PDA

View Full Version : So, I came out to my mom....

NateX
02-25-2008, 10:00 PM
... and all she said was, "It's about time." I expected a bigger reaction, despite all of my years of dressing male, all my years of shunning all things "girly." I even told my mom once when I was five that if I'd have known I had to wear a damn dress at a beauty pagent, I wouldn't have done it. She kind of avoided calling me anything other than "honey" and "sweetheart" for the rest of the call, so I'm not sure how to take that.

She hates the name I picked too. I ended up going with Sebastian Andrew. She said if my dad had ever suggested the name Sebastian, she'd have slapped him. I still have to tell the rest of the family, but I'm getting there. My mom's side first, they'll take it better than my dad's side.

*looks over the post* Yep, that's about it. Ok, back to lurking in dark corners again.

ZenFrost
02-25-2008, 10:19 PM
Hey, way to go with coming out. :smilep: It's funny how other people sometimes know without being told stuff like that.

And I like the name Sebastian, I think you should keep it. :bg:

Abraxas
02-26-2008, 02:49 AM
Awesome, man. I adore the name Sebastian. If I ever have (adopt) kids, that's the first one's name. :happy:

Felix
02-26-2008, 05:58 AM
Hi Hun and well done :hugs: I love the name Sebastian too :happy: xx Felix. Oh don't be hiding in the corners either :heehee:

Drake
02-26-2008, 09:10 AM
Congrats on coming out!
Yeah, don't go hiding! The more people here, the merrier.

btw, Sebastian is a great name.

Flameboy
02-26-2008, 01:12 PM
Well done for telling your mother - it's not an easy step to take! Personally, I wouldn't worry about her not using any name for you during the rest of the conversation - it's a massive switch for someone to take, especially the person who named you in the first place, but I'm sure she'll get used to the name and start using it as soon as she can. At least she made an effort not to call you by your old name, which is more than a lot of parents do!

Oh, and don't go back to lurking - keep on posting!

Dave

CaptLex
02-26-2008, 01:32 PM
Well done for telling your mother - it's not an easy step to take! Personally, I wouldn't worry about her not using any name for you during the rest of the conversation - it's a massive switch for someone to take, especially the person who named you in the first place, but I'm sure she'll get used to the name and start using it as soon as she can. At least she made an effort not to call you by your old name, which is more than a lot of parents do!

Oh, and don't go back to lurking - keep on posting!

Dave
:yt: Ditto on all of the above!

And I like the name too. :thumbsup:

kerrianna
02-26-2008, 04:14 PM
"It's about time!" :p

Moms!

Congratulations.

I think Sebastian's a cool name. It's your name. She'll get used to it. :hugs:

ChaosAngel
02-29-2008, 09:12 PM
You shouldn't let Sebastian fool you. *smiles* I'm the one who told his mother. She also said I have to make him visit sometime after a few appointments so she can see how he's doing. She's taking it rather well but we gotta see how it turns out in person. Being six hours away makes it easier to deal with till they see you in person, at least thats my opinion on some parents.

boi_0h
03-01-2008, 01:54 AM
That's great Sebastian, best of luck with coming out to the rest of the family; maybe you can come out of your lurking once and a while, too? :D

Tamara Croft
03-04-2008, 08:36 PM
I'm a bit late with this, but that's great news :w00t: