now! I'm sorry :love:

Charolette time
02-29-2008, 09:13 AM
Well, I figured that I'd chime in with my sizes as well. I am 5'6", 36-26-36 and have a 8.5 shoe (7.5 mens). I am usually a 6 but in jeans I wear a 4 usually ;)
I'm working off a little bit of extra weight, both unused muscle from cycling professionally for years and a little fat here and there. Ideally I should be 125lbs. or lighter and am at 135 now....

I know, I know, shoot me now! I'm sorry :love:

Try being 6.2, and holding at 300 plus pounds, and only wear a size 8.5 shoe size, thank god for Lane Bryant, and the clerance rack at Wal.mart:devil::DCharolette

Raquel June
02-29-2008, 09:33 AM
What's the deal with Juniors sizes? I thought they were for younger girls, but a lot of people talk like they're for taller girls. I've noticed that I like the way Juniors jeans fit better.

I'm 6'0", which doesn't seem that tall for a guy, but I'm usually one of the tallest people around.

When I get heels on and go to a club, I'm almost always the tallest person there except for maybe one or two queens who also have heels on.

I kinda like being tall and sticking out when I'm somewhere that I know I don't have to pass, but I don't think I'd ever wear heels just out in public. I would feel like everyone was staring at me. I usually just wear some all black New Balances if I'm going to be in public for a little bit.

Nicki B
02-29-2008, 10:36 AM
..I had to laugh at how some have said they are small at 5'6' or so.I am a very small man at just above 5 foot tall

You posted that just to make us all want to kill you, right? :rolleyes:

Littlej10
02-29-2008, 11:31 AM
At 5'8" and 142 lbs. I can pad up to size 14 which looks as natural as my wifes shape at 5'6" and 138lbs scraping into a size 12. She hates makeup so I look prettier- well some of the time.

briannad
02-29-2008, 12:39 PM
I like to say I am 5'7" but the reality is 5' 5.5" turns out that I love my height now

akaCathy
03-01-2008, 12:13 PM
I'm 5'5" tall. I love wearing my heels so I can feel taller, for a change.

fay
03-02-2008, 07:18 PM
I'm 5' 10" and size 12/14 and need to do some exercise before my BodyMassIndex drifts out of the top of the acceptable band :sad:

Dena
03-03-2008, 12:05 AM
I'm 5' 12"! just a little too tall when dressed. Next to my wife I look like Sasquatch.

Sandi jo
03-03-2008, 07:02 AM
Glad to hear from all of you,Nicki B don't kill me, just wanted to know if I was the smallest one here

Margot
03-03-2008, 07:38 AM
I am 6 ft. 185#. My wife feels that I should not worry about my height as there are many tall women out there. Fortunately, I can wear size 10 ladies shoes so It's not all bad.:hugs:
Margot

deja true
03-03-2008, 07:54 AM
While many on another forum claim this is a fake piccy, just get a look at how hot a really really tall girl can be.

Michelle04240
03-03-2008, 08:55 AM
I am 6'0 size 12. I make a tall woman for sure, but it's all good.

Angie G
03-03-2008, 09:42 AM
I'm 5'7'' in hose 3-1/2 to 4in. taller in my heels :hugs:
Angie

lucya_od
03-03-2008, 09:56 AM
i am 5ft9, with a uk size 11 in a mans shoe.

jessielee
03-04-2008, 09:29 AM
so nice to see this thread!
i was looking around last night during chorale rehearsal at all the different body types. of course i wish i were petite and/or dainty. but i realized how many ggs must play the cards they're dealt with, even as we do.
i sincerely don't know what was wrong with me in my twenties when i dated and loved two ggs who were the same height as me, 5'10", and i didn't even try on their clothes, except for some delicious panties left in my sofa one night which i kept - you know its been 23 years but that must have been my start! but besides that, i didn't even dwell on it. i do now in retrospect. i look back and consider how very feminine and graceful they were and are when i reflect on what a plain, "mannish" girl i make. and i observed shorter gfs last night with broader facial features and more chiseled looks than mine and i thought on what most of us already knew, that we are all so different and its what makes the world go 'round. and, with building polishied makeup skills and learning how to walk and move, is excellent news for cders wanting to blend in and pass, eventually. it gives me hope. good job girls. very encouraging. i am 193 pounds, wear a 16/18, the size my so can't fit now, she's 5'9", and it makes me feel as petite as i imagine, even in heels!
btw, i can't say FAB without thinking of International Rescue, the Thunderbirds of Gerry and Sylvia Anderson of AP Films/Century 21 Productions.
thanks for inspiring me, ladies.
jessie

victoriamwilliams1
03-08-2008, 05:55 PM
I am 6'8" and I wear heels and go out al the time.

Kelsy
03-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Victoria!!! 6'8" that's not a typo is it?! Girl you are one tall drink of water!!:D

Kelsy:thumbsup:

lauraabdl
03-08-2008, 07:46 PM
I'm 6'2" in stockings and with 3" heels I guess i'm really tall, just dont feel that way. I wear a size 18 and a 12W heel.
Laura

Amy Hepker
03-08-2008, 08:16 PM
How is the weather down there. I am 6'2" and I have seen GGs taller than myself before.

ann stef
03-08-2008, 09:00 PM
At least you can wear high heels, 3-4" if desired. At 5-9, must stay in flats to blend in when going out. Lots of junior sixe clothes to choose from, as well as single digit misses sizes.

Lisa Golightly
03-08-2008, 09:04 PM
At 6' 1" I'm a Xena through and through... Puuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrr :)

Traci_Ann CD
03-10-2008, 10:35 PM
While many on another forum claim this is a fake piccy, just get a look at how hot a really really tall girl can be.
deja true.....I've seen that woman. There's another picture of her walking beside another in a e-mail that's been passed around the internet. If I remember right, it says she's either 7'0 ft or over 7'0 ft.

My male side is saying..."My god, she'd kill me...but what a way to go tho" (lol) ;>)

Krista M
03-10-2008, 11:18 PM
5'6" 140lbs 8.5 to 9 shoe, size 3 to 4 jeans, 4 skirt, 6 to 8 tops
i am kinda small for a guy and kinda big for a girl so i guess i fit right in

when i saw that pic of the gia aaaa i mean tall girl the first thing that came to mind was " thats a huge bit#*" from duece bigalow :eek: lol

Dalece
03-11-2008, 02:52 AM
I'm 6' weight loosing it Under 240. Size plus size can fit in 18 skirt and pants dresses tops 3x hopfully loose more weight sizes go down. Wish me luck. Shoes size 12w.